• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
what kind of question is this!?

it's gonna be the Gamecube controller and it always will be (at least for smash anyway), because I really depise the Wii-Mote w/nunchuck, and i've tried classic controller, but it just doesn't suit my tastes for playing smash so yea...

Gamecube Controller FTW!! 4Ever!!

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
The GameCube controllers are the only kind that can take my abuse. I fear that the Wiimote wouldn't be usable after my usual controller throwdown after the computer decides to hand me another unwanted loss.
LMAO

On topic: Game cube all the way :p

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Ordered a white Cube pad from Japan, simply because i wanted to buy something from japan and its sexy as hell :D

Better than using my broken black pad or my wiimote anyway.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Edited wii-chuck to make it feel like an N64 controller (never had a gamecube)

D-pad (all)=jump
C = grab
Z = shield

So much better than the default controls.

Tried a heavily edited Classic controller (changed every button controlled by my right hand at least once) but it didn't work out...

DarkVampire

Smash Rookie
i use the gamecube one cause im just too used to it. but id love using the wii mote w/ nunchuck so i can feel like im playing a cool wii game. but i just suck at it. meh, ill keep trying once in a while cause somehow i feel that change will make me unbelievably strong (and thats y i keep changing my control config to something horribly bad)

Guthix

Smash Cadet
Wii-Mote and chuk all the way. I tried all the others out, but none of them worked for me.
I can see how people would use Gamecube controller, but Wiimote sideways? Go away. J-Just leave. You're not worthy anymore, KThxBai.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
The Gamecube controller just grew on me, so I use it. I can use the classic controller, but It'll take me a little while to acclimate myself to it.

lmr08

Smash Rookie
I use the GameCube controller since thats what I'used to from playing Melee (alot!). I tried using the wii remote but using up on the d-pad to jump is one thing i could never get used to.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
I use the Classic controller because it's closest to the Gamecube, but I don't want to buy a Gamecube controller. (I didn't have a GameCube)

TYGA

Smash Rookie
I use the Classic Controller. I have to admit, it was pretty awkward at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Smithy92

Smash Rookie
I use the Gamecube controller most of the time and Wiimtoe sideways when I'm lazy. The Nunchuk is kind of tricky and I haven't tried the classic yet.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I've played Melee for a very long time I got so used to the GameCube controller. I've tried the Wii one but it seems to hard to adapt to the Wii Remote since I'm so used to the GC controller. I still haven't tried Classic...

darkskinnyboy

Smash Rookie
I use the classic controller, it's easier to Snake dash with classic controller and sometimes I use Gamecube controller.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
I use the gamecube controller because im used to that.

I have 4 controllers now, two are fine (my casual friends play with these)
One's analoge stick dousn't have the lines on it anymore (my other friend uses it)
One is MELTING (sides of the analoge stick fell off,no lines,turning white on some parts,the "A" on the green button looks like a "^".) i play with it for years now and i still use it.

I really suck bad with the wiimote sideways or with a nunchuck, i dont have a classic.

WatzUp

Smash Rookie
i use the gamecube controller (wireless)
since i got a pretty big hand and the wireless one is pretty big and fits my hands perfectly i can reach all the buttons easily.
only problem is that its ramdomly stops aboeying or goes to right or left without me letting it. :(

Omair

Smash Rookie
I use Wiimote + Nunchuck, I tried using my friend's GameCube controller a few months ago, and I played exactly the same. Although now I'm probably too used to the Wiimote + Nunchuck to use anything else. I've also tried sideways Wiimote, but that's just nasty, it hurts my hands :(

Chaos Carnivale

Smash Rookie
In the end, there can be nothing but the Gamecube controller, though, The Classic Controller is pretty decent, but, as i said, there is nothing like the Gamecube controller. I can do some stuff with it more easily than with the others.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
I still use my Gamecube Controller. I couldn't think of any other way of playing.
same here, you can get used ones at game stop. You probably dont want to use a game stop controller due to it having a turbo button. Espically if your going to a tournie.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
-The GameCube controller (always) :bee:
-Classic Controller (sometimes) :)
-Wii Remote (lol I try it play with the Wii Weel) :p
-Wii Remote + Nunchuck (I dont remember the last time, but is fun) :ohwell:

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
I use the gamecube controller and the wii remote +nunchuck about the same.

the classic controller every now and then

just the wii remote not really i find it kinda hard to use.

sro2

Smash Rookie
I use the Gamecube controller cause i'm just used to it from melee. I suck with wiimote alone and with the nunchuck it's weird to shield with the same finger as the jump. I don't have a classic controller

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Wireless wavebird for the win. I've gotten a couple off of ebay because I love using them so much. They're convenient since they have no wires and you have 16 channels to mess with. :3

eboz74

Smash Cadet
gamecube controller is the best hands down but I use the classic controller more dont know why though

Karas

Smash Cadet
I Use my gc paddle, but i have a classic i dont use, i don t like the feel of it.

Top Bottom