• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat the Horizon: Zero Dawn, Frozen Wilds DLC. If you like the game, the DLC is a must buy and has a ton of great content and a new story. H:ZD has become one of my all time favorite videogame experiences. IDK how the replay value is but the first time through was incredible. Great combat, graphics, open world, characters, story that could pass for a sci-fi book, etc. This is the kind of game developers should aspire to. Easily a 10/10.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat Undertale on the Switch, both the main game (the good ending) and Hard Mode. However, resetting the game to play hard mode cost me two of the banners that I unlocked, so I might replay it some time. (it's as good of an excuse as any)

I'm halfway through the third chapters for my team in Octopath, and I might play through Devil May Cry 3 as Vergil. (I unlocked him when I originally played through it, but I didn't want to use him immediately since I worried I might get burnt out on the game)

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Currently playing Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth 2 for the ps vita. I'm still on Chapter 2 in that game, and I've played the game about 12 hours so far.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I just finished Undertale. Beautiful game. Too bad about the stigma. I think Nintendo fans would like this game, especially if they're also EarthBound fans... though mostly for the atmosphere and the character interactions. The battle system is it's own unique thing. It's not as easy as the people on youtube made it look. I watched a full playthrough when it came out but that's because I never thought it would come to home consoles. Everyone said it would be impossible because of the way the game was programmed.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what I want to play now. I should be finishing up Octo Expansion, but i'm in more of an old-school mood, but none of my old-school games are calling out to me atm.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
After getting done with Undertale (it's amazing btw), I just started a Platinum nuzlocke to make the wait for Ultimate less painful. So far, I'm just before Eterna Forest, with only a single death: Shuckri, my female Shinx (a combination of "Shuri" from Black Panther and "shock"), which I lost to... a wild Kricketot using Bide. Yup. Completely caught me off guard, especially considering the fact that I was a solid 5 levels above it. Even with 9 years of Pokémon experience to boot, I still make those dumb mistakes... Anyways, Mars, whom I just battled, gave me a run for my money by nearly killing my Geodude, Gaia, with a couple crit Feint Attacks, but I managed to pull through.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm currently playing through Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. It might take me a while. I keep trying to maintain a 5 Star rank on Tactics and Funds so that I can get the Superb Mind ending for Mark. The problem is, Tactics is based off the total amount of turns you took to beat the game, so I pretty much have to rush every chapter while making sure I keep my units alive, unlock all the chests, and play through all of the Gaiden chapters. The REAL problem is getting Nils to Level 7 by the end of Lyn's story so that I can unlock the Battle Before Dawn Gaiden chapter. It doesn't help that he only gets 10 EXP every time he plays, let alone that I'm on a turn-limit. That's 700 turns in the 4 Lyn chapters he's playable in. Maybe I could try to evenly distribute the amount of turns used to grind Nils, but I don't know. It's a lot of work for a mere two sentences.

D

Deleted member

Been getting into Project M more lately. And also playing Sonic Mania and Loz BOTW.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I started playing Chrono Trigger on my DS Lite during a trip and decided to finish it. The DS' button config is terrible for my wrists, unfortunately, so I'll have to pace myself.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Currently playing through Super Mario Odyssey, Little Nightmares, and the more recently downloaded Undertale for Switch. Enjoying all of them.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Finally bought NieR: Automata after hearing nothing but good things about it. All I really know about the game going in is some information about the main characters' personalities, that it has several subsequent "endings," the soundtrack is incredible, and apparently a spoiler regarding the fate of humanity in the game.

Just killed a boss who then gave birth to himself. This game is going places.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Finally bought NieR: Automata after hearing nothing but good things about it. All I really know about the game going in is some information about the main characters' personalities, that it has several subsequent "endings," the soundtrack is incredible, and apparently a spoiler regarding the fate of humanity in the game.

Just killed a boss who then gave birth to himself. This game is going places.
:link:

NieR: Automata was on my radar before it even launched, and just because of life and what-have-you I've still yet to purchase it to play. . . Not with a spoiler-nature of course, but would love to hear how you feel about the game when you get further into it / beat it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm replaying Xenoblade Chronicles X. It sucks that I had to delete my (near) 100% file to do so but w/e. The graphics look blocky and dated compared to newer games in Horizon ZD.

NineLannister

Smash Rookie
NNID
NineLannister
Switch FC
SW 2787 1144 8408
I'm rocking a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and it's going well so far. The period between fighting Wattson and Flannery saw a wide range of deaths (including my Combusken and Kadabra, RIP), but I'm up to the Winona battle now, and my team is looking pretty solid (Manectric, Absol, Golbat, Gyarados, Breloom, and Latias).

I have a few backup members in my box who are viable, but I'm nervous about further deaths since I'm about to enter the 7/10 Too Much Water section of the game, with limited capture options.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Right now, I'm playing through Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus on the Switch. Between the recent update and picking up a Pro Controller (my left Joycon's control stick was drifting slightly to the left, which made playing games like Mega Man 11 frustrating), I figured I should give it another shot.

