• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I want to get a new wii game. The three I am having a hard tiem from choosing are Okami, Mario Kart and Boom Blox. I probally want to play Boom Blox the most at the moment, but I really like unique art style in games and I want to support Okami. I have always loved mario kart games. I would normally buy the two of the games and rent a thrid but I am low on money and job hunting.
Get Mario Kart, tis an awesome game, you'll really like it.

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
I bought Mario kart this (soon to be last) Friday. I do definitely not regret it; it's an awesome party game. But due to the need of purchasing another wii remote it was quite expensive. If you can buy it, I highly suggest you do. Play it with friends for extrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra fun!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I advise anyone looking for an AWESOME Wii game to get Boom Blox. It is actually one of the few Wii titles I'd pay full price for.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hey guys im looking for a ds game and i cant choose between the world ends with you & advanced wars plz help.

Falcon...Puuunch!

Smash Cadet
Um, I'm thinking about getting Mario Kart Wii, but is it really all that great? I mean, I know its a good game but does it have a good single player experience? I have brawl for multiplayer and Zelda TP leaves something to be desired. So, can I play Mario Kart Wii with Single Player and still have a great time?

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
Um, I'm thinking about getting Mario Kart Wii, but is it really all that great? I mean, I know its a good game but does it have a good single player experience? I have brawl for multiplayer and Zelda TP leaves something to be desired. So, can I play Mario Kart Wii with Single Player and still have a great time?
The single player mostly leans towards supporting online. You check out world records on different tracks, gain ranks from single player grand prix which is shown online. It's much easier and much more fun doing time trials with online.

I did enjoy playing through 32 tracks in a row with my sister though. We had a blast :laugh:.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Not from experience, but just from what I heard...I would go with The World Ends With You.
thanks though i picked up this game 2 days ago. IMO i think this is the best ds game using the stylus so far very creative. though advance wars will most likly be my next ds game

workaholic26

Smash Rookie
heard of CRONOUS? ive been playing this for several months but didn't continue.. any suggestions and updates with this game?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Mario Kart Wii is excellent. Decent single player inspires you to get all unlockables, plus the multiplayer lets you play with your friends to have a really good time. Plus, wifi is a big bonus with playing up to 12 people. The game I play at the moment if not playing smash :)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Kind of an outdated game, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I recently decided to pick up Colosseum again and replay it, and while I find it fun, I'm kind of wishing I could go through something new. I really liked Colosseum, but I'm not sure if I should get XD or not. It's probably going to be impossible to find (Gamecube games are these days...it's so sad, because there are so many good titles for Gamecube), I recently spent a bit of money on a SNES and some games for it, and I'm really big on saving my money even when I have plenty to spare...so if I get it, I want to know for sure that it's worth it.

What I'd like most is a comparison to Colosseum, but any opinions on the game would be appreciated. I tried asking my friend, but his whole attitude was "Rent it", and wouldn't tell me anything other than "Pokemon are easier to purify". I could technically rent it, but I'd rather get an opinion and cut to the chase rather than spend time renting it.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Just one more question. PLEASE tell me that the online is less laggy than brawl, because if it isn't, I can't deal with it.
Mario kart is online much better than brawl. It may have slowed down a bit, but due the set up of the wi-fi it works quite well. They talk about it on SMYN 36 a little if you wanna check it out. It's got Gimpy, so it's worth listening to anyways.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Kind of an outdated game, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I recently decided to pick up Colosseum again and replay it, and while I find it fun, I'm kind of wishing I could go through something new. I really liked Colosseum, but I'm not sure if I should get XD or not. It's probably going to be impossible to find (Gamecube games are these days...it's so sad, because there are so many good titles for Gamecube), I recently spent a bit of money on a SNES and some games for it, and I'm really big on saving my money even when I have plenty to spare...so if I get it, I want to know for sure that it's worth it.

What I'd like most is a comparison to Colosseum, but any opinions on the game would be appreciated. I tried asking my friend, but his whole attitude was "Rent it", and wouldn't tell me anything other than "Pokemon are easier to purify". I could technically rent it, but I'd rather get an opinion and cut to the chase rather than spend time renting it.
Well if you don't mind collecting shadow pokemon then it's decent. There's a lot to do even when your done the game (like battle bingo, battle CD's , orre colusseum etc). The main idea of the story is that cipher has found a way to create shadow pokemon that are impossible to revert back to normal. They test it on Lugia and turn him into shadow lugia (code named XD001). SL (shadow lugia) ambuses a ship of pokemon and places it into the desert. The pokemon in the ship are then given out to ciper member's but as shadow pokemon. It's your job , paired up with your eevee, to stop cipher from using there ultimate shadow device bofore more pokemon are turned into pokemon like SL. Team snagem in this game has been turned small group as opposed to before. There power has dwindled after the course of the game colluseum.

