• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Does EC Think of Brawl+?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I wish I could make a poll >.<

From what I have gathered, there is a good chunk of players that have shown an interest in Brawl+. Ranging from randoms, to PR people, even to the Melee community.

So, I was wondering, what do you think of Brawl+? Do you love it and want side tourneys? Or do you hate it and think we should focus on regular Brawl? Also, no "just play Melee" posts. We all know, and we all agree :laugh:

Personally, I freaking love comboing people with Falcon and resting bitches with Jiggs. Hopefully if there's enough people that agree with me, we could get some side tourneys going on at both Brawl and Melee tournaments.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i don't like that so many things were changed

if you changed things like damage of moves instead of physics that would be much better

example lets say you dont like MKs torando you could just make the move do half damage then it'd be better but you change all the physics so getting used to it would make you bad at normal brawl. I'm not the only one who feels like this but I feel this strongly.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
How I got M2K's thoughts on Brawl+ as a first post...I shall never know.

I kind of agree with you though. You're suggesting pure balance, whereas Brawl+ is more like a completely different game from Brawl. Different physics, more hitstun, dashdancing, no lag, crouch cancelling etc. Makes it a totally different game from Brawl. I think the main thing they were aiming for, however, was for combos to make a return, and in order to do that, the physics had to be changed...

And it does make you bad at regular Brawl lol. It felt ******** playing regular Brawl after playing hours of B+

Someone should totally make a new Brawl with no physics changes, but more balanced movesets, no Pokemon Trainer stamina, no grab release bs on Wario, and frozen stages like Wario Ware and PS2. Shit would be godly.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
And make MK slightly worse.

Oh, and I <3 Mario's combos in B+.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I like it but no official tournaments should be held. People shouldnt have to hack their wii to 'improve' a totally fine game in itself and participate in serious competition. Should be kept as side tourneys or whatever.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
I like it since I can play Luigi again XD (played Luigi in Melee). It's nice to combo the **** out of Gi again lol. I think it takes a bit of getting used to and people who only played it like once or twice probably won't like it until they play it more. Also, you probably shouldn't play your regular Brawl mains in Brawl+ because it will confuse you. I can't play Peach in Brawl+ XD.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
I can see where you are going with how it makes you worse at normal brawl. It's the same for melee though. If there is a brawl tourny with a melee side event, of course playing one will make you suck at the other. Just think of them as two different games and it won't be bad. Just play like 5 friendlies before the tourny and you'll be back to normal.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ is better than brawl already as a fighter with the current physics.
However the biased buffs and nerfs on characters are the biggest problem I think people wont want to have to put up with.
Its already been said that there's a Bowser, Falcon, and Ivy main on the devopment team.
Look what they put in: astupid Fsmash for bowser, a better than melee knee, and a wannabe Falco/squritle/olimar.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you can apply to brawl+ backroom like you can for the normal ones. If one of the pros think something isn't right, you can join and try to change things.

shanus

Smash Hero
Brawl+ is better than brawl already as a fighter with the current physics.
However the biased buffs and nerfs on characters are the biggest problem I think people wont want to have to put up with.
Its already been said that there's a Bowser, Falcon, and Ivy main on the devopment team.
Look what they put in: astupid Fsmash for bowser, a better than melee knee, and a wannabe Falco/squritle/olimar.
Uh.... I think thirtyfour wins at the most clueless poster award highlighting like 3 changes for 3 characters out of like 50 others. If you have beef, post it in the character threads or the plussery

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Uh.... I think thirtyfour wins at the most clueless poster award highlighting like 3 changes for 3 characters out of like 50 others. If you have beef, post it in the character threads or the plussery
How this thread was posted in Canada instead of North/South eastern boards is about the only thing i dont get.
I gave 3 examples of changes people wont agree with.
Im not the only one that talked about them in the past
I gave my thoughts on brawl+
Please stay on topic

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I like their original concept of making brawl a more competitive game. But, alot of the people leading the code agenda are ex-melee players, and chances are that its the only fighter theyve played competitively. So, in reality theyre just making it more like melee. For example, adding falcon's reverse-able knee isnt making the game more competitive.... just copying an attribute melee has.

Some changes have no validity to them. Take out Dedede's chaingrab, but then give snake a 40% chaingrab on Dedede, that leads into an Aerial/uptilt. The constant change of moveset properties is a problem, yet inevitable.

But the biggest, and only real problem i have is that it is not accessible to people who dont want to hack their wii.

Gichan

Smash Champion
This game is beast, combos are back, people can play who they want, soo fun as it is much more fast-paced, and comebacks galore.

Cons; people may not want to have to get an sd card, i mean why spend money when you already did for brawl? Some things are overpowered already like ivy can utilt to uair, if you are at like 70% you can potentially be owned.

but whatever, I love it

And michelle, you suck, next time I'll pwn your Luigi.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
The previous 2 posts own...

but I guess I'll add somethign constructive now:

When I'm getting uair'ed 6 times by MK why can't I DI?

