• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what other games do people here play that theyre actually GOOD at?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
and i thought it was the less combos there are the more mindgames are needed to get a kill..
and i thought there were not as many combos in brawl as in melee..

but yeah i hear what you are saying: any character can be played any way you want

but lets just say the average mindgames needed for brawl is higher than melee... thats not to say that the top melee players dont have more mindgames then top brawl players. It would probably end up pretty even.. just a feeling i am going with the brawl side XP

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
and i thought it was the less combos there are the more mindgames are needed to get a kill..
and i thought there were not as many combos in brawl as in melee..

but yeah i hear what you are saying: any character can be played any way you want

but lets just say the average mindgames needed for brawl is higher than melee... thats not to say that the top melee players dont have more mindgames then top brawl players. It would probably end up pretty even.. just a feeling i am going with the brawl side XP
more often people resort to mindgames in brawl, its not needed, its just the more common choice. same for the opposite in melee, melee kids love their tech

Sieg

Smash Champion
with melee you do not have to guess what the opponent will do

say i think somebody is going to roll, i wait for them to roll then grab them
but if i don't think they will roll, i might dash forwards to make them roll and then dash back and grab
it's like... doing stuff to make your opponent do stuff
there's a lot of that

whatever dude all of your opinions are from a specator's view, don't care
Trolling me in a troll thread.

But seriously I don't see why my views are from a spectator's view anyway, I played for like 4 years. *Shrug*

On that note though you pick up a lot more about a match spectating then you do playing, because it's easier to see certain moves in your mind without having to worry about what you're doing with your hands.

On the Melee note, let's assume I try to empty jump in with Falcon.

Because he's probably the fastest character while jumping in, the opponent has less time to guess what I'm doing. Am I going to stomp? Am I going to Nair? Am I going to Fair? Will I empty hop? The opponent has to think about all these things within this small amount of timeframe. Sometimes you don't think, you just do an see what happens.

This is why the higher level players play better. Because they can recognize certain situations that they've seen before and they know what to do, or what the safest thing to do will be. The same can be said for most fighting games.

So now you can see what I mean by guessing things.

EDIT: Doing stuff to make your opponent do stuff is called 'conditioning' :D

tibs7

Smash Champion
turtle im still MMing you in melee and in mkds dont forget it. none if this my gf doesnt appreciate me johns yeah? good.

kupo

Smash Lord
at what? and yes if u come to squat ill mm you at a wide variety of games including melee :) but i heard you're not coming? whys that?
At MK64! No items! I bags Yoshi/Peach! I cant think of any other good games thats decent to MM for. >_>

Not going to Squat due to money johns. Otherwise I'd go! There's always next time ;)

Wow, Meta. For a 100% Clear was it pure legit or with "Hacks?" :p. I'm just curious cos every item is so spread out and no doubt there'll be a lot of back tracking :|. I havent seen a Metroid speedrun..so yeah :p. Rather hear it from you.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
At MK64! No items! I bags Yoshi/Peach! I cant think of any other good games thats decent to MM for. >_>

Not going to Squat due to money johns. Otherwise I'd go! There's always next time ;)

Wow, Meta. For a 100% Clear was it pure legit or with "Hacks?" :p. I'm just curious cos every item is so spread out and no doubt there'll be a lot of back tracking :|. I havent seen a Metroid speedrun..so yeah :p. Rather hear it from you.
alright we'll make it for 50 cents to save you money :bee: i like yoshi the best but it doesnt matter him, peach and toad are the same so ill be any of them, but yoshi is obv coolest

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
turtle im still MMing you in melee and in mkds dont forget it. none if this my gf doesnt appreciate me johns yeah? good.
and yes you too i'll make the mkds one 50 cents for you too and the melee one can be whatever you like cause you'll prob be the king by then.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
that was the 100% speedrun. The fastest speedrun was by some japanese player (of course), i forget his name. it was like 34 minutes, which is pretty insane (Frame perfect is something like 28 minutes at the moment). I watched it and it was insane how much control he had over the game.

The items are spread out but you can use alot of glitches to grab them all early. It's not hard to find effective pathways to get them all aswell. I've never attempted a 100% run though..

tibs7

Smash Champion
so it turns out turtle isnt as good as everyone says. i beat him with no jump buttons.
if he posts something. disregard it completely

Splice

Smash Hero
what if turt says your way better then him tibs? do I disregard it then?
Disregard doesnt necessarily mean dont believe it, or that he is lying, luke.
It just means you should totally ignore what he says, and not take his opinion into consideration whatsoever.

That said, I like your jokes. Keep up the good work.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Disregard doesnt necessarily mean dont believe it, or that he is lying, luke.
It just means you should totally ignore what he says, and not take his opinion into consideration whatsoever.

That said, I like your jokes. Keep up the good work.

what if it wasnt a joke? what if I'm an idiot?

Sieg

Smash Champion
If GX didn't involve effort snaking, then yeah I would have been alot better.

That being said I finished very hard story mode, which is apparently one of the hardest story modes around for any game.

unreon

Smash Ace
F-Zero GX was brutal. But for some reason I could never get amazingly good at it. The cars always seemed so hypersensitive with some, and not sensitive enough for others. I could never really use cars other than Twin Norita (which was my bread and butter in X). Still don't know how people do that falling-off-the-stage-jumping-back-on-for-speed thing

That said, it was an amazing game and I boot it up every now and then.

Top Bottom