The story's pretty good but the fact that you can only catch shadow pokemon, pokespot pokemon (I will talk about that later) and traded pokemon is a bit of a let down. Some of the shadow pokemon arent as cool as before though there still are a lot of cool ones though (and stranglely the give an elekid and an electubuzz, plus the 2nd evolution of the Jhoto starters arent avalible instead its the 1st form but you have to go through all of MT. Battle without switching pokemon to get them) and almost 100 pokemon obtainable.

If you DONT have a GC/GBA cable then the games nowhere near as great. importing/battling is half of what I liked about the game. Plus training in the game is really annoying as there isnt anywhere to battle other then story based areas, some colluseums/fighting areas and MT.battle. So having already trained pokemon to tackle Mt. Battle is a great blessing.

There are actually wild pokemon BUT they only come out at certain pokespots where you have to leave food (the more food the higher the chances) and then after leaving the spot and walking for a while your radar will alert you that there's a pokemon there (can be a hassle when your doing something story based and are in a building or something as all your food goes to waste). Plus there isn't much veriety (only like 6 pokemon at each of the 3 spots).

Overall : 8 or 8.5 out of 10

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well if you don't mind collecting shadow pokemon then it's decent. There's a lot to do even when your done the game (like battle bingo, battle CD's , orre colusseum etc). The main idea of the story is that cipher has found a way to create shadow pokemon that are impossible to revert back to normal. They test it on Lugia and turn him into shadow lugia (code named XD001). SL (shadow lugia) ambuses a ship of pokemon and places it into the desert. The pokemon in the ship are then given out to ciper member's but as shadow pokemon. It's your job , paired up with your eevee, to stop cipher from using there ultimate shadow device bofore more pokemon are turned into pokemon like SL. Team snagem in this game has been turned small group as opposed to before. There power has dwindled after the course of the game colluseum.

The story's pretty good but the fact that you can only catch shadow pokemon, pokespot pokemon (I will talk about that later) and traded pokemon is a bit of a let down. Some of the shadow pokemon arent as cool as before though there still are a lot of cool ones though (and stranglely the give an elekid and an electubuzz, plus the 2nd evolution of the Jhoto starters arent avalible instead its the 1st form but you have to go through all of MT. Battle without switching pokemon to get them) and almost 100 pokemon obtainable.

If you DONT have a GC/GBA cable then the games nowhere near as great. importing/battling is half of what I liked about the game. Plus training in the game is really annoying as there isnt anywhere to battle other then story based areas, some colluseums/fighting areas and MT.battle. So having already trained pokemon to tackle Mt. Battle is a great blessing.

There are actually wild pokemon BUT they only come out at certain pokespots where you have to leave food (the more food the higher the chances) and then after leaving the spot and walking for a while your radar will alert you that there's a pokemon there (can be a hassle when your doing something story based and are in a building or something as all your food goes to waste). Plus there isn't much veriety (only like 6 pokemon at each of the 3 spots).

Overall : 8 or 8.5 out of 10
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I'd probably want to get it.

One final question though; can you import Pokemon from GBA games at any point in time, or is it like Colosseum where you have to beat the story mode first?

Thanks again. :)

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Ok, so i recently downloaded Resident Evil 4 for pc (boo me for being foul) and im happy with the game except for the fact that it doesnt support the mouse. ive downloaded a mod for the mouse to work in game but the sensitivity is disgusting. then i found out that RE4 was on the wii and ive heard very good things about how fun it is to use the wiimote and all that stuff.
do you think it would be worth it for me to get RE4 for wii or just stick with the shoddy pc controls?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I'd probably want to get it.

One final question though; can you import Pokemon from GBA games at any point in time, or is it like Colosseum where you have to beat the story mode first?

Thanks again. :)
You can only import after beating the story mode.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ok, so i recently downloaded Resident Evil 4 for pc (boo me for being foul) and im happy with the game except for the fact that it doesnt support the mouse. ive downloaded a mod for the mouse to work in game but the sensitivity is disgusting. then i found out that RE4 was on the wii and ive heard very good things about how fun it is to use the wiimote and all that stuff.
do you think it would be worth it for me to get RE4 for wii or just stick with the shoddy pc controls?
I think the game's best showing was on GameCube, but that's just me. Stay away from the PS2 version, because the sound sucks and there's no more watermelon heads.

