• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Continuing with Persona 5, I think I'm going to unlock the final member of the Phantom Thieves soon, if the Smash spirit is any indication.

I'll put the rest of my impressions in a spoiler tag, since I don't know who's getting into the game thanks to Joker's Smash release, or who plans to get the game if it's ported to the Switch.

I'm concerned about the subplot of there being a poll for who the Phantom Thieves should target next. I'm not sure if the game is going to go in this direction or not, but I'm concerned that it would either fall victim to "guilt by public opinion" (when social media gets in an uproar about someone or accuses someone before it's proven to be true) or straight-up vote manipulation/internet trolling. (when a drink brand like Mountain Dew ran a contest to determine the name of one of its flavours, I think the winner (or at least a high ranking vote) was something insanely offensive and possibly racist)

There seems to be a conspiracy going on that's manipulating the Phantom Thieves into choosing a particular target, but I think the game's been taking an unusually optimistic view about how ordinary people behave on social media.

Also, the social links with Ohya, the journalist, and Ms. Kawakami, the teacher, are downright creepy, between Ohya inviting the underage protagonist to a bar and getting flirty with him, and Joker's teacher being involved in a business with questionable undertones and effectively being blackmailed by Joker as a result.

Morgana left the team and went off on his own; it seems like that's been building up for a while, given how openly hostile Ryuji's been getting with him, and how Morgana's been dealing with feelings of uselessness ever since Makoto and Futaba joined the group, but if my experience with anime is any indication, he'll rejoin the group by the end of this story arc after learning an important lesson about the power of friendship. (and saving the day with a skill that only he can use)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
currently playing tales of symphonia for the first time, just because i had it and i was bored

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’m playing through Spider-Man and Nier: Automata on the PS4 back to back.

On the Switch, I’m playing Final Fantasy VII. Though I have it downloaded on my PS4, playing through the game anywhere on the go is a nice treat.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (GBA)

I'm making it a goal to play through most of the FE games that were actually brought overseas. Apparently this one is a prequel to Binding Blade, which is the 6th game in the series, so I guess I'll bite the bullet and try out a translated version of that whenever I finish this one. I'm currently on Chapter 17 out of...30, I think? So yeah, I still have a ways to go.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Witcher 3. TBH I'm having some trouble getting into it. Even with tutorials there's a ton of stuff to take in and it's hard to remember all the spells. On top of that there's a bunch of stuff about crafting, alchemy and the in game card game. It's all inundating and I haven't played the other 2 games.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I finished Fire Emblem 7 and am now playing through Binding Blade. Pretty tough game in certain sections but still doable so far. I'm currently in chapter 11 out of 25 or so.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
FF12 for Switch. Only the 3rd FF game I've played, started with FF6 and 7. Never beat FF6 (stuck with a bunch of terrible characters I never leveled at endgame. Didn't know I would need to use every character.), recently beat FF7 for the first time. Bit of an insane jump gameplay wise.

Starting off a bit slow story wise, really hoping it picks up. 2x speed option is a godsend when traveling.

D

Deleted member

Persona 2: Innocent Sin. It's definitely different from 3, 4, and 5 but I like it so far.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in preparation for Bloodstained. Currently nearing the end of the Inverted Castle and I can't believe it's taken me so long to actually try and finish this game. It's sooooooo good...

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Been getting back into Bloodborne, figured I’d finally get around to getting that sweet sweet platinum trophy. It’s been fun, been running around with a chain gun and a bit ‘ol smashing wheel and giant monster finger. First real time I’m messing around with arcane too, fun stuff

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater through the HD Collection. I'm on a mission to play through every Metal Gear game I can find.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Currently playing through Xenoblade 2. It has a lot of faults (namely some combat related issues and the mediocre English dub) but overall I'm enjoying it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm playing Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled on my PS4, downloaded it last Friday. I'm also considering DL'ing the new Samurai Shodown although I want to read more reviews first.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I’m juggling multiple games

Persona 5 (for the second time)
Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts 2
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Dragon Quest VIII
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

I find it funny how I started my first playthrough Persona 5 and Dragon Quest VIII on the same day, and it’s been multiple months, yet I haven’t gotten too far into the latter

hazrdous

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3406-7857-4397
I've been playing many games waiting on Phantasy Star Online 2 to release in the States

Dead Cells
SSBU (obviously lol)
Borderlands 2
and Chrono Trigger are the big ones currently

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been replaying Red version with a bit of Stadium 2 in between. Been using my Gold team but once I'm done with red, might train up my Red and Blue teams in case I need to switch things up.

