• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

nux23

Smash Ace
Mk, I know from first hand experience that I suck big entei at FPS's so...is there like a beginner's game to learn? I've played halo and some CoD (not mine, a friends) I have a PS2 and a Wii...

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Mk, I know from first hand experience that I suck big entei at FPS's so...is there like a beginner's game to learn? I've played halo and some CoD (not mine, a friends) I have a PS2 and a Wii...
I heard the conduit was really good FPS for wii, but I've never played so you might want to ask someone about that one.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You're probably not going to be able to find a whole lot for either, truthfully. Nothing really springs to mind, but then again, I'm not a huge FPS fan.

For PS2, you could try Red Faction, TimeSplitters 2 or TimeSplitters Future Perfect, or maybe Medal of Honor: Frontline. For the Wii, there's The Conduit, COD, Medal of Honour. At a stretch, you could say Metroid Prime, but that's more of an adventure game than a shooter.

You could always just play FPS on the PC. :bee:

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 dollars left on my itunes account. what games should i get for my itouch 2g with 3.0? I already got topple 2 and enigmo 2.

edit: man enigmo 2 was a bad choice that game is terrible....

Jmclark

Smash Rookie
For the Wii, I'd suggest Onslaught. It's a decently-priced WiiWare game at 1000 Wii Points. It's my first FPS, and it's probably one of the more basic ones, making it good for beginners. Yet it's a really fun game, and the online is pretty good.

Most people didn't like it though.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been asked, sorry if it has. I really want to get either Street Fighter HD Remix or Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for Xbox Arcade. Any suggestions?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It really comes down to what you like. MvC is really easy to pick up and play, and you can create endless varieties of teams. SF is... still SF. Essentially, if you like SF, then most SF games are the same. In my opinion, anyway.

I'd probably go with MvC, but that's just me.

§leepy God

Smash Master
He said epic DS titles, not DS games that's an SNES in disguise, lol, but it's still epic nothing less. So far for the DS would be Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, the latest Pokemon series, (unless you want HH/SS), Final Fantasy IV, The World Ends With You, (it's an Action RPG), and of course Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
He said epic DS titles, not DS games that's an SNES in disguise, lol, but it's still epic nothing less. So far for the DS would be Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, the latest Pokemon series, (unless you want HH/SS), Final Fantasy IV, The World Ends With You, (it's an Action RPG), and of course Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
not out yet

btw the world ends with you is a must have for the DS

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want epic DS game sof the RPG nature!

Go Go Go!
Dragon Quest 4 was fantastic. I'm just starting 5 so I can't report on that yet, but it generally got better reviews than 4 did.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows is amazing, although not a classic RPG, but more of a dungeon crawler similar IMO to old-school zeldas, but with xp, leveling, upgradeable weapons, etc.

Both of these are phenomenal games that you don't want to miss.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, so I've been promised one single game to get as a result of my good science grades, and I've narrowed it down to three choices. Crysis, Battlestations: Pacific, and Spore. Big plus to Crysis for a map editor, but it's very taxing on the computer... but then, Spore has eighteen editors. BS:p has some very cool skirmish modes, and has the best multiplayer capability of the three (since I plan on getting it for the 360). Any tips or suggestions?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Spore is... just okay. It has a lot of customization, but I found it very repetitive. I don't really know a whole lot about the other two, but I hear that Crysis is quite good.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious about some games.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (or whatever the title is... it's the DS KH game): Is it necessary to have played KH2 to understand the story? Would I be missing out if I didn't play? The only other game I've played in the KH series was KH: Chain of Memories for Gameboy Advance, and that was a long time ago.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: I have each of the included games, and I've been meaning to go back and play'em again for awhile. SO... should I just break out the GC games one day or get this? I'm a bit curious about the extra content.

Also, have any noteable VC games been released since August? I only bought Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and I've been too addicted to it to check. That doesn't mean I won't... but I just figured I'd ask here while I'm asking about the other games.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (or whatever the title is... it's the DS KH game): Is it necessary to have played KH2 to understand the story? Would I be missing out if I didn't play? The only other game I've played in the KH series was KH: Chain of Memories for Gameboy Advance, and that was a long time ago.
You don't have to have played the other Kingdom Hearts games to understand, but you're probably going to miss out on some of the finer nuances, fanservice, and whatnot.

