• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Switch: Smash Bros. Ultimate. Playing through World of Light on New Game + while also in the process of collecting every spirit in the game.

PS4: Resident Evil 2 remake. Finished Leon's story last night and plan to start on Claire's story next.

Steam: Finishing up on my second Final Fantasy VIII playthrough.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Playing Ultimate, of course.

But besides that, I've been giving Punch Out!! on the Wii a proper replaying since its been a while. Such a fun game with so much character, and it's pretty tough! Cheesed Contender Mr. Sandman by just jabbing him in the gut every time he tried to attack, making that fight significantly easier than I remembered... and now I'm stuck on Title Defense Glass Joe. Sigh... Not the proudest thing to admit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 2. I underestimated how long the prologue would be - when all was said and done, it took a little under four hours to go through the segment where I played as Roxas. I really hope that Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, and Kingdom Hearts 3 don't have anything like that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm doing a second playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D since it's been a while, and while I still think the side quests can become a tad monotonous, I'm finding new things to adore about it. I love this game and its sequel to death. They are easily among my favorite games of all time.

LuckyUO

Smash Rookie
I play Minecraft all the time :) It's the coolest sandbox ever and I just love this game

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Recently got back into TF2 after about 3 years of not playing it. It's just as fun as I remember it.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Did MHW get any new monsters after Behemoth? I got bored and haven't played it since then.
Theirs a couple that have been released after extreme Behemoth, Arch Tempered Xeno Jiiva & Kulve Taroth I think... I’m in the same boat. I’ve honestly started playing MHGU and am having a blast.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings Finish up Super Mario Bros Wii and Megaman X 5.

Now Playing Smashing 4 And Devil May Cry Collection.

Soon Batman Arkham, Castlevania Lord Shadow, Legend Zelda Twilight and Donkey Kong Country Wii .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Metroid Prime on the GameCube. Since Prime 4 has been delayed until who knows when, I figured this is the perfect opportunity for me to catch up on these games. So far, it’s pretty good.

I also got Red Dead Redemption II as well but I haven’t put much time into it at the moment. Heard good things about the game.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Just got a PS4 recently and finished up Persona 5. Damn was that a good time.

I also bought God of War, Spider-Man, and Uncharted 4. I’m probably gonna play God of War next. I’ve heard only amazing things about it.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Finishing up DoA 5 LR to keep myself occupied before DoA 6 launches in a couple weeks, still play Ultimate, BotW, Odyssey, and Hyrule Warriors regularly too. Also been getting back into GTA.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Right now, I'm bouncing back and forth between Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 9. I'm going into both games blind, and I'm really enjoying them.

I've never played a Persona game before, but Persona 5 is so stylish, and it makes it easy to empathize with or absolutely hate certain characters. My main problem is that some gameplay mechanics seem poorly explained. Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 9 seems like a nice back-to-basics RPG - my main experience with Final Fantasy games are FF1 and FF6, though I've played a bit of FF7.

In both cases, I have my first four party members and I've beaten what appears to be the first major boss.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Right now, I'm bouncing back and forth between Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 9. I'm going into both games blind, and I'm really enjoying them.

I've never played a Persona game before, but Persona 5 is so stylish, and it makes it easy to empathize with or absolutely hate certain characters. My main problem is that some gameplay mechanics seem poorly explained. Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 9 seems like a nice back-to-basics RPG - my main experience with Final Fantasy games are FF1 and FF6, though I've played a bit of FF7.

In both cases, I have my first four party members and I've beaten what appears to be the first major boss.
What platform is FF9 on? Is it downloaded? I'm thinking of getting it if I can.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What platform is FF9 on? Is it downloaded? I'm thinking of getting it if I can.
It's available on a bunch of different platforms, but I'm currently playing the Switch version, which I got through the eShop.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Octopath Traveler. The begining's a bit slow but it's good retro RPG fun. I also bought The Witcher 3 because it was only 20$.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
After beating super metroid (god I love that game) I’m kinda in a metroid phase. Currently playing fusion and I tried zero mission but it felt more like work than fun. Maybe when I’m done with fusion and the prime games I’ll give it a shot again.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
At the moment Smash Ultimate Offline against level 9 cpus. I wish I could play online. But my mental fortitude is horrible. I have fun, but when I start losing my aggression gets out of hand. Like people who teabag. I get so upset and out of control I bite and hit myself, then go on how I will track them down and choke them so hard their eyeballs pop out of socket and get completely sadistic. Of course I don’t really go and do so. I just struggle with playing with people or making friends to play with on it. Though it makes me question my character choices. Especially since I can nearly defeat an entire 5 man team on squad strike with Rosa alone and finding other characters with great combos and gameplay. Eventually this will bore me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
FFVII and Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon on the Switch. Already had FFVII on my PS3 but something about Switch makes double dipping more attractive.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Currently I'm playing Sekiro. So far it's looking to be better than the Dark Souls trilogy. It might even be as good as Bloodborne.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got Devil May Cry 5 and Nier Automata on Steam, though I'll probably focus on Devil May Cry for now. (I've played DMC1-4, and from the sounds of it, it will help if I watch a playthrough of the original Nier to have any idea of what's going on)

