• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are YOUR easiest, hardest, and funnest match-ups with Sonic?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
This is a pretty darn nooby thread, but I'm realy just curious as to which characters you consider your easiest, hardest and funnest match-ups with Sonic, as our Sonic playstyles and match-up opinions vary too much. This is not about match-up discussion, its not about ratios ofranything on paper.This is about real world play, which characters give you the least or most trouble for your specific Sonic? Short tips against characters you may be having trouble with might not be bad though. This would be a good place to ask someone who doesn

One reason at least for each character would be cool.

Easiest:

1) Falcon: Its just falcon, lol. No offense.

2) Bowser: Too big of a taget, and despite what he might have to counter your attacks, Spin dash combo's against bowser are just too good.

3) Ganon: A good ganon can put the hut on you(there was this one ganon that PWNED me at first, because I had never played one that good), but I mean come on, its the slowest char in the game VS the quickest XD.

Hardest:

1) Olimar: Grab. Nuff said.

2) Pika: Dsmash is a PAIN, and the dude is Tiny and quite heavy for his size. I've haven't played a good Pika in a long time however, and now that I know I can just DI up...

3) Ness: I don't really know why. The weaving, disjointed aerials, and tiny size are just annoying to me. perhaps I'd fare better offline.

Funnest!:

1) Marth!: I'm not really sure why, perhaps because it feels so even, and I play some marth myself(melee main before I lost my memory card LOL). I feel like its so balaned and overall just really fun to play

2) Snakeee? SNAKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!: It feels great playing snake, because I'm facing the second best character in the game, and yet it feels so even. You have ways of getting around all his explosives, and just plain old running around in this matchup is fun. Glidetossing grenades back at snake is coolio as well =P.

3) Diddiddididididy Kong!: Ask Boxob. We had some crazy fun matches with banana tosing all around. Another matchup that feels even, And Sonic vs Diddy Banana fights are much too fun.

4) MK: People will think I'm crazy, but I love facing MK. I never feel like I'm at a terrible disadvantage, and well, its fun countering his attack speed with my run speed. Spammy MKs get boring quick though.

5) Falco: Idk why, it just is, lolz.

Ok wow, basically all the high/top tier characters except wario, pit, kirby, and wolf.

Your easiest/hardest can overlap with youor funnest =P Feel free to mention your most annoying match-ups as well if you would like(ugh, Oli =P).

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Easiest:
Bowser - Big target, easy to hit.

Hardest:
Sonic -I can't play against Sonic. I can't against anyone who knows how to play as Sonic.

Funnest:
Sonic - Oh the irony.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol,
Napilopez said:
I love feeling MK
Anyways, hardest match ups.
Game and watch is pretty hard for me.
I hate jigglypuff too because, small and very good aerials+weaving. >_< Ugh.
Um, I don't necessarily like Wario either... Dx

Easy match ups IMO:
Hm, Ganon is pretty easy for me too.
Charizard seems easy because of his size, but he does have some nice attacks and PT's squirtle bugs me.

Fun:
Falco if he doesn't laser spam too much
ICs
Lucario
DDD. :D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Really for me I can't decide what are my easy matchups other than when I get people below my skill level, for me everybody seems even (yes even MK), I just have to work at it to keep my Sonic in the neutral position.

My harder matchups are a different story, MK goes even as just as I play smart. If I had to pick people Wario is really annoying with his mobility and whatever else he has...besides gas. Olima(r)n is probably another hard matchup because he has lots of ways to stop approaches, but it's always fun when I spring gimp his tether. :laugh: I also find D3 quite annoying with his CG, inhale, and power behind his attacks. I got my ass handed to me by a Wolf once, and I have yet to get another good one to try and see what I could do.

My fun matchups would reall have to be Meta Knight and Snake just because it feels so good to go up against two good characters and still put up a good fight if not win! Also I love Sonic dittos, nothing beats telling yourself "c'mon, step it up, you're too slow!"

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Easiest - Ganon, by a mile. Honourable mentions go to Bowser though, and Lucas.

Hardest - Sonic :\ lol. Ice Climbers, Olimar, Toon Link.

Funnest - Donkey Kong, Dedede, Snake. People who are big and easy to put hurt on basically, lol.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Hardest: 1st:Olimar 2nd:pikachu: 3rd:Yoshi lol dk why it seems I can't get through those who spam side b

Easiest 1st: Bowser 2nd Ganon

Fun 1st Captain Falcon 2nd Fox you got to love the speed matches.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I honestly don't have too much trouble with climbers (as long as I don't get freaking CG'ed...go aerial on their asses and keep them seperate if possible.) Spring is my best friend here.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Easiet: Ganondorf, Falcon, non-MK swordwielders.

