• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
recently played the project diva series for the first time, mainly future tone but did play some of the vita ones a little, thinking about getting one for my vita soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat the true final boss for Octopath Traveler! When all was said and done, the final boss and the preceding boss rush took over two hours to beat, which is a massive leap upwards from anything previously in that game. (not helping matters is that, once you start the boss rush, you can't save until you've beaten the true final boss)

Think I'll try My Hero Academia: One's Justice or Splatoon 2 next. MHA should be short and straightforward (it's an anime-based fighting game, and the series it's based on is much shorter than DBZ, One Piece, or Naruto), and I'd really like to beat Splatoon 2's story mode before I get the DLC.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to get a new game after beating SM Oddysey and Xenoblade CX again . ATM I'm replaying Dark Souls 1 remastered. It's much easier the 2nd time but hitboxes/collisions are still stupid.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
Just casually chillen with some retros from the nintendo switch online myself and a couple steam games like mhw/ soul calibur

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Even though I never played the original three before, I tried out Spyro: Reignited Trilogy on PS4 early this morning. Loving the game so far!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Okami thanks to the Switch holiday sale on the eShop, and this game is gorgeous! I played it a while ago on the Wii, but I've had people recommend any other version because the motion controls were finicky (which I recall thinking about the Wii version). I'm only an hour and fifteen minutes in, roughly, so I feel like I've got a long way ahead of me before I reach Orochi.

Capcom's done an amazing job on the Switch so far, between this, Mega Man 11, and the collections for Mega Man, Mega Man X, Street Fighter, and their non-licensed beat-em-up games. Here's hoping that this continues!

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Welp the wife was playing la noir but saw me playing Octopath so now she's playing that and I'm playing mgs 5 the phantom pain. Here's hoping it is better than ground zeroes which unfortunately I found tremendously lackluster.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I've recently purchased and am playing Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux on my 3DS that I got on a Black Friday deal. SMT4A was good so I want to get more into the franchise while I wait on SMT5 for Switch.

I'm currently emulating Dragon Warrior Monsters on my Android to help further expand my repertoire on the monster collecting RPG genre. I had recently purchased and at least played through the story of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 for DS and figured it might be nice to see the game's roots.

I've recently finally completed the Yo-Kai Medallium for Yo-Kai Watch Blasters White Dog Squad, which has helped keep me occupied while I wait to purchase Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Yo-Kai Watch 4.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm playing Kirby Star Allies in Wave 3. Holy crap, Heroes from Another Dimension is tough. Kirby games aren’t supposed to be this challenging outside of boss fights!! What the crap?!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'm playing Kirby Star Allies in Wave 3. Holy crap, Heroes from Another Dimension is tough. Kirby games aren’t supposed to be this challenging outside of boss fights!! What the crap?!
Yeah I love Kirby games specifically because you don't have to be a platforming God to enjoy them but some installments definitely have their challenges. Looks like imma get this game tho! Been meaning to just didn't wanna bog down on titles this close to Dec 7

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Recently bought and plan to start Tekken Tag Tournament 2, also been getting back into FE Fates Conquest

Rizen

Smash Legend
The first Kirby game on game boy was rough because you didn't have copy abilities. Canvas Curse was hard too.

I've been farming Telethia in Xenoblade C X for an Ares 90 skell. It's a pain in the butt. After I get it things will be a lot easier.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Getting frustrated with Splatoon 2. I'm on the fourth area, and some of the missions where Sheldon forces you to use certain weapons are a huge pain in the neck.

"Hey, can you use this slow, short-distance weapon on a stage that requires precision platforming and incredibly precise shots?"

"I know the ending of this stage throws a bunch of fast-moving flying enemies at you and gives you next to no cover, but I'm going to make you test out this sniper rifle that basically requires you to stand still to use."

The latter was particularly irritating, as I had JUST gotten to the end of the stage, only to be killed in one shot by an enemy sniper before I could actually clear it. I'm going to take a break and try to come back to this with a clear head, but it's annoying, and I'm not looking forward to the fifth area or the Octo Expansion if they're going to be like this.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Getting frustrated with Splatoon 2. I'm on the fourth area, and some of the missions where Sheldon forces you to use certain weapons are a huge pain in the neck.

"Hey, can you use this slow, short-distance weapon on a stage that requires precision platforming and incredibly precise shots?"

"I know the ending of this stage throws a bunch of fast-moving flying enemies at you and gives you next to no cover, but I'm going to make you test out this sniper rifle that basically requires you to stand still to use."

