• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Amide

Smash Lord
When you study a list of seven states for an hour and you still can't remember them. I mean seriously, am I just stupid? Why should I fail I test when I just can't memorize stuff?

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
^ This happens to me a lot for some reason. Although, I usually don't study...

Inb4 "You're a bad boy because you don't study often."

zrky

Smash Lol'd
the fact that when your writing a paper on the computer and you put "form" instead of "from, and it isn't corrected like 500 times!!!!!

grrrr

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the reasoning behind that post is...pretty true. Women are attracted to guys who are a challenge, not the nice guy who helps them with everything. This means making fun of her as often as you can (without going overboard).
Truth at it's best, woman definetly like macho bullies over a smasher wuss anytime.

and yes, 10char's are banned.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Being a woman, it annoys me that people that have no idea wtf they're talking about assume they know what I want better than I do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Being a woman, it annoys me that people that have no idea wtf they're talking about assume they know what I want better than I do.
I now start to wonder why GUYS always assume that, but I rarely see women saying the same thing...

Oh well, I'll keep on being the nice guy and see what happens. :3

Fawriel

Smash Master
I now start to wonder why GUYS always assume that, but I rarely see women saying the same thing...

Oh well, I'll keep on being the nice guy and see what happens. :3
The reason is that few people like to blame themselves for their mistakes.
Well, the main reason is just naivety, I suppose.
The main problem is that a lot of teens operate on the false premise that "confidence" equals "badness". And confidence, one might also call it "inner strength", is something you should have if you want to get a relationship. That doesn't mean you have to show off or brag or anything, it's already quite sufficient to be able to smile at someone so they'll actually take note of your existence, to make a joke while not muttering quietly to yourself, or to at least not end up destroying all your chances of ever having a healthy relationship by constantly telling yourself that nobody will ever love you, thereby sending you into a downward spiral of ever-decreasing trust in yourself and your love-interest.

Of course, there ARE girls who want bad guys, but that's a whole different jar of cookies.

Another fun part about this is how so many so-called "nice guys" end up declaring that all women want bad guys. How nice of you stereotyping half the human population!

I was going to post a long and elaborate and, most of all, snarky reply earlier, but oh well. I suppose I could still go into detail if anyone wants me to? o_0

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'd rather not. If this turns into another relationship thread it's getting closed.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I'd rather not. If this turns into another relationship thread it's getting closed.
Alrighty then. Let's get this back on topic so it doesn't get closed, if I may.

It's annoying whenever I'm right in the middle of doing something and I get interrupted by somebody calling me back downstairs/upstairs.

EDIT: It's also annoying how I forget to disable my sig whenever I might get an infraction for it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I really hate when I'm playing guitar and someone calls me to do some bull**** like answer a phone or change a channel, it's so annoying to have to go through all the effort of getting comfortable with it only to have to get up and put it down properly so it won't fall over only to have to get comfortable with it again.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I hate it when I tell people that my phone gets awful service in my house due to the wiring+insulation and they STILL TRY TO ****ING CALL ME.
or worse, they get pissed off because I never answer.

IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE NO SERVICE YOU MORON!
The call doesn't even register!

and then YOU DON'T LEAVE A VOICEMAIL, so I will never know that you called!

Is it that ****ing hard to just send me a text, or god forbid, leave a voicemail?
At least I will eventually receive it!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The reason is that few people like to blame themselves for their mistakes.
Well, the main reason is just naivety, I suppose.
The main problem is that a lot of teens operate on the false premise that "confidence" equals "badness". And confidence, one might also call it "inner strength", is something you should have if you want to get a relationship. That doesn't mean you have to show off or brag or anything, it's already quite sufficient to be able to smile at someone so they'll actually take note of your existence, to make a joke while not muttering quietly to yourself, or to at least not end up destroying all your chances of ever having a healthy relationship by constantly telling yourself that nobody will ever love you, thereby sending you into a downward spiral of ever-decreasing trust in yourself and your love-interest.

Of course, there ARE girls who want bad guys, but that's a whole different jar of cookies.

Another fun part about this is how so many so-called "nice guys" end up declaring that all women want bad guys. How nice of you stereotyping half the human population!

I was going to post a long and elaborate and, most of all, snarky reply earlier, but oh well. I suppose I could still go into detail if anyone wants me to? o_0
Can you Pm it to me? Or Visitor message or something? Yes, I am naive with relationships and such, haha.

