• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I've had 2 @$$holes tell me things like this-

Hey baby, you would look so sexy wearing a mini-skirt if you wear one i'll date you and i got lots of money come chill' over at my place!
What the hell? How could someone think that was a good idea to say?

btw I said i'd been asked "would you like to be my gf" like 8 times and those 2 obviously don't count. :laugh:
You're not trying to turn this into a competition are you :laugh:

but if the one you like is really tight with that other girl and smart she will see through that and you'll be doomed.:psycho:
Yes but it'll be funnier for the rest of us.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
What the hell? How could someone think that was a good idea to say?

You're not trying to turn this into a competition are you :laugh:
(second part)-No, i just wanted to point out how stupid and pathetic those guys were... I'm sorry if it looked that way. I thought it might make someone laugh.

Sheeesh you guys seem to take everything girls say the wrong way...:p
Anyways i'm gonna go delete that part then...

Yes but it'll be funnier for the rest of us.
QFT!

/jk thats really mean, and it would be nice to shift this thread into a more serious direction to help people that actually need advise or speak of any past traumas that they can't seem to find someone to talk to about it...:ohwell: *flamed*

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
(second part)-No, i just wanted to point out how stupid and pathetic those guys were... I'm sorry if it looked that way. I thought it might make someone laugh.

Sheeesh you guys seem to take everything girls say the wrong way...:p
Anyways i'm gonna go delete that part then...

QFT!

/jk thats really mean, and it would be nice to shift this thread into a more serious direction to help people that actually need advise or speak of any past traumas that they can't seem to find someone to talk to about it...:ohwell: *flamed*
I hope you realise everything I said was in jest, except for the last bit, it would be funny.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I know quite a few girls who would never go for the ******* type. I think a big part of the "girls always go for *******s" is that these guys pick the wrong girls to lust after, so their attention is focused on these types of girls who actually do go for *******s, so this is all they see.

Also, Marie, you should probably try your hardest to let this guy you like go. I mean, if he doesn't even have time for good friends, he'll never have enough time for a relationship. It sounds like he's mostly going to cause a lot of disappointment.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Also, Marie, you should probably try your hardest to let this guy you like go. I mean, if he doesn't even have time for good friends, he'll never have enough time for a relationship. It sounds like he's mostly going to cause a lot of disappointment.
Yep, that's pretty much it. Don't waste your time on the undeserving.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I really dont understand girls

To the girls here: WHAY ARE YOU ALL SO CONFUSING!?!?!?

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I like a big guy(delt with alot ok skinny guys that simply just arnt masculine enough for me.) whos funny, who can go out or stay in, likes to talk and games. I like a guy who cna stand up to be but also knows when to back off but on top of eveyrthing else is communication. Learn to ****ing talk. the biggest draw back in dudes I see is they dont talk about anything unless they have to . If im pissing you off you gotta tell me, if you need something tell me.I dont expect your to read my friggin mind and Im not all knowing myself.

Marie_54

Smash Ace

Yeah you're right...:( The hardest part is going to be to say no when he invites me to something...:urg:

I thought that total busy-ness thing might end because people just need to have friends and since his other friends didn't give a crap about him i was going to be there for him but its been months now and i've only seen him 2 times since the day before x-mas where i invited him to something. Those 2 times he invited me... If you are wondering how many times i invited him to stuff i think about 6 atleast... X_x

RazeveX

Smash Ace
The truth is that guys and girls are the same. Human. Minor differences when you think about all of the other wacky crap on this planet.

The sad thing is that nearly everyone in this thread is complaining about how "girls do this" and "guys are always doing this". Really, when it comes down to it, it's quite sexist. Why? Because EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. No two people are alike, or want the exact same thing. Generalizations are useless.

Anyway, i don't know why i'm posting here.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I know quite a few girls who would never go for the ******* type. I think a big part of the "girls always go for *******s" is that these guys pick the wrong girls to lust after, so their attention is focused on these types of girls who actually do go for *******s, so this is all they see.
I made a nice little text wall complaining about exactly that.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Alright, question: What do girls have against going out with their friends? Sorry if it sounds sexist, but I'm pretty sure most girls just don't want to go out with their male friends. I've seen this several times.

