• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of player are you?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PK you're completely right. Kinda.

TBH i don't think any of these categories really exist until you create them in your head and place yourself in them, which was kinda the point of my earlier post.

If you view someone's style over multiple characters, you will see a pattern. All of mango's characters are highly aggressive and semi-flashy. All of M2K's characters are very defensive and spacing oriented. Every character can be played with any style, its up to the player to choose his own way of doing it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
PK has a point. My original intent was to find what kind of player you are in regards to character choices....I may have to broaden it eventually because there are other factors involved. So....If someone was to post other categories with multiple choices as far as play style and read style I could just add them in as well...who knows this may eventually be a sticky:chuckle:.

The Biggest weakness in Type C is obvious it's why I sucked for awhile. I was looking at the game the wrong way. I applied my IRL Deepness to it and now...reading people is something I can do easier now.

Good Example of what can happen with Type C vs Type A is SS vs Mango Falcon Dittos. SS is regarded as 1 of the best Falcon Main's ever probably 1,2, or 3. Depending on what region your from:laugh:. However Mango in match 3 and in match 5 look like he was the guy playing Falcon exclusively for years lol. Same happens when DJ can beat great players with low/Bottom Tiers. Same results happens when M2K's Defensively ***** people without getting hit. He can **** with Falcon, Peach, Marth, Sheik, Fox. I think I've even seen him **** with Gannon? Me on the other hand. I'm Mediocre with my Fox, Mario, Doc, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Falcon. I'm less than Mediocre with Falco, Gannon, Link, Jiggs, and Samus. However I've won alot of matches with people I'm less than Mediocre with simply by exploiting people fear or lack of knowledge in those matches. I mean most people look at ...say Mew2 and they are like...this guy sucks so..i'm not worried about him. So when they run into a great Mewtwo player they get ***** from mostly being unaware. Same goes with DJ's Bowser or Axe's Pichu...ect.

It takes alot more work to be good as a Type C by far so most give up on it. However players that are more Mentally mastered can do extremely well with it.

keeper

Smash Champion
You didn't put one up where it says "Pick a character that can camp then camp for 5 minutes, would normally go 8 except that when they get an opening they combo, and when they can't ztd they just camp after they get a kill for awhile."

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You didn't put one up where it says "Pick a character that can camp then camp for 5 minutes, would normally go 8 except that when they get an opening they combo, and when they can't ztd they just camp after they get a kill for awhile."
This so far is in relation to the player and Characters. I have yet to include play style. I may at some point.

john!

Smash Hero
None of those fit me. With me it's kinda like, I mentally go through a "playlist" of chars and decide which one I'm feeling at the moment, and depending on the situation.

Like I start with Peach usually
and if I don't feel like playing Peach I consider Puff
then Sheik
Falco
Fox
IC's
Marth
Pika (I've never gotten this far in tourney lol, except for low tiers)
G&W
whomeverthafukelse I feel like busting out. I'm good with most chars.

Just as long as I get the job done. :p

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I hope u know Samurai's out ranked Ninjas.
but idk what i am i havent played the game in so long theres lag on my HD tv and my friend lost my melee.

Atleast im a smash champion :cry: (dreams come smashing down)

Smash Master
I'm type C. I can play 10 chars decent, and I don't even know who I'm going to use in tournament until I play a few friendlies.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I see your vids every once in awhile. Your Falco is as good as your Pika so it's good. Hope you don't mine me using you as an example:chuckle:
not at all man! i feel kinda honored lol

(check out my combo video if you haven't already ^^)

so i've noticed that this thread pertains to the characters you use. i think you should create one about the type of STYLE you play too =)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
not at all man! i feel kinda honored lol

(check out my combo video if you haven't already ^^)

so i've noticed that this thread pertains to the characters you use. i think you should create one about the type of STYLE you play too =)
I already have your combo video in 2 different playlists LOL. Yea your Pika is one that I would not like to run into anytime soon. Unless your going to ROM2. I'll play you friendlies but if your in my singles pool....I hate you.:chuckle:

I will have to update and add other dimensions to this topic do to people who can't read misunderstand what I'm saying. I'll be honest with myself. I have thoughts like this floating around in my head for years. I just can never convince my fingers to right it all out.:laugh:

I'll add epic amounts of details to this like Style, Read-ability, and general mindset to this sometime in the next few days. Just to keep it interesting. For those reading fill free to shoot some ideas lol.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
B wishing I could be A

I used to be a Fox main with Marth as a secondary.

