• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been playing the Gen I Pokemon games. Nearly done with them and will move on to Gen II next.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Thats interesting, in January I literally wrote down the same thing. The only Zelda game I've truly beaten is Ocarina of Time, and I also really want to play through every main Zelda this year. Good on you for already tackling Zelda 1! I should probably get on that soon.
Oh what a coincidence! It's fun to see someone else tackling the games as well. And another coincidence on top of that is the fact that it's Zelda's 35th anniversary, I legitimately forgot when I was planning to play them. Zelda 1 was pretty fun and it really felt like a game that was ahead of its time. I'm sure you'll like it.

My feelings are really mixed on Zelda 2 however. I kind of like the level-up system and it gives the game an RPG-flair to it. But damn is the game in general really frustrating. Though luckily I'm on my way to the 3rd Palace now.

Have fun on your Zelda playthroughs! I'll be glad to hear your thoughts on them once you're done!

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Have fun on your Zelda playthroughs! I'll be glad to hear your thoughts on them once you're done!
Just beat Zelda 1!
20210218_160231.jpg

I really loved this one. Pretty proud of the fact I used very little guides (only to find where the power bracelet was and how to not get lost in the final dungeon) I liked how challenging this was. I died on dungeons 6, 8, and 9 so many times but it was so satisfying tackling them.
Since I don't have a cart atm, I won't be doing Zelda 2 next. I think the next game I want to tackle is Wind Waker, so this one might take a while.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finished playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III on the Switch earlier. A great game and I'm looking forward to the fourth one after it comes out, although I could get the PS4 version right away but I'm too burned out now so I'll wait instead for the Switch version.

Afterwards, I'm gonna continue playing through Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and finish that one.

Also tempted to replay Xenoblade Chronicles 2 following Pyra's/Mythra's Smash reveal.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Played Varth: Operation Thunderstorm and replayed Battle Circuit. Varth's pretty good and I love revisiting one of my favorite beat-em-ups.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (hoping to beat the main story mode before my copy of Persona 5 Strikers comes in) and Yakuza 0. (I'm only on chapter 2; it's fun so far, but I'm not sure about how some of the upgrade systems work)

francisbaud

Smash Rookie
None, but if I had a decent gaming rig I'd probably be playing one of the MMO games I'm following. Last game I've played was Agar.io, a simplistic multiplayer browser-based game, and League of Legends a couple years ago (that was before my laptop starts overheating).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Immortals: Fenix Rising. If you like open world games definitely give this a look. Be aware that it sucks at the start when you have terrible climb speed and mobility but all that can be upgraded after about 20 minutes so it gets better.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I alternate between the Capcom Arcade Collection and Shoot 1up from Mommy's Best Games. It's a neat shmup where you can control up to 30 ships at once.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been alternating between Crash 4: It's About Time on the Switch and God of War (a remaster of the PS2 game; I don't have a PS4) on the PS3.

Crash 4 is what I expected so far, though I've only played as 3/5 of the playable characters. I'm really liking the additions made to the game, between the Modern Mode (where you don't need to worry about lives) and the yellow circle that's underneath Crash when you jump (it can be turned off, but it's helpful to be able to tell where you're going to land, especially when the perspective can be wonky in these games). Also, the levels seem shorter than Crash 1, which is a plus, though maybe they just seem shorter because of the removal of the lives system.

God of War is more subdued than what I was expecting - going by the upgrades menu, I'm nearing the end of the game (I only have one upgrade left), and I've only fought one boss so far. I figured I'd fight a bunch of different monsters/heroes/gods from Greek mythology as boss fights, but maybe that's in the second game. (I'm trying to go into this blind) The gameplay's pretty fun, but it seems like it's trying too hard to seem "mature" (with the gratuitous violence and nudity) only to come across as immature instead. ("trying too hard to seem mature" seemed like a recurring issue in the mid-2000s, at least if this, Shadow the Hedgehog, Vexx, and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within are any indication)