I reached the halfway point of the game, and between the contraptions and being able to revisit areas that I'd been to previously, I finally feel like I'm playing as the Nazi-killing juggernaut that the story makes BJ Blazkowicz out to be. I don't know why the ability to travel to areas that you had previously been to was only made available halfway through the game, and I wish that you were able to choose one of the contraptions (which makes you better at stealth, combat, or exploration) from the start of the game - it would have helped a lot, even if you wouldn't be able to unlock the other two until later.

It's taken much longer than I would have liked, but the game's finally about as fun as the 2016 Doom was.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
A few. Pikmin 2, Super Mario Galaxy (just started), Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country. Haven't played Wario Land in a while, but I definitely haven't dropped it, I'm just waiting until I've finished a couple of the games I'm currently playing before I go back to it, Bayonetta 2 and Super Mario RPG. As for what else I'm going to play before Smash. There is Super Mario Odyssey (again), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Pikmin 3 (again) and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.

Currently playing Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth 2 for the ps vita. I'm still on Chapter 2 in that game, and I've played the game about 12 hours so far.
I really liked the first one, but the second was a bit boring to me. Started the third one, but kind of forgot I was playing it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’m playing through Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Since I’m pretty much caught up with everything else, I finally found the time I needed to play it.

D

Deleted member

I'm replaying Tales of Berseria and I think I am enjoying my second playthrough more than I did the first time.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Galaxy just isn't hooking me, so I'll come back to it later. Right now, I'm going to go get a can of Dr. Pepper and play some Super Mario RPG.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Currently playing some Kirby Star Allies on Nintendo Switch! Cute game. :ultkirby:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The first two levels of Super Castlevania IV were perfect, at the start of the game, I thought it was flawless. As I've gotten further, that's been evidently not correct, but the game's still really good.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Playing The Thousand Year Door for the first time. Currently up to chapter 4. Named the Yoshi Kid Jojo and now all I can think about is it developing a stand.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Octopath Traveler.

I've beaten the story for all of the characters, though I assume there's more to wrap up (things seem to be building up to a battle with a dark god, though I figured that much since the start of Ophilia's story). It took a while, but finally, by each characters' fourth chapters, the stories started to feel more interconnected rather than following eight separate unrelated adventures.

By the eighth character's fourth chapter (Olberic, in this case), my characters were roughly fifteen levels over the recommended level, thanks to regularly cycling through my party members and getting the four bonus classes.

I'm going to work my way through the sidequests (might need to check a guide to find out where to go, since some of them require the player to remember specific named characters, or details about who was looking for love), and once I've beaten the true final boss (at least, I assume that there's one), I'll move on to Splatoon 2's story mode (and eventually its DLC).

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Red Dead Redemption 2. It's an immersive Wild West outlaw simulator that has its claws dug into me deep. Between hunting, marauding, learning how to play poker, and exploring, it's quite a game to get lost in.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
Red Dead Redemption 2. It's an immersive Wild West outlaw simulator that has its claws dug into me deep. Between hunting, marauding, learning how to play poker, and exploring, it's quite a game to get lost in.
I got it at midnight launch and am loving it. Definitely tiding me over till Smash. It's such a neat world, even just to hang out in. I'm even a little excited for the online mode now that it's rumored to have seamless open world PvE. One of the things that I think ruins GTA Online is the obnoxious loading times between missions.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I've been on-and-off doing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since I finally caved and bought it, Thousand Year Door on a 10 health run, and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Was happily surprised to see content from both those GC showing up in Ultimate as spirits.
For MK8 Deluxe I've been starting the mirror mode grand prix, Thousand Year Door I'm at chapter 8 but preparing to go down the whole Pit of 100 trials (yes, on 10 health no less, I already managed floor 90 with no items prepared), and with Eternal Darkness it's been awhile but I think I was last at the Indiana Jones-type Roivas exploring the temple in about modern day-ish

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been on-and-off doing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since I finally caved and bought it, Thousand Year Door on a 10 health run, and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Was happily surprised to see content from both those GC showing up in Ultimate as spirits.
For MK8 Deluxe I've been starting the mirror mode grand prix, Thousand Year Door I'm at chapter 8 but preparing to go down the whole Pit of 100 trials (yes, on 10 health no less, I already managed floor 90 with no items prepared), and with Eternal Darkness it's been awhile but I think I was last at the Indiana Jones-type Roivas exploring the temple in about modern day-ish
Hope you're enjoying them so far! For the Indiana Jones-like character in Eternal Darkness, there's an item in that level that's well hidden (or at least requires a lot of backtracking), but can pretty much break the game if you find it.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Hope you're enjoying them so far! For the Indiana Jones-like character in Eternal Darkness, there's an item in that level that's well hidden (or at least requires a lot of backtracking), but can pretty much break the game if you find it.
Game breaking item you say? Oh boy, sounds just up my alley! Already had to replay part of that section because I completely forgot checkpoints don't exist so I'll try and keep an eye out for something like that

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii: Been replaying Super Mario Galaxy 2 recently and I’ve just started collecting the green stars. Taking a break from playing Xenoblade for the time being, which I’m like 40 hours into that one and I don’t know how far into the story I’ve gotten at that point.

