• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what other games do people here play that theyre actually GOOD at?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
when i mean good not like, beat some random game on hard mode or something.
i mean actually do impressive things/beat good people

i play blazblue and USED to play tf2 (****ing shared house tpg) with x5 until my net just made me stop

Sieg

Smash Champion
Arcade Racing games. Or racing games in general that actually involve proper physics.

Splice

Smash Hero
Im good at Kirbys Dreamland 1, I'm about 16 seconds of the record speed run. I would've beaten the speedrun by now but mid 2008 there was a much faster new record.

That's about it for me.

I guess i can also take a bit of pride in how good I got at Zelda TP whilst I was playing it, mainly the swordplay ; I did the 50 level dungeon and only get hit about 3-4 times. That's actually pretty hard to do btw.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah you guys play the newer ones, I'm oldskool v2 and v3.

I'd say I am pretty good at tetris, I used to play online a fair bit and ***** everybody I came across,
also stepmania, I can do crazy things on that game.

MTGod

Smash Champion
There's a French turn-based strategy game called Dofus Arena that I was fairly good at (as in, could give the top 10 players a run for their money)... Unfortunately, thanks to Telstra, I haven't been able to play a match without a significant amount of lag (ultra important when you've only got 30 seconds of turn time per character lol) so I sorta just started playing it for friendlies about a year ago, and during the Uni semester stopped altogether coz it got a bit hectic... It's always fun watching people curse you in another language :p

@Luke: do you mean Stepmania with the arrow keys or with the dance mat :p?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah with the arrow keys, I used to be good at DDR (I could get an A rating on max 300 on heavy) but then I got fat and unfit.

Alzi

Smash Master

Mario Kart

Legend of zelda games like splice said i am good with the sword and i fight in a professional way.

I was just getting into those arcade car games like Midnight Maxium tune but i realised it would waste alot of money after playing two games so i quit and never even went time zone ever again.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I used to be really hugely into speed running before entering the Smash scene, mostly Mario and Zelda games. I've made serious attempts at Mario 64, Galaxy, TMC and Linked OOA/OOS TAS, and pretty much casually speed-ran every other game in both of those series (Mario significantly less-so though, love Zelda too much). Also made a real attempt at Banjo-Kazooie, but my speed running rarely goes outside of Mario and Zelda.

These days I mostly just come up with tricks and stuff since I prefer to focus my videogaming time on Smash or new releases rather than full-length runs, although I'm getting the itch to run NSMBW - I'll probably only end up running it casually though.

LUKE - To be fair it's not really a contradiction, he said good RPGs except FF7, which would indicate him admitting that FF7's a good RPG, he just doesn't play it. :p (dw I hate him just as much as everyone else, maybe.)

Ant1

Smash Ace
I was good at BF2. Once had a k/d ratio in one game of 55/5. Love the LAV-25, with its ridiculously large splash on its bullets. Spawn camping on karhand :D
I was best at support though.
BF2 was so fun, especially putting c4 on the buggies or jeeps which got called 'jihad jeeps', then driving it into a tank as a suicide bomber.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy

Sieg

Smash Champion

Mario Kart

Legend of zelda games like splice said i am good with the sword and i fight in a professional way.

I was just getting into those arcade car games like Midnight Maxium tune but i realised it would waste alot of money after playing two games so i quit and never even went time zone ever again
Pansy.

Waste your money away at TZ!

600 bucks till my PLATINUM CARD!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Perfect Dark (urgh well I was at one point)
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 (urrrrrrrrrrrrgh)
Super Metroid (I've done a few speed runs + a few well designed difficulty hacks)
SNES/N64 Mario Kart

i like playing good rpg with good storys ecept for ff7 and above
Hyphen Underscore Underscore Underscore Underscore Underscore Hyphen

Ant1

Smash Ace
anyone who could beat every level in perfect dark on the hardest difficulty including the extra missions is good at that game. Also unlocking every cheat and getting all stars on every weapon in training mode also meant u are good at that game. AR34 gold star test was get 100% bullseye accuracy iirc.... i never got that, brother did, although i never really tried.

