• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Borderlands is excellent. It's great for single player and even better for co-op. Mix quest style gameplay with Diablo loot. I've probably put in more hours in this game recently than any other.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Bayonetta is the ****. Just finished it and was very pleased with the entire game. Check it out if ya got 60 bux.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Dirt 2 for 60$, SSFIV for 40$ (given that I already own SFIV), Burnout Paradise + SSFII HDR for 35$?

I have 30$ store credit at futureshop btw.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So, let me get this straight. You can buy a racing game for $60, a fighting game for $40 that is nearly identical to one you already own, or BOTH for $35?

I think your selection would be obvious! :bee:

Octave

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed Muramasa. It's also very pretty. :bee:
I have to agree, Muramasa was a pretty awesome game.

Now, I've got a kind of predicament. My friend has preordered Global Agenda on the premise that me and our other two friends would also get it. I played the Beta at his house and really enjoyed it, thinking I was going to get it. This, however, changed when I heard that there is a level cap of 30 if you don't pay for a subscription (since the p2p is optional) and that is really turning me off from it.

My question is this: Should I spend the $50 on GA or save up for a bit, buy myself a PS3 and get FF XIII, FF Versus XIII, and FF XVI?

Yeah, I'm looking for an MMO, but inb4 WoW cause I already quit.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
So, let me get this straight. You can buy a racing game for $60, a fighting game for $40 that is nearly identical to one you already own, or BOTH for $35?

I think your selection would be obvious! :bee:
The selection is obvious if I used variables you suggest. Witness.

Let x represent racing games.
Let y represent fighting games.

A17's previous post said:
x for $60
y for $40
x + y for $35
The problem is however, Dirt 2 =/= Burnout Paradise, in value or gameplay; Super Street Fighter IV =/= Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

I am still unsure how I should spend this $30 to be honest. Maybe I should steal some ps3 games, and then sell 'em all to future shop and then purchase a pair of Bose Around-Ear Headphones which I longed to own so long. Everyone at school's got a pair so I'm not too afraid that someone will steal it.[/joke]

Maybe i'll buy Mirror's Edge, and a $20 PSN card and purchase the DLC for ME, and alternate costumes for SF4 and a few avatars

@ above post. dont buy it if something really make you not like it.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Alright guys, here's one for you.

Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Borderlands

All look amazing, but I only really wanna buy one. I loved the first Bioshock, to say the least. I know there's a Multiplayer involved now too, but it may be bad. I've heard good things about ME2 also. I thought it might be something to look into. And Borderlands, I've seen a bunch of stuff about it having great Co-Op, and Multiplayer and whatnot..

Now, which one to choose? >_<

Adm. Melonhead

Smash Rookie
Several inches below the surface of your skull
I am getting a PS3 soon and i am differed on what should be my first game.

1. Soul Calibur 4
2. Little Big Planet

Other facts:

1. My friend REALLY REALLY REALLY wants me to get soul calibur so I can give sc2 to her >_>
2. Little Big Planet was the first reason I really wanted a PS3, and I youtube everything LBP to death.
3. I could just screw it and get the PSN remake of atari's "combat"

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Alright guys, here's one for you.

Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Borderlands

All look amazing, but I only really wanna buy one. I loved the first Bioshock, to say the least. I know there's a Multiplayer involved now too, but it may be bad. I've heard good things about ME2 also. I thought it might be something to look into. And Borderlands, I've seen a bunch of stuff about it having great Co-Op, and Multiplayer and whatnot..

Now, which one to choose? >_<
Mass Effect 2 looks freakin' amazing, I'd get that one if I were you

S

smash brawl player 99021

I checked out ME2, but I'm not much into 3rd Person Shooters :/

I'm getting Bioshock 2. Bioshock 1 made me a MAN.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you have a PS2, get Star Ocean. Very good rpg thats better than Xenosaga, I believe. Man, I got more than 80 hours from that and from xenosaga I only got 40!

Star Ocean is almost like Valkarie Profile 2, but not as advanced.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Is it worth getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii? I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. a fair amount.

I would like some opinions on it from the community. ^.^

-Terywj

day-day

Smash Ace
I heart ME2 is legit and one of the best games out so far but I haven't played any of them so can't judge which is better. I guess if you're going to play with friends go with borderlands, you want a story and a rpg get ME2, and uh..if you like batman get lego batman lol

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
PROBLEM.

I have $60.
What game to buy?

FFXIII
or
God Of War III?

I just want a fun game that I can play for a long time and not get bored.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
PROBLEM.

I have $60.
What game to buy?

FFXIII
or
God Of War III?

I just want a fun game that I can play for a long time and not get bored.
FFXIII so much better, it will also last longer
in god of war i get the feeling you just:
1)go somewere
2)see some big thing
3)tap some buttons
4)kill the big think
5)repeat steps 1-4

but then again if you dont like waiting ages at a time to see some amazing CG and you just want to play i'd go with GoWIII

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
FFXIII so much better, it will also last longer
in god of war i get the feeling you just:
1)go somewere
2)see some big thing
3)tap some buttons
4)kill the big think
5)repeat steps 1-4

but then again if you dont like waiting ages at a time to see some amazing CG and you just want to play i'd go with GoWIII
I'm a traditional FF fan. The less it is like the older ones, the less chances of me liking it.

God of War is just epic.

So if FFXIII isn't too different, I'll get that. If it is, well, I'll be killing Zeus. Either way, I'm getting a good game.

I'd like to hear some other opinions, though.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here play patapon 2? And dont start saying its a stupid game
or else you will die!

Is it worth getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii? I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. a fair amount.

-Terywj
I never played the wii version before, but if it is like the ds one, then it sucks. Its hell easy to beat the game. It took me one hour to get to bowser. Go play super mario world.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
it's like the DS one but with an ice suit and that helicopter suit and some stuff you need to do with tilting your remote. other wise it is pretty much the same.

anyway I got Burnout Paradise for $20 and I got the complete edition DLC for another $20.

the complete edition is taking all existing DLC packs and then bunching them together for $20. Normally all these packs would cost $67, so I saved $47, what a steal! just the money saved is enough to buy the game along with a $20 Network Card. Anyone want to play?!?!?!

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
If you have a PS2, get Star Ocean. Very good rpg thats better than Xenosaga, I believe. Man, I got more than 80 hours from that and from xenosaga I only got 40!

Star Ocean is almost like Valkarie Profile 2, but not as advanced.
star ocean 3? that was good, and so was VP2. I didn't like Xenosaga that much =\

^what's BFBC2?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

-Terywj

Get it. If you enjoyed NSMB, you'll definitely enjoy NSMBW. It's a lot better and is more like world/SMB3 then it is like the original NSMB. Its far more challenging and the stages are a lot more creative.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm a traditional FF fan. The less it is like the older ones, the less chances of me liking it.

God of War is just epic.

So if FFXIII isn't too different, I'll get that. If it is, well, I'll be killing Zeus. Either way, I'm getting a good game.

I'd like to hear some other opinions, though.
FFXIII looks amazing, the in game graphics are supposed to look like the pre-rendered cut scenes that look similar to advent children graphics. I hear the battle system is a mix of the old RPG style and the more western style.

Adm. Melonhead

Smash Rookie
Several inches below the surface of your skull
I'd say my vidya gaem interest are pretty well rounded.

Well I've seen gameplay for batman, and I know it has tons of awards, plus my dad wants to play it >.>

And I have the original final fantasy for the NES, and I liked it. My favorite RPG of all time was paper mario 64, so if it's as good as that then I'm in.

Top Bottom