• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

The Masked Z

Smash Cadet
Active Disinterest can catch attention of girls, but being too indifferent and having her chase you the whole time, funny thing is that she may at first think you are gay. But hey, there girls that like gay guys, so have fun with that.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm odd here. Being a guy, I never have drank, done drugs, or had sex, nor do I really want any of it (at least sex can wait for now). When I get really intrested, I never ask until I figure out that I know them well enough, and by then, my mind will tell me yes or no. How do I do this?

-Be Honest (Compliments Too!)
-Listen To Everything She Says
-Care (Don't try this unless you actually can. This isn't something to BS.)
-Comfort and Support
-Give a taste-test of everything about you, don't hide some.
-At least have a discussion about relationships, and also about ideologies. You can't deal with people when you can't stand their ideals.

I watch how they react, and make sure I keep it remembered, because if I learn the sign language, it might lead me to find out what the intent is. As for if they are good, it's pretty much whether or not I feel it would work. I'm very moral-bound and very idealistic, as well as strongheaded, so I'm a toughie.

Figure out your ways of finding what's good in guys/girls, and see if it seems reasonable. Diving in seems like suicide if you want something static.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
LOL I didn't like my crush at first but he started like-

"A way to approach a girl's heart is not by being friends, but being friendly, but trying to form a "special" relationship, let her know you like her company, if you show a sense of humor and a desire to help her if she ever needs it you will easily get close."

I wonder where that version of him went... >_>
Maybe he didn't realize that you felt this way to how he was acting around you? There are a lot of guys who act like the above, but actually don't have interest in a relationship with whomever they're doing it with. My friends have known a couple guys like this >_> Lol. It can be really difficult to figure out what people's intentions are with their actions.

Unless you're a furry :bee:

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
No.
Not with the girls worth chasing, at least.
Now if you want to pick up bimbos with half a brain, go ahead and follow it, but I won't think very well of you if you do.
then you'll probably hate me for life.

I guess I'm odd here. Being a guy, I never have drank, done drugs, or had sex, nor do I really want any of it (at least sex can wait for now). When I get really intrested, I never ask until I figure out that I know them well enough, and by then, my mind will tell me yes or no. How do I do this?

-Be Honest (Compliments Too!)
-Listen To Everything She Says
-Care (Don't try this unless you actually can. This isn't something to BS.)
-Comfort and Support
-At least have a discussion about relationships, and also about ideologies. You can't deal with people when you can't stand their ideals.

I watch how they react, and make sure I keep it remembered, because if I learn the sign language, it might lead me to find out what the intent is. As for if they are good, it's pretty much whether or not I feel it would work. I'm very moral-bound and very idealistic, as well as strongheaded, so I'm a toughie.

Figure out your ways of finding what's good in guys/girls, and see if it seems reasonable. Diving in seems like suicide if you want something static.
a straight-edge guy? good. keep it that way.
actually, sex is great if you use caution and protection, so go for it.

PS: reading body language is EXTREMELY important (from a PUA perspective).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Haha, Black Waltz, you are hilarious.

There is such heavy negative undertone to this whole thread. Women are awesome, relationships are awesome, being single is awesome, life is awesome. People will be a lot happier in relationships if they just chill out.
truth.
i love being single if it means i can scope out anyone i want.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Maybe he didn't realize that you felt this way to how he was acting around you? There are a lot of guys who act like the above, but actually don't have interest in a relationship with whomever they're doing it with. My friends have known a couple guys like this >_> Lol. It can be really difficult to figure out what people's intentions are with their actions.
Yeah... I went to an amusement park with him and the guy is a real dare devil when it comes to real rides but he really wanted to go on a "scary ghost" ride with me, i was like no man that really sucks but he insisted and he even paid for both of our tickets and the ride was crappy as hell but he kept hugging me everytime a stupid doll would hang from somewhere and he never let go of me until the ride ended, i thought it was pretty funny... :chuckle:
(As a side note i also started screaming VERY loud when the dolls appeared to make other people on the ride laugh but i ended up scaring one of my friends:laugh: )
but before that we went on a ride that 2 people get squiched together and even though we were with a group of friends he said he wanted to ride with me but in the ride he started pushing me and saying lol WTH get the hell away from me:confused: the guy is really smart so he HAD to know it was due to physics... Bipolarity FTW? :dizzy:

BTW I'm sorry for writing so much... :ohwell: I seem to be taking this thread as a means to take it all out.:embarrass

Women are awesome, relationships are awesome, being single is awesome, life is awesome. People will be a lot happier in relationships if they just chill out.
You just won the entire thread...:)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It's hard if you know you'll never be the only one in his heart...and to know that it's not a solid relationship.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Everyone's different, trying to pin down "what women like" is like trying to find out what type of ice cream every single person likes. Given there can be certain trends...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Active Disinterest can catch attention of girls, but being too indifferent and having her chase you the whole time, funny thing is that she may at first think you are gay. But hey, there girls that like gay guys, so have fun with that.
i just noticed that the Masked Z always posts after i post in these types of threads, lol. are you stalking me or something?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
^ I approve of that post, the man knows what he is talking about.

To the guys who come here to make bad jokes-
Make yourself a favor and read that. :ohwell:

LOL I didn't like my crush at first but he started like-

"A way to approach a girl's heart is not by being friends, but being friendly, but trying to form a "special" relationship, let her know you like her company, if you show a sense of humor and a desire to help her if she ever needs it you will easily get close."

I wonder where that version of him went... >_>
You'd be surprised at the changes you've gone through as well, if you think back to the old you.

And I'm not sure where he was going with "is not by being friends, but being friendly.."

"Friends" can branch off in to many parts.There's the friend that's friendly, and the friend that you talk to every now and then, for starters.

Any human being(Regardless of gender) is attracted to someone who's genuine, caring, and pleasant. Think of looks as a catalyst that helps you expose those wonderful features. Targeting only women as being picky as hell when it comes to these things is stewpid.:)

However, in a lot of cases, it seems that looks can be deceiving, eh?

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
In addition to the claw, you also need balls of steel.

What does that mean? Don't bend over. Women like a challenge. If you've ever heard that men are like dogs and women are like cats it's like that.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
While I don't think he should've gotten banned, it would be pretty ridiculous if he thought that sentence wouldn't offend anyone. It was pretty distasteful.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Claw = win. Insta makeout. Amazing. But more than anything what women really like in guys is one who will brutally tear their dirty snatches apart and pound like there's no tomorrow.

Bye bye.
That is kinda vulgar, and girls don't even like that. However some girls don't always enjoy getting their way every single time. In fact most girls like a guy who will take charge in a relationship.

Smash Ace
Guys, I think that he might have been banned because of this post. It was probably prompted by a warning from his post here, but still, he pretty much asked for a ban.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I'd say it's half and half. It really depends on who has the dominant and who has the submissive personalities in the relationship.

(And I didn't ban him oh btw) lol

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Any human being(Regardless of gender) is attracted to someone who's genuine, caring, and pleasant. Think of looks as a catalyst that helps you expose those wonderful features. Targeting only women as being picky as hell when it comes to these things is stewpid.:)

However, in a lot of cases, it seems that looks can be deceiving, eh?
Well you do have a point there.:bee:..
but his post was pretty good compared to others...

Guys, I think that he might have been banned because of this post. It was probably prompted by a warning from his post here, but still, he pretty much asked for a ban.
Wow how did he write that word?:p

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
As the great Mannie Fresh would inform you,

Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit,
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp.
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent,
but thats okay, cause I'm still fly.
Got a quarter-tank o' gas in my new E-class,
But that's alright cause I'm gon' ride.
Got everything in my Momma's name,
but im hood rich, da dada da dah.

Hip-hop is so dead. :(

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It depends on the girl.

But generally women are indeed attracted to badasses hunks with good physically fit bodies. A shallow sense of humor works too and liking sports certainly doesn't hurt. The average girl likes the average guy, the stereotypical hot girls like the stereotypical hot guys.

