• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Alex_Zander

Smash Rookie
I hate when I try to take a picture, someone out of the frame has to put their hand or jump in the way to get a cameo in the photo at the last minute.

Questions that require me to list various things (for example, "Who went to the party last night" or "Who came over").

Also, questions like "Are you sure?" and "Are you positive" after I bluntly made my decision.

Those are just some of the many things that gets to me.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
People who I can't tell whether they're being VERY stupid or just pretending. I really hate that.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Being touched while drinking
People acting smarter than they are
No eating cake every day
Having to stop killing people due to lowering population size

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I hate when people just stop in the middle of the side walk to look in a window. How hard is it to walk on over to the side and out of everyone else's way?

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought of another thing that kind of bothers me that is similar to Livvers.

I can't stand it when you're walking on the sidewalk and someone is walking towards you but they are determined to not move to the side so you have to move into the grass. That's when I mumble some not so nice words that are just loud enough for them to hear.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I thought of another thing that kind of bothers me that is similar to Livvers.

I can't stand it when you're walking on the sidewalk and someone is walking towards you but they are determined to not move to the side so you have to move into the grass. That's when I mumble some not so nice words that are just loud enough for them to hear.
I have another one like that. When you're walking down a narrow path or something, and there's a person walking the other way, so you move out of the way. But the person also does that, so then one of you has to move again, but you both move, and it goes on a few more times before you can get by.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have another one like that. When you're walking down a narrow path or something, and there's a person walking the other way, so you move out of the way. But the person also does that, so then one of you has to move again, but you both move, and it goes on a few more times before you can get by.
Yeah, I hate that and it always seems to happen to somebody when I go to school.

M.K

Level 55
Ok, I wear Crocs when I go to diving practice, they are rubber and insulated, which is awesome for watery sports! Fashion-wise, I agree.

I hate watery coughs. That one that you hear and you are like "****, that person is sick". I also hate the type of sniff where you can hear the snot traveling up your nostril!

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I lol'ed at all the OCDness here.

People who run around in white socks and get them black, extremely chewed up nails to the point of blood, emos and people who hate Crocs. F*** fashion they are comfortable and that is all that matters to me. :)

Emo music is horrible... I've been called an emo just because i like black shirts and Heavy Metal(Thrash,Prog and Power) and that stereotype just pisses me off.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I hate people who are arrogant, it is the most annoying thing in the world. Although that isn't really a little thing, it is actually a major character flaw...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Am I the only one who's notice Livv is annoyed by just about everything and everyone?

D13

Smash Ace
Oh, thought of another one. I don't like long fingernails. They're often discolored, dirty, and gross-looking. Fake ones are okay, though.

bored

Smash Ace
The wind, I have mediumish long, light/thin hair, so whenever I go out somewhere it literally goes all over the place.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
great topic

1. people singing on my team over xbox live.
2. people who go negative on halo 3
3. racist people
4. people who complain if there wining in any game.
5. show offs
6. cosplayers grinds my gears
7. celebs that arent all that smart
ill post more in the future

Blackadder

Smash Master
7. celebs that arent all that smart
Which, depressingly, counts as half the people in Hollywood. =<

Anyways, a little thing that annoys me... I'd have to say a lot of overused internet memes eventually get pretty annoying to read. "It's OVER 9000!!!" just isn't funny anymore guys.

Just.
Isn't.
Funny.
Anymore.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Which, depressingly, counts as half the people in Hollywood. =<

Anyways, a little thing that annoys me... I'd have to say a lot of overused internet memes eventually get pretty annoying to read. "It's OVER 9000!!!" just isn't funny anymore guys.

Just.
Isn't.
Funny.
Anymore.
yea i never found it funny but i still use it for some very odd reasons:urg:

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman

Yea and I sometimes get this with some stuck up girls. After you get by them I sometimes can hear them laughing at me for some reason. What's there to laugh about? It's your fault too!

Also over excessive AIM profiles annoy me. They're so **** long and pointless. Why would anyone read all of that.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yea and I sometimes get this with some stuck up girls. After you get by them I sometimes can hear them laughing at me for some reason. What's there to laugh about? It's your fault too!
From my own experience, teenage girls laugh at other people for EVERYTHING. Different clothes, new clothes, old clothes, the way you walk, your accent, what you had for breakfast, your favorite show, your friends and family, your eyebrows, your pets, your ipod, your smell (maybe justified for some ^^), how you answer questions, your hairstyle, your UN-hairstyle, what you did last summer, your current girlfriend, your bedroom, your internet name, the games you play, the side of the grass you stroll on, your left nostril, your right nostril, sometimes your middle nostril, your dog's bark, your current expression, your past expression, your baby photos, your baby (if you got some poor lass pregnant, you filthy shitstain), your grades, your pencil, your social leaning, your sense of humour, the colour of your MSN skin, your grin, your background, your last school, your current school, what you had for dinner, the sounds you make when you crap, the way you talk to yourself at night, your bedwetting habits, your lack of true friends, your ONLY LOVE LEAVING YOU, YOUR MOTHER DYING IN THAT CAR CRASH, YOUR SISTER BEING ***** BY THAT LUNATIC WHICH WAS YOU IN YOUR SLEEP, THE WAY UOU TRY AND SASY "HI" TO PEOPLE BUT THAT JUST WALK AWAY, THE WAY THAT THE TEACHERS TELL YOU YOU'LL NEVER GET ANYWHERE IN LIFE, YOUR SKIN CONDITION, YOUR LOVE FOR COUNTRY MUSIC, THE WAY THAT OU LIE AWAKE AT NIGHT IBA COLD SWEAT EVERY DAY AFTERSCHOOL AND JUST WISH IT WOULD STOP OR THAT GOD WOULD TAKE YOU AWAY FROM THIS AWFUL NIGHTMARE OF A-