EDIT: ...I can't freakin' believe I'm asking about girls on a Smash Brothers forum...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Alright, question: What do girls have against going out with their friends? Sorry if it sounds sexist, but I'm pretty sure most girls just don't want to go out with their male friends. I've seen this several times.

EDIT: ...I can't freakin' believe I'm asking about girls on a Smash Brothers forum...
... Cause they're afraid that it might ruin their friendship, or just feel friendship for such friend. That, or they just don't want one at the time. It really depends on what terms though.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Lol just don't worry about getting a girl. It takes so much pressure off of you. Just do your own thing and fate will eventually give you someone special. Trust me on this, you don't want to be or look desperate to a female which is like a huge turn-off for them.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Lol just don't worry about getting a girl. It takes so much pressure off of you. Just do your own thing and fate will eventually give you someone special. Trust me on this, you don't want to be or look desperate to a female which is like a huge turn-off for them.
Well, if you're desperate for one girl specifically some don't mind. :laugh:

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Dating friends has alwyas been bad for me. Guys (Im assuming this is lack of experience) want it and then when there in it get overwhelmed. Now this can be any reason dealing with me or him but after words the guys suddenly dont knwo how to act around you. Suddenly the dude cant be freinds with you. i think men in general dont think they can be friends after a dating situation. Just because we didnt work out doesnt mean i dont respect you as a friend. iunno you men are jsut as ****ing confusing as women are.

TRUXOFF

Smash Cadet
From my vast experiences in dealing with women, the more you hate them, the more they love you. However there is a breaking point, if you're too mean, then they get really depressed and talk to their friends about it, then the friends convince them to call the cops. After that you pretty much have to start all over again. So the key here is actually hate them within reason, she does something you don't like? Break something of hers that she values. She looks at another guy for more than .5 seconds? Cut her brake lines. She questions a decision you make? Time to pull out the big guns, call her names and refuse to talk with her. Make her think everything thats wrong in the world is her fault. Then eventually you let her near you again, and tell her if she ever does anything like that again, you'll leave her forever and that no one else will want her. Once you are at this point you need to keep your foot near the brake petal cause if you go too much further, then she'll get the cops involved. When that happens, its pretty much game over. So yeah, baby steps here, don't rush things.

Marie_54

Smash Ace

You mean dating or just going out like hanging out?

If its going out and not dating they might be scared of other people starting rumors and crap...
Trust me, i have a LOT of guy friends and in school girls are always asking me things like "which one is your boyfriend!?", "when did you stop dating this other guy?"

I'm like wtfff i don't even like any of them... (My crush is in another school)

and i don't even like to touch people* (there are some people that hug or touch others way too much...) i admit i sometimes do it but very little.:ohwell: + i fail at flirting...Well i have strange habits since i was little, like putting the tip of my thumb in my mouth or sucking on food or my fingers and some perverts sometimes take it the wrong way >_>

*except my family and hugging my crush :chuckle: but yeah i should get back on my forget about him phase now:(

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
From my vast experiences in dealing with women, the more you hate them, the more they love you. However there is a breaking point, if you're too mean, then they get really depressed and talk to their friends about it, then the friends convince them to call the cops. After that you pretty much have to start all over again. So the key here is actually hate them within reason, she does something you don't like? Break something of hers that she values. She looks at another guy for more than .5 seconds? Cut her brake lines. She questions a decision you make? Time to pull out the big guns, call her names and refuse to talk with her. Make her think everything thats wrong in the world is her fault. Then eventually you let her near you again, and tell her if she ever does anything like that again, you'll leave her forever and that no one else will want her. Once you are at this point you need to keep your foot near the brake petal cause if you go too much further, then she'll get the cops involved. When that happens, its pretty much game over. So yeah, baby steps here, don't rush things.
That's on the extreme side.

Picking up chicks is easy. Keeping them with you in a long-term relationship is hard. TRUXOFF's method with **** you over if you don't know what you're doing or if the chick you're dealing with is really sensitive (in which case you shouldn't even be trying this). Making fun of her or playfully teasing her is always a good idea to keep her focused on you. Active indifference is a good way to keep a girl interested in you once you've already got her attention.

