• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf™

Smash Rookie
sadisticbore said:
but wolf & u r friends whom play together all the time, he knows ur style.
lol hugo's like a book in chineese.... and i cant read chineese

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
we might as well do a

Crew Battle Tournament

4v4

$1 each person winning crew takes all

but the crew battle between deep socal vs superfriends is a different one and they also can participate in the crew battle tournament

yes it is correct......... This Coming Saturday on the 28th of January

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Boozer Crew?
I guess I will take my Ganondorf to the Boozer crew!

Otherwise, I don't know which crew to go to.

I'm thinking if I made one, it would consist of
Me, Hunter, and Tyr.

Charoo

Smash Champion
haha edreese u cheater haha.

This seems like it's going to be a really big biweekly so I hope people bring tv/cube too hee. I'll bring my cube for sure.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Charoo said:
haha edreese u cheater haha.

This seems like it's going to be a really big biweekly so I hope people bring tv/cube too hee. I'll bring my cube for sure.
Yeah, I know. I'm going to try and bring a TV to this one, but I'll have to see if my roommates are ok with it.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
SSBMCHAMP1 said:
Hey, Is It Only Going To B A Tourny, Or Can We Play For Fun To?

more tv's the better. I already explained that if there is time after there will be more time for free play but we have to do the tournament 1st. And yes We do not allow people to just come and do free play, that's just stupid.

so we usually close the biweekly at 7pm so after the tournament is done and probably crews, whatever time is left is for free play.

Biweeklies are to unit socal and for them to get better and do better in tournaments. Results have proven that biweeklies do help...

champ for example was beating the random people at MLG LA and if he didnt participate in biweeklies, i think he'd still be like those random people.

anyhow biweeklies help prepare people for tournament experience, which is what we all need. Some people might do REALLY really good in friendlies and they just suck in tournament. Thats basically what we are preparing them for.

Edit: this isn't probably the last biweekly I'll post more dates when i confirm with my brother... I think i'll be too busy to host/participate in biweeklies this semester i'll see how it comes down. Manacloud on the otherhand is taking a semester break so if anything he will be able to host biweeklies if everyone is still wondering

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Ken, i remember you guys have an old school TV that doesnt have AV output so ill bring my cube and the RF switch for that tv.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OMGOMGOMG it's tomorrow! XD

And a happy Tet to all Viets that care this coming weekend! ^____^

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
the Biweekly is tommorrow!! There are still a lot of questions to be answered.

Will Champ finally do more champ combos on Ken than just 2 or will he just eat ken combo's left and right as usual!?

Will a Booser Crew be formed!?

Will Trevyn be back from Arizona in order to come!?

Will Edreese finally lose his $2 that he formally won from Crew battles!?

Will Arash make it back in time from Work to participate in Singles!?

Has Edreese fixed his broken TV cord!?!

Will Azn_lep and his crew come on time and Bring a TV this time!?

Will Dodger's Kirby become a Sheik Counter!?

Will Hugo get off of Work to be able to come!?!

Will Dodger be able to bring a TV!?

Will Caotic's australian accent become and American one by now!?

Will Hirsine be teaming with Helen once again!?!

Will SSBMChamp1 Get a ride?

Has Azeem really been stepping it up to challenge All of superfriends to a Money Match?

Who is the mysterious Last Person in Deep Socal's Crew!?

Who will win between Deep Socal Vs Superfriends? Will Deep socal gain a triumphant win or will Superfriends serve them once again!?

who knows, but all these questions will be answered at the Biweekly!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Will Dodger's Daring duo be destroyed in the first duel by the dominant Ken/Mike team for the third time in a row? Tune in tomorrow friends. Same smash time! Same smash channel! :-)

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
ogmz my ride to biweekly has gone awol. i have no idea where he is, and i have no idea how im gonna get to biweekly now `-`. thomas are you going to biweekly tomorrow? if you are is it possible for me to get a ridee. let me knoww.

araknophobik

Smash Master
**** man, i really wish i could make it to this one...but i got work tomorow, i go in at 4

Will there be one next week? or will there be a bi-weekly hiatus for awhile?