This leads to MK getting basically free 6 uairs into an unavoidable nado >_>

Then when I'm getting dthrow -> nair -> knee by C falcon same problem I can't DI it...

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to put another game in the circuit, what about SF4?
I know a handful of GTAN brawlers also play that.
Just throwing it out there.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Brawl+ is a great idea, its still being worked on lets give it time before we deem it a failure, my only gripe with it is that movement doesnt feel right when i play it, but yeah its still lots of fun

nickcam

Smash Ace
My opinion is that it made metaknight better. I didn't think that was possible. Who was the person who didn't realize that giving metaknight hitstun would make him god lol.

shanus

Smash Hero
My opinion is that it made metaknight better. I didn't think that was possible. Who was the person who didn't realize that giving metaknight hitstun would make him god lol.
His knockback suffers dramatically (downsmash and upB), ranged hitboxes made smaller, whorenado cannot change altitude, uair slowed down, etc.

A lot of chars are seemingly able to beat him.

Also, KirbyKaze, care to elaborate?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This pretty much sums it up.
You played Brawl+ once and believe Ike is the best character in the game. Sorry Ben but I don't think you have enough insight on Brawl+ to come to a conclusion like that. Maybe Ryan is just a really good Ike.

Anyway, personally I love Brawl+. Very few things would make me happier than seeing the competitive Brawl community make a full transition to Brawl+. That won't happen though so seeing Brawl+ added as another event at tournaments is just as good.

For all the haters who keep saying to just play Melee (looking at Mikey); there are a lot of things Brawl+ has that Melee doesn't. Most importantly, I don't have to give myself crippling Carpal Tunnel just to play the game competently. There's also the issue of characters...maybe I want to play Dedede, Diddy, TL, PT, or Pit; well I can't play them in Melee. Don't get me wrong, I love Melee and that's actually all I'm playing right now to get ready for my upcoming tournament, but there are things that Brawl+ has that are clearly better.

As far as balance goes, it took almost a year for people to stop saying "it's too early" regarding Brawl tier lists, so do you really think it's not too early to decide on where Brawl+ balance sits at? The only way we'll really know is with Brawl+ tournaments.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
+ 1 for 3S.

My only complaint about Brawl+ is that Ganon is TP mode, he needs to be OoT Ganon, and auto L cancel (discourages flawless execution).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If I want to play Dr Mario then I can't play him in brawl now can I.
That's not an issue for those of us who just want to play Brawl+. Melee is openly available to anyone who wants to play Doc, Roy, Mewtwo, or Pichu.

Seriously, there's no reason Melee, Brawl, and Brawl+ can't coexist.

J.L

Smash Ace
we should start a brawl side tourney and see how things go from there. A lot of people are speculating brawl+ without having a real good sense on where it stands competitively.

There seems to be a lot of people who are supportive or at least neutral with brawl+, so it shouldnt be a problem to gather a decent amount of ppl. Lets get this **** started soon!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
They keep churning out updates every other week so it's kind of hard to see what the metagame is like, I think.
Well, they're gonna leave the 4.0 Beta out for a while from what I understand, so we could start having some 4.0 side tourneys I guess.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
On the subject of "churned out," "incredibly idiotic changes," I'd like to point out that for as many changes as we've made, we've rejected even more following testing and discussion within our growing community.

If there's anything you don't like, write it all down and tell us. We'll listen. This is a community project, so if you don't like the direction it's taking but decide not to get involved, you can only blame yourself.

----------

@Kr3man, I don't know if you're aware or not, but one of the projects the WBR will investigate more thoroughly following Brawl+'s gold release is adding in characters including (but not limited to) Roy and Dr. Mario. Of course, balancing the characters we currently have is our first priority. PM me if you have questions -- let's avoid clogging this thread.

@Uber Mage, how much have you played Brawl+? Your (arguably erroneous) conclusion that Ike is the best character in the game leads me to believe you should give it a little more time.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
It's ok. It still feels a lot like Brawl and has a lot of failures lol. Peach is kinda fun. Marth is too I guess.
MK still seems to be the best. Without CC jabs are way too good. I dunno if you can jump off the ledge while invincible, if you can in Brawl+ that would be a big plus.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
On the subject of "churned out," "incredibly idiotic changes," I'd like to point out that for as many changes as we've made, we've rejected even more following testing and discussion within our growing community.

If there's anything you don't like, write it all down and tell us. We'll listen. This is a community project, so if you don't like the direction it's taking but decide not to get involved, you can only blame yourself.

just wonderin, do ic's chain-grabs still work?
+1 respect points for strangelove

Mikey7

Smash Lord
A big problem with it is the fact that as soon as they "fix" something, something else comes up. Add hitstun? More CGs are added.

JL: There will be a Brawl+ side tourney at my event...even though I hate it, a lot of you guys still want to give it a shot so its cool with me

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The nice thing about the CG's in Brawl+ is they don't work at every % like Dedede's CG in vBrawl, and most of them can at least be DI'ed so that your opponent has to read your DI to get the re-grab. It's a lot like Marth's uthrow CG in Melee.

Top Bottom