• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Frown, Knyaguy: Lost Wind, World of Goo, and FF: My Life as King have all been received pretty well. Mega Man 9, I can say from first hand experience, is an amazing gem of a game.

And outside of those 4 games (all of which cost more than 5 bucks) you've got plenty of great VC games.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I was going to ask if Megaman 9 is any good, but I have just got my answer.

Is the download content worth it, or should I spend the rest of my points on something else?

If so, what other games are good for 800 points?

Sensai

Smash Master
I do not know if the DLC is worth it as I haven't purchased any. I see it more as an attempt to cash in by Capcom then give us good, extra playtime.

And for 800, you can get almost any SNES title out there. You ever play Super Metroid? If not...there ya go.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Hi, sorry if this question has been repeated before, I only checked the last few pages.

Can anyone recommend me a good 4 player games on the wii/gamecube. I own all the big ones, but my housemates have tired of everything but smash now! I was hoping to get something good when I go back in january.

Which of the mario party(s) is the best?

Sensai

Smash Master
Mario Party something before 3 is the best. I don't know much about the series, but I do know that much.

And also, have you tried the Mario Strikers Charged? It's a pretty amazing game for the Wii for multiplayer. Same with Wario Ware Smooth Moves, although it's more of a party game...it's turn by turn.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Hi, sorry if this question has been repeated before, I only checked the last few pages.

Can anyone recommend me a good 4 player games on the wii/gamecube. I own all the big ones, but my housemates have tired of everything but smash now! I was hoping to get something good when I go back in january.

Which of the mario party(s) is the best?
Well, you can try out Dokapon Kingdom. Now I will admit the visuals are definitely not the greatest in the world (aestetically speaking aka too chibi looking, from a technical standpoint, it looks good), but the game has great gameplay. It is a board game/RPG hybrid, so it will be somewhat luck based, but at the same time, you will have to plan ahead on how you want to raise your character.

One of the great aspects of Dokapon Kingdom is that the game really alows you to screw over the other people you are playing with; you can target them with field magic, you can attack their towns, you can kill them to take their equipment or money, hell you can even attack a store while disguised as them and in the event that you fail, they become the wanted criminal. The game is not called the friendship destroyer for nothing.

The game uses NO motion controls whatsoever. Four people can even play the entire game with just one controller. It is much better with people since the computer cheats, although they are not impossible. If you can stomach the incredibly cutsey looking visuals, you will porbably like the game.

The GC version of WarioWare is infinitely better than the cube version
their were either 2 Gamecube WarioWare games, or you meant to say Wii instead of cube.

Zjiin

Smash Master
their were either 2 Gamecube WarioWare games, or you meant to say Wii instead of cube.
The Wii one sucked imo. And i didn't know there was another one for the GC aside from "WarioWare Inc.: Mega Party Game$"

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The GC version of WarioWare is infinitely better than the cube version.
The Wii one sucked imo. And i didn't know there was another one for the GC aside from "WarioWare Inc.: Mega Party Game$"

You said that the GC version was better than the cube version :laugh:

There are no others for the GC, except that platforming Wario game, and I know that you meant the GC version is better than the Wii.

:)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Well, you can try out Dokapon Kingdom. Now I will admit the visuals are definitely not the greatest in the world (aestetically speaking aka too chibi looking, from a technical standpoint, it looks good), but the game has great gameplay. It is a board game/RPG hybrid, so it will be somewhat luck based, but at the same time, you will have to plan ahead on how you want to raise your character.

One of the great aspects of Dokapon Kingdom is that the game really alows you to screw over the other people you are playing with; you can target them with field magic, you can attack their towns, you can kill them to take their equipment or money, hell you can even attack a store while disguised as them and in the event that you fail, they become the wanted criminal. The game is not called the friendship destroyer for nothing.

The game uses NO motion controls whatsoever. Four people can even play the entire game with just one controller. It is much better with people since the computer cheats, although they are not impossible. If you can stomach the incredibly cutsey looking visuals, you will porbably like the game.
Ahhh, thank you! I haven't heard of this game before. Most of my housemates are pretty terrible at videogames (they only started because of me), but we play for the banter. In fact, just about every match of anything we play (be it tennis, football, co-op games, board games, smash), devolves into us screwing someone over.