Charoo

Smash Champion
sephirothken said:
ATTENTION!!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE BIWEEKLY ON TIME MEANING 11:45-12:00so if you're driving from a long way please wake up early and be on time
That mean's you superfriends

please be considerate to the people who have to do things after the tournament and want to compete. I know its a shame when people come and do not get to play because they have to leave

I'm going to start letting people in around 11:45-12:00 because of set up!

Also if you come early lets say 11:00, grab a bite to eat or wait a bit!!

that is all........ WE collect doubles and singles Money at the same time and do both brackets so the tournament is ends faster. Just keep that in mind

we try to be as organize and make the tournament run smoothly as possible
just a reminder to people.... COME ON TIME GUYS!!!

Straight

Smash Journeyman
You guys can go ahead and not wait up for us, unfortunately we will not be showing up today.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
great bi weekly guys!!! LOTS OF FUN! although I think double elimination in crews is a bit too much eheheh.

Anyway thanks alot Mike, Ken, Helen, Jenny for hosting us! Much appreaciated. Didn't fix my TV but thanks to azeem and others there seemed to have been more than enough! Lots of fun. And I chose falco on a whim at that second because I decided to start branching off a secondary or too, but it probably won't be Falco. It's likely going to be Young Link, I just want my other chars to get more in tourney practice because they only have friendly practice.

Mana- lol , some of the things u say to us when i'm crew matching are hilarios i wanted to burst out laughing but i needed to focus on the match haha

Ken- I'm defeating you're marth one day! At least I found out the anti-ken combo stage

Tons of fun...but seems like it's the last one for awhile eh? Oh well.

Arash- **** you for choosing brinstar! however..you taught me that it's a decent peach stage.

Dodger- Bigtime improvements on your Kirby, bigtime!

Champ - Arghz its always so close except for the falco match, the other was one..94%! i remember it clearly..hehe. Next time i'll trick you into doing the wrong hw so you can come to the bi weekly devasted..jk.

caotic- i already see great improvement in your peach from the first time we played. good job.

patrick- keep up the ice climbers, lol, but you can't handle the young link friendlies :D

squish- I was worried there for a sec in the crew match vs sheik...but i got a cheap edgeguard - to edgehog, gotta love those though.

ultra luigi/donkey kong- exchange friend codes for mk?? I didn't get to play you when you're playing well, and I wasn't on my own DS either. hehe.

azeem- lol suicides

superfriends- looks like i didn't lose a single match to any of you guys this bi weekly! bwuha..hahahah

mike y - awesome marth. with a little more practice we'll have a good round arsenal of chars in deep socal. you must learn to evade the jab to grab! hehehe

Arash

Smash Lord
rofl

today was too good, and i have no idea how i'm gonna wake up on time for work tomorrow, but it was all worth it

caotic - boozer challenge is too good

edrees - brinstar is great for peach and bowser?? first green greens was taken away from bowser and now this... we'll settle this next time

jenny - too good at winning holdem tonight, hopefully i'll have better luck at the end

squish - continues to be a crew powerhouse... keep it up man

pat - i think you were the IC guy, if so then good shizz, if not then my bad lol

gus - nice seeing you again, next time your fox is toast:)

champ - ROFLMAO at yelling champ combo... congrats on 3rd place in singles

helenz - lol you weren't lucky at all tonight at texas holdem... but there's always next time

ken - good stuff winning first... if i were you i'd never call my all in again:):):)

mike - holdem is too good, but i prevailed at the end... too good in crews

azeem - keep at it man, one day you'll beat ken's ganon and thanks for the 2 TV action

michael Y - our match was hilarious.. i don't think i'll pick green greens ever again

ultraluigi - so.... many... misfires.... rofl in the end bowser took his revenge

roger - HA i remebered ur name this time.. thanks for bringing TV and cube, and keep up the crazy kirby work

anyone else i forgot - you're all improving, keep up the good work

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
GREAT biweekly

this is helen on kens name :)

awesome biweekly

here are the results - brackets too

singles bracket
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bisingles8ov.jpg

Results of 2SINGLES on 01/28/2006
32-man bracket
1 KEN
2 MANA
3 Champ
4 GUS
5 EDREES
5 arash
7 MICHAEL Y
7 Caotic
9 KEITH
9 Azeem
9 ULTRA LUIGI
9 SQUISH
13 HONESTER
13 PAT
13 JASON
13 JONH N
17 ZATHIRE
17 Core
17 DLUU
17 RYUUJIN
17 HIRSINE
17 NK
17 adam
17 KROGG
25 Bye
25 JONH P
25 Bye
25 JEVEAR
25 LEVIN
25 Bye
25 ROGER
25 KHOA

i deleted the doubles bracket on accident ..
but TOP 3 DOUBLES were

1.Slashing Flamingos - ken and mana
2.Team Boozer - arash and caotic
3.Deep Socal - edrees and azeem

