• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do women realy like in guys

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
today i went to a dentist appointment and during the wait i picked up a magazine (since i read whatever i get m hands on) and it had big bold red print in the front that said what you should look for in a man so i looked and read the article it was a bunch of nonsense. i re-read it like twice and picked up a similar magazine with a similar topic in it it was nonsense again and different than the first 1 i read. so out of shear curiosity what is the "perfect" guy.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Christ, relationship thread.

And everyone knows reading girl magazines for what kind of guy a girl should date is on par with reading Maxim to find out how to get your one true love.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm pretty well educated in the subject.

Generally, girls look for:
-The need for genuine trust in the guy.
-always try to pay attention.
-Wait for her to subtly take the initiative when it comes to sexual stuff, unless there's an obvious clue you can see through.
-Compliment them whenever you notice something different about them, depending on how you go about doing it.
-Responsible.
-Respect.
-And generally, needs to look better than average. Hence I said generally, not always.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Pure and simple. Like all things in life confidence is most important. Women like the alpha male. If you're the center of attention in a group of other men they'll see you as the prize. As long as you're not obnoxious and repulsive that is.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As the great Mannie Fresh would inform you,

Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit,
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp.
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent,
but thats okay, cause I'm still fly.
Got a quarter-tank o' gas in my new E-class,
But that's alright cause I'm gon' ride.
Got everything in my Momma's name,
but im hood rich, da dada da dah.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
-Wait for her to subtly take the initiative when it comes to sexual stuff, unless there's an obvious clue you can see through.
no, unless you're twelve this is not acceptable. The man has to be dominant in the bedroom, girls expect it. Even if you date a **** she wants you to throw her around. Sometimes more, I and mean handcuffs. Hogtieing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
no, unless you're twelve this is not acceptable. The man has to be dominant in the bedroom, girls expect it. Even if you date a **** she wants you to throw her around. Sometimes more, I and mean handcuffs. Hogtieing.
Ohh you're the guy that gets dumped after a week. Hmm.

I meant when heading into something sexually new, you never want to rush in until you see that you're in the clear and she trusts you(I know the part you meant, but that's after the girl already LIKES YOU, all of my stuff was to have the girl notice you and get things going, and as a matter of fact, that's a very incomplete list, there's plenty of other stuff when going into specifics after a girl has been described). I'm 18 in a 5 year relationship. I THINK I know what I've been doing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I never said you have to lie. Just simply put, the outcome depends on the approach. I have never honestly had a problem with girls in my life.

Men are aggressive sexually? So are women, just depends on the individual.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
All other points are below money no matter what tv will have you believe j/k I think it's also important to note that when you first meet someone all they have to go on is looks so don't tell me people aren't shallow. But that's just my pessimistic view of the world.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm soooooo glad I already found the girl I'm in love with and didn't take advice from this thread... XD

I would have recieved a kick to the nuts before anything else... The only true thing I've seen so far was being Dodongo enough. And you can never be Dodongo enough... Not even Dodongo can be Dodongo enough...

I've seen this happen. You get all happy and excited and then you realize you just don't have the Dodongos to ask her out...

OmegaWai

Smash Rookie
On personal experience, girls vary.

Some like pretty boys with no brain that can be manipulated easily.

Some other like a funny guy who can give them a good time one way or another.

Finally, some just want a guy with a heavy wallet.

In the end, I think women will always go to the stereotype of the good-looking, blond, blue-eyes, asschin, "perfect man".

IMO, that's a bunch of bulls***. The same goes for the 90/60/90 "perfect woman".

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Actually, girls should feel complimented when a guy(generally anxious) has the balls to go up to her and talk to her. As I said, GENERALLY, not all guys(Some are just *******s trying to annoy them).

So for all you girls, if you're going to put guys down, do it softly please. It takes a lot of courage.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
-Wait for her to subtly take the initiative when it comes to sexual stuff, unless there's an obvious clue you can see through..

I was mostly referring to this comment. Girls expect you to "subtly take the initiative", if she is giving you clues that are becoming obvious, the poor girl is growing sour trying to get some action D:

Forgive my obtuse reactions, I am a realist before a romantic

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
From psychology class, females are the most complicated creatures on earth so I say find someone that has the same likes and dislikes. And if you ask them if something is wrong, and they say nothing.... that means something IS wrong, and embrace the problem. :laugh:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
This.

....Although reversing it every once in a while doesn't hurt.

However, the dominance stays in the bedroom.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
I am 24...

What I have learned about women so far is;

A woman wants a man who has confidence, independence and passion. I have never heard a woman make a claim against these. No matter what age group over 18, everything else seems to vary. Just like you, what you are looking for will change as you grow.

I have two sisters, a mom, a step mother, and 42 cousins. I am one of two men of my generation from my family; which I base my next statement after.

Women think like men, except when men are around. As long as your pursue what you want to do passionately, you will find a woman along the way or maybe a couple.

