• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have been playing a lot of strategy games on Steam, online lately. They include:

Rome Total War Remastered
Europa Universalis 4
Stellaris
Victoria II
Heart of Iron IV

Kind of far off from the games people usually play on these forums...

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Gotten pretty deep into Hollow Knight, I feel like I'm maybe 2/3-ish through the game now.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I'm playing Mushihimesama and a Turbografx-16 mini I got for my birthday. Fave games on the mini are Blazing Lasers, Lords of Thunder, and Air Zonk.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm going through the entire Metroid series again thanks to Dread, with some of these games being the first time I've ever played them (Prime Hunters, Pinball, Other M, and Federation Force). Already completed the original numbered entries (saving Zero Mission and Samus Returns for later) and I'm currently working my way through Metroid Prime.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Psychonauts 2. I have waited at least fifteen years for this game to get a sequel, and I am loving every minute of this playthrough so far. (the controls can be a bit clunky at times, though I'm playing on mouse and keyboard since that's how I played the original - it might be better with a controller)

I've pre-ordered No More Heroes 3, so I'll likely be playing that on Friday. (unless I'm still playing Psychonauts 2)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Rare Replay.

Decided to at least unlock all the featurettes aside from the cut music tracks. Need to rank up two more times to get the last two cancelled game videos.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got quite a handful of games I‘m currently playing on Steam at the moment. Constantly switching around between games like Monster Hunter World, Grand Theft Auto V, Metro Exodus, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a couple more I haven’t started yet. I recently finished Tales of Zestiria plus the DLC chapter and I plan to start on Tales of Berseria soon afterwards. So yeah, there you have it.

On the Switch, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition and Monster Hunter Rise.

I also had recently started using my 3DS again and plan to play most of the games I have plus the VC games as well.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Persona 4 Golden.

I'm currently making an optional visit to the first dungeon I cleared so I can grind some levels/money and challenge the secret Shadow at the end. That being said, it's kinda kicking my ass, so I may have to return some other time once I'm even stronger so I can actually survive his Rampage skill.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i've been kinda addicted to City Trial in Kirby Air Ride lately

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lately, I've been bouncing between three games:

-Dead By Daylight: Halloween prompted me to pick this back up. I've had pretty good luck so far - I got three rare achievements today (one for winning a game using the Doctor and all of his unique perks, and two others for killing all survivors (rather than putting them on the hooks) with Tier 3 Michael Myers - less than 2% of players on Steam have the Myers-specific achievement or the Doctor one, so I'm pretty proud of those)

-Kingdom Hearts 2 - I'm on what I think is the second half of the game; I'm revisiting most of the worlds to battle individual members of Organization XIII.

-Metroid Dread: I really should play this more often than I have (I probably would have beaten it by now), but most days seem to take care of themselves thanks to work. I'm in the second area of the game.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
G-Darius, my boyfriend loved this game and ever since I became a Darius series fan I've always wanted to play it. Now that I have I can see why people love it. :)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Metroid Dread: I think I'm about halfway through the game? Maybe 2/3 - I just got the Ice Missiles and double jump. I think I'm getting the timing down for parrying the EMMIs (I can't do it consistently, but there was one chase where I parried them about two or three times), though they're still hard to avoid.

Also, I've been playing through King of Fighters 15 - still trying out the various canon teams before I start mixing and matching characters, but it's fun so far, and thankfully, the inputs don't seem as complicated as past KOF games (no 360 motions or Pretzel motions from what I've seen, though I haven't played as the grapplers yet).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just got past a chapter in Super Robot Wars W that was pretty fun.

