• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do people do on smashboards?

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I've been a member since last year and I actually decided to look at all the sections smashboards has to offer. After reading random threads, I actually realized how many random thoughts are expressed everyday. Like WOW, seems like so much is expressed just in one day. lol

After thinkin' about this, decided to see what you guy's do on a daily basis on smashboards. Do you look to search for tourneys, look in specific threads,, learn how to get better, or roam smashboards to find something interesting?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I participate in discussion threads about various facets of the competitive community, usually commenting on philosophical issues. I spend most of my time attempting to present information to the community that betters our understanding of the game on a basic, fundamental level and try to prevent people from making decisions or holding mistaken beliefs that could potentially harm the community, long-term.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Most of the time I spend on SWF is either lurking the Workshop or post in social groups.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I participate in discussion threads about various facets of the competitive community, usually commenting on philosophical issues. I spend most of my time attempting to present information to the community that betters our understanding of the game on a basic, fundamental level and try to prevent people from making decisions or holding mistaken beliefs that could potentially harm the community, long-term.
Sounds cool.
We need more people to help new players out. :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Most of the time I spend on SWF is either lurking the Workshop or post in social groups.
Don't forget the arena: we frequent there from time to time. :D

I mostly come here to learn and grow as a smasher and to better my playstyle while commuting with the community. I also post useful info on the Pokéboards as well... but I don't the guys there (save for, like, one or two people) care for what I have to share. Not that it stops me from sharing anyway.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You're bound to see randomness on forums. that's what they are for.
sure, there's alot of randum on the brawl discussion (and by this i truly mean it) but once in awhile i see a thread i can actually REPLY to.
(mods/admins, get a social thread for this board.)

ANYWAYS

I mostly browse Smash 64 Discussion (because i play the smash broters 64 online) and discuss or reply to smash 64 related things. If i'm not at the smash 64 section i'm either at the brawl discussion character or competitive, Light room, Forum games, or debate hall.

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
The random stuff here doesn't even come close to the randomness on another website I post on. On one thread, we started talking about the Mayan-Alien connection. The thread ended up being a discussion of what 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th person perspectives are... Don't even ask about the 5th person...

Life

Smash Hero
I generally lurk stage, ruleset, etc. discussions because it's fun to watch relative noobs beat pros at debating.

I'm also in a game of Mafia, and hang out around Sonic boards though I don't post much.

Mostly I camp the New Post button tho.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
At least 90% of my posts must be in the Make Your Move threads. lol, it's pracitcally become its own community within the SWF community.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The Mario Boards post pictures of sexy ladies.

Yup.

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
I'm in tactical, general brawl, character discussion, regional zones, and in the various social groups when I'm online (usually lurking and reading). I may check out the world star thread from time to time.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've not been active lately at all, apart from lurking the threads I used to go on, which would be the Geno thread
SSB4 Discussion
, UB, MYM, and the Light House XD.

But same thing I do every night Pinky.

The Mario Boards post pictures of sexy ladies.

Yup.
I'll be right there :bee:.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
I just started here on the boards, but I am here mainly to move beyond my current level of Smash, so I do a lot of reading different things, and becoming familiar with the terminology.
Even after playing Melee for years and thinking I had the game and thinking I knew everything and was as good as I could possibly get, I joined here and it's like I know nothing, and am learning the game from a completely different level.

All in all, I am doing one heck of a lot of learning right now.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well, I am only a couple days old on this site, but I like viewing strategies and tournament rankings. View how the competitive players control their characters, and I also like character vs. character discussions. Basically anything else I post in is just opinion about something or discussion of a random topic like 3DS or who's my favorite character. :)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I mainly just post on the MYM thread, though I occasionally post on topics that interest me.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
MYM, and most movie and music discussions. I sometimes lurk the Olimar boards

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I post in the Workshop. When I'm bored, I'll check the Melee boards. When I'm really bored, I come here.

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
after lurking every other day for like 5 years I've checked out alot, like melee and brawl low tier boards, general discusion for both games, and lately the workshop.

And every once in a while I'll post in threads like these.
*back to uber lurk mode*

skekasaurus

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty new to this forum and the competitive aspects of SSBB, so I do looking around to sharpen my brawl skills so that I can become a better pikachu fighter. I also do quite a bit of lurking around, just seeing what everyone talks about and to see how the other members are. Everyone seems pretty cool so far. :D

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Post mostly in the midwest forums and try to get better in my sh**y scene without a Wii LOL Nebraska LOL, otherwise I lurk and randomly post in threads that interest me like the Wolf, Fox, and Sonic boards.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I mostly chill in Melee General. Fox, Falco, and Falcon boards. Midwest boards every couple days just to see whats up

If I'm bored during class I come into Brawl General

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Sheik is awesome. You do well.
I check out the Brawl Character discussion threads, keep up with the metagame, look for new Stage Builder games, lurk and check out tournament results. And watch classic Melee vids every now and then.
I should probably spend more time on my profile page, and talk to my friends.

marthsword

Smash Ace
What a relaxing discussion you've created.

I'm more of a reader than a contributor on the Brawl boards, mostly I scout out guides for a good read.

Nowadays I spend any online time in the Media Metropolis. Before I recently returned to SWF, the pool room was legen
dary, but I've been putting off spending time there and still don't really have a clue.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
all i do is read and train on level 3 cpu and my brother all day long, oh yeah and get ***** on fsamsh. really i never joined becuase i never had a email address soo....yeah and when i did i forgot it and then my computer broke so that whole time i was facing my brother and traning on level 3 cpu. and let me tell you something banned stage no items and most techniques and mindgames come from just playing

mzink*

Smash Ace
I mostly just browse the non smash related areas, since I only play once in a while nowadays.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
It's cool to see that the majority of people that posted in here go on smashboards for non-smash related stuff.
That's really interesting

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For me, I mostly commute with other smashers. I'm a regular on the Pokeboards, Ganon boards, and the R.O.B. boards, and also commute with members of the social group I'm in. I give whatever input I can for the character-related boards, but seeing as I've joined SWF a couple of years after Brawl, there isn't much for me to really contribute in the way of new techniques, since the metagame is already pretty advanced.

Other than that, I also post around the social threads. I'm currently a Temp Debater... though I've been procrastinating on the debating, which isn't a good thing on my part, but I still do what I can. So that's pretty much it. There's a lot to do and talk about on SWF that isn't Smash-related.

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK, I just look around and try to stay updated with news on Brawl and smash in general. I really like Smash, but I still can't travel far, so Online's all I really got.

Klaw

Smash Cadet
Initially I just lurked and learned about Melee. Thanks to Smashboards, a few weeks after I bought SSBM I whupped my friend who had had already had the game for a long time. It wasn't that he didn't know about L-canceling or shorthopping (he was beastly in the homerun contest with ganondorf); he just didn't integrate those things into his game like I learned to.

Years later, I get my posting privileges and now I just post in any random topic I'm interested in. Not really looking to study smash anymore, haha.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I post in several socials/social groups and regularly post in the Online Discussion and the Artwork Emporium. I lurk tactical and some character boards but I don't usually have anything to contribute. I also make daily trips to User Blogs, Pool Room, and sometimes other places.

I'm mainly here to try to get better and talk with friends. :D

Top Bottom