• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character has The Best Side-B ?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
What character has The Best Side-B that Helps you to Defeat your Opponent during a Match?

Let's make a Top 5 of the Best Side-B in the Game. It's Real Simple, Let's Discuss and Vote what Side-B is the Best/Useful in the Game.

Voting or Not, Let's Discuss !

Write your Vote in your Post.
For Example:
Bowser - Koopa Klaw

Mentioned Side-B:

Mario - 27 votes

Charizard - 13 votes

Kirby - 3 votes

Bowser - 4 votes

Donkey Kong - 3 votes

Sonic - 2 votes

Olimar - 4 votes

Jigglypuff - 3 votes

Marth - 31 votes

Zelda - 1 vote

Diddy Kong - 2 votes

Mr. Game & Watch - 3 votes

Ganondorf - 9 votes

ZSS - 9 votes

King DeDeDe - 2 votes

Ice Climbers -2 votes

Falco - 3 votes

Wario - 2 votes

Ness - 1 vote

Most Voted Side-B:

Marth - 30 votes

Mario - 27 votes

Charizard - 13 votes

ZSS - 9 votes

Ganondorf - 9 votes

Olimar - 4 votes

Best Side-B Ranking

1st - Marth

2nd - Mario

3rd - Charizard

4th - ZSS

5th - Ganondorf

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Man, why do you people keep making these kind of threads?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think this is a really bad thread. This would be like me making a thread saying what's your favorite get-up attack?

Mario's Cape
Charizard Rock Smash
Kirby Hammer
Bowser Klaw
Donkey Kong Headbutt
Sonic Spinshot
Olimar Pikmin Throw
Jigglypuff Pound
Marth Dancing Blade

Those are the only real good side specials. Besides ones used for recovery, of course.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I was thinking Din's Fire was good, but then I realized it's ridiculously bad.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Diddy's Side-B.

Recovery
Change Up
Getting them off the stage
Gimper
Getting caught with it off stage = lost stock
Free 15% damage
Spacing
Mind Games
/thread

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Can someone Edit your Post saying your Vote ?

Hey guys put your Votes in the Posts.

EDIT: KawaiiBunny! Do not take seriously, It's just to Have Fun. I agree with you, is a really bad thread.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You posted a thread already knowing it's bad?????

?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
You posted a thread already knowing it's bad?????

?
No man, My intention is to Have Fun and Make a good discussion.

C'mon, Straked I dont have intentions to make bad threads, my Threads is destinated to the SSBB Metagame, look the Other threads, that Asked about how many hours do you play Brawl, something Like that.

C'mon dude...

I dont know why the Moderator got Angry.

EDIT: thanks for the Tip Mecakoto.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The moderator didn't get angry, she just didn't get why you make these threads.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
The moderator didn't get angry, she just didn't get why you make these threads.
I explained, this thread is destinated to Discuss the Best Side-B and to have fun through the Discussion.
I see no problem in make Funny Threads with a Good Discussion involving Metagame.
Do you get it ?

If you want to join man, it will be a Honor have your opinion.
Whats your vote dude ?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I understand that, we all love some trvial moveset discussion.

The BEST specials in my opinion are as follows:

Jigglypuff's Pound
Charizard's Rock Smash
Marth's Dancing Blade
Mario's Cape
Sonic's Spinshot

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
1: Game n Watch
2: Wario
3: Bowser
4: Toon Link
5: Zelda

Thats just what me thinks. Even though these kind of threads have zero purpose, I'm just bored.
You forgot to add these votes, good sir.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Marth's is incredibly good.
DDD's Waddle Dees are an excellent camping tool.
Mario's cape is awesome.

Zelda's is so horribly bad I want to take a point off.

n88

Smash Lord
At noob level or reasonably competent level? At noob level, Zelda takes all five. However, if the players are competent, Zelda gets about negative five, and I would pick the following:

1.Mario's Cape
2.DK's Headbutt
3.Charizard's Rock Smash
4.Ganon's Flame Choke
5.Marth's Dancing Blade

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Rock smash
Rock smash
Rock smash
Rock smash
Rock smash

there ya go!
It does ton of damage
It is basically a counter attack.
Its deciptive
It does ton of damage.
Did I mention the damage?