This looks perfect :chuckle:

Now, the only problem is it doesn't seem to be out in europe. Freeloader still works for import games right...?

PS. I'd have to agree the GC warioware is far superior to Wii's.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
way to break a rule there fluffy hi i dont know what to say now
That was two years ago. Also, ironically enough, you broke a forum rule yourself. You could've just edited your post rather than double posting about something completely irrelevant.

Zook, if you don't already have them I would advise The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and/or, Star Fox 64. Especially Super Metroid.

I have a question about Megaman 9. I know it's supposed to be good, but is it a good game to start off the Megaman series on? I've never played one before (I know, I know), but I am interested by the games.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I have a question about Megaman 9. I know it's supposed to be good, but is it a good game to start off the Megaman series on? I've never played one before (I know, I know), but I am interested by the games.
From what i heard people had a massive Nostalgiasm. Hell its like Capcom tapped our phone lines. They added all the retro stuff. Game Flicker, NES controller support and other stuff. Its the most retro experience with out getting a retro game. And seeing you love Retro you'll love this game as well then.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Zook, if you don't already have them I would advise The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and/or, Star Fox 64. Especially Super Metroid.
I was thinking about all of those, but I went with SMRPG and Earthworm Jim in the end. Hey, I'm a big Doug TenNapel fan. EWJim is super-hard but fun, btw.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
So I got 50$ to Target, and I'm either gonna blow it off on music or buy a new game...

They're selling Animal Crossing: City Folk for 40$!!!

Should I get it? Or should I wait for a different game, that's either upcoming or just buy an already released game, like Wario Land: Shake It?

I have a PSP, DS, and Wii, so I'm up for anything there.

Frown

poekmon
Kirby Crystal Shards. Well assuming that you're a Kirby fan anyways. Can't think of much else that's a must have but I haven't had the opportunity to check the VC in a while.
An incredibly easy game for its time, but mixing powers is ooooooooh so fun.

the fridge power is broken lol

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I was thinking about all of those, but I went with SMRPG and Earthworm Jim in the end. Hey, I'm a big Doug TenNapel fan. EWJim is super-hard but fun, btw.
If you complete Down The Tubes on Earthworm Jim then I salute you.
I always got to the level every time I played it, but I never got past it.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I think we should get Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Havn't played it but I've heard that is pretty good. What do you guys think. ;)
Get the game. If you liked it's predeceddor, you'll love this one. It may not have AT's and other complex things that made the game hard, but it definetly has more quality added to it.

As for me.. what should I do here?

Should I get a gamecube controller tonight, or Pokemon Emerald?

Yah, the gamecube controller isn't a game, but it'll probably be sold out soon seeing as Nintendo was sued for them (and were probably going to stop reproducing soon), and my old gc controller is pretty worn out.

Not that worn out, it works fine, it just messes up sometimes and moves when I don't want it to. (Not a default settings bug)

Could I wait another month to get a GC controller though?

Frown

poekmon
Get the game. If you liked it's predeceddor, you'll love this one. It may not have AT's and other complex things that made the game hard, but it definetly has more quality added to it.

As for me.. what should I do here?

Should I get a gamecube controller tonight, or Pokemon Emerald?

Yah, the gamecube controller isn't a game, but it'll probably be sold out soon seeing as Nintendo was sued for them (and were probably going to stop reproducing soon), and my old gc controller is pretty worn out.

Not that worn out, it works fine, it just messes up sometimes and moves when I don't want it to. (Not a default settings bug)

Could I wait another month to get a GC controller though?
LOADS of GC controllers are sold on Ebay. Don't buy a new one unless you really want to.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Can somebody tell me what good PS3 games to get? I don't care what genre it is but I prefer it not to be an FPS unless it's really good. You can just make a list (5 at most) of what you most recommend. Also, don't suggest MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, and GH:WT because I already have them.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
LOADS of GC controllers are sold on Ebay. Don't buy a new one unless you really want to.
><

I ended up having to buy a new one anyways. Old Silver is starting to wear out (or just not work at all) anyways, so I got one for the best.

