• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Here’s what I have been playing the recent few months:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Mario Maker 2
Mario Tennis Aces
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda - BOTW
Super Mario World
DKC (SNES Version)
DKC 2 (SNES Version)
DK64
Tetris (NES Version)
Tecmo Super Bowl

Right now, I am currently playing Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been playing FFVII Remake every chance I get.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing Persona 4. Looking back on it, this year has been crazy for me in terms of JRPGs - I played through Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7, Dragon Quest 11, and I should be done Persona 4 soon, all for the first time!

I'm not going to give too many details about where I am for spoiler reasons, but I've got the full party now, I've upgraded the Personas for everyone but Teddie (which is part of the plot), Kanji, and Naoto, and I think I've got three more dungeons left counting the one that I'm currently on.

EDIT: scratch that - some kind of glitch deleted my save data, so I lost thirty hours and I'm back at Rise's dungeon. Still, I have a better understanding of how to improve social links now, and I know what side jobs to focus on to improve social stats.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Persona 5 Royal. Just finished Kamoshida's Palace and now just currently living a normal student life until the next target pops up.

The game will definitely keep me busy at least until Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out. And being the Final Fantasy freak that I am, I'm definitely looking forward to turning my attention to that one.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
ACNH and P+ mostly, but I've been thinking about booting up Mario Kart: Double Dash sometime

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Like everyone else on the planet: Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I plan to finish Astral Chain and actually start Luigi's Mansion 3 during this pandemic if I can just stop chilling out in New Horizons for hours at a time.

Prior to the lockdown I was playing Resident Evil 5 but suddenly a game about a virus killing thousands doesn't sound like a fanciful fictional break from the real world.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made it back to roughly where I was in Persona 4 - I just beat the fifth dungeon.

I've also been playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 4. It's an EXTREMELY abridged retelling of the series, and there are plenty of arcs that seem like they'd be a perfect fit for this type of gameplay that were excluded, but it does an excellent job at capturing how chaotic some One Piece arcs can be. (Particularly with Marineford and the short arc that almost immediately follows it)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm 20 hours deep into Persona 5 Royal and have cleared the second Palace. The quality of life changes are very much appreciated and I'm quite enjoying the new content as it's being introduced.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Recently 100% Ori and the Blind Forest! Awesome game! Was quite challenging in some areas but as you gain new powers and abilities the game really starts to become even more fun once you focus more on exploration.

On and off of a Master Mode playthrough of Breath of the Wild (currently working on the DLC stuff)

Also playing through Hollow Knight, started a playthrough a while back but stopped playing at the time, now I'm going through a new playthrough since it was so long since my first. Enjoying this game a lot!

Also finished another playthrough of Samus Returns! Still a good game!

Was researching other metroidvania titles to play as well, though I'm probably going to playthrough Axiom Verge again since the sequel is on the way. Was also thinking of getting Dark Souls or Witcher. We'll see, first I gotta finish Hollow Knight.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've been replaying Tony Hawk's Underground 2 ever since the recent THPS remake announcement. Mostly doing a bunch of classic mode runs while I listen to podcasts.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just reached ending A for Nier Automata - one ending down, and four (main) endings to go! I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, considering that I made most of that progress in the past week. I know very little about the game, so I'm interested to see what will happen in the rest of it.

I've also been playing Persona 3. I find it a bit clunkier than Persona 4, mainly due to the fact that you only control the main character in battle, with the other party members being AI controlled. This led to some deaths that would be completely avoidable if they had made the party members human-controlled like every single RPG since (at least) 1987, and it's a constant drain on my SP since I can only rely on the main protagonist to hit enemy weaknesses, since the AI will sometimes just use a basic attack on enemies even if they can access their weakness. It's a good game, and I like the party members so far (though I have a hard time with liking the social links, since their behaviour ranges from creepy to self-destructive with two exceptions so far), but the decision to remove player control from party members is a baffling one.

I know it's an option in Persona 3 Portable, but I don't have access to that version. (or a PSP, for that matter)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just reached ending A for Nier Automata - one ending down, and four (main) endings to go! I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, considering that I made most of that progress in the past week. I know very little about the game, so I'm interested to see what will happen in the rest of it.

I've also been playing Persona 3. I find it a bit clunkier than Persona 4, mainly due to the fact that you only control the main character in battle, with the other party members being AI controlled. This led to some deaths that would be completely avoidable if they had made the party members human-controlled like every single RPG since (at least) 1987, and it's a constant drain on my SP since I can only rely on the main protagonist to hit enemy weaknesses, since the AI will sometimes just use a basic attack on enemies even if they can access their weakness. It's a good game, and I like the party members so far (though I have a hard time with liking the social links, since their behaviour ranges from creepy to self-destructive with two exceptions so far), but the decision to remove player control from party members is a baffling one.

