• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

DUB

Smash Lord
I never played Assassin's Creed and I just borrowed it because I heard AC2 was amazing. How good is the original?

Scooach

Smash Cadet
I never played Assassin's Creed and I just borrowed it because I heard AC2 was amazing. How good is the original?
The original is very good. I enjoyed it thoroughly, tons of stuff to do and the kill scenes are pretty sweet.
____

I can't decide between AC2 or Left 4 Dead 2... They both cost so much so I can really only get one, any advice?

DUB

Smash Lord
The original is very good. I enjoyed it thoroughly, tons of stuff to do and the kill scenes are pretty sweet.
____

I can't decide between AC2 or Left 4 Dead 2... They both cost so much so I can really only get one, any advice?

After play through Creed for a little (5/9 targets killed) it seems a little repittive.

I would get L4D2.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Go with Left 4 Dead 2, it'll last you a lot longer than AC2. Plus, if you feel devious, you could always obtain AC2 through other means.

SorryAboutYourDaughter

Smash Rookie
I really liked bit trip beat, and am torn between getting Void and Core. Any recommendations?

I recently made the same decision and went with Core, as it seemed to have better music and looked easier. Check out youtube gameplay videos to make up YOUR mind.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm not sure how limited my options are... but is there anything on Wii Shop Channel that I can download that has a fun multiplayer aspect to it without... well, being Mario Party-ish (by which I mean, something that has some kind of... progression to it)?

The only multiplayer games I have (aside from Brawl & Melee):

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (yeah, this is what I mean by Mario Party-ish, the plot's only in the single-player aspect)
Secret of Mana (something more like this, but not necessarily an RPG)
FF4: The After Years ("multiplayer" seems tacked on... has anyone actually done tried it in this?)

So not much. I DO have a chance to download at least one VC or WiiWare game tomorrow though, so any help would be appreciated.

OH, I also have Kirby's Dreamland 3. Didn't this have a way for P2 to control Gooey when it was on the SNES? If so, is that still in the VC version?

BTW, if I didn't exactly make myself clear, I understand. I can't seem to describe it in another way.

Frown

poekmon
Ok, I'm not sure how limited my options are... but is there anything on Wii Shop Channel that I can download that has a fun multiplayer aspect to it without... well, being Mario Party-ish (by which I mean, something that has some kind of... progression to it)?
You should definitely get SSB. Nintendo claims that it will be out in the NTSC regions before new year, and while it's very Mario Party-ish, it's a lot of fun.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
For Wii Multiplayer games, try Dokapon Kingdom.

It's marioparty ish in that it's a gameboard and luck and rolling a spinner to move, but it's an RPG where you level and keep a game going throug ha story that can last awhile.

It's not Wii shop though. It's an actual Wii game.
---

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
You should definitely get SSB. Nintendo claims that it will be out in the NTSC regions before new year, and while it's very Mario Party-ish, it's a lot of fun.
I actually plan on getting that when it comes out (and when I can get it), but I guess I forgot to mention that I won't have access to the Wii Shop Channel after tomorrow and until after the New Year, so something that's out now would be great.

@nitro-blazer:

As far as Dokapon Kingdom, is it relatively new or older? I don't recall seeing the name while I was out at Walmart earlier yesterday, and I'm trying to leave the actual Wii games to my parents so they have something to get me for Christmas.

If it's older I might could see if I could rent it somewhere, otherwise... I wouldn't be able to get it now.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I loved Paper Mario and Paper Mario: TTYD but I haven't tried Super Paper Mario and I was wondering if it was any good?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I loved Paper Mario and Paper Mario: TTYD but I haven't tried Super Paper Mario and I was wondering if it was any good?
Super Paper Mario is not a bad game, but if you're looking for a good RPG, don't bother with SPM. It retains SOME of the RPG elements but it's basically a Mario platformer with paper elements.

I got some enjoyment out of it personally, but not anywhere near as much as PM1 and TTYD gave me.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^ Seconded.

ALttP is epic, but Super Metroid wins any day.

finalark

SNORLAX
Check out Phantasy Star 0 if you're up for a good action RPG. If you like strategy, then look into Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. And... well, that's all I got. Sorry.

So I've been thinking about getting into the Catslevainya (sorry for the crap spelling) series. But man are there a lot of games. I know that they recently put out a reboot for the franchise for downlaod on the Wii, but I'm not sure if I should get it. The only CV game I've played is Syphony of the Night on the PlayStation, and I played it for about... ten min. I liked it, though. So is it worth the ten bucks and the download?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with Professor Layton. It was an incredibly fun and solid puzzle game, and I don't care much for puzzle games. I'd say no for Scribblenauts, as it was just disappointing. Innovative, sure, but it doesn't work well in practice. I would recommend Bowser's Inside Story. I recently picked it up and it's fantastic.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have a question, of what I should get... one of the choices is an old game, but I love old rpgs, heck Breath of Fire II is my favorite game ever...
Metroid Prime Hunters, LoZ Spirit Tracks, or FFIX.
Leaning towards the third, the first seems like a filler..and the second looks...I don't know....a train...?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would go with either Spirit Tracks or FFIX. I haven't played either, but I've heard excellent things about both. I guess it would just depend on what you would rather play: action/adventure or RPG? Don't get Prime Hunters. That's a terrible game.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I would go with either Spirit Tracks or FFIX. I haven't played either, but I've heard excellent things about both. I guess it would just depend on what you would rather play: action/adventure or RPG? Don't get Prime Hunters. That's a terrible game.
qft on Hunters

rhan

Smash Hero
I use to love Hunters so much. Then playing it after playing a bunch of other shooters.... (From Halo, CoD, Gears) and I realise it IS a horrible shooter.... :(

Alt forms are the main reason why it's so bad.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I use to love Hunters so much. Then playing it after playing a bunch of other shooters.... (From Halo, CoD, Gears) and I realise it IS a horrible shooter.... :(

Alt forms are the main reason why it's so bad.
It's so bad because it sucks as a Metroid game AND it sucks as a shooter, which is WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED AS!!!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Naw, Hunters is pretty darn bad. The frame rate is downright terrible. Even as a launch DS game, it's just not worth it. There are plenty of better DS and FPS games out there.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
So Im feeling like getting an RPG as my next game, and will probably get one of these three (Im on PS3): Fallout 3 GOTY, Dragon Age: Origins, or Demon's Souls. What should I go for?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's true that all three are RPGs, but they're incredibly different in their presentation and feel. Get Fallout if you want a FPS, with a bajillion sidequests and upgrades. Get Dragon Age if you want a ton of different character classes and storylines, and point-and-click strategy. Or get Demon's Souls if you want controller-breaking difficulty. Also, Demon's Souls is played exclusively online, so make sure you have a good connection if you decide to go with that one.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
No More Heroes 2 and Pokemon HG/SS coming out in the next 1 (No more Heroes 2) to 3 (HH/SS) Months

Frown

poekmon
I need some tips, I need advice
A few enlightening words for me
About a game for a gaming device
The tiny and shiny little Wii?

When talking of any major title
I pretty much finished them all
Is there a Wii game that is vital
That's less known but as good as Brawl?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ok, I have Bioshock and Fallout 3 and really enjoy them. What game should I get (other than oblivion obviously)?

I'm thinking borderlands should do it. It's pretty much a copy of fallout 3 anyway. I heard it's less good though. Also, Rage might be good.

Top Bottom