• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Anybody have any opinions on Final Fantasy XI? My friends keep bugging me to get into it, but im wondering if its worth the money.
Meh. I got it. Played for about a month then dropped it. Then picked it up for a month 7 months later and dropped it again. Overall I think WoW would be a better MMO choice. I've never played WoW but I watched my friend play it and I'm upgrading my computer just for it.

Are you talking 360, PS2, or Computer? It's HORRID if you don't have a keyboard for 360. Haven't played the other two.

Ask them to start a character. Don't just decide though. Play for a month and a half to two months before making a decision.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Well, I'm not normally one to bump up a topic, but as you all should know, Christmas is approaching and I'm in need of a "WIsh-List" as they used to call it for my parents and relatives as thye keep nagging me on it. I'm still thinking on what DS games I should get. I've figured out what I'm going to do for Wii/Gamecube games and such, but the only game I forsure want for the DS right now is MP Hunters and of course the Wi-Fi connection. And since we're on the subject of DS's, are there any accessories I should get?

Khanczar

Smash Ace
DS- If youre into strategy/medieval stuff get age of empires age of kings. Its kinda glitchy in some parts, but overall a deep and awesome multiplayer game.

METEOS ZOAMG. No one bought that awesome-A game, for some reason or another... BUY it. if you dont, i wil come to your house in the middle of the night and put your hand in a bowl of warm water.

Also...brain age is k00l too.

Marth230

Smash Cadet
I've got two questions. One in regaurds to the DS, and one about the Wii.

DS:

I've only got two games in mind so far for the DS.. Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS. Other than that, I don't know what else to get. I'd like to stick to Nintendo title games for the DS mostly, but if any games really stand out that would help.

Wii:

I've purchased my Wii along with Zelda, and am now looking for a good Multiplayer game. Any reviews on how Red Steel and Excite Truck are? Any help would be good.

Also, I have 2000 Virtual points. What should I do with those?
From whats been said, red steel isnt as good as everyone thought it would be. But they say its average, and some people love it. I myself am going to pick it up :).

F8X

Smash Ace
Alas, It appears that I will pick up a 360 this Christmas
I did not have the original xbox so any ideas?
I'm going to get...
GeOW
Rainbow 6
Oblivion
and CoD3
any other ideas?

(note.. I was thinking of waiting for halo 2 for pc.. not sure though)

Also I like pretty much like all game types except for fighting games( ironic... much)
I won't buy them all now, just an Ideaof what to get?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
To F8X:You obviously like shooters so I suggest picking up Ghost Recon. I also like PGR3 and The Outfit because of their online modes(though the games you listed are probably better than both of them).

Oh yeah, Splinter Cell is fun too.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Also, I have 2000 Virtual points. What should I do with those?
Super Mario 64 if you don't have it. I would wait until Nintendo starts releasing game every Monday so you could have a large selection. The ones that I have noted for myself to get in the future are:

NES:
Ice Hockey
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
F-Zero
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Metroid

N64:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64

Marth230

Smash Cadet
I cant decide

Can anyone help me out? Im trying to decide what game I should get for the wii when I get my money for yard work. I already have rayman RR, so I dont really need wario ware. I was thinking zelda, or even wiiplay for the remote. Sonic and the secret rings is coming out soon too. Can anyone help me decide ><!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Zelda, it'll last you a long time unlike the other ones you suggested(or almost any other Wii game out right now)

Sensai

Smash Master
Definitely get Zelda. It'll take you the longest, so by the time you finish, you'll probably be able to afford another game.

Red Steel if you're into the FPS genre. Don't listen to what everyone tells you: it's not terrible. No, it's not perfect, but it's definitely not a 6.0 like IGN gave it. Probably a 7.8, IMO.

Sonic was given a 6.9 by IGN, being heralded as the best 3D Sonic game of all time. So, if you're into Sonic and have liked pretty much any 3D Sonic game, you might wanna try that.

Elebits is a fun little title. Quirky, imaginative, odd. I enjoy it.

Super Monkey Ball if you liked either of the first two. I've got this one too, and it's great.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, I have this friend who complained because zelda took her about a week to beat, and all the puzzles that were in the game didn't take a long time to complete (I think the wording is about 2 min). But I don't know how good she is, or how good the game is, so I can't really comment well on the subject.

Smash Master
I didn't read all the posts, so if this has been answered already, then my bad. I have a Gamecube and a PS2. I need to find an enjoyable, non-shooter genre, game which is enjoyable for four players, offline. I don't have anything except the consoles, controllers, and memory card, so Crystal Chronicles, etc... is a no go. (Besides Super Smash Bros. Melee, obv.)

