• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I'm impressed we managed to get to 159 posts before we heard this response.
Same here. I waited for that >_>;;

Anyway, as a girl, I must say that what MASAHIROx said, is true, but only if it's about sexual nature. There are, _of course_, a lot of other criteria which are way more important. For example the usual stuff: Everyone desires someone good looking, it doesn't mean you are going to fall in love with someone good looking. If we are talking about the body, I'd say hygiene is also important, at least to a certain degree. If we are talking about characterics, I'd say being honest and true to oneself and the most important, NOT being a jerk, are the main things I'm looking for in a guy. I didn't get lucky with my significant other though, life is full of surprises, most of them being bad. >_>

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I skipped senrior prom as well. Used the money on a bracelet ffor my sweetheart and the rest went to the Disney World trip savings:). I'll be posting pictures of that after summer:).

Perhaps if I would have been single, and had plenty of girl-friends, I would have gone, but anyway. I'm happy with what was chosen instead^_^.

And Livvers, I believe GhostAnime was being a tad bit too subjective<_<..

Repryx

Smash Champion
Im goin with two dates...who are staying @ my house tht night!

but im not tryna get nothin done tho lolz

-Ciao

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
wow you guys missed out. senior prom only happens once in your life.

well if you don't have any friends at your school thats another story i guess....
even if i did, i dont need to spend hundreds of dollars just to play dress-up with them.

And Livvers, I believe GhostAnime was being a tad bit too subjective<_<..
well, maybe i made a few assumptions, but you dont need the prom to get closer to somebody you like. especially if its months away.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^its true...but its still fun!

BTW a Girl wants a Guy who Works it Harder, Makes it Better, Does it Faster, and Makes her Stronger.

-Ciao

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i worried about asking a girl to prom for the longest time.

and then just randomly in class a close girlfriend of mine was just like "hey *******, why haven't you asked me yet!?'

problem solved. ^_^

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
well, maybe i made a few assumptions, but you dont need the prom to get closer to somebody you like. especially if its months away.
Meh, it's a great way to get close to them. The actual night. Party hard, let the evening take its course..ect.

Anyway, I'm not going to criticize her for not being similar to me or whatever. People react to things differently, obviously. Perhaps this'll have her try different approaches and give out new hints, or could simply turn her lez and go "guys are all the same, blah blah." That happens in high school more than not.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Meh, it's a great way to get close to them. The actual night. Party hard, let the evening take its course..ect.

Anyway, I'm not going to criticize her for not being similar to me or whatever. People react to things differently, obviously. Perhaps this'll have her try different approaches and give out new hints, or could simply turn her lez and go "guys are all the same, blah blah." That happens in high school more than not.
sure everybody reacts different but thats a little too extreme over a silly party for my tastes.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Be other people...you know the ones who get girls

oh and I think being able to talk is important

but really... be other people

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Wow i'm surprised people read my silly rant, i hadn't even come to check because i thought it would go unnoticed. I was really pissed at that time and had no one to talk to and besides its not the first time he does that.

so, marie, simply because your friend wont take you to a silly party due to a possibilty of being busy is an excuse to hate him?

why is it so important? why not get to learn more about the guy and actually just date him? if you truly liked him, you wouldnt hate him for not taking you to a prom.
"well, maybe i made a few assumptions, but you dont need the prom to get closer to somebody you like. especially if its months away. "

^First of all, he was not going as my date just as my friend, i was not really using it as an excuse to get closer to him. Its been months since he came to something i invited him to (and i took it all out on that post) because he always says he is busy, but when he invites me to go someplace i almost always say yes and even if i have something else to do i'll work it out. I really don't have a lot of friends in my school and i was angry because i know myself and i bet i will be whinny that day because he isn't around.
My other friends are the kind of guys that will sit in a corner the whole night and do nothing because they can't dance and my crush is the kind of guy who will play pranks on people because he can't dance well, i'm obviously going to miss that...

Anyways i don't hate him, i was just pissed but i do hate his fake promises.

Its too bad you see prom as a silly party, i see it as my last day of being a high school student and it does hurt me that he also said something like lets just go to the movies or something some other day... He dealt with it like if it was your average weekend thing which he usually tells me "no, i'm busy or yes" then some time after he says yes he says i'm busy sorry. I'm really getting fed-up of him. At first i thought he was trying to ditch me but his friends got fed-up of him too because he always says he is busy. Some of his friends are friends of a friend of mine (whoa) and we all used to go to the movies but no one invites my crush anymore because they say they don't want to waste time on someone who always says no, and he was usually the only one i talked to, i kind of feel like a third wheel with those other guys so i don't go anymore...