Just how it is.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
In addition to the claw, you also need balls of steel.

What does that mean? Don't bend over. Women like a challenge. If you've ever heard that men are like dogs and women are like cats it's like that.
I like guys that bend over at least sometimes, that way I know that they're true to their affections and won't run off just cause a girl has bigger boobs than I do. :ohwell:
Really, more than anything, women are afraid of being taken advantage of. Ironically that's one of the reasons the stupid ones go after the jerks, cause they think a jerk is "a lost soul who just needs love."

In fact, I've only heard that it's girls who shouldn't bend over at all. I think there's this really good book called "Why men date *****es."

It depends on the girl.

But generally women are indeed attracted to badasses hunks with good physically fit bodies. A shallow sense of humor works too and liking sports certainly doesn't hurt. The average girl likes the average guy, the stereotypical hot girls like the stereotypical hot guys.

Just how it is.
Not the type to quote myself, but whatever.

Something that always pisses me off is how guys complain that girls always go for the douchebags or have no feelings, etc.

Well, excuuuuuse me, princess!
While you guys are chasing cheap perfume. Yeah, you heard that right. Guys always love to go for the sluts and the big boobs while all the nice good girls seem to be just acquaintances because of that crap. The girls worth chasing do not go for the *******s because they're smart enough to know better.
Oh yeah, buurn. Stop chasing the bimbos and you'll do fine. Unfortunately society seems to say that the stupider the woman is, (and of course the easier to control) the more attractive.
So when guys finally realize that they were chasing cheap perfume and that it was a scam/not worth it/sought out it's own kind they all start using getting dumped as an excuse to be a misogynistic pieces of **** and bawling
"omg all girls are and want the jerks!!11oneoneone"
Meanwhile, the decent girls who've had crushes on these guys since forever go

because they've been practically waving their arms for a long time going "HEEY! I'M OPEN HERE AND I'VE GOT PERSONALITY!!"
Yeah, of course I totally had to facewall when I read over this thread.

It is kind of funny though. Good girls like good guys, good guys like bad girls, bad girls like bad guys, and bad guys eventually marry good girls because by that point no one else can stand them (my parents, for ex).

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
How many women do you get?

It depends on what you want. Most guys (most REAL guys, who actually have a chance) like chasing girls to ****. These types of girls are the stereotypes. If you want a relationship it's obvious you look elsewhere.

The Masked Z

Smash Cadet
I like guys that bend over, that way I know that they're true to their affections and won't run off just cause a girl has bigger boobs than I do.
Trust me, you will get bored of these guys quick.

But hey, people want different things, so if it suits you, go for it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Trust me, you will get bored of these guys quick.

Actually, I won't. I don't mean a guy that bends over all the time and is a crybaby, etc. but one that will treat me like a person and a lover and isn't afraid of being affectionate. Girls love attention and affection, y'know? It's when there's excessive amounts of it when it's supicious and we think "ok, what's the ulterior motive here?"
However, if my guy doesn't bend over equally as much as I do (sorry, but chauvinism = biggest turn off ever) I think "well, it seems I'm the only one who wants to put any effort into this relationship," and that's one thing that pisses off girlfriends a lot, guys seem to forget that it takes a lot of effort to keep a relationship and then they later complain about girls being so hard to understand - we're not, we just don't want a relationship to feel one-sided.
I just like a guy I can trust with my feelings and is my equal, and I really don't think I'm the only one there.

Sure, maybe being a dickwad can guarantee getting laid with the bimbos once or twice (which seems to be the principal motive of many guys here, and which won't win you points with the feminists), but if you really want a good, steady relationship with a girl that is understanding and fun in more ways than just sex you better turn around, look at the girls who don't dress like 50 year old gang bang hookers, and not be afraid of being the nice guy.

