• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes Lucario the most awesome pokemon?

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
I always thought he was a blue ninja coyote. Which I suppose isn't all that different from a blue ninja jackal.

He has the whole ninja turtle eye mask and everything!

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmm so Lucario is a blue ninja telepathic fire-weilding laser-firing jackal

why dont we just shorten it to 'Awesome' instead :p

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is Goku!
stop, I gave up all hope in DB after that idiotic GT phase.

Edit:
I like your signature Tallen :(
Why won't you put poor Xavvie in your signature?
uhh... 'cause thirty or so people tell me all the time and I sometimes miss one person or another?
seriously I wish people would PM me about it: it's freaking hard to search every little topic for people saying my sig is kyooot...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...Lucario isn't the most awesome Pokemon. Not by a longshot. I still miss Mewtwo, and Marowak should've totally taken his place. ;=;

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Do you know of any other Pokemon that have blue fire coming out of their hands?

You are all, however, still missing the awesome that is Dodrio.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Funny you should mention the blue fire, as it was added specifically for Brawl, and did not exist in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Why did Lucario warrent his own movie and the ability to talk over Marowak? When Slowking and Meowth talk its not really a big deal, but when Lucario does it he is famous for it, and for a while people thought all Lucarios could talk until the anime proved otherwise. After that, why does he even have the really cool Blue Flames that are specific to Brawl? What is it about lucario that makes him the most hyped pokemon since Pikachu?

Also - Tyranitar is the best. He has the sandstorm ability and benefits by being a rock type, and is still not an Uber. This alone gives him the power of Ubers without the drawback of being one. He also looks cool.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Why did Lucario warrent his own movie and the ability to talk over Marowak? When Slowking and Meowth talk its not really a big deal, but when Lucario does it he is famous for it, and for a while people thought all Lucarios could talk until the anime proved otherwise. After that, why does he even have the really cool Blue Flames that are specific to Brawl? What is it about lucario that makes him the most hyped pokemon since Pikachu?
He's an anthropomorphic blue jackal. What's not to like?

The kungu-fu, spikes, fire, talking are simply there to further the awesomeness!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Also - Tyranitar is the best. He has the sandstorm ability and benefits by being a rock type, and is still not an Uber. This alone gives him the power of Ubers without the drawback of being one. He also looks cool.
I second that. But Scizor is cooler.

Lucario is an ancient pokemon. And he has control over his aura. Other pokemon and people have aura, But Lucario can control it.
Its like throwing your soul at someone. What other pokemon can do this?

Plus, he's just bad ***.

You know what Lucario spells backwards?
awesome.

no other pokemons name spelt backwards spells awesome. Mabey snake and Cobra, but not awesome.
-t2

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucario has the voice of Goku, and his backward second jump is an awesome slow-mo backflip. thats why

XienZo

Smash Lord
Lucario can reversal T-Tar without dying. Thats obviously important enough to get him in Brawl.

The most awesome pokemon is obviously F.E.A.R.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucario is the one. He shapes the Matrix as he sees fit.
makes sense... Lucario doesnt care about real-world physical constraints that dont hold neo back. he has no need for oxygen in space to keep his fire burning, he doesnt require any physical location to store his Aura sphere, and he can turn invisible and teleport...

its all coming into place

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
(referring to the first post)

I think its simply because he's part of the new generation of pokemon at the time. Lucario happens to be one of the more interesting pokemon because he, like his rival Mewtwo, is humanoid. Sure you can give personality to an electric rat, but if it resembles an actual human then people can relate to him more...

Thats my two cents...nah just one cent...Actually nobody is paying me to do this s$#! so that ones for free.

Milln

Smash Champion
I heard Lucario doesn't even talk. It's more telepathy.

Also: Scyther is the most awesome pokemon. That isn't even up for debate.

tedward2000

Smash Champion

Also: Scyther is the most awesome pokemon. That isn't even up for debate.
And whats after Scyther, Scizor.
that makes Scizor even more awesome them Scyther.
-t2

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
*throws a pokeball as a Pikachu with an evil tattoo, many piercings, body jewelry and crazy psychotic contact lens comes out*

My evil pikachu shall destroy the *editinsertsomthinghereedit* that is Scyther =_=

Or perhaps you would like my... DITTO

OHHHHH.

In all truth, I would have to pick a fire-type pokemon... perhaps evil gothic Charmander with a black flame on his tail and spikes on his back? =_=

Gelsamel

Smash Cadet
What makes Lucario and awesome Pokemon?

He is an awesome combo of Fighting/Steel which gives a good set of resists. Not only THAT, but his MOVESET IS AWESOME, Aura Sphere + A Pulse or Two + MANY OTHER ATTACKS, his moveset can be setup to counter EVERYTHING.

That is why he is an awesome pokemon.

Milln

Smash Champion
BS. Scyther smacks the crap out of everyone.

Look at this! He's even useful!

Scyther is much too awesome for any of you to fathom. obviously.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Telepathy better than talking. Look at Mewtwo.

Tyrannitar is awesome. He is strong, has a great ability, is not a bug (sorry Scyther and Scizor) and trumps both Lugia and Ho-oh (with a little help from a sand-storm special defence boost) all while not being classified as an Uber. And once again - he just looks cool. Anyone know if his armor is hallow or not in those holes of his? I heard they were, but you need to look at exactly the right angle to see it. That would just make him even more bad ***.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im going to have to agree with the masses.
Tyrannitar and metagross a fricken sweet, also both favorites of mine.
so...
1.Scizor
2.Tyrannitar
3.Metagross

And the Lucario in Brawl is the same one from the movie, says smashwiki.

-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What is the deal with Scizor's popularity? I never really liked bug types, and scizor always looked like an unexplosive Forretress to me, so could someone explain what the big deal is?

P.S. - I know Scizor typings and how he can be used for both endure-reversal and baton pass - I even trained a scyther for the endure-reversal to evolve into scizor and go with Tyranitar, but I just never understood the big deal.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
There really is no big deal.
And Im the only one thats said Scizor as a favorite.

Just get past the bug part, Im not a fan of bug types either (except scizor). Its all about steel types. And scizor is the coolest looking of the steel, but its very close race.
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
There really is no big deal.
And Im the only one thats said Scizor as a favorite.

Just get past the bug part, Im not a fan of bug types either (except scizor). Its all about steel types. And scizor is the coolest looking of the steel, but its very close race.
-t2
Funny, I used to have a lot of steel types. Magnezone, Metagross, and Lucario are awesome. Unfortunately, a while ago I lost my old data and never quite finished Diamond and Pearl, so I doubt I'll be doing any showing off for at least a few days.

Right now, I have Gyarados, Blissey, and Bronzong currently in Diamond, with a few incredible non-legendaries that I have to finish Diamond to transfer.

Top Bottom