Emerald wasn't in stock anyways. Stupid gamestop. I swear it was there one day, and poof.

Frown

poekmon
Can somebody tell me what good PS3 games to get? I don't care what genre it is but I prefer it not to be an FPS unless it's really good. You can just make a list (5 at most) of what you most recommend. Also, don't suggest MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, and GH:WT because I already have them.
- GTA4
- Fallout 3
- Resistance 2
- Ratchet & Clank

Just some games that got 9.0 or more on Gametrailers.com.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm, cool. If you hadn't already said you were getting Super Mario RPG, I would've suggested it anyways, so it's no biggie. Although I'd definitely advise Super Metroid at some point in the future. It's arguably my favorite game of all time. Link to the Past is also a classic. And Star Fox 64...well, you have to get that just for the epic quotableness of it.

DO A BARREL RO--*is shot*

So I got 50$ to Target, and I'm either gonna blow it off on music or buy a new game...

Should I get it? Or should I wait for a different game, that's either upcoming or just buy an already released game, like Wario Land: Shake It?

Hm...I can't really think of any other titles to advise, but I can tell you my honest advice on Animal Crossing: City Folk.

It's all-around a good game, although how much you enjoy it may depend on which games in the series you've played. If you've played just the original, or none of the games at all, you'll probably get a good amount of enjoyment out of it. If you've played Wild World, you may not enjoy it as much because...it's pretty similar. Even the music is dumped from Wild World. That said, I, having played both of the previous games, still get a good amount of enjoyment from it. They brought back two things I always missed in Wild World -- the ability to have a basement and holidays. Also, they added new goals aside from just your debt. You can donate to the town, and it is by this method that you obtain an extra bridge for your river to make traversing it easier. You can also get a fountain and a windmill or a lighthouse (not both) from this method. And if you continue to donate to the point of the millions, you can get wearable feathers of a variety of colors. The feathers themselves don't serve much purpose, but I suppose there are bragging rights behind having them. Also, if you're a fan of various Nintendo franchises, you may enjoy another feature -- Tom Nook's point system. I believe it was in Wild World, too, but in this game, once you gather enough points, you can exchange those points to buy various Nintendo items, from items like bananas and karts (from Mario Kart) to wearable ones like the Samus helmet (which I myself own) and Majora's Mask. The city is an interesting little venture, but it's hardly a big feature, so I'm not really sure why it warranted a subtitle. Wi-Fi is probably one of the biggest reasons to get the game if you've played Wild World. It's much smoother than from Wild World, and I've gotten a lot of fun from it.

Hope that helped. If there's anything else you want to know, you can ask me.

- GTA4
- Fallout 3
- Resistance 2
- Ratchet & Clank

Just some games that got 9.0 or more on Gametrailers.com.
Heh, ironically, the list goes, from top to bottom, 4 3 2 1.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hm, cool. If you hadn't already said you were getting Super Mario RPG, I would've suggested it anyways, so it's no biggie. Although I'd definitely advise Super Metroid at some point in the future. It's arguably my favorite game of all time. Link to the Past is also a classic. And Star Fox 64...well, you have to get that just for the epic quotableness of it.
Star Fox 64 is so far my favorite On-Rails/Free flight Shooter so far maybe until HotDOK and a new star Fox Come out. Plus....
DO A BARREL RO--*is shot*
THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
Deflecting bullets ftw

Heh, ironically, the list goes, from top to bottom, 4 3 2 1.
Actually would it go 4,2,3,4? The R&C on the PS3 is the 4th one. Unless he's talking about the 1st one on the PS2.

Sensai

Smash Master
Back from outta town.

To whoever asked if Mega Man 9 is good to start the series on...I would say so. If you're willing to pay the 10 bucks for it, then it's great....

...if you're into hard games. I'd honestly recommend you try Mega Man 2
via emulator
to see if you're interested in the difficulty, but if you enjoy hard games then I'd suggest going for it.

Sure, a lot of what MM9 has going for it is nostalgia...but a lot of it is the fact that it's simply a good game. :-D

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually would it go 4,2,3,4? The R&C on the PS3 is the 4th one. Unless he's talking about the 1st one on the PS2.
Technically, but if you give it its full title then it is the first of that title (not that it'll probably have a second one, although you never know).