The plot was dealing with the finale of the anime Nadesico, and in the middle of it the villains from Voltron come crashing the party, after the party and the villains of the chapter talk one of the Nadesico characters responds with something like "It might be some silly kid show, but it taught us what justice is all about!"
And then the main protagonist of Nadesico gets all fired up and talks down to prince Lotor all like "The Galra invasion ends here!!" And then the entire party starts talking in a fired up hot blooded old timey anime protagonist way while the theme of the fictional anime that the protagonist of Nadesico is a fanboy of plays as the battle music.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax remaster coming out in a few days, I've been playing Persona 3. I doubt I'll be able to beat it in that time frame (I'm at the part where the main cast is going to rescue Fuuka, who I think is the character who takes over the navigator duties full-time while Mitsuru joins the party - I don't think Fuuka's playable in P4AU), but it makes for a good refresher.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Been on a huge Indie kick since I've read HG 101's Guide to Retro Indie's vol 2. Played Hypnospace Outlaw, Coffee Talk, and Saturday Morning RPG. They're all pretty good with Hypnospce becomig one of my new favorites. I love the idea of a 90s internet simulator that has some awesome worldbuilding not to mention the awesome Chowder Man. ;)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't beaten Super Mario 64 before, so I'm focusing on that whenever I have free time.

I just beat the second Bowser fight; I was surprised that it only took one hit to beat him. I wasn't a fan of the second set of levels (Lethal Lava Land lives up to its name, and the fact that the second star in Hazy Maze Cave is "find all of the Red Coins!" is annoying since I have no idea how to get around the level, let alone enough knowledge of it to find all of the Red Coins), but I've unlocked the door in the lobby, so I'm looking forward to seeing what levels are in the third set and what they're like. (I like what I've played of Dire Dire Docks, at least)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm back on Monster Hunter Rise in anticipation of the Sunbreak expansion releasing soon.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't beaten Super Mario 64 before, so I'm focusing on that whenever I have free time.

I just beat the second Bowser fight; I was surprised that it only took one hit to beat him. I wasn't a fan of the second set of levels (Lethal Lava Land lives up to its name, and the fact that the second star in Hazy Maze Cave is "find all of the Red Coins!" is annoying since I have no idea how to get around the level, let alone enough knowledge of it to find all of the Red Coins), but I've unlocked the door in the lobby, so I'm looking forward to seeing what levels are in the third set and what they're like. (I like what I've played of Dire Dire Docks, at least)
SM64 is such an iconic game it's worth beating just to have the experience.

I finally got a PS5 and am playing Elden Ring.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Hitman (2016) - I had a lot of fun with it, trying out different disguises and seeing what I could get away with. (Among other things, I had Agent 47 give a surprisingly good drumming audition, and had him uncover a conspiracy straight out of Zoolander) I'm glad that the game lets you save any time that you aren't in combat (and if it reaches that point, then you've probably screwed up badly) - it makes it a lot easier to fix your mistakes. (Though from what I've seen, saves are limited on higher difficulties)

I'm going to continue with Mario 64 (currently at 35 stars), and I'm looking forward to playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge when that comes out in a few days.

Last edited:

Rizzo12

Smash Rookie
I'm actually having a lot of fun with the broken mess called Battlefield 2042. I'm mostly playing with a friend and we're having our moments running around with those bulletproof shields, cornering enemies in elevators and watching them desperately try to kill us before they end up blowing themselves up.

______

https://apix-drive.com/en/wise

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I played a lot of games on fightcade, but I was mostly playing third strike (that tbh is what most people plays in that platform). I'm improving with Makoto and Akuma.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing through Hitman 2 - I like how they seem to give the player a wider variety of ways to accomplish a goal - so far, I've blown someone off of a roof with a giant fan, crashed a train into a target's headquarters, and dressed up as a realtor to give an unnecessarily thorough tour of a house before demonstrating its security system with a one-liner.

(Also, the realtor sidequest is great - it involves Agent 47 using the full extent of his assassin training to try and figure out how normal people use houses, and he doesn't quite get it)

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
After the 3DS closure announcement I immediately got ace attorney spirit of justice since it’s the only game in the series I haven’t played and I’ve been playing it recently.
I have no way to play Dual Destinies 😭😭😭 but I love Ace Attorney
I picked Wolfenstein the New Order from the Epic Games sales, gonna play the game again.
I'm trying to get into Wolfenstein. Been using DOS emulators in browser, treating the classics like Dinner and the games I bought in the steam summer sale as dessert. Bought Payday 1 & 2 and Mighty Fight Federation (It has ToeJam & Earl and YookaLaylee)

Top Bottom