Also went back to Oblivion for the first time in years. Forgot how jank it could be. A lot of combat has been running forward to attack, step back and dodge, rinse and repeat. Also my character had godlike acrobatics and moonjumps everywhere.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Plumber Brothers Building Blocks 2 or whatever the hell it's called is my main game atm.

Currently playing through Xenoblade 2. It has a lot of faults (namely some combat related issues and the mediocre English dub) but overall I'm enjoying it.
I adore the dub for the first Xenoblade and prefer it greatly over the original, so I was really disappointed with how the voice acting turned out in XC2. Sub is the only way to play it IMO...

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Been on a huge Dota 2 Binge atm.

Also been wanting to finish SteamWorld Dig 2 though.

GhostM

Phantom
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. A real classic for any fan of the Paper Mario series. It’s the best game in the entire series imo.

Right now I’m trying to do an all BP run without upgrading my health or FP, which would be 10 HP and 5 FP. It’s difficult to do especially beating all of the bosses and Bonetail. I would have to do perfect action commands to avoid all possible damage, but some enemies are just insanely hard to pull that off. I have done a full BP run before but it was a while back.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. A real classic for any fan of the Paper Mario series. It’s the best game in the entire series imo.
Have you tried the Dried Shroom run? its possibly the dumbest run I've heard of.
You can only purchase and hold Dried Shrooms in your Inventory and you can only Upgrade HP.

GhostM

Phantom
Have you tried the Dried Shroom run? its possibly the dumbest run I've heard of.
You can only purchase and hold Dried Shrooms in your Inventory and you can only Upgrade HP.
No, I don’t think I’ve ever thought about that run before. I guess I thought of it before but I didn’t know that it was a thing. Usually most people in the beginning of chapter 1 would use the pow block against the enemies on top of the statue, but in this run I assume you must input perfect guard commands to kill them?

DorboDIO

Smash Rookie
I've just been playing a lot of smash for 3ds (i don't have a switch so I can't get ultimate :( ) But I do have luigi's mansion dark moon which i have yet to put in my 2ds.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
No, I don’t think I’ve ever thought about that run before. I guess I thought of it before but I didn’t know that it was a thing. Usually most people in the beginning of chapter 1 would use the pow block against the enemies on top of the statue, but in this run I assume you must input perfect guard commands to kill them?
Yup, basically frustrating and not fun, but someone made it a thing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I got bored and started up a new game+ on Persona 5 so I could max out all the confidants.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I just started Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night last night.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I've been playing Eternal Doom lately (the 1997 megawad for Doom II) and having a blast with it. Still an amazing experience despite the mixed reactions people have about it, which mostly has to do with the fact that most of the maps are large and full of puzzling progression.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been going to smashfests, inviting people over to train and really improving in SSBU. I used to scrape top 8 on occasion but lately have gotten top 5, 4 weeks in a row in weeklies. Feeling good.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing Banjo-Tooie on the Xbox 360; my goal is to get 100% completion. I've got 44 Jiggies and 600 notes at this point, and I have access to every level but Cloud Cuckooland and Cauldron Keep.

I've also been playing a bit of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch, though I'm only at the start of those games.

GhostM

Phantom
Still doing the full BP run on Paper Mario TTYD, but still on chapter 7 fighting Magnus von Grapple 2.0. The difficult part about this fight is his use of the cannon which is extremely difficult to guard against. Just noticed this trending and I 100% support this. Sad to see that they’ve changed the formula of paper Mario so much that it’s not as fun as the originals.

5A59BFA0-883E-4E7B-BCE8-0DB85676344B.jpeg

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After like two months of not playing it, I recently went back to playing NieR: Automata on the PS4. Somehow I managed to beat the game and got one ending down. Replaying through the game again for the other endings, though I don't know if I'll get to all of them cuz it's so much of a hassle. Also plan to finish every side mission before the final boss, which I didn't get to do in my first playthrough.

On the Switch, been playing through Darksiders: Warmastered Edition recently before I got Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I'm playing through now.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Currently playing the Black Eagles route of Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Top Bottom