But I digress, not all teenage girls are like that.. Just most of them.

Not that I'm bitter.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
...Not that I'm bitter.
Oh gawd, fortunately I never had to put up with that crap much due to living in an international school, but it's not just teenage girls. It's all girls younger than 20 or so.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Oh gawd, fortunately I never had to put up with that crap much due to living in an international school, but it's not just teenage girls. It's all girls younger than 20 or so.
I find it strange that it's always the males portrayed as the arseholes at school in the movies, but from what I've observed and experienced first hand, the girls are much worse. They may not attack physically, but a lot of them seem to just love putting everyone that isn't in their group down as hard as they can. It's odd, and I've never been able to figure out just why... it can’t be THAT fun.

I didn't know a lot of them were like that up until 20 though, I'd always thought after you hit university all that silly and stupid stuff dies down greatly and everyone gets along fine and well. Hmmmmm!

*thunks*

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Geez, every new person in here reminds me of another pet peeve!

Blackadder and Reyairia: Similarly, walking into a classroom is also very weird for me. If your teacher asks you to go get some computer cord or worksheet copies from another class, you're screwed. Even if you're older than the kids in that class, you will get laughed at (Or you think you are). You go in, walk up to the teacher and ask for what you need, but you can see everybody in the classroom staring at you, and there's laughter, coming from NOWHERE! It's just like spontaneous laughing throughout the room. You hear the little giggles, and every little snicker drains your will to go on. Every little hiccup drives you closer the brink of insanity! Every cackling child is your enemy, your kryptonite, your cancer!

Doo dah doo doo doo, twighlight zone!

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
I like to eat ice that I get in my drinks, so what annoys me is when I'm attempting to eat the last little bit of ice but its stuck at the bottom of the cup/glass. Hitting the bottom really hard seems like the only way of getting it out, but usually it'll come flying out and land on the ground or something.

Argh.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I find it strange that it's always the males portrayed as the arseholes at school in the movies, but from what I've observed and experienced first hand, the girls are much worse. They may not attack physically, but a lot of them seem to just love putting everyone that isn't in their group down as hard as they can. It's odd, and I've never been able to figure out just why... it can’t be THAT fun.

I didn't know a lot of them were like that up until 20 though, I'd always thought after you hit university all that silly and stupid stuff dies down greatly and everyone gets along fine and well. Hmmmmm!

*thunks*
Amen to that... Most girls (atleast around here) are like that. I usually am the lonely exception. (btw i read your other post) I can't stand them... Right now most of my friends are boys...

Ever since i started playing video games (around 3rd grade summer camp) some girls started hating me and later in 7th grade almost every girl hated me because they thought i was a b**** that wanted to steal their boys because i played with them. :ohwell: I do admit that i liked one of the guys i played with but i never really flirted or anything.
I rememeber in lets say 1st and even 4th grade boys were usually like "ewww girls" but that is just something stupid, on the other hand girls hurt people in deep horrible ways...

I've been in 4 different schools, some had nicer girls but always the majority were evil...
Now i'm in 12th, in this school there are quite a lot of girls that play video games but i also like Heavy Metal and anime so umm yeah I only have 3 friends that are girls in the school
and i barely talk to them...:ohwell: (one likes anime and the other 2 are nice and tolerant)

One of my friends(boy) says i just have prejudice over girls and its funny that he doesn't believe me because other than me he isn't close to any other girl and his gfs treated him like s***. He is kind of effeminate (but not gay although i really wouldn't care if he was)
and this one gf of his kept telling him to act like a real man and he eventually found her kissing some rapper looking guy... Nice boys always get **** on... He ended up falling in love with me because he said i was the only girl that didn't make fun of him but i don't like him so umm yeah i broke his heart. That was a year ago now he says what i wrote at the beginning of the paragraph. (selective memory perhaps?)

Sorry i kind of went on a rant there!:psycho:

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

Just.
Isn't.
Funny.
Anymore.
I'm always annoyed by "The cake is a lie" because if there's the slightest reference to cake, people will jump on that quote like clockwork.

I'll still enjoy an overused meme if it just comes out of nowhere but is still dead on. If that even makes sense.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm being absolutely honest here.

I only get annoyed when people say memes in real life if they're fat or loud.

Top Bottom