And really, we smart'uns aren't as rare as you guys think we are, you just completely ignore us. :ohwell:

xOPTIMUSxChadx

Smash Cadet
I am a funny, some what cocky guy with a lot of tattoos and I work out alot so I got the muscle....and guess what I am still not the perfect guy lol. If i was my girl friend and I wouldnt dfight lol. There is no such thing. Love is not loving everything but loving who the person is good parts and bad.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I am a funny, some what cocky guy with a lot of tattoos and I work out alot so I got the muscle....and guess what I am still not the perfect guy lol. If i was my girl friend and I wouldnt dfight lol. There is no such thing. Love is not loving everything but loving who the person is good parts and bad.
He's got it. :lick:
Also, you don't have to be prince charming to keep a girl's feelings, but it's the thought that counts.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
He's got it. :lick:
Also, you don't have to be prince charming to keep a girl's feelings, but it's the thought that counts.
I'm too conscious of what their feelings are, kills me for sure. I care too much. Yes, I care... too much. They think I get way too attached. I guess I do, but I wanna take care of them and make them feel cared for, is there a crime in being attached then? Sheesh.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
My thoughts exactly. Also anyone know why he went crazy?
I think someone else must've been posting under joshisrad's account. It's not typical of him to act like that.

I like guys that bend over at least sometimes, that way I know that they're true to their affections and won't run off just cause a girl has bigger boobs than I do. :ohwell:
Really, more than anything, women are afraid of being taken advantage of. Ironically that's one of the reasons the stupid ones go after the jerks, cause they think a jerk is "a lost soul who just needs love."

In fact, I've only heard that it's girls who shouldn't bend over at all. I think there's this really good book called "Why men date *****es."

Not the type to quote myself, but whatever.
Depends. How big are your boobs?

Seriously, the so-called "stupid" ones are usually the hot chicks who know that they could get anyone they want and because of that, go for the more confident guys (who are usually also hot (no homo)". I wouldn't call those guys jerks, though. They're just taking advantage of their physique to exhibit dominance.

Truth. My friend is happy being with his girlfriend and I'm happy flirting as much as I want.

And really, we smart'uns aren't as rare as you guys think we are, you just completely ignore us. :ohwell:
Truth again. And about the ignoring part as well. I'm sorry to seem so blunt, but I ignore the "smart'uns" because they're not attractive.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Seriously, the so-called "stupid" ones are usually the hot chicks who know that they could get anyone they want and because of that, go for the more confident guys (who are usually also hot (no homo)". I wouldn't call those guys jerks, though. They're just taking advantage of their physique to exhibit dominance.
Actually, they do know that.
And anyone that takes advantage of a woman is a jerk in my book.

Truth again. And about the ignoring part as well. I'm sorry to seem so blunt, but I ignore the "smart'uns" because they're not attractive.
*snort* You'd be surprised. I know plenty of girls that are smart'uns who could be much more attractive if they didn't know better than to spend so much unnecessary time in front of the mirror in the mornings. :lick:
But if you're going to go after girls mostly cause they're attractive, don't complain when girls do the same with guys.

T0MMY

Smash Master
My thoughts exactly. Also anyone know why he went crazy?
The Oregon players have had to put up with a lot of Joshisrad for a long time now. Censor-dodging, trolling, flaming, etc.
He didn't just go crazy-- he's been doing these things for a long time, just go read his posts.

Smash Ace
Yeah, I went back and read a few posts after he was banned. As an Oregonian (albeit one going to school in NY), I found him annoying.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that I know what girls are attracted to? I'm not even 100% certain what qualities in girls I am attracted to. The only real constants in the people that I've liked is that they're nice and smart.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
*snort* You'd be surprised. I know plenty of girls that are smart'uns who could be much more attractive if they didn't know better than to spend so much unnecessary time in front of the mirror in the mornings. :lick:
But if you're going to go after girls mostly cause they're attractive, don't complain when girls do the same with guys.
So find a fair balance? Personally I got two female friends that are both attractive and intelligent, and rather good friends. I'm intrested greatly in one, but she's being difficult about any idea of a relationship. She said she doesn't feel she's quite ready. It's a real downer. I feel she's acting different towards me somehow, as well. Big turn off for me there. I want her to just be herself. Be nice if she wasn't so busy.

Top Bottom