Other than my personal dislike of them (which I'm sure is a matter of the utmost consequence to yourself), the Wii controls are fine, and you get all the extra PS2 content to boot, so I say go with it. Especially since the game's budget priced.

...Well, unless the PC version has Separate Ways and the bonus weapons in it (PRL, Crossbow, etc.)...in which case it's a toss-up--I'd still recommend buying it on Wii, because such an amazing game really deserves to be played comfortably.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'd recommend either the GameCube or the Wii showing, yes.

If you really want the Wii controls and the added content, then go for it. I personally liked the 'cube controls myself, but...eh.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I can only get one.

Worms
LOZ TP
Mario Kart Wii
Okami
Definitely not Worms. If you're hooked up to Wi-Fi, I'd say go for Mario Kart for it's fun online. If you're not, then just know that Twilight Princess is one of the few games worth getting for the Wii, though I haven't played Okami.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
METAL GEAR SOLID 4.

Where do I start?
I've been playing for about 45 minutes or so (went to the midnight release), and from what I can tell you without spoilers, it's AMAZING. First off, you get amazing cinematics as well as graphics; there is no difference in graphics between cutscenes and gameplay (yes, it's THAT good). The detail of war is really illustrated within the game, from explosions, to people getting shot, others helping other people, everything.

The HUD is better than before, and all weapons are customizable; if you were ever unsure about buying a PS3, now would be the time. This game is absolutely AMAZING; so far the best of any Metal Gear game I've played.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
So, I'd like to ask a question. My boyfriend is eager to play new games, but I don't know how I could help him out, since he wants specific games. So, here are the details:
Has to be: PC games
Genre: Stealth (like MGS for example)
Should run on Windows XP (no Vista only games...IF they even exist, I wouldn't know xD)
Anyone have any ideas what I should get him?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
So, I'd like to ask a question. My boyfriend is eager to play new games, but I don't know how I could help him out, since he wants specific games. So, here are the details:
Should run on Windows XP (no Vista only games...IF they even exist, I wouldn't know xD)
I hihly, highly recommend the Thief games. Especially the third one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief_(computer_game)

The only other stealth games I can think of on PC are the Splinter Cell games, which...are okay. But not as good as Thief.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I just gotta say that as long as you're an actual girl, and not gay guy; You officially rock!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Crystallion said:
Anything else?
Thief.

But seriously...uhm...No One Lives Forever and it's sequel have stealth sections in them, though they're not the best (those sections, not the games, which are awesome). The Hitman series is technically "stealth action", I guess, though I'm not a fan...

Two other "how-did-I-forget-that" games are Deus Ex and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. The latter is highly, highly recommended. Probably moreso than Thief.

So there you have it: Thief, Riddick, and Deus Ex. You'll never need another stealth game!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
hey, just got PS3 need suggestions for games plz (besides Call of Duty 4)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Eye of Judgement.

Or if shooters are more to your tastes, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet & Clank Future, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune should be right up your figurative alley.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^

GTA, unless you've never played Half-Life 2. Portal's awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's not alot of bang for your buck.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Picking up an 80GB MotorStorm bundle today with a second DualShock and MGS4. Looking for a third game but can't decide between UT3, GTAIV, and The Orange Box. I'd buy all three but I'm saving for SC4 and LittleBigPlanet. Ideas?
If you don't want it on PC, Orange Box hands down. Team Fortress 2 + Portal alone is worth it. And you get HL2, HL2: Ep1, and HL2: Ep 2. GTAIV I'm going through now on 360 and it's pretty fun, but Orange Box is too amazing to pass up.

MasterArt

Smash Rookie
Well I have a wii. I like to play any kind of game that tries something new and succeeds very well. Now people told me that Zack and Wiki plus Boom Blox are very good games. I'm not exactly a man of money so I was wondering, do you guys think I should buy those games. If so, do you think they're worth buying at they're current prices.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well I have a wii. I like to play any kind of game that tries something new and succeeds very well. Now people told me that Zack and Wiki plus Boom Blox are very good games. I'm not exactly a man of money so I was wondering, do you guys think I should buy those games. If so, do you think they're worth buying at they're current prices.
Zack and Wiki I would not recommend at all. Unless you enjoy being frustrated.

I'd wait for Boom Blox to dip before buying it--and you should, because it's an amazingly fun game, especially in multiplayer (it's beaten out Smash Bros. in my circle two weekends in a row now!). Sales aren't so good right now, so if you wait a few months, you should be good to go.

In the meantime, Battalion Wars II and Nights: Journey of Dreams are pretty cheap on Amazon right now...:p

Top Bottom