• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who hasn't delivered such a hard beating to my GC controllers tat they are unusable? Mine are in prime condition, and I've had them both for over four years. The only problems they have is that the paint is orn off a bit on the handles, the L and R buttons stick slightly, the wires on them have gotten a little bit nicked, and lately (oddly enough, since I got brawl and the cpus started hacking and examining my own button presses) there has been something loose inside my platinum controller, so that if I hit it it rattles a bit. That might be becasue of controller throwdowns, I dunno.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
GC controler for me. I'm actually semi-decent with the Wii-mote sideways but horrible when I add the Nunchuck. Weird huh? I'm trying to get better with the Wii-mote/Nunchuck combo though and I'd like to try the Classic controller one day.

Ange

Smash Lord
I now play Brawl with a computer keyboard.

The F4 key is too good.

Lol

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who hasn't delivered such a hard beating to my GC controllers tat they are unusable? Mine are in prime condition, and I've had them both for over four years. The only problems they have is that the paint is orn off a bit on the handles, the L and R buttons stick slightly, the wires on them have gotten a little bit nicked, and lately (oddly enough, since I got brawl and the cpus started hacking and examining my own button presses) there has been something loose inside my platinum controller, so that if I hit it it rattles a bit. That might be becasue of controller throwdowns, I dunno.
That is not "prime" condition.

That's "barely useable". lol

Faux

Smash Rookie
I use a GC controller. The other controllers just don't feel right when playing Brawl.

DeadlyRed3Dawg

Smash Rookie
I use wiimote and nunchuk cuz my first tournament on brawl i had to use it so i thought i might as well stick wit it.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I use my favorite controller ever to play Smash...

my Spice GC controller! When ever I play Brawl, I use this controller :p
I've had the controller for about 5 years (yeah, not that long), but it took me over a year to find an orange one. Even before I got my GC, I saw it in a catalouge and had wanted it ever since :p
I clean it every few months or so, and it's "died" on me 2 or three times, only to completely work again 2 weeks later. I was really sad when I thought it was done for :D The cs is really worn down, there are virtually no rings, which actually makes it feel weird to play Brawl with a controller that has em cause I'm so used to 'em being non-existant.
Plus, Spice is the coolest GC controller out there.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Classic is the best of them all, master this and people will call you god. =D

labrand7

Smash Cadet
wireless gamecube i tried sideways and sucked at it, never had classic and too hard to use nunchuck+remote

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Definitely the GCN controller. So far I've broken my two miniature custom ones playing Melee & Brawl, so I'm getting used to this "massive" one--what most of you see as normal. =/

I used to use the Nunchuck at one point in time, but the lack of the C-stick obviously showed in my gameplay. Wiimote alone is definitely not an option for me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't understand how anyone can use the wii remote by itself.
WiiMote is the easiest controls for beginners, I would suggest you give those controls to those who are young and want to play Smash, anyone else that uses this crazy style either want to test it out and prove somthing, your they're nuts.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The remote is difficult to use, the easiest one to pick up is the GC, but I can't use that for Smash- it just doesn't agree with me lol.

I use the Nunchuck for the fact that the buttons are better situated, and I can actually shield, dodge and grab with ease.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The remote is difficult to use, the easiest one to pick up is the GC, but I can't use that for Smash- it just doesn't agree with me lol.
It's not difficult to use, it's just difficult to master. It's not many button's on the Wiimote alone, so it's easy to remember, but if you want to Brawl at the highest level, WiiMote is not the way to go due shielding and grab's requiring more technical use to master them.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Um people who use GC controllers on average > the Wiimote people. Also we see Wiimote users as scrubs because it screws with tournaments because people forget to take their wiimote batteries out. One of my matches last tourney got paused by a Wiimote scrub. Yeah. I'm all for banning these noob utensils known as Wiimotes.

Top Bottom