I know it's an option in Persona 3 Portable, but I don't have access to that version. (or a PSP, for that matter)
Does anyone even like AI party members?

Always turn them off ASAP in DQ.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone even like AI party members?

Always turn them off ASAP in DQ.
Same here, whether it's Dragon Quest or Persona games, but Persona 3 FES doesn't have the option to turn off the AI and let the player control them. (I think it's to make the party members feel like their own people, since this game introduced social links, but it's a dumb move that's a step back from how other RPGs handled it in the 80s)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
About 30 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles DE.

Also have been replaying the Ratchet and Clank series. Completed the first three games but only played a little bit of Gladiator before moving on to Tools of Destruction. If the PS3 port wasn't so bungled I'd have done the whole thing. Kind of torn between just putting up with it again or playing the PS2 version. It is a fun game so hopefully I come to a decision. Regardless, I have Quest for Booty to play next.

Also, aside from the mobile games, it's only the PSP titles and All 4 One that I don't have. I am waiting on a copy of Size Matters to arrive, so hopefully I can get Secret Agent Clank and All 4 One to complete the series.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've finished Endings A and B for Nier Automata, and I've started on the pathway for ending C or D. (not sure which, since I was given a choice between two characters, though I'm guessing C since I picked the first one)

I thought that ending B had some twists towards the end, but the starting of the C route has been a huge shift in the direction of the plot. Then again, some of the twists on route B might not have been twists if I had played Nier or Drakengard - some of the lore from Project Gestalt mentions a dragon and a giant appearing in the year 2003, which seems to describe ending E of Drakengard based on what I know.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Yeah, I'd actually like to play that one day, do love the idea that Adam has a daughter who can kick butt. :)
Yeah, it's really well done. I think the characters are as varied as they've ever been in 4, and Cherry's a great fit. It's a great homage to the originals and a good game in its own right. Definitely check it out sometime!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've been on that new Clubhouse Games kick. Also recently beat NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Been playing Pokemon Sapphire. On the 7th gym, grinding for it right now. In recent news, Lairon evolved.
That's my first Pokémon game! I have tons of cherished memories with Gen 3, I still replay it quite often along with HGSS. Liza&Tate are a nice breath of fresh air as well, with them being a double battle. They definitely should've put more of those in the game.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
That's my first Pokémon game! I have tons of cherished memories with Gen 3, I still replay it quite often along with HGSS. Liza&Tate are a nice breath of fresh air as well, with them being a double battle. They definitely should've put more of those in the game.
I fought Liza and Tate just now and they were a pain to beat. It was actually hard. I only won cause of some nice rng.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've been playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag through the Rebel Collection. It looks really good for a Switch port. Yes it's a 7th gen game but honestly I never thought we would have a system like the Switch where we could play games like this and the Witcher 3 on the go. It's mind blowing and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I'm at 35 hours which is a lot for me, especially these days when I'm constantly jumping from game to game. Aside from some issues with the climbing mechanics the game is solid. It's very fun being a pirate and partaking in navel battles. While the navel combat is simplistic, it's still fun when you keep upgrading your ships and the battles can be intense and thrilling when you are dealing with multiple high level ships during a storm where you have to worry about tidal waves and waterspouts. Some people say the other parts of the game are weak but I disagree. There is multiple ways of sneaking around and assassinating people by jumping off a cliff and impaling them, hiding in a bush and using a whistle to lure enemies, and hiding in closets. The combat is fun and while a bit monotonous it can feel good when you take out a group of enemies by yourself.

Others games I've been playing are Saints Row 3, Clubhouse Games, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and Mega Man Legacy Collection. Saints Row 3 is super crazy and I love it. I played the 4th game a while ago and I had a blast with it, so I'm glad this game is pretty much more of the same. I mean for pete's sake, you have a gun that shoots bait and attracts an underground shark. Yes you read that right, a shark comes out of the ground and eats people.

Clubhouse Games is so much fun and it's great discovering new favorites. My favorite games are 4 in a row, Checkers, Ludo, Air Hockey, Toy Boxing, War, Pig's Tail, Blackjack, and others I'm not thinking of at the moment. The game has personality to it and you can tell this was made with love and care.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is a blast. I honestly don't know much about Gundam and the main reason why I picked this game up was because I played it as a kid and I've been curious about it for a long time now. The gameplay is really satisfying, the music is great, and I can still understand the characters, their motives, and I can get an idea of their history from just the dialogue and their interaction with other characters. Overall a solid game.