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
I didn't read all the posts, so if this has been answered already, then my bad. I have a Gamecube and a PS2. I need to find an enjoyable, non-shooter genre, game which is enjoyable for four players, offline. I don't have anything except the consoles, controllers, and memory card, so Crystal Chronicles, etc... is a no go. (Besides Super Smash Bros. Melee, obv.)
well you could get tales of the abyss for the PS2 its for 4 player co-op or for the gamecube you could get mario kart double dash.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I wouldn't recommend tales of the abyss for multi-player, I haven't played it, but Tales of Symphonia is amazing, but the multi-player isn't so good.
just my 2 cents...

Smash Master
Well, my friends and I have exhausted Double Dash, but thanks for the help.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about getting a DS, but I can really afford one game (rest goes into Wii and related items). This game has to last me a long time (probably 3-4 months or so).

I've read several reviews and I still can't make up my mind. I'm leaning more towards an online game (for obvious reasons), but it doesn't matter really as long as it lasts me a while. Oh, and none of my friends have a DS, so, yeah.

One last thing: I'm not too into racing games. I've played every single Mario Kart and most of the Grand Turismos, but I dunno... never really enjoyed any of them too much. And from my experiences with GTA, I'm not exactly an open-ended game fan. I'm someone who, after beating the Elite 4 in Pokemon, would go on Netbattle rather than get my team to level 100 or find a really rare Pokemon.

yggrasil

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about getting a DS, but I can really afford one game (rest goes into Wii and related items). This game has to last me a long time (probably 3-4 months or so).

I've read several reviews and I still can't make up my mind. I'm leaning more towards an online game (for obvious reasons), but it doesn't matter really as long as it lasts me a while. Oh, and none of my friends have a DS, so, yeah.

One last thing: I'm not too into racing games. I've played every single Mario Kart and most of the Grand Turismos, but I dunno... never really enjoyed any of them too much. And from my experiences with GTA, I'm not exactly an open-ended game fan. I'm someone who, after beating the Elite 4 in Pokemon, would go on Netbattle rather than get my team to level 100 or find a really rare Pokemon.
If you want an online game more, you should probably wait for Pokemon D/P. I hear Custom Robo Arena is a good Wifi game too. Otherwise, Phoenix Wright 1&2 are pretty good, but don't have much replay value, Elite Beat Agents and Lunar Knights are supposed to be pretty good too.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
I need a half-decent RPG for the DS, my current DS games FFIII, Feel The Magic (don't like it much), and Metroid Prime Hunters, but I left it at my friends when I moved, he should be mailing it back though >_<. I don't like overly open ended RPGs, which is why I play handheld ones. It may help for you to know I loved Golden Sun 1 & 2 and Fire Emblem, and TLoZ handheld games. I also have FFV for GBA.

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854

Okay Pokemon is a great game so that might be high on your list

BUT if in any way shape or form you can, you MUST get elite beat agents, OSU! TATAKE! OUENDAN! and OUENDAN2! those games aren't exactly long but due to difficulty and immense amount of fun you will play them for a looooooong time. don't be scared to import, the games are well worth it. OSU!!!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've been looking at getting a few ew DS games, asside from Mario, Elite beat, Quendan, Pokemon and the Wrights, anything good come to mind?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I just recently got Final Fantasy 3, and it's pretty awesome(but ****ing HARD on the first playthrough). It's got some replay value with all the different jobs and sidequests it offers.

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time isn't bad either, but it's really short compared to the above(about 20 hours at best).

Also, I've had Castlevania(both Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow) and they are both really sexy.

btw, anybody play Shadowrun for the 360?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have spare money to spend, should I get "The Darkness" or "Rainbow 6 Vegas" for PS3?

I COULD go rent either one, but both only have one copy left in the store. :(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I watched my friend play The Darkness on his X360. He beat it in one rental week, so I wouldn't reccomend buying it.

He also said it had a great story, but it wasn't so fun as a game. The only reason he played it through to the end was to hear how the story ended.

Rainbow 6 Vegas has an amazing multiplayer on the X360. I don't own an X360, but I've played Live at my friend's house a number of times. I've never played the main game.

I haven't heard anything about the PS3 version, since I've never been interested, but I wouldn't think it's much different.

On a completely different note...

E3 was sort of dull this year, but you can't deny that there are some awesome games coming out this winter. I only own a Wii, and I'm already planning to buy Guitar Hero III, SMG, and SSBB. And I'm not a heavy gamer. 3 games is a ton for me.

I'm thinking about going all out and buying a new game every month to ease my pain of SSBB coming at year's end. Guitar Hero III is coming out TBA Fall, SMG in November. Fill me in with games in between, other than MP:3.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hmm, I really don't want a short game. I know it's a hit on the PS3 so online will be very active. I'll rent them both before spending the money, I guess.