NintendoMan07 said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy: I have each of the included games, and I've been meaning to go back and play'em again for awhile. SO... should I just break out the GC games one day or get this? I'm a bit curious about the extra content.
Personally, I like the GC controls better than the Wii controls. I don't know much about the extra content though. Sorry.

NintendoMan07 said:
Also, have any noteable VC games been released since August? I only bought Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and I've been too addicted to it to check. That doesn't mean I won't... but I just figured I'd ask here while I'm asking about the other games.
World of Goo has been out for a while, but it's awesome. Also, the Monkey Island games. Hope that helps you out a bit.

Frown

poekmon
The last time I played Metroid Prime with a GC controller was in 2004, so I can't really compare them, but I heard the Wii version is a lot better. I LOVE the controls in the Wii version, btw.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
The Wii controls for Metroid Prime are a lot better than the Gamecubes in my opinion. Everything feels much easier to do than on the Cube.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for a fighting game to tide me over until I go all out to get a PS3/X360 with Blazblue. Would anybody recommend the Guilty Gear DS game? And are there any fighting games that work really well on the computer? That have online?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have MPT, and I don't regret buying it, but to be totally honest, for most people, if you own all three games already and don't mind the GC controls too much, MPT really isn't necessary. The extra content is pretty minimal. There's a medal system for all three games, it has widescreen settings, an art booklet that comes with it, a shiny case, and motion controls. That basically sums it up.

Unless you're a really big Metroid fan, it's not really necessary.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm looking for a fighting game to tide me over until I go all out to get a PS3/X360 with Blazblue. Would anybody recommend the Guilty Gear DS game? And are there any fighting games that work really well on the computer? That have online?
Guilty Gear is an awesome game, and I would definitely recommend it, though I can't say that I've played the DS version. There are plenty of downloads on almost all the consoles. Off the top of my head, I know you can get different iterations of Guilty Gear on the PSP, Wii, and 360. But that being said, I don't know what systems you have.

For PC, you could always see if you could find a copy of Melty Blood: Act Cadenza. There is a Windows version out there somewhere. It's an excellent 2D fighter, and it's pretty easy to pick up and play.

If I remember correctly, neither of these games have online capability, but unless you have a console that permits that, such as the PS3 or 360, you don't have a whole lot of options for the fighting genre. Get some friends over, I'd say. And get Blazblue as soon as you can, because it's absolutely amazing.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
360 RPG Games

heeeeeellp!!!!

edit: other than mass effect, i have taht awesome game

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I just recently got a new laptop. I figure it can run any game out there that's compatible with Windows 7, albeit not on the highest graphics settings (but who cares about graphics, that's why I have a friggin' Wii). Any suggestions for a FPS with good multiplayer?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Some people have recommended L4D before, I might try it out.
.. if I can find a way to pirate it.

I assume by The Orange Box you mean TF2?

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I'm looking for a game where I can completely customize my character(s), specifically their stats. Suggestions?

For example, I just recently started playing Dungeons & Dragons Tactics and I love creating characters, but the game overall is way too sluggish, so I'm looking for something else. I'm not sure about that Soul Calibur Broken Memories for the PSP.

(A console game, preferably PSP, PS2, or Wii.)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm looking for a game where I can completely customize my character(s), specifically their stats. Suggestions?

For example, I just recently started playing Dungeons & Dragons Tactics and I love creating characters, but the game overall is way too sluggish, so I'm looking for something else. I'm not sure about that Soul Calibur Broken Memories for the PSP.

(A console game, preferably PSP, PS2, or Wii.)
I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, I would recommend Digital Devil Saga. Not only do you get to determine stat growth for the main character, like Magic, Strength, Vitality, and whatnot, but you also get to choose your characters' attacks for the rest of the party. It's a little complicated at first, (think sphere grid), but all the paths go in a straight line, so once you get the hang of it, it's pretty sweet. Basically, you get to customize your entire party. It's also a pretty kickass RPG for the PS2. It might be kind of tricky to find, but I believe Atlus did a reprint of it, so you might be able to find it online.

Top Bottom