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I recently played Star Fox 64 the other day and it brought back a lot of memories. I am going to play my Nintendo Classic Edition, then my Super Nintendo Classic Edition, and then my Sega Genesis Classic Edition. It's going to be nostalgia mania for the next several weeks.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Stardew Valley. So much Stardew Valley, as well as Crash 4 and Pokémon Black 2

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Just started playing it, nowhere near close to beating it yet. You can really tell how Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi took inspiration from it, the music even sounds similar. So far, it's really good. Wish they would make a newer Mario RPG like this where it doesn't need some type of gimmick, just a good RPG game. Probably my favorite Mario RPG game so far.
:geno::geno::geno:

Also soon will be playing Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, as I ordered that a few days ago.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Just started playing it, nowhere near close to beating it yet. You can really tell how Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi took inspiration from it, the music even sounds similar. So far, it's really good. Wish they would make a newer Mario RPG like this where it doesn't need some type of gimmick, just a good RPG game. Probably my favorite Mario RPG game so far.
:geno::geno::geno:

Also soon will be playing Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, as I ordered that a few days ago.
The Mario and Luigi series music sounds similar to SMRPG because they were both composed by Yoko Shimomura.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Been playing a ton of Nioh 2. I’m pretty picky when it comes to soulslike games, but everything about Nioh 2 appeals to me. Unlike the first Nioh, its sequel is much better balanced and has a far smoother difficulty curve. It’s hard, but almost every death feels fair and I never feel too discouraged to keep going. The gameplay doesn’t take too long to get the hang of, and understanding all of the game’s systems is very rewarding. Every time I change my weapon, it’s like I’m playing a whole new game. The amount of depth within Nioh’s gameplay is astounding. I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys difficult games with tons of content and unique mechanics to explore.

I’ve also been enjoying Pac-Man 99. Tetris 99 was my **** for a long time and is probably my all time favorite version of Tetris (sorry Tetris effect I still love you). Pac-Man 99 is very similar. I don’t know if I’ve ever had this much fun playing a version of Pac-Man. It’s so chaotic and weird and extremely addicting. Just like Tetris 99, matchmaking is super quick, so it’s very easy to pick yourself back up after a loss. All in all, it’s Pac-Man. Just much crazier and with 98 other people. What’s not to love?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm currently trying to catch every single Pokemon one generation at a time.
I'm playing Let's Go Eevee right now since I was getting tired of Red and Blue on virtual console, and really wanted to catch Kangaskhan and Tauros outside of the accursed Safari Zone. Plus, I ordered the Poke Ball Plus so I can legitimately catch my own Mew.

At the moment, I have only 5 Pokemon left to catch in Generation 1, those being Mew and the Trade Evolutions. I have a friend who's gonna do the trades with me so they can evolve, but I have to wait until she fixes her 3DS first, since the only generation we both currently own is 7.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Earthbound, Killer Instinct, Wildbusters: Heroes of Titan, and watching Ace Attorney Investigations 2

BallZ

Smash Cadet
I'm currently trying to catch every single Pokemon one generation at a time.
I'm playing Let's Go Eevee right now since I was getting tired of Red and Blue on virtual console, and really wanted to catch Kangaskhan and Tauros outside of the accursed Safari Zone. Plus, I ordered the Poke Ball Plus so I can legitimately catch my own Mew.

At the moment, I have only 5 Pokemon left to catch in Generation 1, those being Mew and the Trade Evolutions. I have a friend who's gonna do the trades with me so they can evolve, but I have to wait until she fixes her 3DS first, since the only generation we both currently own is 7.
You thought Kangaskhan and Tauros were bad in the safari zone? Now try getting a Dratini from there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You thought Kangaskhan and Tauros were bad in the safari zone? Now try getting a Dratini from there.
Dratini isn't even that uncommon to find and since it's encountered by fishing, you can sit in one spot and not worry about the timer going down.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Currently playing Subnautica!

Loving it so far! Openworld-exploration, survival, resource management, alien wildlife, intriguing lore

Top Bottom