E3 pissed me off. I was pretty excited after watching the Sony press conference then I realized how much I will spend on the games I want. :(

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A lot of people complain about the Darkness's multiplayer, Eric, so be wary about that.. I dunno about on PS3, but on the 360 Vegas is like the third most active game online.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Other than brawl, what wii game should i get dats comin out? metroid 3, the new mario kart, or mario galaxy, i aready got zelda tho.
Let's see, aside from what you mentioned (all of those games are good bets), Trauma Center 2, Geometry Wars, and Godzilla should be enjoyable. Keep your eye on Mushroom Men, too; that game has the potential to rock.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
:dizzy:
Let's see, aside from what you mentioned (all of those games are good bets), Trauma Center 2, Geometry Wars, and Godzilla should be enjoyable. Keep your eye on Mushroom Men, too; that game has the potential to rock.
Yeah, i know about those games too, but i don't have nuff $ to get dem all, what is da best bet that u guys would give me. maybe soulcaliber ledgends? i dunno!

Wreked

Smash Lord
Can someone please help me. I'm stuck between two games. I can probaly only afford three games this year, and two of them will be Brawl and Guitar hero for sure. For third I can't decide between Galaxy and Metroid. I'm thinking of Galaxy because I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Get Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. Excellent Free-movement Turn-based Rpg. It's 4 years old, so it's cheap, you can usually pick up a copy used for 4.99, or new for 8ish. Storyline is good, but gameplay is twice as good. For the price you can't get wrong.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Can someone please help me. I'm stuck between two games. I can probaly only afford three games this year, and two of them will be Brawl and Guitar hero for sure. For third I can't decide between Galaxy and Metroid. I'm thinking of Galaxy because I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine.
I would actually have to say MP3. That is, if you're like me when it comes to video games, and you probably are since you're getting GH.:)

Anyways, I don't care what anybody says, Mario Galaxy is more of the same, and that's not okay for a platformer.

MP3 is more or less more of the same as well, but that's okay for a shooter, and the Wii is built perfectly for FPS's.

I think MP3 will be a longer, more epic experience than Galaxy, and I say you go with MP3.

Of course, if you can scrounge up the money for Galaxy too, get it. I'm sure it will great, I'm just anticipating MP3 MUCH more.

MP3 will most likely have online patches, as well.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright, I bought a PSP online so it should be coming in in about a week. I also got Infected on Ebay, bidding on WTF (for my girlfriend), LocoRoco, and Puzzle Challenge. She also direly wants Me and My Katamari (which works great because I have $20 free at Amazon and with shipping it's under 20 bucks.

What are some good games to get? Note: I am not a traditional RPG fan. I pretty much hate turn-based fighting, BUT if a game is deep enough, has enough customization, I'll consider it. So what are some ideas?

I have had my eye on Dungeon Maker because I love games that allow you to build stuff, but anyone try it?

Thanks for any advice.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Alright, I bought a PSP online so it should be coming in in about a week. I also got Infected on Ebay, bidding on WTF (for my girlfriend), LocoRoco, and Puzzle Challenge. She also direly wants Me and My Katamari (which works great because I have $20 free at Amazon and with shipping it's under 20 bucks.

What are some good games to get? Note: I am not a traditional RPG fan. I pretty much hate turn-based fighting, BUT if a game is deep enough, has enough customization, I'll consider it. So what are some ideas?

I have had my eye on Dungeon Maker because I love games that allow you to build stuff, but anyone try it?

Thanks for any advice.
The only games I have for the PSP are Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, GTA vice city stories, and socom us navy seals fireteam bravo 2.

Out of those my favorite is GTA. It's a classic GTA game. Daxter is ok. Really short though. Same goes for Ratchet and Clank, but that has some replay value. And socom, the online is a lot of fun, I haven't gotten very far in the campaign.

It really all depends on what type. If you want an all around good, GTA or Daxter. Online, socom.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I would actually have to say MP3. That is, if you're like me when it comes to video games, and you probably are since you're getting GH.:)

Anyways, I don't care what anybody says, Mario Galaxy is more of the same, and that's not okay for a platformer.

MP3 is more or less more of the same as well, but that's okay for a shooter, and the Wii is built perfectly for FPS's.

I think MP3 will be a longer, more epic experience than Galaxy, and I say you go with MP3.

Of course, if you can scrounge up the money for Galaxy too, get it. I'm sure it will great, I'm just anticipating MP3 MUCH more.

MP3 will most likely have online patches, as well.
Thanks. I think I may get MP this weekend. Guitar Hero comes out in like a month, looking forward. To that. And I think I may have enough money for metroid, galaxy, guitar hero, and of course brawl. Which seem to be the some of the biggest games of the year.

Nice sig btw.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, didn't notice I did it until after I posted this.

Top Bottom