And also ur good if u could beat all the challenges by urself... man so many difficult things in that game! that's what made it so good. I never beat challenge 30 solo :(
Beating the final level WAR! was really difficult. First time i got to the final skedar king im like omg!!! then i choked and he hit me with a rocket. Next time though i got him :)

I used to be good at timesplitters 2... its a really good game, it's just not that popular sadly. If u guys want a challenge try playing that game on the hardest difficulty or getting platinum ranks in the challenges.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
War on Co-op (two players, not the sim) is disgusting. It's amplified due to the enemies killing you even quicker and the...err, frame rates are not healthy (praise the re-release...). I finally completed that level with my brother last year on Perfect. It's much easier with the sim, but I wanted to be difficult. I also found the Chicago time based cheat really hard to unlock (I wasn't doing it correctly apparently), took me like 6 hours because I remember not moving or doing my homework until it was done. Didn't have much trouble with any other cheats on that or Goldeneye (hardest cheat on Goldeneye was Train or Control imo). Aztec was a horrible level in general though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
try playing through cod4 on 360 on the hardest setting (including the crazy plane mission at the very end), now thats a fun challenge, god**** consoles lack of a mouse

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I played naruto gnt 4 on cube a fair bit, tried to get kas into it but i kept ****** him too hard... so we went back to smoiyush
is that the one where itachi was **** tier packed with infinites? lol

also i finished everything on perfect dark when i was like 12 and ********, the games not very hard at all, same with goldeneye

im pretty sure im still ******** but i was like downs back then

Ant1

Smash Ace
I was good at golden sun :D

Beating dulluhan on hard mode without summon rushing or any cheap tactic is one of my best gaming achievements. It was so difficult, probably the most difficult thing i've ever beaten. All characters were around lvl 50 at the time i think.

Djinn storm, charon randomly killing ppl, and his 1 hit k.o. atk, makes it almost impossible. Wierd occurence in the game was that the flora summon ALWAYS was the finishing blow to a hard boss, and it was the same with dulluhan. <3 flora summon

and wtf i just found u can summon dulluhan as a psynergy ability?!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you want something impressive to boast about, go and beat contra without the contra code

Ant1

Smash Ace
thats nearly impossible lol, don't u only got like 3 lives?
Something impressive i've done with my brother is in mario kart double dash, we made dk (the fastest cpu) get a total score of 0 in all cup mode. Which means we made him come last in every single race, all in one shot. And it was on mirror mode.

Dk was so fast he could outrun red shells....

But really thats the only impressive thing i've done in video games, i've never done speed runs or anything special.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats not really that impressive, I have never tried it but when I play double dash with friends and they're getting pwned I can drop back and take out all the karts around them to get them into first.

contra is where its at.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about getting an emulator and play it to see how difficult it really is. I would probably end up cheating by savestates though.
I dl'ed silver surfer for snes/nes? to see how difficult it was a long time ago. That game is just..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
I wanna play this game first lol, a guy has beaten that boss without dying once.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I've been thinking about getting an emulator and play it to see how difficult it really is. I would probably end up cheating by savestates though.
I dl'ed silver surfer for snes/nes? to see how difficult it was a long time ago. That game is just..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
I wanna play this game first lol, a guy has beaten that boss without dying once.
whilst its still impressive, its not that hard at all, its pattern memorization and manipulation at its finest, just like touhou.

also people have done contra 1 life, i got to the last stage i think without a continue? was solid dedication but that was also a lot of just memorization in the end

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
see ant, whatever you throw out, redact will counter with his OP'ness (yes that is intentional)

but yeah I agree, and to make it more relevant to you ant think of it this way, completing through the fire and the flames on GH isnt exactly hard, it just requires you to practice and memorize it, muscle memory isnt really that impressive at all, at least not to me.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Touhou.

+ points for mentioning Touhou.

Also I love that vid, but I saw it a while ago lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb5Ohbt1Sg wow touhou is insane! Never heard of the game be4 until now. Seems like the other game i linked. How come with these games, ur spaceship thing is much smaller than it actually looks. So many times u can see him hitting the things flying at him, but its as if his ship is like half of the size its actually showing.
your ship is only one pixel big. The sprite of the ship does not represent the hitbox. This is so they can make the shmup even more insane. Just because.

Top Bottom