And actually, isn't it the fifth or sixth? Because you've got the original, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Deadlocked, Size Matters, and then the one on PS3.

Back from outta town.

To whoever asked if Mega Man 9 is good to start the series on...I would say so. If you're willing to pay the 10 bucks for it, then it's great....

...if you're into hard games. I'd honestly recommend you try Mega Man 2
via emulator
to see if you're interested in the difficulty, but if you enjoy hard games then I'd suggest going for it.

Sure, a lot of what MM9 has going for it is nostalgia...but a lot of it is the fact that it's simply a good game. :-D
Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll consider checking out Mega Man 2. I have played the demo of it on XBLA a little bit (I may give it more of a go since I wasn't trying all that hard) so I have a little bit to go on anyways, and I've always been interested by the Mega Man series, but I'll look into Mega Man 2 nonetheless.

Crap, I just thought of something else. My Pokemon Ranch. It seems generally lackluster and not all that useful since I don't play my Pokemon games all that much at the moment, but is it worth it to get the bonus Pokemon? I'm kind of thinking it isn't, but I recall being about to get it a while ago and I just remembered.

My final question is sort of a weird one which you guys may not be able to answer. I haven't looked that much into WiiWare, or the Wii Shop Channel in general recently(especially since I have to update to use it now, and since I have Homebrew and want to keep it I have to do something special to allow me to use it again), so I'm kind of wondering how expensive WiiWare games can generally be and if anyone can take a guess as to how much Cave Story might end up being once it's released. I got a Wii Points card specifically for it, so I don't want to accidentally spend like, a hundred too many points and have to get more just to buy it. I'm kind of looking for something to spend the rest of the points on. I'm not interested in VC titles either -- I don't buy them anymore ever since I bought a few good games, all of which I now intend to get for the original console at some point. And now that I own all but one of the consoles for the VC (the Turbografix), I can get most of the titles I'd want for the original console anyways. This is probably a pretty obvious answer, but do you guys think I should wait until Cave Story comes out to spend any of my points? I just don't really want to wait until god-knows-when to spend any of them.

what games would someone recommend for the 360?
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2. A challenging tactical shooter, which is fun to play alone and really fun to play co-op.

- Sonic '06. Yes, I know everyone else in the entire world hated it, but I found it to be enjoyable. Good music, nice graphics, and even though the...interesting romance between Elise and Sonic is rather disturbing, I still found myself connected to the characters by the end. Sonic and Shadow play similar to how they did in Sonic Adventure 2, only Shadow can ride in a vehicle when you stumble upon the occasional one. Silver, while annoying, is fun to play with. There's nothing more fun than stopping enemy missiles right in their path and sending them back, or standing on a crate and telepathically moving it while you stand on it to imitate flight.

- Mirror's Edge. Not quite as fun as I thought it'd be, nor as fast as I imagined, but once I looked past that and realized that it wasn't going to be exactly like the demo portrayed, I warmed up to it. I think it's one of those titles that, whatever you think of it, you need to play at some point. It takes a bold step in gaming.

Sensai

Smash Master
Firus, I'm not sure how much Cave Story'll be when it comes out. I'd bet either 10 or 15 dollars...and I know nothing at all about that Pokemon Ranch game. Sorry.

zrky: It really depends on if you have a decent computer. If you have a decent computer, it's generally better to get it on that (ESPECIALLY FPS games)...but, here's my list regardless of that.

Prince of Persia
Bioshock
The Orange Box
Left 4 Dead
Assassin's Creed (I really don't know why people hated this game so much)
Lost Oddyssey (spelling; if you're into RPGs, I've heard great things about this)

That's all I can think of ATM...but it's 2.50 in the morning. I'm sure I'll have some more by the time I get to my computer tomorrow.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If you desperately need the bonus Pokemon, and have 999 Pokemon ready to trade to Pokemon Ranch, then go for it.
If not, go for MM2.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord

If you havent bought anything yet, do yourself a favor and get Chrono Trigger DS.

/Aimed at everyone else too :D

Top Bottom