But besides that Ivysaur and Ganon and the CAPE ****

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Isn't a Good thread, Is just to Discuss the Useful Side-B and have a little Fun.
That's not exactly what this board is for so this would be more appropriate in the General Discussion thread.

Regardless, I might as well state my opinions while I'm here:

1. Olimar's pikmin throw: One of the big things that contribute to him being such a pest. Hard to punish if done right and can used to be rack up damage fairly quickly. This move even has the ability to edgeguard some characters too.

2. Mario's cape: Cape=****. :laugh: Definately one of the best edgeguarding tools in the game as well as the best attack to edgestall with and one of the better air stalls. When it comes to mindgames in general, this move opens a ton of options and can be used in many creative ways. Overall, a very solid attack because of its unique properties.

3. Marth's dancing blade: Not only does it do a decent amount of damage but, when done right, it can put a lot of shield pressure on your opponent and shut down a lot of their options. If the player is smart with it, it's also a hard attack to punish.

4. Charizard's rock smash: If it makes a direct hit, it does 36% damage. It also has great knockback, a very deceptive hit box thanks to all the rock shards, and it is pretty good at shield pressure. Also, it's sort of hard to punish too.

5. Ice Climbers' squall: Just a spectacularly annoying attack when done right... just like the rest of the Ice Climbers' special moves. :laugh: It's good as an attack, putting on shield pressure, and even as a way to advance or retreat.

6. Bowser's Flying Slam: This attack is mainly useful because it's one of the few "aerial grabs" in the game and how its lack of ending lag leads to a lot of different options like the claw cancel and "infinite" jumps. It's also one of the few attacks that can be reversed on command and one of the most dependible suicide attacks in the game.

As for the worst:

1. Donkey Kong's headbutt: Slow and a lot of ending lag. It takes a decent amount of careful planning to even land this attack.

2. Ike's quick draw: Good for movement and okay for recovering but laughably bad as an attack. Overall, probably one of the easiest attacks in the game to counter.

3. Captain Falcon's raptor boost: Slow start up and ending lag. It's also easy to punish and has few options if it even lands. If you're lucky, you may be able to counter someone trying to edge guard you with it.

4. ROB's spin attack: Slow start up and probably the worst reflecting attack in the game. It's pretty much only good as a pressure attack on the edges.

5. Shiek's chain attack: Basically, outside of a recovery move, it has limited options.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm positive I said Rock Smash.

About 4 other people did, too.

TP

Smash Master
If Ganon's Choke were on MK or Snake, they would be banned. For MK, Choke>SL and Choke>Dsmash would be guaranteed on everyone, and Snake could Choke>Utilt everyone. (Technically, Wario and Squirtle can sorta avoid it.)

As for staying with the character, I vote Marth. That thing is crazy good.

:034:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If Ganon's Choke were on MK or Snake, they would be banned. For MK, Choke>SL and Choke>Dsmash would be guaranteed on everyone, and Snake could Choke>Utilt everyone. (Technically, Wario and Squirtle can sorta avoid it.) :034:
Too bad it's on Ganon, huh?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ARE PEOPLE ACTUALLY SAYING THINGS OTHER THEN CHARIZARD WTF

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
Character specific - ZSS really really really needs her side-b for recovery, attacking, spacing, racking up damage, killing, etc. SHE NEEDS IT.

Game in general - Marth's dancing blades.... good for racking up damage, nice priority, great for recharging other moves, sets up into other moves.

but yea unlike zss, marth won't die w/o his side-B. his his aerials and tilts are **** good.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
marios cape
marths dancing blade are the best^^
but this thread isn't really........original^^

gm jack

Smash Lord
5. Shiek's chain attack: Basically, outside of a recovery move, it has limited options.
Chain locks can do 30-40% in a second or two. Situational, but incredibly effective when it is used well.

Chain guarding (SHing a chain so that the end falls over the edge of the stage) can seriously gimp some characters, and can annoy the majority of the cast. Move it at the right time and it hits them back away from the edge.

There is also the chain jacketing glitch, which can infuse the chain with the damage and knock back of the last move she used. Hard to pull off, but if you get it consistent, it can make chain guarding much more deadly, and can even get a surprise KO if they try to get through the chain and mess up.

Top Bottom