• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes Lucario the most awesome pokemon?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I bet Blaziken can give Lucario a good 1vs.1 match but what will his moveset.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I bet Blaziken can give Lucario a good 1vs.1 match but what will his moveset.
Well, it depends on who's faster and stronger.
If Lucario can kill Blaziken with extremespeed, then its Lucario's
But because He's weak to fire, If Blaziken can pull off a strong fire attack, It could KO Lucario.

Its all up to Lucario really, and If the Blaziken has a fire move.
-t2

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I shall say it once again, second generation was best.

Typhlosion is god!

Lucario comes in a far second. I'm talking about light years away from first place.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Feh. I could make MY case for Dodrio with awesome fanart too, if not for the fact that I don't think any exists.
...SO, who wants to make one for me?

Question #2: How do you imagine Dodrio learns fly, anyway?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Feh. I could make MY case for Dodrio with awesome fanart too, if not for the fact that I don't think any exists.
...SO, who wants to make one for me?

Question #2: How do you imagine Dodrio learns fly, anyway?
It flaps two of its heads, really really fast.
-t2

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I like Torkoal. Simply because its a turtle.

And btw, the Lucario vs. Blaziken is a toss up, depending on what sets are being used. The less common Specs Set (and if modest is being used) will probably OHKO Blaziken even with a neutral nature. The Swords Dancer, on the other hand, will only have a good shot of OHKOing if Blaziken's nature is Hasty, otherwise it won't likely OHKO.

On the flip side, Blaziken has three sets that are used about equally as nobody uses Blaziken. Choice Scarf, Life Orb, and Baton Passer. Really, Lucario will only win if they're using the Life Orb set (as in, when Blaziken attacks, he's dead too as he'll always be left with 10% left or less). Choice Scarf will outspeed and OHKO, provided he doesn't miss if he lacks Flamethrower and Baton Passer can survive (I use 252 HP/ 252 Spd/4sp.Atk) and OHKO back with Flamethrower. If the opponent is weird and uses Fire Blast instead, then Lucario still has a 15% chance of winning =D

But it really doesn't matter as Infernape does everything Blaziken do better aside from Baton Pass and Reversal, and Lucario beats it out in the reversal department.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
But what if Blaziken was in brawl instead of Lucario, how whould he fight and what will be his moveset.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I like Torkoal. Simply because its a turtle.

And btw, the Lucario vs. Blaziken is a toss up, depending on what sets are being used. The less common Specs Set (and if modest is being used) will probably OHKO Blaziken even with a neutral nature. The Swords Dancer, on the other hand, will only have a good shot of OHKOing if Blaziken's nature is Hasty, otherwise it won't likely OHKO.

On the flip side, Blaziken has three sets that are used about equally as nobody uses Blaziken. Choice Scarf, Life Orb, and Baton Passer. Really, Lucario will only win if they're using the Life Orb set (as in, when Blaziken attacks, he's dead too as he'll always be left with 10% left or less). Choice Scarf will outspeed and OHKO, provided he doesn't miss if he lacks Flamethrower and Baton Passer can survive (I use 252 HP/ 252 Spd/4sp.Atk) and OHKO back with Flamethrower. If the opponent is weird and uses Fire Blast instead, then Lucario still has a 15% chance of winning =D

But it really doesn't matter as Infernape does everything Blaziken do better aside from Baton Pass and Reversal, and Lucario beats it out in the reversal department.
What if Blaziken was in brawl instead of Lucario and what whould his moveset will be?

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
If they replaced Lucario with a pokemon such as Blaziken I would just cry right then and there.

And then I'd main whoever has the best matchup against Blaziken.

Timbers

check me out
That is so full of win. I love her art.
Agreed.

Also Blaziken would be an interesting choice of a smasher. He was one of my favorites from first and second gen, so I'd have no problems if he was in Brawl. If he REPLACED Lucario, then I'd have a fit, but he's still pretty cool. Likelyhood of him actually coming into SSB was always a slim to none chance, but it'd be cool to think about. I'm sure his moveset would be similiar to Charizards though. Or the mechanics. Somewhat slow, but packs a whallop. A Bowser/Charizard mix I guess.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Lucario fights kung-fu, he is crazy popular in Japan (as is jiggs, hence why she's still around even though half the world hate her), has starred his own movie, is among the strongest characters allowed in regular matches, gets stronger the more hurt he is, and is just freaking badass.
Done. If you see another pokemon who gets all of these then he's eligible to replace Lucario, but I highly doubt it right now.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you can jump and withstandthe pressure on your joints from landing, then you don't need wings to glide.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Even if the pokemon survived, wouldn't the g-forces kill the trainer on the landing? It would be like going from free fall to a total stop in five feet
Yet you don't question enslaving animals and stuffing them in little balls only to be released in usually non-lethal cockfights? Or the fact that they can teleport objects, have flying air fortresses, but almost no-one knows how to drive a car? Or that Team Rocket really has the budget to keep trying to catch Pikachu? Or how about...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yet you don't question enslaving animals and stuffing them in little balls only to be released in usually non-lethal cockfights? Or the fact that they can teleport objects, have flying air fortresses, but almost no-one knows how to drive a car? Or that Team Rocket really has the budget to keep trying to catch Pikachu? Or how about...
Point well taken.

Timbers

check me out
Lucario fights kung-fu, he is crazy popular in Japan (as is jiggs, hence why she's still around even though half the world hate her), has starred his own movie, is among the strongest characters allowed in regular matches, gets stronger the more hurt he is, and is just freaking badass.
Done. If you see another pokemon who gets all of these then he's eligible to replace Lucario, but I highly doubt it right now.
Does Lucario seriously get stronger in the games the more his health is depleted? Or is it only Smash exclusive?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Lucario can have Reversal, and occationally comes with a nature that increases speed with each flinch. Otherwise, no Lucario doesn't get any stronger by being damaged.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

...MEWTWO LEARNS COUNTER.

Machoke has reversal and GUTS.

And best of all? Blastoise has Torrent.

Top Bottom