• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Here's the thing: I have money to buy 3 games. Brawl and Galaxy have 2 spots. I have to decide which game I'm goin to buy with the rest of the game money. I'm interested in Batallion Wars 2 but IDK if you guys know a better option.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm probably going to get Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The question is, for which system?
I have so few Wii games I feel like I'm playing an 250$ Motion Sensing Game Emulator, so I want a new Wii game while I desperately wait for Brawl to come, and I love the Budokai Tenkaichi series, so i've been thinking abuot Wii.

On the other hand, I've never played for the Wii, and the good old fashioned Playstation gameplay and controls are the some of the crown jewels of adaptability without much fuss (as much as I love it, it would take some getting used to for playing Wii with a game I've always played in a contemporary light), and always have been. On another plus side, the game is Fourteen Dollars Cheaper for PS2, which means more money for Brawl and for Galaxy if I come to my senses and decide to get it.

On the other other hand (which is the first hand to begin with), with the Wii I get online play, although the motion sensing blasting and stuff has apparently been taken out (Which means I can't do the Dragonball Z Legends Cell KA-MEE-HA-MEE...........HAA, inside joke, sorry), but it'll still be pretty cool.

On the completely seperate other hand, either would be great, given that the characters (Nail B*&#*) and how they made them unique (the transition from BT1 to BT2 was great, now for one more step), while not ruining the old characers is what I'm truly looking for...

Any suggestions?

greenblob

Smash Lord
I recently got a Wii (FINALLY!) and now all I need is a game that'll keep me busy until Brawl. My finances are somewhat limited at this point, so I can only get one game until around December, when I'll hopefully have a steady job again.

I was going to get Galaxy, but now I'm having second thoughts. Corruption, RE4 (I haven't played this yet!), Mario Strikers Charged and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 all look very appealing.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
I recently got a Wii (FINALLY!) and now all I need is a game that'll keep me busy until Brawl. My finances are somewhat limited at this point, so I can only get one game until around December, when I'll hopefully have a steady job again.

I was going to get Galaxy, but now I'm having second thoughts. Corruption, RE4 (I haven't played this yet!), Mario Strikers Charged and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 all look very appealing.
your pritrities should look like this

Galaxy (going to be excellent)
RE4 (one of my top 15 favs, its should be tied in priority with galaxy)
Corruption
Strikers (strikers and corrutpion are tied on my list)
MoHH2

.... i would get RE4 for the gamcube if i were you because you can get it for like 20 bucks and the only difference between it and the wii version is that the wii version has the ps2 bonuses which arent very important.

@Y34HDUD3!!!

get the new trauma center when it comes out! In my opinion the BW games werent all that great and i played through the first one.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If you have a PC, get Orange Box. Seriously, this is the best money I've spent in a while.

Volrec

Smash Lord

your appealing list is perfect

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Should I get the game Super Mario Galaxy? From what I've heard, its only 15 hours long, and I could beat that in a rental. Is there a lot of replay value in it or like is it one of those games where there is nothing to do after you beat it once? Or should I get the Fire Emblem game, which I have a feeling that I will like because I liked the Gamecube one.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Although I'm not asking about a GAME, I was told to post in this thread...

Is buying an Xbox 360 + Xbox 360 Live worth it?

Diddy the Donkey

Smash Rookie
I have a DS and I'm looking for some multiplayer action with my brother. Does anyone know a good download-play game? (I already have Mario Kart) We are a little cheap so we only want to buy one cartridge :p

Radamanthus

Smash Apprentice
guess this was posted after i posted a thread about deciding between two games, so i guess i'm off the hook. so...

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, or Mario Strikers Charged?

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
i've heard mixed reviews about Mario and Sonic at the olympic games so i'm not sure about that. but i have played strikers charged and it is a good deal of fun for a while until you beat it. and unless you have online or friends coming over constantly you won't play it that much.

so yea i say mario galaxy...oh that wasn't an option? should be

chAvo

Smash Cadet
As time goes by in the eternal wait 4 brawl, and my 360 collecting dust after finishing halo 3, i find myself trying to decide between these 2 games(assassin's creed & COD4), while expecting AC for a while, various reviews seem to agree that it's not all that ubisoft promised it would. But i also have the fear that COD4 will run the same fate as halo 3 (which is me getting sick of it rather fast). So i was hoping someone here would guide me a bit, in which would be the best purchase in the long, long, long wait 4 brawl.

kirbyspeople

Smash Cadet
for multiplayer with people who do not normally play videogames, which one is better to get? Super Monkey Balls: Banana Blitz or Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (for Wii). Thank you.
BTW i already have Super Monkey Balls 1 and 2. So i don't want to get another Super MOnkey Balls if it isn't that different.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever played Skies of Arcadia? Don't miss out, trust me, you will love it.
Wind Wake is absolutely brilliant, you don't need me to tell you about TP, and OH, of course if you are over 15 years old, you basically own it for yourself to play RE4, like NOW. That's pretty much the games that you need to experience.

Finally, if Shinning Force II arrives on the VC, you know what to do.

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, it's hard to keep track with this thread. Maybe if you edited the first post containing (Questions) and (Answers) so we would instantly resolve problems quicker...

Highly recommended if you are indeed getting an 360 as it supports the online functionality and is one of the best features about the 360.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
for multiplayer with people who do not normally play videogames, which one is better to get? Super Monkey Balls: Banana Blitz or Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (for Wii). Thank you.
BTW i already have Super Monkey Balls 1 and 2. So i don't want to get another Super MOnkey Balls if it isn't that different.
I recommend Wario Ware, although I havn't played the Wii Monkey Ball and am only comparing to the GCN edition.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Have you ever played Skies of Arcadia? Don't miss out, trust me, you will love it.
Wind Wake is absolutely brilliant, you don't need me to tell you about TP, and OH, of course if you are over 15 years old, you basically own it for yourself to play RE4, like NOW. That's pretty much the games that you need to experience.