Now I'm a Marth main, but I don't have the balls (or matchup experience) to not bust out Fox against Sheik and maybe Falcon.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I'm A. I always specialize in a character / race / weapon or whatever in any game I play.

For example in Starcraft I NEVER offrace, I only play terran. Or when I play CS 1.6, I ONLY play AWP, cause I wanna be the best with it.

When I play smash it's STRICTLY sheik.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Type C right now. I don't really main anyone but my best character is Falco. I switch from C. Falc/Marth/Shiek/Falco and Mario. Depending on who I'm playing and who they usually play or who I feel like playing at the time. I also don't know tournament rules or anything so I guess if I had to choose I'd go Shiek if I have to choose a character first, because its safer.

TYPEC *end useless- no point rant*

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
my best chars in this order i think are..

fox
peach
sheik
falco
falcon
marth
samus
ganon
doc
mario
young link
game and watch
roy

but i play em all pretty well.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
It seems that like all good Falcons are type A

I guess if you're best with Falcon, why the hell would you ever want to use anyone else? Also, if you use anyone else, chances are, you'll anger the normally benevolent spirit of Douglas Jay, and horrible things will happen to you.

Exhibit A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkfBqaMF1aU

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It seems that like all good Falcons are type A

I guess if you're best with Falcon, why the hell would you ever want to use anyone else? Also, if you use anyone else, chances are, you'll anger the normally benevolent spirit of Douglas Jay, and horrible things will happen to you.

Exhibit A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkfBqaMF1aU
ROFLMAO!!!! Yea....that's why Type A's are better off sticking to their character. It's like a kid that's lived in a bubble leaving it for the first time. You could have a happy story or...you could die suddenly. :(

wool

Smash Ace
Well I am pretty sure the reason why Darkrain got dominated there was because Forward just ***** on that stage. Not because Darkrain's Fox sucks.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm pretty much type C. I just mindf*ck everyone I play against no matter which one of my mains or other characters I'm using. I'm tied with a couple people for each of my mains as the best in the world with the character, except Bowser. I'm clearly the best with him. So me, M2K, Cactuar and Mango are definitely a bag of tricksters lol.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
ithink im type c,i use lots people at the same lv,but my main is falcon,and i have a hard time warming up with him,so i use pretty much anyone else to warm up and then i cant stop using him(2 gud)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Uh wouldn't PC Chris be more of a Type C?
Nowadays. Even though I thought he retired. However the more famous PC the went blow for blow with Ken was more of a type B. He ***** with Falco/Fox and still does. I don't know who he plays now to be honest. Maybe he can answer. P.C Where you at?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I talked to him a couple days ago. He's fine and chillin'. He told me its not looking like he's going to Pound 4 because of the circumstances he's in right now. Don't worry though guys. I'm definitely gonna try and convince him to go. I live close to him too.

By the way, PC Chris is definitely a type C hands down. Trust me, I know lol. He uses all the high tiers in tournament, which are Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, and even Falcon.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I talked to him a couple days ago. He's fine and chillin'. He told me its not looking like he's going to Pound 4 because of the circumstances he's in right now. Don't worry though guys. I'm definitely gonna try and convince him to go. I live close to him too.

By the way, PC Chris is definitely a type C hands down. Trust me, I know lol. He uses all the high tiers in tournament, which are Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, and even Falcon.
oh good stuff. KDJ is definitely my secret lover. I always wanted to play his sheik. Then I could die in peace. LOL.

As for PC. I haven't seen his matches in years so...I had no idea lol.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
For the love of god can we please change the title to "What kinda player are you" or "What kind of player are you"

it's been bothering the living **** out of me.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I'm definetly Type A as I never use anyone other than Samus in tourney matches. In friendlies, I occasionally break out the Marth, but I commit to Samus completely in singles and doubles.

Top Bottom