• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 5 characters take the most skill?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Any character needs a high amount of skill to be successful. But Metaknight needs the least amount of skill to be successful.

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
1.Snake (not becuz i use him and put the mines at popalar places)
2.ice climbers (can be a beast when you no the chain grab)
3.Ganon (slow but work on timing his hits
4.zero suit samus (best air attacker when ur a beast in the air)
5.Mario (water pump and cape is hard to use but can win the match)

Thats my list

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I have to disagree with that.
Anyone can use MK to point, but you have to be skilled at MK to make the most out of it.
Every character needs skill. But relatively, most people say he needs the lowest skill. And to be honest, I cant think of any character who needs less skill than MK.

bribri123123

Smash Ace
:metaknight: does, but once you master him you CAN skill.

"Every character needs skill. But relatively, most people say he needs the lowest skill. And to be honest, I cant think of any character who needs less skill than MK."

I disagree, you can play with anyone, you will just be bad XD

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't know about the top 5, but Pokemon Trainer would definitely be up there. Think about it: controlling 3 different characters of 3 different weight classes, and knowing when to swithch out. It sure seems like a lot of work...

Krono

Smash Rookie
1.pit (no killing moves)
2.bowser ( 2 slow 4 me)
3.sonic (no priority)
4.link (lot o' mind games)
5.diddy (may the banana be with me)

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to try and put these in specific order:
.Diddy
.Peach
.Zero Suit Samus
.Snake
.Sonic

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Here's my list:

1. Olimar: Without his little animal thingies, he's basically useless.
2. Zelda: Have you tried recovering with her? O_o
3. DK: Same reason as Zelda.
4. Jigglypuff: Because when you poke it, it flys away.
5. Yoshi: No recovery. And if you acciedentally do the egg roll of a cliff, you're dead.

1. It's insanely easy to get Pikmin. Just press B on the ground. It's very fast too. I don't see why this is difficult at all. You just press B as fast as you can on the ground.
2. Yeah, Zelda's teleport directions are pretty hard for me. I always mess up. I wish the controller didn't have those notches around the analog stick.
3. DK's recovery isn't hard to use. You don't even need to direct his recovery nearly as much as you need to direct Zelda's. Heck, Diddy's recovery is harder than DK's. You might as well have said Diddy Kong.
4. I agree. And also, I HATE Jigs. So annoying....
5. His recovery is actually pretty decent and easy to use for me. You only need to manage your jumps, and use your up+B if it's not quite enough.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Not enough people say the Ice climbers... they are hard to do much with. in order to be great with them you gotta chain grab a lot and that's hard to do

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
1. Honestly, pikmin pluck is such a fast and lagless move that you can easily keep a good number of pikmin behind you at all times. I don't think the periodic pulling of pikmin is what makes olimar hard.
2. It's still doable and easily repeatable.
1. It's insanely easy to get Pikmin. Just press B on the ground. It's very fast too. I don't see why this is difficult at all. You just press B as fast as you can on the ground.
2. Yeah, Zelda's teleport directions are pretty hard for me. I always mess up. I wish the controller didn't have those notches around the analog stick.
3. DK's recovery isn't hard to use. You don't even need to direct his recovery nearly as much as you need to direct Zelda's. Heck, Diddy's recovery is harder than DK's. You might as well have said Diddy Kong.
4. I agree. And also, I HATE Jigs. So annoying....
5. His recovery is actually pretty decent and easy to use for me. You only need to manage your jumps, and use your up+B if it's not quite enough.
At least someone is agreeing with me on something. LOL

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
1) Peach (believe me)
2) Ice Climbers (yup its two, but thats why you should learn the mastery)
3) Olimar (kinda weird to play)
4) Sonic (too fast, but too weak, gotta learn patience and the killing style)
5) Pit (he's good but has lack of killing moves, + has good tricks that require skill)

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer. ICs for CGs and PT because its like maining 3 different people

c3gill

Smash Ace
LUCAS!!! takes #1
I cant believe he was mentioned only once in the first 5 pages! Doubters, just read that thread that is linked.

IC and Diddy are pretty tough cookies, id say they take 2 and 3, respectively.

Link and Falco fill out the top 5, in my mind- but honestly, its all about those top 3. and its not who are the top 3, its what order you place them in.

tekkie

Smash Master
Snake is extremely easy to be decent. Just keep tilting in any direction and eventually they'll get hit/die from it. I'd agree that he's probably hard to be mega awesome with, though.

My hardest:

-Peach. Weird attacks.
-Ice Climbers. Come on. There's two of them.
-Olimar, to an extent. Spamming moves is easy and will kill lots of people, but it's hard to keep track of Pikmin.
-Lucario. Fudgy lag and weird special moves.
-Jigglypuff. Strange floatiness, odd moves, weird tricks.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
1) Peach (believe me)
2) Ice Climbers (yup its two, but thats why you should learn the mastery)
3) Olimar (kinda weird to play)
4) Sonic (too fast, but too weak, gotta learn patience and the killing style)
5) Pit (he's good but has lack of killing moves, + has good tricks that require skill)
I agree, but I would have to say that Olimar feels weird due to his technical play. You always have to be one step ahead, especially in terms of Pikmin attacks. Plus, all those little Pikmin ghosts just break your heart.

Incarnati0n

Smash Rookie
I learned Marth is now actually really hard to handle properly. you need to space perfectly and it's really hard not to fall in some sort of pattern.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Guys, none of you know Marth. Marth is easy to use at a n00b level, but has a high learning curve. That's why there aren't very many top placing Marths. You have to have perfect spacing, know when to go for kills, be able to recover, know what each and every one of your moves does, and when to use each of them. Also, you need to figure out mixups that work for you so you aren't predictable. You need to know how to gimp well, and when to be patient, etc. It's a lot to keep track of. But he isn't top five hardest to learn for sure.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Yoshi is the only character I can't use well I think. It's like you have to play differently, like you can't use your second jump to edgeguard as easily, and when I play good Yoshis it seems very unique from every other character.

Top Bottom