On topic:

Red Exodus said:
I really hate when I'm playing guitar and someone calls me to do some bull**** like answer a phone or change a channel, it's so annoying to have to go through all the effort of getting comfortable with it only to have to get up and put it down properly so it won't fall over only to have to get comfortable with it again.
Yeah, I hate when I'm doing whatever that I got comfortable with that I get called to do little stupid meaningless things, like getting a glass of water. D:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Today I discovered that I have a real hate for conspiracy theories especially racist ones such as the black guy always dies first in movies, come on, SOMEONE has to die first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just noticed, I am annoyed to hear a couple very cool songs on the radio, but I am not sure if they announced the song and artist before to not be able to know what and who they are after the song is done. UGH

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I hate racist people. I know its not a little thing, but its really **** annoying to hear about incidents involving them or witness those incidents personally.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I just noticed, I am annoyed to hear a couple very cool songs on the radio, but I am not sure if they announced the song and artist before to not be able to know what and who they are after the song is done. UGH
Whenever that happens to me, I just jot down a small lyric from the song and look it up later.

EDIT: Also, something that annoys me is anyone who while whatching something with you decides to just start talking about something else in no way related to what you're watching and no matter how much you express your disinterest THEY JUST DON'T SHUT UP!!! YOU CAN WAIT FOR THE COMMERCIAL, THE SHOW CAN'T, SO ZIP IT!!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Whenever that happens to me, I just jot down a small lyric from the song and look it up later.
Yea I do that too. This reminds me of something else that annoys me. When you hear a good song...then the next time you tune in to some station, you find that there is a really old song that sounds freakishly similar.

You put two and two together and realize the person super-sampled from the oldie track. Last time this happened to me this kick *** song turned out to be some weird remix of celine dion. My life was forever changed. o_0

D

Deleted member

I hate squeaky band instruments. My brother used to be in the 5th grade band and I had to go listen to these awful 10 year olds attempt to play popular music and severely butcher it.

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
Trick or treaters who just shove their bag at you without a word and don't say thanks when they leave.

djamel

Smash Rookie
I hate it when I see ants marching on a line. And what's with the pierced tongue, it doesn't look good to me.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I CANNOT STAND it when people misspell "doesn't" "dosen't/dosent". I always thought it was a typo but I'm beginning to think that, with how often it happens, that people really think it's spelled that way.

Whenever I see it spelled that way, I pronounce it in my head as "doe-sent" and it irks me to no end.

Just had to say that...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've never seen it spelled with an e. You confused me, I thought I was spelling "doesn't" wrong for a minute there. ^^;

I LOATHE when people ignore me (more than a couple of times), makes me feel like trash.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Open doors when I'm in a room. I hate when I'm in a small room and the door is open, it's just one of these weird OCD like compulsions of mine to close doors

Fawriel

Smash Master
How I constantly put off things to do when I'm in a clearer state of mind.

Because I'm NEVER in a frikkin' "clearer state of mind"!

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
on the pokemon games when someone asks you IF you want to battle and you can't say no. why ask me a question like that knowing that i don't have any other options?!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
on the pokemon games when someone asks you IF you want to battle and you can't say no. why ask me a question like that knowing that i don't have any other options?!
I assume that YOU are the one who starts battles, lol. I mean, not YOU, but as if you were the trainer, and once they see you, indirectly, YOU challenge them, not the other way around.

You understand? Because, some of them say "Sure, I'll accept your challenge".

Also, when asked to battle, its as if you DID say yes but you can't really say no, because its not up to you, its up to the "trainer" who want to become a champion.

Well, this is what I think, anyways. Maybe its just random trainers forcing you into battle, but I like to think of it the way I just explained.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
When your trying to post on swf and the thread fricken gets locked by one of the Mods and you can't fricken post. Its so ******** you waste a hour making the perfect post just to be stopped by that stupid lock.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well think of it this way, it was a long post, spent time on it for a reason. Its natural for someone to get a little frustrated when something like that happens.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, but look at all the recent closed posts in the Proom...

Getting back on topic, it annoys me when people show so little self control that they do something completely and utterly stupid, and then of course whine and cry about it when the consequences set in.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hehe, reminds me of the Foresight pic.

Actually, I noticed something, that may make ME annoying.... I think I like to, "point things out" at times...

For example, I was about to respond to you:

Well yeah, I guess humans make the littlest mistakes and then have to pay for it later.

I always do that when my family is talking, or lecturing... Heh. ^^; I never try to contradict the person speaking, but it sounds that way. Its just me responding.

Top Bottom