Finally, if Shinning Force II arrives on the VC, you know what to do.
I had to comment on this when I saw the game. Skies of Arcadia is amazintg. I highly recomend the game, but good luck finding it. I was so happy they brought this to the GCN so we all could enjoy it. More people should have bought the game. Go buy it now!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Battalion Wars 2.

As a follow-up, can someone kind of describe the gameplay that Battalion Wars has? I've heard it's described as a mix between a RTS and a 3rd Person shooter/adventure game. Is this true?

kirbyspeople

Smash Cadet
I have another question thank you. For those who have played both Rayman: Raving Rabbids 1 and Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2, which one is more entertaining for multiplayer? are there any really good minigames from either that should push someone to buy both?

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
ok so i have only bought strikers and it gets pretty boring after beating it and online isnt that great either unless ur playing a 2v2 match with a friend. It's like mario kart where its gets really fun with multiple people after beating the single player stuff.

Back to the question...
I have enough money to get another game before brawl gets out and im thinking of getting either

metroid prime 3 (8.5/10 - about 20 hrs long)
twilight princess (8.9/10 - 35-40 hours long)
mario galaxy (9.5/10 - 10-20 hours long)
( gamestop reviews)

Any suggestions?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ok so i have only bought strikers and it gets pretty boring after beating it and online isnt that great either unless ur playing a 2v2 match with a friend. It's like mario kart where its gets really fun with multiple people after beating the single player stuff.

Back to the question...
I have enough money to get another game before brawl gets out and im thinking of getting either

metroid prime 3 (8.5/10 - about 20 hrs long)
twilight princess (8.9/10 - 35-40 hours long)
mario galaxy (9.5/10 - 10-20 hours long)
( gamestop reviews)

Any suggestions?
**** man, what games have you been getting for the Wii? Flip a coin between Galaxy and TP.

Smooth Moves, easily. It's not really a game you sit down with the intention of beating, it's a lot more fun to play every once in a while. This is just an awesome game to have when you're done with the onslaught of 1-player games that the Wii offers. It's only worth it if you have friends/siblings nearby though, as the friend who's house I play this at only bought this game because he has a lot of people over often.

YES, this is the only console I have(though I have access to the other 2), and since owning it, the only console I have even glanced at is the Wii, and even that is only because of Mario Kart and Brawl. It's got great shooting games, racing games, single-player adventure games, and even classic arcade games that have been revamped for online play. You really can't go wrong with it.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
mod told me to ask this in here.

should i get a 360 or do any of you guys know of a new microsoft system coming out within the next 3 years? I can wait that long, I have a Wii

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Microsoft is anticipating a 7 year life for the 360, so there's still at least 5 more years until the next Xbox.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Hey Cashed (or anybody else), do you have any recommendations for XBox Live Arcade games?

I've picked up Bomberman: Live, Worms, and Wik and the Fable of Souls, but I'm really not sure what else I should buy (if anything).

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, I could recommend you a few of the Arcade games to download, but make sure you download the demos first. Better to test the game out for free than waste $5-$10.

My favorite Arcade titles (sans Worms because you already have it):

Lumines Live (now $10 instead of $15, lots of expansions for it too)
Geometry Wars ($5)
Space Giraffe ($5, you'll either love it or hate it. I had absolutely no idea what was going on until I read the "How to Play" section in the Options menu)
Pac-Man Championship Edition ($10)
Carcassone ($10)

Boom Boom Rocket and Zuma are both worth checking out, too. Both run for $10.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
For games that really lose popularity they shut down the servers so they aren't wasting money. You shouldn't have to worry about it with MOHH2 for at least a year.

COD3PWNER

Smash Cadet
Is there any good Wii game that is coming out or is already out that anyone would recommend?

Games I Have for Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero 3
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokemon Battle Rev. (Ugh I hate this game)
Harry Potter and the OOTP (hate this game too)
Wii Sports
Legend of Zelda: TP

yea soooo....any suggestions?

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
Is there any good Wii game that is coming out or is already out that anyone would recommend?

Games I Have for Wii:

Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero 3
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokemon Battle Rev. (Ugh I hate this game)
Harry Potter and the OOTP (hate this game too)
Wii Sports
Legend of Zelda: TP

yea soooo....any suggestions?

You should have WarioWare in ur arsenal. That game is just always a ton of fun with friends.

COD3PWNER

Smash Cadet
k thanks. I have limited money till' christmas but i'll try my best

Im gettin Rock Band for 360 and hopefully COD4 so I cant wait for that

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Alright, here's the story. I'm a fan of Armored Core (though, I've only played 2 - Silent Line) and 'figgered (yes, that's how I spell it) I'd see what new Armored Cores were out. Searched Amazon.com, and found Nexus for $89.99 (or $79.99?) new. Used for about $39.99. Is the game really worth THAT much? Or, is Last Raven a better recommendation?
Thanks ahead of time.

^As for Zack & Wiki, I've never played it, but have seen videos of it. Looks like it could be similar to Zelda. Looks like something I'll purchase in the near future.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone here played Mother 3? I've been thinking about getting it because there is no region protection on the GBA. I have 50 bucks, and there's one on ebay for 40 bucks. If I don't get it now I can wait until my Birthday in June. Is it worth it? Thanks.

Top Bottom