Switch: Xenoblade 2 is currently the only game keeping me busy though I do plan to go back to playing Octopath Traveler to try and finish whatever side missions I still have active.

PS4: I decided to do another Final Fantasy VII playthrough just because of how amazing that game is. I also thinking about getting Soul Calibur VI.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube (Wii): Wario World - Heaps of fun, but lacks the momentum of Mario in his 3D games, and the importance of actions in the Wario Land series. However, it does a great job at putting you in Wario's shoes. It really makes collecting coins heaps of fun, and you want to get as many as you can.
PC: Rondo of Blood, Deltarune - Not being able to control my whip is already killing my interest a bit, after how fun it was to control Belmont in Super Castlevania IV, however, the music is good, and I like the opening.
Good so far. Battle system is good and I loved the character selection part. Bit iffy on the story though, as I really loved Undertale and I'm not sure whether or not this is a good thing, yet.
Switch: Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Hasn't been as excellent as the first game. The opponents are easier, and the characters, comedy and story don't feel like they really evolve past the first game. It kind of feels like the staff is just getting back into the swing of things with the game, and I hope the third entry will be as amazing as the first (top three favourite games). Haven't played it in a good while, but I plan on finishing it before the end of the this year. Maybe it jumps up in quality really soon, but so far, it just hasn't been as fun as the first.
I've never played the first Xenoblade Chronicles, but this one seems alright. I really enjoy the cliché anime-esque scenes, they're fun (Nia and Rex) and exciting (the part where you first fight with Pyra by your side). Not too far into it, as I rarely get the time to give it a good play session, and when I play it for short bursts on handheld mode, I feel like I'm not getting the full experience of it.
SNES (Emulator): Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country - So much fun. The combat is good, keeping me involved while being simple, and the story has me engaged with its crazy world and creative characters. Geno is the best. Booster makes me laugh. The personality of Mario is entertaining, and Bowser feels more fleshed out. Cannot wait to see what happens next! One issue has been that ZSNES just freezes when I try to equip an accessory on anyone, so I can't do that. But other than that, it's the perfect emulator to me, in quality and design, so unless I find something equally as good if not better, I'll probably just take it.
Really, really good looking game. Donkey Kong Country is definitely the best looking SNES game that I've played. Along with Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, it's got me to like Diddy Kong as a character.
N64: Banjo-Kazooie - Always loved this game. Never... really finished it. I was **** at games like this and Zelda as a kid. I needed it to be point A to point B like Crash and Halo.
3DS: Ocarina of Time (3D) - Excellent, but I still find myself getting stuck sometimes. "That cloud over Death Mountain is strange!" Okay... now what? And sometimes, puzzles feel like they're solved out of sheer luck. I don't feel smart while solving them, haha. Doesn't matter in the end though, because Sheik is amazing and Ganondorf is one of the most bad-ass game characters I know of. When it's bad, it's boring and I feel like it's overrated, but then, when it's good, I completely understand why this game is so heavily praised.

Plan to play No More Heroes and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (I already have a brand new copy ready to be opened to play on my PS2). Going to play Metal Gear Solid 3 first, though.

I've put Super Mario Galaxy on standby. Really boring controls, I don't feel like I'm going fast at all like I do in Odyssey and Super Mario 64. The way it takes a while to get running bothers me, too. I go for a long jump and do a backflip because Mario isn't ready yet. Level design isn't bad, and even though I knew what I was going into, I prefer exploration in 3D platformers.
SoulSilver is also on standby. This is my third save on it (initially got it as a kid and got stuck. Tried again a good while later, and got stuck, but this will probably be the first time I finished it), and my god, this and HeartGold might be the best games in the series. So bloody good. However, Pokémon has always been a series where I'd be into it for a good while, and then take a long break. It's always something I enjoy in phases. I'll continue the game when I'm enjoying the franchise heaps again. Love my team in it, feeling a strong bond with my Cyndaquil (Priscilla) and Ampharos (Pablo).

COOKRE

Smash Cadet
Started playing FEZ on my PSVita. It's more than meets the eye, what a gorgeous puzzle platformer.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've had Valiant Hearts: The Great War in my Steam library for a while now. Given that it's the hundredth anniversary of the end of World War One today, I'm definitely going to play it at some point.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I decided to try Brawlhalla to tide me over 'till I get to play Smash Ultimate. I have no idea what I'm doing. Somehow, I've managed to win a few matches.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I want to be able to try Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but getting that game is a bit out of my price range at the moment because I recently put in a preorder for Smash Ultimate plus the DLC pack. I might try some of those retro games Nintendo Online provides to hold me over.

LoreAbidingCitizen

Smash Rookie
I'm juggling a few games to keep me occupied until the release of Ultimate, those being:

- The original Paper Mario game.
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- And gathering up the last of the moons in Mario Odyssey.

Top Bottom