• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Marth's best move??

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Fair is extremely fast, strong, ranged, and combo-able. Uptilt has almost as many uses, same with Dancing Blade, but Marth's fair is incredible. Doesn't mean you should spam it, though.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Marth's Nair is better than his Fair by a long shot, it's a killer, two hits, does more damage, and owns all of the heavy characters! Next choice is definitely Dancing Blade because of all the damage you can rack up, combos, etc.

S1NN

Smash Rookie
So obviously the consensus is
F-Air>N-Air>Dancing blade>The rest of his moves!

~Dogma~

Smash Rookie
fair and dancing blade, they work so well together and rack up and easy 30% damage

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
correct me if I am wrong but I would think dolphin jump could work great where it could be used, it has no start-up lag which means you could use it where you are stuck in a combopit (don't say omg there is no combos in brawl, because you havent played/fought Falco for example), and I think it has a sweetspot where it sends opponents flying.

IDK

Smash Lord
uhhh... not that everyone all over everywhere who plays smash is always talking about marth's fair or anything...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Didn't Emblem Lord say Dancing Blade is the best move in the game? Since it belongs to Marth, by logical deduction, Dancing Blade must be Marth's best move.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
more specific whats marths best
Aerial: Fair
tilt: Utilt
Smash: FSmash
Throw: Fthrow
Special: Dancing blade
best Taunt: side

and did u seriously make a post like this in EVERY section. i know theres one in GaW and MK

legion598

Smash Ace
actually now that i think about it dolphin slash is second best to fair cuz it busts out of chain grabs, is the fastest killing move and allows u to snag a ledge for edge hogging much faster and is also used to punish edge gaurding very very very useful

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
more specific whats marths best
tilt: Utilt
Smash: FSmash
Special: Dancing blade
best Taunt: side
Here's my opinion:

Tilt: Dtilt
Smash: Fsmash
Special: Dancing Blade
Best Taunt: Down

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
This is a weird question considering that you need to mix up all his moves to be good with Marth. If I had to though, I would have to go with either dancing blade of fair. Then again, I love the dtilt since it gives you so many options after. Also the uair has like no lag to it when you land with it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I like the sound effects from Dolphin Slash. *shot*

Almost all of Marth's moves are good. To say one is better than the others gives oversight to the fact that no one move can win you the battle. Each one will have their place in the midst of battle.

In other news, Fair > Nair. This hasn't changed, fair's applications are farther reaching than those of Nair.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
I really like F tilt because it always hits and has nice range. It's not the best move however. I'd think since the Dancing blade is argued frequently to be the best move in the game, it's dancing blade. A lot of videos demonstrate so much use of DB and it gets off so much damage every match.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For me, it's DB, then fair, then nair, ftilt/utilt, Dolphin Slash, then Fsmash. Personally though, Marth is overall a beast.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
DB and F-air are his overall best moves.

Getting a killer counter out feels amazing as well, so that's one of his best moves for me at least.

Top Bottom