Quote: "What are his other plans, anyways?"

He didn't want to tell me, but its probably some nerdy academic contest that he doesn't want to speak of... He seems to like those a lot... btw i don't say nerdy in a bad way pssh i'm a nerd, in my senior skip day most of my class was at a beach drinking booze and i was with another 3 guys playing brawl and drinking soda and after that we went to see Harold and Kumar 2... or he has to play piano in a concert.

When did you ask him out?
Like 4 or 5 days before i wrote that post... He first said he had an SAT the day before but that he was clear on that day and promised to go.

I know people will laugh at me but i'll say this- i have horrible social skills and am VERY shy except when i'm in the internet, i hardly ever show my true personality to people, especially when i like someone. I've never had a boyfriend, yes i've had proposals from most of my friends that are boys...(don't feel sorry for them, most of them found other gfs soon) But i don't like them, that is why i was able to be myself around them. My friend is the only crush i've ever had with who i can actually be myself that is why i didn't give up on him.:urg:
and Yeah i know i need to grow up already i'm 17 and too old for this i get that **** from my parents every week, i don't need anyone to tell me that.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
GIRLS FAIL they like good looking guys and guys with a 6 pack ect.
and if there was a guy 4SS ugly they could carel less about there well being.

im not gay this just come from years of observasions ect.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
not at all.
:grrr:you know nothen about me
I read what you wrote before you edited it and you seem like a nice guy...

You seem to think girls go for @$$holes, maybe you have some sort of past trauma and act like one to seem more "attractive" but not all girls like that. Try to be yourself, meh i for one can't seem to do that, i am highly sarcastic and sentimental and i get scared to hurt people or that they hurt me.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I read what you wrote before you edited it and you seem like a nice guy...

You seem to think girls go for @$$holes, maybe you have some sort of past trauma and act like one to seem more "attractive" but not all girls like that.
o i see. uhh yea now i got nothen 2 say. i guess it was just the people i hung around with back then.

orintemple

Smash Lord
o i see. uhh yea now i got nothen 2 say. i guess it was just the people i hung around with back then.
it's mostly just the younger girls who are like that, once they become true women they tend to go mroe for the passionate, sweet, romantic guy. Of course that is not always the case, nothing in life is clear cut.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
it's mostly just the younger girls who are like that, once they become true women they tend to go mroe for the passionate, sweet, romantic guy. Of course that is not always the case, nothing in life is clear cut.
oo
uhh yea. this conversation ends right here 4 me because i think i cant extend my conversation :embarrass

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well, um.... this girl asked me out, but I don't want to go out with her. She's not only ugly, but she's also stupid and I'm kinda interested in her best friend. What do I do? I also was planning on asking her friend out instead.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well, um.... this girl asked me out, but I don't want to go out with her. She's not only ugly, but she's also stupid and I'm kinda interested in her best friend. What do I do? I also was planning on asking her friend out instead.
Oh snap this does not end well for you.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Something that always pisses me off is how guys complain that girls always go for the douchebags or have no feelings, etc.

Well, excuuuuuse me, princess!
While you guys are chasing cheap perfume. Yeah, you heard that right. Guys always love to go for the sluts and the big boobs while all the nice good girls seem to be just acquaintances because of that crap. The girls worth chasing do not go for the *******s because they're smart enough to know better.
Oh yeah, buurn. Stop chasing the bimbos and you'll do fine. Unfortunately society seems to say that the stupider the woman is, (and of course the easier to control) the more attractive.
So when guys finally realize that they were chasing cheap perfume and that it was a scam/not worth it/sought out it's own kind they all start using getting dumped as an excuse to be a misogynistic pieces of **** and bawling
"omg all girls are and want the jerks!!11oneoneone"
Meanwhile, the decent girls who've had crushes on these guys since forever go

because they've been practically waving their arms for a long time going "HEEY! I'M OPEN HERE AND I'VE GOT PERSONALITY!!"
Yeah, of course I totally had to facewall when I read over this thread.

It is kind of funny though. Good girls like good guys, good guys like bad girls, bad girls like bad guys, and bad guys eventually marry good girls because by that point no one else can stand them (my parents, for ex).

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Something that always pisses me off is how guys complain that girls always go for the douchebags or have no feelings, etc.