Do your thing, and related things will follow. Crack addicts attract crack addicts, football fans will attract football fans; and so on...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I was mostly referring to this comment. Girls expect you to "subtly take the initiative", if she is giving you clues that are becoming obvious, the poor girl is growing sour trying to get some action D:

Forgive my obtuse reactions, I am a realist before a romantic
Then I definitely worded it wrong.

Erase that completely. Here's what I meant; you almost never rush sexual things at the beginning of any relationship if you know the girl 'hasn't been around.' This is assuming you're dating her for what she's worth and later, the sex. However, I understand that (Quite the understatement actually) 75% of 17 year old males and above look for sex first.

But this isn't politics, perception is not reality.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
Then I definitely worded it wrong.

Erase that completely. Here's what I meant; you almost never rush sexual things at the beginning of any relationship if you know the girl 'hasn't been around.' This is assuming you're dating her for what she's worth and later, the sex. However, I understand that (Quite the understatement actually) 75% of 17 year old males and above look for sex first.

But this isn't politics, perception is not reality.
The reason men look for sex first in the dating scene is a way to judge a woman. If she is good in bed doesn't mean she has been with a lot of guys or easy, it just means thats a good trait about her and is definitely something to be considered. Sex plays a vital role in a healthy relationship, physically and psychologically; this for the most part is universally accepted. However, not everyone believes this; despite the 60 years of data supporting it from the Kinsey Institute of Human Sexuality.

As you get older, people get crazier; you don't have the parent and guidance factor. The last relationship I was in, I had to have the cops to have the woman removed from my property; she broke into my house after I broke up with her. Relationships become very difficult because you realize that when you commit to some one, its not going to be a short term like a generic high school relationship. Sex is easier to consider than a relationship.

Although I am against the idea of just putting sex out there, I believe getting it out of the way is important. Sex is often a method of taking a relationship to a committed status. Again, I am not saying that as soon as you both realize you like each other to bump uglies. I am saying that sex should be held for the right moment, if it is the first time with that person.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The reason men look for sex first in the dating scene is a way to judge a woman. If she is good in bed doesn't mean she has been with a lot of guys or easy, it just means thats a good trait about her and is definitely something to be considered. Sex plays a vital role in a healthy relationship, physically and psychologically; this for the most part is universally accepted. However, not everyone believes this; despite the 60 years of data supporting it from the Kinsey Institute of Human Sexuality.

As you get older, people get crazier; you don't have the parent and guidance factor. The last relationship I was in, I had to have the cops to have the woman removed from my property; she broke into my house after I broke up with her. Relationships become very difficult because you realize that when you commit to some one, its not going to be a short term like a generic high school relationship. Sex is easier to consider than a relationship.

Although I am against the idea of just putting sex out there, I believe getting it out of the way is important. Sex is often a method of taking a relationship to a committed status. Again, I am not saying that as soon as you both realize you like each other to bump uglies. I am saying that sex should be held for the right moment, if it is the first time with that person.
I'm in a five year relationship(Meaning I understand how sex factors into the relationship itself, first hand experience.), I agree with most of what you said. However, my point about the age was that they just want sex. Personal experience with my older cousins and friends.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
HOLY CRAPMUFFINS IT'S ZERO BEAT AND KENNY!

Also, women want someone who isn't like Zook. Just ask anyone who's ever had a date.

btw: The reason men look for sex on a first date is to get laid. -_-

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I'm in a five year relationship(Meaning I understand how sex factors into the relationship itself, first hand experience.), I agree with most of what you said. However, my point about the age was that they just want sex. Personal experience with my older cousins and friends.
that's not necessarily true

RedTone

Smash Cadet
Here's what I think from what I've read in literatures and small study..
Looking back on relationships there seems to be the two factors that could contribute to what women like in a MAN :)
The Two: Unconscious "Reality" and Conscious Ideal
in other words.. the MAN of your dreams and the MAN with the money(and other things..doesn't have to be only money ya know..)

In the ideal, women will want the guy depending on their taste
whether they love someone romantic...smart...a good cook..crazy in bed(this opens a category on it's own really XD) and a vast option of other qualities.. this becomes the build on what the women wants.. all her fantasy needs are collected on those ideal catagories

In the "reality",.. let's look at animals.. most animals will look for the male who could provide powerful children while protecting her.. that is a strong male.. in humans that is the same concept but probably more so with the idea of making big money and perhaps a strong build
This reality isn't looked upon as a real "reality" because as humans we are aware and have versatile thinking, unlike any animal. This is why The Two: Unconscious "Reality" and Conscious Ideal work together.

A women will try to look for the ideal man while checking for the potential and capability of making big money and no struggle .. and kids if she wants. This is why through the years women have been passing their genes to provide their sexy body. (usually with full chest and wide hips) In this way they attract their ideal man and vice versa.. and once that ideal man is able to grasp "reality" that would be The MAN of their Dreams..or in other words "Making her dreams comes true"

STAY HEALTHY. Survival of the fittest

Top Bottom