The latter was particularly irritating, as I had JUST gotten to the end of the stage, only to be killed in one shot by an enemy sniper before I could actually clear it. I'm going to take a break and try to come back to this with a clear head, but it's annoying, and I'm not looking forward to the fifth area or the Octo Expansion if they're going to be like this.
Really? I recall those levels being pretty well suited to the weapons you're forced to use. The real pain for me was doing them all over again like 7 times to get the hero replica versions of all the weapons you're able to use, and in those cases it's very prevalent that those stages weren't meant for them, with some being broken easy and some just being a bit annoying with having to use bombs to get the extra distance. My advice to you is to try and utilize every aspect of the weapons. A charger is powerful when fully charged but that doesn't make it useless on a short charge, just gotta try and figure out how to be mobile with whatever you're given, since really the only weapon that isn't at least workable in that department is the splatlings, and those things make up for it in raw power. Also try and upgrade the weapons that give you the most trouble so their weaknesses don't stand out as bad, nothing's better than having a charger with an E-Liter's range and a squiffer's charge rate

Rizen

Smash Legend
Still doing post game stuff in xenoblade C X. There's an entire story told through side quests that has nothing to do with the main campaign. For those who know the game I'm in good shape; my build is longswords-Either blossom dance and duel guns-ghost walker with the core crusher skill and the Receding Rust (either) LS for big damage. I can take on pretty much everything. I also farmed for the Ares 90 skell.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings as for me it's been long time since the last time I pass or beat a game I playing New Super Mario Bros Wii later on Hit Zelda Ocarina of time, Sega Collection for Street Rage and Megaman X Collection to finally beat X5 and X6.

Sinjiyibui

Banned via Warnings
Aside from Ultimate, Final Fantasy XIV (been playing since July), Final Fantasy IV, and Pokemon Mystery Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (for the seventh time)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides Smash Ultimate, which I’m playing through World of Light adventure mode, I’m still playing through Xenoblade Chronicles. Made sure to keep checking out the side missions and level grinding the characters before continuing with the story.

I also plan to do another Final Fantasy VIII playthrough on PC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got about 150 spirits to go in Smash Ultimate, though I think about a third of them are Fighter Spirits. Thankfully, none of them are locked behind ridiculous challenges like the Knuckle Joe trophy in Smash 4.

Once that's done, I'm hoping to beat Splatoon 2's story mode and maybe move on to Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Besides smash and Octopath I just got the Genesis collection so playing a bunch of oldies like Streets of Rage and Altered Beast lol

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Now that I got all the spirits and almost every challenge in Ultimate done I figured I'd figure out exactly what's up with our first DLC pass fighter Joker, not normally a JRPG fan but the change of pace from the more tense action-packed games I've been playing has been nice. Joker's got some nice style I gotta admit, looking forward to see how he translates to Smash

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I just got 2064: Read Only Memories and Celeste. I've heard great things about both of these games so hopefully they live up to the hype.

Zoruad

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7755 3817 4293
Currently playing Bayonetta, game is a blast! Stupidly amazing cutscenes, fun writing and difficult but great gameplay. Could do without the QTE's though

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
Been playing both Stardew Valley and Art Of Balance on the switch, excellent games to wind down with after some intense online battles in ultimate. Considering picking up Octopath Traveller when I get the money.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Currently playing Bayonetta, game is a blast! Stupidly amazing cutscenes, fun writing and difficult but great gameplay. Could do without the QTE's though
Thankfully, the sequel removes all of the instant death QTEs, so there's only button mashing or stick rotating to escape attacks or finish off bosses.

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
Clustertruck and Smash Ultimate.
CLUSTERTRUCK HAS KILLED ME INSIDE. DO NOT PLAY IT. IT CAUSES ME PHYSICAL PAIN.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently started playing the Tomb Raider reboot on Steam. It's my first time playing a game in the series and decided to give it a try.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got Guacamelee 1 and 2 for the Switch, so I'm playing through Guacamelee 1 at the moment. It's shorter than I remember it being (I think I've only got one major area left, or at least one area that I haven't visited yet), but it's a lot of fun and seems like it's got great replay value. I have no idea how they expect people to complete the platforming challenges in multiplayer, though.

I'll play Guacamelee 2 after that, and then either go back to Okami on Switch or try Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
My Hero One's Justice (Switch version), mainly doing some online battles and the occasional CPU battles.

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, switching between the two. Just caught a Dragonair in the river on Route 10 by the Power Plant, was looking for a Dratini but surprisingly Dragonair spawned, later I'll try again to look for Dratini though. In the Pikachu version I'm just heading on to Celadon City and gonna battle Erika and take on the Team Rocket base in the Game Corner.

Disgaea 5 Complete, started a new file and completed the first two episodes. Now I'm just passing a few bills and gonna use the Cheat Shop soon maybe.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
After I received my new XB1 controller yesterday, I started playing Forza Horizon 4 again. Love the open-world driving.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Now that I finished Xenoblade Chronicles, I can now take a break from action based RPGs cuz I’m burnt out.

That being said, I got Resident Evil 2 today and I’m playing through that one now.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
With Kingdom Hearts 3 officially releasing where I am in about just a few more hours I think it's safe to say my face will be glued to that for the next week or so.
In the meantime I managed to relieve my boredom with my return to Dark Souls Remastered and doing a full playthrough of the original Pikmin for the gamecube

Top Bottom