Hardest: MK, G&W, Wario... and sometimes Bowser. Fuck the Ice Climbers... I hate them asswholess.

Funnest: DDD, Yoshi (why doesn't a spindash beat an egg roll?), PT, Spacies, Mario Bros., Knuckles oops.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Easiest:
-Sonic. Because people challenge me to Sonic dittos way too much.
-Scrub. Because I'm too fast and cheap.
-Noob. Because they haven't seen Sonic played before. and apparently they fall for traps too much D;

Hardest:
assuming these are good players who are competent with their mains-
-Peach
-Luigi
-Wario
-Kirby
-MK
-Lucario
-Samus
-Lagfi TL.
-Lagfi Pit.
-Lagfi Sonic.
-Lagfi GAW.

I suck at fighting people who jump alot.

Fun:
-Snack. I like the feel of grabbing Snack and his pineapples.
-Meatknight. I'm a sadistic little- jk. Honestly, I want to play against more MK's because for every MK I've played against, I always realize there were mistakes that I shouldn't have made, so I just want to play against more of them and see how I do with minimal mistakes.
-Sonic dittos vs good Sonic players. Show me your moves. I will steal them. And what better than to complete the Meatknight, Snack, and Steak trio?
-Fox. lmao we camp each other all day.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh how did I forget G&W, I hate fighting G&W. I don't even have to go into detail, if a Sonic has foguht G&W they will know how it is.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So apparently I am the 2nd "funnest" character to play against.
? :laugh:
Name search?
Gimpyfish Hylian M2k Snakeee Dazwa Overswarm Asdioh HyperTheHedgehog Gimpyfish62 Samurai Panda SamulaiPrada KirbyandSonicRock14

Browny

Smash Hater
Easiest - Old manondorf (and only the grandpa version), marf, ike

Hardest - Wolf, Snake, jiggs LOL

funnest - Lucario. idk :/

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Easiest: Ike, Samus, PPl who never fight against Sonic

Hardest: SPAMMY FREAKIN WOLFS! I'M NOT GONNA GO THROUGH THE EFFORT TO AVOID YOUR SPAM, GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE WIN CONSTANTLY SHOOTING A CHARACTER WITH NO PROJECTILES AND RUNNING AWAY ISN'T FUN!

Sonic, he's just too hard to hit with Sonic. DDD, chain grabbing pwns my face.

Funnest: Marth, Falco, Pit (These matchups are so close and epic constantly on the edge of my seat in tournaments against these matchups.)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Why the hell are people finding Pikachu harder than Luigi?
They don't know how to DI the down smash.

lol.

On another note, I seriously need to fight some good Luigis, because so far I'm having absolutely no trouble completely wrecking him with up tilts and uairs (and f-smashes lol).

I know that he should completely wreck Sonic in theory, but I still want to see what it's like in practice.

Umby

Smash Master
They don't know how to DI the down smash.

lol.

On another note, I seriously need to fight some good Luigis, because so far I'm having absolutely no trouble completely wrecking him with up tilts and uairs (and f-smashes lol).

I know that he should completely wreck Sonic in theory, but I still want to see what it's like in practice.
Fight BigLou, wherever he lives. Unless you space everything you do correctly, he shuts you down completely when he's in your comfort zone. Furthermore, the cyclone cuts through everything.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Luigi's never been that bad for me... Stick to the ground, don't get close enough to be hit by that STUPID nair, XD. And his cynclone isn't hard to deal with. Tilts and spincharges/dashes from close will at least clang. You can handle him just fine on the ground. Once you in the air, land a bair/uair if you can, the SPRING THE HECK away. lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Luigi suffers from the problem of low range.

If he's approaching you and doesn't pull back, you can shieldgrab his aerials.

It's even worse for him if you powershield it.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Luigi suffers from the problem of low range.

If he's approaching you and doesn't pull back, you can shieldgrab his aerials.

It's even worse for him if you powershield it.
QFT. Range wise, his biggest threat is probably Bair. I can imagine retreating fsmash to come in handy here too. Lol luigi fsmash, dodged by retreating fsmash = luigi death =P.

But seriously. Use your tilts in the match like crazy.

Top Bottom