• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WestCoast Captain

DanteFox

Smash Champion
so that means one spot left huh?
It'll probably go to lucky.

edit: nm king said he wanted to prove himself, so that makes two spots left technically. but yeah I bet it'll be those to.

pretty nice looking crew if I do say so. Fairly varied, with vets and relatively fresh talent alike. :)

Zoap

Smash Master
Jeff making the crew is why Mango got a hug. And he let us do top 3. The man is to good at PR.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
lucky should be a lock for the last spot honestly

he's beaten SS, now forward. did he play taj or wobbles in tourny?

Hostility

Smash Ace
I'm just a random player but here's my 2 cents:

I feel like hugs, isai, and king should prove themselves before they get a reserved spot like they are getting right now. These guys are all great players, but they've been gone from smash a long time and they all seem either rusty and not as good as they used to be, or never go to tournaments at all. Hugs placed well at mango juice for someone who doesn't play melee, but I don't think that 7th is good enough for this crew. If he steps it up by genesis that's one thing but honestly, looking at the level of the players on this list, I just don't see hugs, king, or isai being at their level at this moment in time.

I'm shocked isai and king are being considered at all right now, isai has been to one norcal tournament where he placed like 5th or something, he's very very rusty. And king said it perfectly himself, he needs to prove himself and actually show up to tournaments. Hopefully both of these guys step it up by geneisis, but honestly these two shouldn't even be considered until they do prove that they are back playing as well as they should be.

Do not put lunin on this crew. Lunin is a very good player, but I don't know how he manages to lose to some of the people he does and he seems really weak in certain matchups, and I've never seen someone with the inconsistent streak he has. He's got to prove that he can win matches he's supposed to, rather than losing to people he shouldn't be losing to.

SS should have been considered from the start even though his play before mango juice had been a little off, but I'm glad to see him on now.

Pink shinobi and lucky should be on this list. Lucky doesn't lose to people he shouldn't unless he sandbags his *** off like he did to P, and he's a very good player, only losing to zhu, mango, and SS recently as far as I know, and while Pink Shinobi didn't place spectacularly high at mango juice, his losses weren't bad losses (I remember for sure forward beating him in losers, I forget who put him in though, I think it was zhu but I'm not 100% on that). These people IMO should be on the list and King, hugs, and isai should have to prove themselves over Pink Shinobi and Lucky rather than the other way around.

MacD

Banned via Administration
He's a great player, but he's not a very versatile player matchup wise, and I've never seen someone with the inconsistent streak he has. He's got to prove that he can win matches he's supposed to, rather than losing to randoms in pools like he did at mango juice.
...:dizzy:

Kira-

Smash Champion
I mostly agree with Hostility

except for Hugo. I don't think you know how clutch he is

and don't talk **** about rey

MacD

dont talk **** about macd
i like these two together

i know i'm not one of the greatest players, but i wouldn't consider myself "some random," especially since zhu was training me these past 2 weeks against fox

and rey is a great player too, many people know his peach training isn't the best, he is a little week in that match up, but it was far from me like 3 stocking him twice, he did well enough on the neutral that i thought he was going to counter something like poke or yoshi's, i feel if anything the differentness of poke is what helped me win

rey on the whole is a much better player then me, but it's like i'm not some random noob

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
no, you're definitely some random

don't worry though, next time we play in tourny i'll throw the set for you

and for the most part hostility's post was half dumb, half noob

MacD

why falcon, so you can win, lol, i wanna play you're fox
but you know me so well, macd doesn't mm

who would you use in tourny

Hostility

Smash Ace
i like these two together

i know i'm not one of the greatest players, but i wouldn't consider myself "some random," especially since zhu was training me these past 2 weeks against fox

and rey is a great player too, many people know his peach training isn't the best, he is a little week in that match up, but it was far from me like 3 stocking him twice, he did well enough on the neutral that i thought he was going to counter something like poke or yoshi's, i feel if anything the differentness of poke is what helped me win

rey on the whole is a much better player then me, but it's like i'm not some random noob
I'm assuming you're the peach he lost to in pools. I don't know anything about your peach, nor did I see your match, but by random, I meant someone who isn't ranked at all, I didn't mean it as someone inherently terrible or anything. I didn't mean anything negative toward you in my post, and I apologize if it came off like I thought you were bad or something when I don't think that at all. You obviously aren't bad if you took a set off lunin, and I don't mean to degrade your win, at the end of the day you won fair and square and you deserve it.

And let me make this clear as well, I think lunin is a great fox player, I like watching him play, and I respect what he's accomplished which is far more than I have. But that guy loses a lot of matches against people he shouldn't be losing to, no question. This guy beats silent spectre in sets but then loses to an unranked peach in pools? Sorry but I don't think he should be losing to you. And it isn't like this is the first time lunin has lost to someone he wasn't supposed to either, not by a long shot, which is why I don't think he should be on the regional crew.

MacD

yea, i agree with what you're saying

it's just the way it came off in the post i was like, wtf, random??? i took it like you meant random sucky person, not unranked

Hostility

Smash Ace
I mostly agree with Hostility

except for Hugo. I don't think you know how clutch he is

I just wanted to clarify again, I do not think rey is a bad player. Not by a longshot, Rey is a great player, what I meant in my post was, it seems like rey loses to a lot of people he shouldn't lose to, especially when he's playing people out of region, so in my view, I don't think he should be on the crew.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
why falcon, so you can win, lol, i wanna play you're fox
but you know me so well, macd doesn't mm

who would you use in tourny
falcon lolol

he ***** on brinstar

and if you don't ban yoshi's i'll go marth

and if i actually want to win i'll CP some gay stage with fox

Hostility

Smash Ace
yea, i agree with what you're saying

it's just the way it came off in the post i was like, wtf, random??? i took it like you meant random sucky person, not unranked
Yea that was my bad, I'll go ahead and change some of the wording around in my original post. I didn't want to offend anyone in my post or degrade players in any way. It was just my personal opinion on who should be on the crew and why I thought the way I did.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmm for the record it doesnt matter

what u guys think of

i get final say ahhhh ****

and right now lucky has got the tenth spot

but that isnt fo sho

MacD

falcon lolol

he ***** on brinstar

and if you don't ban yoshi's i'll go marth

and if i actually want to win i'll CP some gay stage with fox
i'd rather play you're marth on on yoshi's then you on a gay fox stage like corneria

and i did beat emerican's falcon on brinstar, i don't know where else to take them when they ban mute

Hostility

Smash Ace
hmmmmmmm for the record it doesnt matter

what u guys think of

i get final say ahhhh ****

and right now lucky has got the tenth spot

but that isnt fo sho
For the record, I know my opinion doesn't matter.

Just curious though, who else are you thinking of putting in besides lucky? I'm trying to think of people better than him not on the team already and I can't think of anyone.

Top Bottom