In his television interview with The View, Neil Strauss explains that some men will demonstrate lack of interest by passively ignoring a woman; but since she does not notice him, she will not know that he is not interested. Therefore the purpose of the neg is to actively demonstrate lack of interest by disqualifying one's self as a suitor ("It's too bad I'm gay or you'd be so my type"), or by falsely disqualifying the target ("You are too much of a nice girl for me").
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Method

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Well I've had about 4 serious relationships, I've been with my current girlfriend for about 2 years 9 months and I can say a few things about that (based on my experiences only):

- A way to approach a girl's heart is not by being friends, but being friendly, but trying to form a "special" relationship, let her know you like her company, if you show a sense of humor and a desire to help her if she ever needs it you will easily get close.

- Dealing with females is tricky, most have an ideal of a man that they create from early childhood, if you are nothing like that image they have of a life partner, you can't expect them to have an instant attraction to you.

- Most women are vindictive, if you do something "hate-worthy" (like what Marie posted, and I know she cleared up she doesn't hate him), even if you don't realize its consequences at the moment, it will affect the whole course of the relationship; if you are known for treating them right, you will be seen with different eyes, also, they NEVER forget the bad things that men do.

- Even before you enter a relationship, one of the most important things to consider is trust, you cannot relate if you show no trust for the other person or if you appear untrustworhy.

- Mind the things you say and do, never try to rush or reverse a relationship, as you will cause damage, if you start to become close, let things happen almost by themselves, a kiss won't happen just because you close your eyes and prepare your lips, the context helps a lot.

- Show the girl you are after that only she is the one who you care about.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^ I approve of that post, the man knows what he is talking about.

To the guys who come here to make bad jokes-
Make yourself a favor and read that. :ohwell:

LOL I didn't like my crush at first but he started like-

"A way to approach a girl's heart is not by being friends, but being friendly, but trying to form a "special" relationship, let her know you like her company, if you show a sense of humor and a desire to help her if she ever needs it you will easily get close."

I wonder where that version of him went... >_>

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
It's probably locked up inside of him, if he does behave like you described

It might just be a point in his life where he takes for granted a lot of things around him, maybe, if he knew what you feel for him and what he is missing out of, things would be different.

Communication on both sides of a relationship tends to fix many things.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It's probably locked up inside of him, if he does behave like you described

It might just be a point in his life where he takes for granted a lot of things around him, maybe, if he knew what you feel for him and what he is missing out of, things would be different.

Communication on both sides of a relationship tends to fix many things.
Yes, but how does she approach someone like that and genuinely tells him everything that she feels?

LOL exactly<_<.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^Thank you. :lol:

I'm scared to be honest... If he continues doing the same thing i'm in for a lot of pain. :(

I fail at love.:embarrass

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
That's the type of thing that needed to be worked upon from before, maybe that kind of guy just avoids people whenever he feels they get too close, he lifts his own barrier (for whatever his reasons) and someone will eventualy get by.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Picking up chicks is easy. Keeping them with you in a long-term relationship is hard.
That I agree. Some guys just don't realize that keeping a girl requires effort as well.

TRUXOFF's method with **** you over if you don't know what you're doing or if the chick you're dealing with is really sensitive (in which case you shouldn't even be trying this).
Ugh, no one should ever be trying that. It's just disgusting to hear, and horridly sexist.

Making fun of her or playfully teasing her is always a good idea to keep her focused on you. Active indifference is a good way to keep a girl interested in you once you've already got her attention.
No.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Whoever posted that Mystery Method thing, that is a crazy coincidence. I just had a friend who was talking to me about it last night and showed it to me today. I kinda half read through the book and it is a pretty entertaining read. His social theory seems sound but some of his pickups may be a bit farfetched.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yes.

10charizards
No.
Not with the girls worth chasing, at least.
Now if you want to pick up bimbos with half a brain, go ahead and follow it, but I won't think very well of you if you do.

Top Bottom