Well, excuuuuuse me, princess!
While you guys are chasing cheap perfume. Yeah, you heard that right. Guys always love to go for the sluts and the big boobs while all the nice good girls seem to be just acquaintances because of that crap. The girls worth chasing do not go for the *******s because they're smart enough to know better.
Oh yeah, buurn. Stop chasing the bimbos and you'll do fine. Unfortunately society seems to say that the stupider the woman is, (and of course the easier to control) the more attractive.
So when guys finally realize that they were chasing cheap perfume and that it was a scam/not worth it/sought out it's own kind they all start bawling
"omg all girls just want the jerks!!11oneoneone"
Meanwhile, the decent girls who've had crushes on these guys since forever go

because they've been practically waving their arms for a long time going "HEEY! I'M OPEN HERE AND I'VE GOT PERSONALITY!!"
Yeah, of course I totally had to facewall when I read over this thread.

It is kind of funny though. Good girls like good guys, good guys like bad girls, bad girls like bad guys, and bad guys eventually marry good girls because by that point no one else can stand them (my parents, for ex).
Epic win right there. I will not say that all the guys are like this, but you're right on certain points. The question is: Does this post really change anything in a forum mainly dominated by guys? :/ I don't think many will understand your post, that's the problem.

But I want to say that I'm one of the girls you've mentioned, those with personality, and I was always ignored too. Now, I've got a boyfriend and all, but he's a total *** and I just quit him because frankly, he didn't understand me at all. This makes me mad. Someone with only half the brain and double the sluttiness would certainly get a boyfriend immediately. Am I forced to act like that to get one too? Hell no, if it's like that: I'd rather have no one, thank you!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Epic win right there. I will not say that all the guys are like this, but you're right on certain points. The question is: Does this post really change anything in a forum mainly dominated by guys? :/ I don't think many will understand your post, that's the problem.
Of course not all guys are like this, and when they're not they're just considered "lucky" or some bull like that when they do get a good girlfriend. *coughnotcough*

Anyway, high-five for epic justice!

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Of course not all guys are like this, and when they're not they're just considered "lucky" or some bull like that when they do get a good girlfriend. *coughnotcough*

Anyway, high-five for epic justice!
I know you didn't generalize ;) I understood. Anyway, *high-fives back*

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
marie, i probably would have dealt with it like an average weekend too. i dont need 'last day of high school' to have a good time with a crush.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^Again i never said i needed that because i can only have a good time at that... We all just have different opinions. and its just that i'm really tired of his no,no,no,no.

And Reyairia that first paragraph was an epic win. :laugh: I've had 2 @$$holes tell me things like this-

Hey baby, you would look so sexy wearing a mini-skirt if you wear one i'll date you and i got lots of money come chill' over at my place!

I got so extremely pissed, i said something like go to hell you f***ing b******* to both of them. :laugh:

btw I said i'd been asked "would you like to be my gf" before but those 2 obviously don't count. :laugh:

First of all, do not date someone you find unattractive for pity... Those really don't end well... I've seen it happen to some friends of mine and its just bad...:ohwell:

The problem is, the one you like might not be willing to go out with you because she would hurt her friend's feelings... On the other hand she might not give a **** and date you...

One evil thing you could do is say no to the ugly girl but be her friend to get closer to the other one. (Ouch) but if the one you like is really tight with that other girl and smart she will see through that and you'll be doomed.:psycho:

The best thing to do is probably to say no "nicely" to the one you don't like so her friend doesn't see you as an @$$hole and wait a bit before asking her friend out... I mean just don't ask her out on the same day...:p

Something similar happened to some of my friends before and the girls broke their friendship...(I was friends with the 3 of them but the dumped girl had a knack for using people and lying all the time so i really wanted to get the hell away from her.) The guy won in the end. He just waited for some weeks and asked her out.

Another thing i would suggest is that, if you win the girl you like, introduce some male friends of yours to the other one somehow, that way she might get a crush on some other guy and forget about you. Plus if they hook up you will be on her good side and remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even if you think she is ugly one of your friends might think she is the best girl ever.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
And Reyairia that first paragraph was an epic win. :laugh:
Woot!
And I'm not necessarily referring to misogynistic trash, I'm referring to guys that would otherwise be awesome if they didn't chase sluts and complain that all girls are like that.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Woot!
And I'm not necessarily referring to misogynistic trash, I'm referring to guys that would otherwise be awesome if they didn't chase sluts and complain that all girls are like that.
Yeah i got it,:) there are lots of those... but i just felt like speaking of trash to give a good laugh to some people.:bee:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
All these posts keeping backing up my claim; "It's harder to find a nice guy than a nice girl."

Oui?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^Well maybe in this thread but around here most of my friends are guys because most girls in my school are evil... O_o

Top Bottom