Crew Battle Bracket
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bicrew8bg.jpg

Results of CREW on 01/28/2006
8-man bracket

1 eLITE 5
2 DeEp SoCaL
3 TEAM SQUIRSHINE
4 TEAM INTERNATIONAL
5 PINK PUNCH
5 OFFICIALLY HOPELESS
7 Bye
--------------------------
7 Bye - SUPERFRIENDS !
^^ haha just kidding .. superfriends didnt make it :urg: maybe next time eh ?

helen never does shoutouts.. but this biweekly was just too great !

arash- i had no luck at all -_- darn those champ CARDS ..
champ- CHAMP COMBOO !! 3rd place .. not BAD ! =]
gus- long time no see =)
caotic- :p
KROGG&PAT- haha .. how did you guys like the candy ? too bad PAT got charged :dizzy:
people who donated to the OC2 - thanks a lot !
everyone else - GOOD STUFF ! :)

SEE YOU ALL NEXT TIME >=D

PS .. MY GOAL WAS TO FINISH SINGLES BRACKET BY 3:30 ! BUT i failed .. :( due to Champ's homework ... i guess finishing around 4:15 wasnt bad :ohwell:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Superfriends – I better meet you guys one day…

MANA – “If you feel really cold at night… you’re on your own.” *CAOTIC trying to sleep* > O_________O” Man was freeeeaky ****! WTF LOL.XD

Ken – Mexican food = MOAN. So many of us felt like inside burning hahaha

Champ – I got Champ Comboed! Yay!

Edrees – You’re going down

Arash – Team Boozer was very cuutteeee.

Azeem- Just SD every match against me already?!?! LOL! Awww…

Squish – SAN DIEGO TRIWEEKLY NEXT WEEK, YO! And your Sheik pwned. Glad to be a part of Team Squirshine.

Azn_Lep – Yeeeaaaaa finally met you – sic *** performance in crews with your sexy IC’s 

Helen – Tanx for tournry + poker lol

Hirshine – Good Peach dittoes lol

Krogg – Yoshi!! *waves*

Dodger – O__O @ Kirby!! Closest match for me… :O

Levin - You're a loud legend!

Much<3 goes to the rest of you :)

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman

WHAT?!? NO MARIO PARTY???!?

Oh well, next time.........But I want some, instead of holdem(but jenny had luck from ;) )

Smash Tournament
Krogg-We did well as a team. I had Darkfire once and we were not on the same rhythm. Just the SD's is what killed us :dizzy:

Team Boozer-You should've stayed to Boozer, even if you lose on you 1st fight :cry:

Ryujin- Pretty interesting. Just that I changed Strategey to throwing turnips.

Wow. My Sheik scared you :chuckle: I win next time!

Crew Match

Deep Socal-Amazing 2nd fight. Champ Combos still kill everyone. :p Fighting Ken however, was painful to watch. :urg: (Now, what was that man juice trading between Rashy and Mike with the money?)

Pink Punch-Loud crew I would say.I guess we need you guys for OC2 :laugh:

-----------------------------------
Champ-I guess your fox needs to get faster, but you should ban FD AND Battlefield. "I will kick door" "Champ Combo!"

Hoang Familiy-What can say.....I would like thank you for doing these bi-weeklys and planning OC2 and taking me out dinner and stuff. I was Jenny's luck charm, directed bad luck to Ken, and I was DIRECTLY across from Mike to give him luck riches too. Arash just has skills :p

I will check on to see when the next bi-weekly date then :)

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Super good biweekly. This was the best one ive been too so far.

Ken- Nice talking to you. Too bad you wont be able to attend biweeklies cause of school but education is best.

Mana- Funny stories man, Ketchup lol. Ill try to see if i can help finding a place, but i cant guarantee anything. Falco match was cool, i hate those stupid lasers.

Helen- You looked sick or something, if you were I hope you feel better.

