• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character is hurt most by the lag?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I LOVE how you are applying for Debater status, when you don't even ATTEMPT to make a valid point for your argument.. Well at least we can agree on Ness eh?

Hype

Smash Lord
The thing about wolf is his Fsmash is safe on block because of the lag, making him substantially better.

I think marth is affected most by lag. His smashes lag enough to still be punished, and it's really hard to space online.

IC's are affected a lot too.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
MK is hurt quite a bit in lag if you try to play him in a non-spammy and proper manner, but there are definitely characters that are hurt more than non-spammy MK's in lag.

Oh, and characters that spam projectiles are REALLY fun to fight on Wi-Fi with MK/anyone else.
/sarcasm

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
IMO, Sonic is ruined most by lag. He's so fast so all his attacks rely heavily on timing your hits correctly, and with his low KO power, I think it hurts him a lot.

Other than that, it's gotta be the IC's, since they rely on chain-grabs.

D

Deleted member

Ness, peach, Marth, sonic, zelda, It hurts alot of them but Ness is hurt the most.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Ness's thunder sure, but his jumps are what really hurts the most, when you accidently use a second jump due to unresponsive game play. After the jump, you have nothing to rely on besides the PKT. Its a horrible set up with almost no way out, and you have to WATCH as it all goes down.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness and Lucas have it bad, but at least Lucas has his tether recovery.

I always manage to kill myself during lag.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I don't think think I patcuarlly think anyone is affected mostly. I say from no experiecnce and also depeneds on the situation.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Ice climbers, you know how hard it is to chaingrab online? Their entire game is limited by lag.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
In theory, a Character who's Attacks are fast but weak. These Attacks are based around the fact that they are quick to execute, take that away and they lose effectiveness.

So Metaknite, ROB and G&W.
Rob and Game and watch don't have weak attacks...

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Metaknight. What makes him so good is that his attacks are so fast. Lag ****s that up. Lag also ****s with his spacing too. Yeah.

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
MK is hurt quite a bit in lag if you try to play him in a non-spammy and proper manner, but there are definitely characters that are hurt more than non-spammy MK's in lag.

Oh, and characters that spam projectiles are REALLY fun to fight on Wi-Fi with MK/anyone else.
/sarcasm
I agree wholeheartedly. I actually have an online friend who thought MK wasnt that broken. He finally played a good MK offline and now he understands why people call him broken.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't think Wario is the most affected, but it definitely makes a lot of his matchups that are 50-50 or 60-40 a lot more difficult.

For example, Wario can go toe to toe with Snake (50-50) but the tilts are even more godly when lag causes problems with autocancelling aerials to start combos.

But Wolf is also safe with smash spamming, but even easier to gimp.
Falco and ICs are pretty screwed too.

PhragX

Smash Rookie
I struggle most with making Marth work in lag. His side B combo is hard to get past 2 sometimes and throwing an up-B in it will usually make me use his 3rd jump :mad:

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Ness. Recovery is the most important aspect of the game, and when ness cant stick that pk thunder in his butt, hes useless.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Wolf, diddy,ness, ICs, and marth

Wolf and Marth can't space in space or punish when needed.

Diddy loses a lot of momentum in lag so no fun with bananas

Ice Climbers in lag make it even harder to chain grab

Ness has a hard time recovering as well as spacing. Lucas no so much thanks to snake z-air tether.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
[insert your main here]

lol really, everyone is gonna say their main suck in lag

Top Bottom