As for Mega Man Legacy Collection, I don't have much to say other than I enjoy it and I can totally get what makes these games so special. They are hard but satisfying and it definitely makes me think.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I've been playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag through the Rebel Collection. It looks really good for a Switch port. Yes it's a 7th gen game but honestly I never thought we would have a system like the Switch where we could play games like this and the Witcher 3 on the go. It's mind blowing and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I'm at 35 hours which is a lot for me, especially these days when I'm constantly jumping from game to game. Aside from some issues with the climbing mechanics the game is solid. It's very fun being a pirate and partaking in navel battles. While the navel combat is simplistic, it's still fun when you keep upgrading your ships and the battles can be intense and thrilling when you are dealing with multiple high level ships during a storm where you have to worry about tidal waves and waterspouts. Some people say the other parts of the game are weak but I disagree. There is multiple ways of sneaking around and assassinating people by jumping off a cliff and impaling them, hiding in a bush and using a whistle to lure enemies, and hiding in closets. The combat is fun and while a bit monotonous it can feel good when you take out a group of enemies by yourself.

Others games I've been playing are Saints Row 3, Clubhouse Games, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and Mega Man Legacy Collection. Saints Row 3 is super crazy and I love it. I played the 4th game a while ago and I had a blast with it, so I'm glad this game is pretty much more of the same. I mean for pete's sake, you have a gun that shoots bait and attracts an underground shark. Yes you read that right, a shark comes out of the ground and eats people.

Clubhouse Games is so much fun and it's great discovering new favorites. My favorite games are 4 in a row, Checkers, Ludo, Air Hockey, Toy Boxing, War, Pig's Tail, Blackjack, and others I'm not thinking of at the moment. The game has personality to it and you can tell this was made with love and care.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is a blast. I honestly don't know much about Gundam and the main reason why I picked this game up was because I played it as a kid and I've been curious about it for a long time now. The gameplay is really satisfying, the music is great, and I can still understand the characters, their motives, and I can get an idea of their history from just the dialogue and their interaction with other characters. Overall a solid game.

As for Mega Man Legacy Collection, I don't have much to say other than I enjoy it and I can totally get what makes these games so special. They are hard but satisfying and it definitely makes me think.
If you liked the Mega Man Legacy Collection you should check out the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday and I had a lot of fun with it. Be aware that X6 and X7 are rather controversial games but in my opinion X6 just needs to lower the cheap difficulty while IMHO X7 is just bad since the developers hadn't mastered programming a 2.5/3D style game yet.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If you liked the Mega Man Legacy Collection you should check out the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday and I had a lot of fun with it. Be aware that X6 and X7 are rather controversial games but in my opinion X6 just needs to lower the cheap difficulty while IMHO X7 is just bad since the developers hadn't mastered programming a 2.5/3D style game yet.
I actually already have it. I'm just going through the games in release order.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I hate to say it, but I have been playing more PC games than Switch Games. Notably Rome Total War 1 + 2 and Imperator Rome. For Switch, the Witcher III, NES Collection, Skyrim, and DQ11.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I hate to say it, but I have been playing more PC games than Switch Games. Notably Rome Total War 1 + 2 and Imperator Rome. For Switch, the Witcher III, NES Collection, Skyrim, and DQ11.
Which are your favorites on the NES Collection and nothing wrong with playing more PC games than Switch ones.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Which are your favorites on the NES Collection and nothing wrong with playing more PC games than Switch ones.
LoL, Dr. Mario mostly. I have played most of them. LOZ 1 + 2 plus SMB 1-3 are the obvious choices. I also play Mario Bros, Donkey Kong 1-3, and Ice Climbers. I get lost in Metroid lol.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Both solid choices. I REALLY liked Clubhouse Games on DS, but I haven't bought the new one yet. I take it you're enjoying it?
Answering my own question here. It is good! Great quarantine game. I've spent hours playing these old traditional games with a friend of mine. The "toy" sports games are goofy fun too.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here’s my current list:
Smash Ultimate- My Bowser is getting better, but to win a tournament, I’m going to need to improve my fundamentals.
Uncharted 4-I’m on my second play through right now, and it is a phenomenal game.
Dead Cells-Made it to the second-to-last boss the other day, but not close to beating him. Going to need to do some grinding in order to overcome him and the final boss.
Labor VR kit-would be better if my switch screen wasn’t as dirty as it is, and I haven’t cleaned it in a while.
Minecraft-I sort of just play it every few days.
And I’m looking to pick up The Last Of Us II very soon!

Top Bottom