• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes Lucario the most awesome pokemon?

Mabo

Smash Rookie
I get where you guys are coming from, I just took "What is Lucario" to mean "what kind of animal is Lucario based off?" I didn't actually thought we were going into specifics, like abilities and origin. But I understand your need to explore that fully; it is, after all, prettty **** mysterious and awesome.

In response to some comments made...

One thing I will say for the forth generation of Pokemon - they overstuffed the pokemon. Garchomp could have looked so much less ugly if it was left as a land-shark dinosaur, but this final evolutionwas made to look like a plane as well
SO GOD**** TRUE. I really disliked alot of the fourth-gen pokemon. It was just Nintendo running out of ideas and I was very DISSAPOINTED. Anyway, First gen was the BOMB, Second Gen ROCKED. BUT, third gen was where it started REALLY going downhill.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Wow, Tallen, they did make a lot of ugly 3rd gen. pokemon. It doesn't seem like the "middle" evolution was ever quite right in any of the pokemon games, however, Hoenn had some perticularly interesting mid-forms. While I happen to like a good deal of the forth gen., I have to admit that as my anti-forth gen. friends say, a lot of the pokemon this time around just don't look that great. This is actually their primary concern, as battling is actually improved, and forth gen. pokemon are some of the best at it (evolving old favs. while making new off-shoots with a lot of ability). Here are some overstuffed forth gens. - Magnezone went from a triple-pokemon to a wierd U.F.O. combo-thingy (although I happen to like Magnezone, he was in my team for reflect/light screen support), Dusknoir - looks like a demongoast-cyclops-geanie with an antena for who-knows-what, Magmortar who combines mortar turrets (hence his large size) with the Magmar look, etc.

My real point, however, is that so many of the best pokemon in Damond/Pearl are done like this, that Lucario, the face of the forth-gen. probably falls into the overstuffed category while still being cool. Which means there is a lot to talk about concerning his origin.

Has anyone noticed that Lucario is kinda dressed in the same style as Sora? even his white Brawl costume in Brawl looks a lot like the Sora Final Form from Kingdom Hearts 2.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
the only tip off i need is lowest lvl in your team.
Mines 65.
-t2

Oh and 2nd gen was the best. Gold and Silver all the way.

they should create a pokemon game where they begin you in Kanto, and you battle your way through each region!!! (like ash only your much cooler) you can select from all the chars. that were in each version. OMG! im like getting jittery thinking about a game like that!!!

btw 5 out of 6 are 100, lowest is 20 cause he hasnt been trained yet.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
they should create a pokemon game where they begin you in Kanto, and you battle your way through each region!!! (like ash only your much cooler) you can select from all the chars. that were in each version. OMG! im like getting jittery thinking about a game like that!!!

btw 5 out of 6 are 100, lowest is 20 cause he hasnt been trained yet.
...Ok... My highest is lvl 96. But the rest are in their mid 70's thru low 80's.
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why does level matter? just use Wifi's level 100 all feature - it'll give you more opportunity to train multiple pokemon - This is from a trainer who stops caring once the EV's max out.

So, back on topic:
What was Lucario intended to be?
Egyptian Sora oricle jackal - feel free to correct/add

How has he evolved - movie - Alchemist/wizard mideval mystical creature

What is he now - bad*** swan style Kung fu-?????

Actually that brings up a good point. Nobody ever thinks of him as a blue dog. He's just too bad***, the kind of character who might beat you up for saying that. What is he thought of as now?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I wasted a bunch of time on secondaries.
But we can fight with the 100 cap on, to be fair.
-t2

dr00

Smash Apprentice
I get a feeling that when we're getting close to an agreement we fall back to the beginning...

I vote that Lucario can't be compared to anyone else. If you have the ability to sense the aura/chi/chakra/life force of other beings, able to fight and launch energy spheres from your hands and is capable of superhuman feats there is nothing you can be compared to except for yourself.
So Lucario is just Lucario. Learn to live with it.
i vote that this is all true, and that noone can definitively say anything more than speculation.
O rly?
Well then, I challenge you to a POKEMON BATTLE!!
lets see how well you do, one exception. No Legendarys.
PM me when your ready.
-t2
i'll take that challenge :p

dude...second gen was the pinnacle of pokemon games!!!!
trufax!
sora = good candidate for smash!

btw its funny lucario is my fav PkMn but i do not feature one in my actual party!
lol same here. well maybe not favourite, but high up there.
i don't use him though, cos he usually just goes down in one hit before he can do anything ;(
the only tip off i need is lowest lvl in your team.
Mines 65.
-t2

Oh and 2nd gen was the best. Gold and Silver all the way.
there's an auto-level system. you're talking about d/p right?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, D/P.
And i didn't know about the auto lvl.

@dr00
But I'll take you on too.
But same rules as all ways, NO legendarys.
-t2

dr00

Smash Apprentice
i use a few extra rules though.
sleep, set-damage, evasion clauses etc.
and no ubers. i could care less about legendaries, as long as they aren't ubers.

also i generally just play singles, but if you want doubles that's fine too.

OT: dr00
FC: 3394-0006-2102
is my code :)

and when you go into wifi, just set your battle to 50 or 100 single or double and everyone will auto-level.
if you do open it won't change the levels.

dr00

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber

though i guess it doesn't matter since they're all legendaries now anyway :p
d/p changed things up a bit: wobboffet and wynaut used to be in the uber tier but i guess it's changed with the new d/p metagame.

anyways. /rambling
i don't ever play with legendaries anyway, so that's not a problem for me.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Poof!
out of nowhere, mystery solved!
Back to Mystery Inc to catch the next monster!
-t2

Mabo

Smash Rookie
Well, SOMEONE recognised it. ANd If we're all pokemon inside, then we must be dittos. Taking the shape of humans.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I really think he's a referance to Anubis.

And Yeah, that makes him awesome for fighting Pit. Battle of the gods.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
I really think he's a referance to Anubis.

And Yeah, that makes him awesome for fighting Pit. Battle of the gods.
altough pit is really a messenger from the godess...
suddenly I remembered that OLD rare arcade game War Gods. Crap I really spent my money on it XD

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
My Lucario in Pearl has the exact same moveset as in Brawl. It's purpose : nothing. Anyways, Lucario's a magical jackal with aura powers. Yes.

Top Bottom