On the Switch, I've been playing Final Fantasy 7 and Blaster Master Zero 2. Blaster Master is everything that I expected (a sequel that expands on the original, though some controls don't seem to be explained well), and Final Fantasy 7 is (as to be expected) amazing. While I had to ask around to find where to go next once Cid joined the party (the game is unusually unclear about what to do after that), the momentum was stellar up to that point, and the game is filled with a bunch of interesting and likeable characters.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just got Devil May Cry 5 and Nier Automata on Steam, though I'll probably focus on Devil May Cry for now. (I've played DMC1-4, and from the sounds of it, it will help if I watch a playthrough of the original Nier to have any idea of what's going on)

On the Switch, I've been playing Final Fantasy 7 and Blaster Master Zero 2. Blaster Master is everything that I expected (a sequel that expands on the original, though some controls don't seem to be explained well), and Final Fantasy 7 is (as to be expected) amazing. While I had to ask around to find where to go next once Cid joined the party (the game is unusually unclear about what to do after that), the momentum was stellar up to that point, and the game is filled with a bunch of interesting and likeable characters.
Don't be afraid to look up guides because FFVII has a few times when it gives no clues about random **** you need to do.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Risk of Rain 2 is fun. Came out less than a week ago and is in early access but it's already got plenty. Just finished the "get through 20 stages in one run" challenge, still can't steady my fingers properly. Would recommend

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
  • Currently playing through a Pokemon Platinum randomizer run (found a shiny Teddiursa in the wild about a month ago lol).
  • Just paid off my final loan in Animal Crossing: Wild World (not emulated).
  • Beat Kid Icarus NES for the second time today.
  • I like to play Team Fortress 2 every now and then.
  • I've been enjoying Morrowind lately (my first Elder Scrolls game ever lol). Haven't gotten very far since I've taken a liking to running around naked, stabbing/punching people to death, and stealing their stuff for cash (I also like stealing their worthless clothes just to be extra mean lol.)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I just beat the first Crash Bandicoot game in the N. Sane Trilogy so I'm in the middle of Crash 2. So far I definitely like Crash 2 more.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Final Fantasy 7 (Switch): just finished part one of the game, which ended with
Aeris's death
- while the CGI cutscenes haven't aged well (everyone seems emotionless during them), it's even more of a gut punch with context. (I was unaware of the connection between Cloud and Sephiroth)

Devil May Cry 5 (PC): I finally unlocked Dante, and he's a ton of fun to use. I feel like it will take a while to get used to the sheer amount of options that he has (and there are still at least four weapons that I haven't unlocked yet), but he was well worth the wait. I'm on mission 11, and if past Devil May Cry games are any indication (I think they generally had 20 missions), I'm about halfway through the game.

Persona 5 (PS3): I've beat the first palace, so now I need to look into the most efficient way to use my time during the daily life segments. (which, ironically, is probably not the most efficient way to use my free time) I don't think I've even encountered Mementos yet, let alone roughly half of the party, so I have a long way to go.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
currently playing Yooka-Laylee on switch. frustrating sometimes but pretty fun overall

D

Deleted member

Tales of Graces f. It's fun but not my favorite Tales of game. Now I gotta balance that and Smash since Joker is finally being released.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Aside from Ultimate, I am playing Bayonetta 1 and 2, Skyrim, and I am thinking about getting back into Breath of the Wild when I get out of school.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Taking a break from Chocobo to finish FFVII.

Also picked up FFX/X-2 for Switch and for once I remembered to get Valefor's second overdrive.

Top Bottom