Arash- How can you dodge my misfires! Luigi cheap combos my *** lol. Ill get you next time.

Champ- You did CHAMP COMBO on me. You lucky i didnt finish my Luigi air cyclone combo on you.

Eddrees- Friend code sure thing. Its 047304-125487.

Krog- Nice yoshi matches we had. Hope to have some more later.

Adam- Nice talking to you and fun matches we had.

The Peach Player that talks a lot of ****- Funny things you said but they didnt faze me in crews lol. Thanks for supporting us when we were up against other crews.

Tavo- You owned us in crews. Crazy shiek.

Fun MKDS races but my DK was a discrace. Ill see you guys on wifi MKDS name Ultra Luigi.

Kirby player- Nice kirby. You got me nervous in crews on Yoshi story when you took my stock.

To everyone else- Sorry if i forgot to mention anyone else. Good times and Ultra Luigi will be back for more.

Dodger

Smash Ace
What an awesome biweekly. Although, I think I prefer small turnouts 'cause I win more when the tunrout is small :-). It's a good thing there were a lot of TVs, or else it would have taken FOREVER. Good thing: My team did NOT have to face Ken/Mike in the first round *phew*. Bad Thing: 2 and Out in singles. D'Oh. can't win em all I guess.

Michael Y: Wow! 7th in singles? No wonder Team UCI did so well, you were carrying the team! I hope I didn't get in your way too much :-). Good stuff man.

Gus: My Kirby isn't a Shiek counter yet, but I think I gave you a run for your money. Thanks for the warm up matches.

Arash: "Arash plays <random char>?!" "I play every character!" Lol. I wish I could play everyone like you. And thanks for remembering my name :-).

Azeem: Go Deep SoCal! Second best crew in SoCal...heheh. Way to go with the TVs.

Edrees: Man you've got two strong secondaries in Falcon and Y. Link. Not to mention a great main in Peach. Congrats on second in Crews, and 5th in singles.

Caotic: Oh man! That crew battle was awesome! Sooooo close!

To my crew:
Levin: Heh, you were great with all that Trash talk. "Kirby spikes!" Muahahah :-).

Krogg: Yes! Yoshi! Low Tier for Life!

Adam: You took me out in singles, but then we were crewmates. So I guess I don't hate you too much...lol just kidding.

Go Pink Punch!

Ultra Luigi: Your Luigi is craaaazy. I was glad I at least got 1 stock off you in crews. Good Game man :-).

Ken, Mike, Helen: Thanks for hosting another awesome biweekly! You guys are awesome. (Thanks for the results Helen :-)

To anyone I forgot: Sorry! But Good Games all around!

Addricted

Smash Rookie
Hey this is Levin (the loudmouth peach player :)) I had an amazing time. Thanks to everyone who helped organize/run for their time

Roger: You surprised the crap out of me! After seeing you play Adam I was a little nervous about how our crew would perform but you freaking ***** with the kirby spikes and the wavedash scoop. Next time there are crews you gotta join us again :)

Krogg: GOTTA OVULATE ON 'EM

Ultra Luigi: Your crew better thank you for carrying them :p No prob for the backup, I figured it's not like elite 5 needed any moral support hahaha

Squirshine: That crew battle was soooo fun. I must say I'm happy just to have been 3 stocked by you guys after watching how you did in the rest of the tourney. Thanks for letting me back you up in the metagame after we lost, it was nice to keep the energy up even though we were out of the tournament :)

Pat: Keep ****** with IC. Freaking chain throws going nuts. I'll stop getting shieldgrabbed by ganon one of these days...

Hirshine: 4v1 with trash talk and you're calling my crew loud? During my match it was 3v0 since me and squish weren't talking. I think you guys were way louder, just couldn't handle the kirby spikes :) And believe me, if I'm there in August it's going to be out of control. No more of this east coast trash talking uncontested that's for dang sure.

I can't say I was really excited about the 0-2 drop I had in singles, but I deserved it with how bad I was playing (and how good my opponents were). I'm definitely coming to as many of these as I can to improve, and stop walking into shieldgrabs :(

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

it was a good turnout and a great bi weekly, bi weeklies are still continuing so dont be discouraged just yet. Also we are still asking for donations the more people who donate the more likely oc 2 will happen so if you live in so cal and would like to help out pls donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom