• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Kone

Smash Master
Could be, is anyone else up for it though?

Btw, can't run out the weekend ive posted. My monthly will be the sat 6th of november (instead of a friday to accommodate more people coming and tempt more). I should also have a venue sorted.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll be there on the 6th for sure, really good date for me right now it seems.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
aww man, I already bought my train tickets and everything... well thats a waste of £20.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Bmack I'm sure the tickets will be for any date from the 6th lasting 1 month, thats how they usually are. How can New Street to Stourbridge cost £20 I don't believe that lol, maybe like £4

Tamoo

Smash Master
Right, just found some absolutely rediculous prices on the 6th that are too good to be true, but basically, if I'm awake at some god awful unsociable hours, I could actually financially make this. Would only cost me a tenner return by train which is ****.

It would mean me arriving at stourbridge at 9.40 and leaving at 20.25 but these are the only times, i can afford, otherwise it's gonna cost me 40.

It's all very last train/first train so it's kinda risky cos with four changes, one missed train could cost me but i sure miss the midlands :)

would these times be alright?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
bmack - train tickets from where that it cost you so much? :s
I bought tickets to Stourbridge on Friday and then to London from Stourbridge on Saturday... But now that you've cancelled, those tickets are useless.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
if your going to London on Saturday... Just buy a signal to Stourbridge for like £3 or £4 or whatever it is and go to London from there, then you will loose like 20 mins on a train and £4 at worst.

Kone

Smash Master
I bought tickets to Stourbridge on Friday and then to London from Stourbridge on Saturday... But now that you've cancelled, those tickets are useless.
You cant get to london from stourbridge. You have to go to birmingham moor street or new street from stourbridge, change, and then go to london. Check your tickets. Basically, youll have lost £4 and will be able to use the tickets youve bought but just ignore going to stourbridge on sat and get the train from brum city centre to london. Check your tickets :)

What time did you buy your tickets to stourbridge on sat? I apologise for the change in date but seriously no one normally books things in advance around here as everyones local and the train prices are set at £4 return before 7pm and £2 return after from city centre. In future just give me a text before you book so that I can 100% confirm. Unless I announce ive hired a venue then it really doesnt matter.

But, check your tickets, you shouldnt have lost the use of your tickets.

Tamoo

Smash Master
oh wait wtf, this is on the 6th? I thought it was 30th :/

I'm already booked to go to VAs which is a shame cos a tenner to go to birmingham is awesome. I'll def come up next monthly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sad times, a lot of people complain about that if they lived in London they would be able to play a lot and improve blah blah blah....yet you have someone who is making a massive effort to create similar conditions and you're not making the effort to attend or giving any notifications if you truely can't make the event.

And rudeness to anyone making an effort is out of order, a little more respect and organization within the community is all that's really needed...and it's not that hard either people.

Kone

Smash Master
Okay I have now calmed down, lol, and happy to run a west midlands monthly on sat november 6th. At the moment the venue will be my house (enough tvs) and will include tournaments in melee and project m. This will kick start a rolling ranking system for these monthlies.

Monthly will be Sat day and people are welcome to stay Sat night. I know have the two spares rooms available and thus alot more space. I also now have; 2 x double mattresses, 2 x single mattresses, 1 x double blow up bed, 1 x single blow up bed and clean bed linen for all.

Ill be charging £1 for staying at mine. This isn't me being cheap and saying it is for electricity. The £1 will go towards purchasing blow up beds. Thus, every monthly there should be another blow up mattress available. This way if we get to the point where we have large numbers everyone will be comfortable.

Likely to be £2 in for melee singles. All to go to the winner.

Im still looking for venues. Ive found a meeting room that is big enough for 15 but costs £7 each for 6 hours. Not sure anyone is cool with that :s. I think the numbers of our monthlies won't be sufficient enough for a venue until we have out of region players turning up regularly.

Im still looking into pub function rooms though as I think that would be ideal for these get togethers. Small, cheap and alocohol ;)

Oh, Sat night im thinking of going down the pub aswell after monthly is over. Those wanting to can come those not just chill at mine :)

Kone

Smash Master
I need people to confirm whether they can make this by the end of this week. Whether enough people come justifies whether I run it. It also impacts on how much planning and marking I do during the week (prior to the monthly) rather than at the weekend. So please be thoughtful and let me know.

Everyones welcome and everyones welcome to stay.

Will you don't owe me money for beers. If I give you beers then its because Im a nice guy ;).

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
if parents dont mess me up with last minute plans (theyve developed a habit of doing this) then i should be able to make this..

i gotta start practising harder since everyone is out of my league....for now

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
ddiz are you 18? do whatever you want. dont let your parents control what you can do like mine do

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
u dont understand, if they go off on the weekend and i leave for this, that would just leave my 14 yr old brother to take care of the baby...BAD idea :p

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I need people to confirm whether they can make this by the end of this week. Whether enough people come justifies whether I run it. It also impacts on how much planning and marking I do during the week (prior to the monthly) rather than at the weekend. So please be thoughtful and let me know.
Not sure if I can make the monthly itself, is it ok if I come in the evening and stay the night?

Smo

Smash Journeyman
i'm definitely game. and just because you're 18 doesn't mean you can stop respecting your parents and their plans/wishes.

Top Bottom