• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
ed are you still planning on hosting midlands monthlies at that venue in Brummy?

just wanna know =]

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Smo I'll probably be staying the night assuming it's ok with Ed. Will be going to my girlfriends at Leicester on the trains Sat morn it seems

Kone

Smash Master
Urgh I have major problems with Friday. It maybe better for me Saturday to be honest lads. Ill talk to Kate, see if I can get out of arrangements on friday for you guys to come round. If I can't, is Sat do-able at all? I know that Brad and Cal said they were up for Fri and that it is Cal's bdat Sat so he may not be up for it on Sat. Which means Ill have to try doubly hard with Kate ;)

Also, Smo, try not book tickets that early man. I hope that you haven't wasted money but you may have :s. Train tickets from brum central to stourbridge are the same price be it you book early or not. Same price on the day.

Saying that I am a Teacher and I am at a school in Nuneaton. I don't generally get home till 5.30pm. Give me an hour after that to chill out (kids can wind me up lol) and anytime after that is fine. Generally, likes of yeniths etc just kip over the night. Plenty of space etc.

Ed x

Kone

Smash Master
smo what was your post about lol? nd when did you buy tickets for fri?

georgy ima quite sure friday will be fine. Ill post 2moro confirming ^^

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL at the smo post to, I have no clue.

Great stuff Ed, Fri would be fantastic :D I will be heading straight to Leicester from yours Saturday morning it seems.

Hope start of teaching has all gone ok, I have faith in you so I'm sure it has!

Kone

Smash Master
Friday is looking fine, confirm later today. Ill be home by 5ish so anytime after 6 would be okay to pop over.

I think Smo was drunk and had just been sick lol. He posted at 3am. Smo you were welcome to kip over friday night. Ill be having a few beers if it helps.

School has gone very well. Very lucky as the school is soooooooo much nicer than the schools I have taught in before. I can actually get on and teach instead of worrying about controlling the class to much!

Brado

Smash Lord
Good stuff with the teaching, I've been in bad classes and it must be so **** for some teachers, especially at the age your teaching haha.

I'll liekely get very drunk off very few cans of Strongbow again.

And we can travel together Saturday Georgee :p

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i wonder where calz getting all this money from :confused:

cuz im still waiting for my £7.50 =/

Kone

Smash Master
Okay this is confirmed. Anytime after 6pm Friday. Get to stourbridge junction. You all shoud know how to get to mine except smo, who ill sort out. Leave in the morning pweez.

Ive got the couch, double mattress, double blow up mattress and single blow up mattress. Sooo plenty of space for people to kip over. However I am limiting it to;

Yeniths
Smo
Brado
Calzum
Willz

Potentially one more if they wanted ^_^

Ill get some food in for friday night. Some sort've buffet/picky food that I can throw in the oven.

Will be having a few beers if anyone wants to join me.

For smo if you want to kip over (others will be) thats a okay. Got bedding (clean lol) aswell.

Kone

Smash Master
Also I havent played since sny so george if you beat me to start with you know why ;) and it also doesn't count once ive had a drink. Which probably means there will be very little chance for you to beat me honestly lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I demand a MM!

I haven't heard from Smo, but I assume hes confirmed that hes coming?

If you got some food Ed that'd be amazing and I'd give a bit of money towards it of course.

I'm excited for this as have been wanting to play some Smash for a while :)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
This is actually pretty tempting to come to, but theres someone on that list who REALLLLY doesnt like me, so i think il give it a pass, sux tbh.

Brado

Smash Lord
Who's the one on the list who don't liek you? I actually think it'd be pretty cool if you came lool

I'm confirmed, just gotta buy tickets, and as with george I'll give ya money for food if you want duude.

I shall join you drinking and probably get trashed off about 4 cans again lool, i'll keep my stomach under control this time ;)

Shotgun double mattress

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
ok guys i'm sorry bout falkin yesterday 1 of my flat m8s m8s came round so we went out n got mashed up lol =] but i might tlk 2 the student accommodation n c if i can rent out the hall they hve there once a month it should b able 2 hold about 100+ n it shld b free or cheap 2 rent hopefully it would also mean i cld do a west midland monthly in stafford which isnt 2 hard 2 get 2 n we cld start early n finish around 10 n ppl cld still get trains n coach home so let me knw ur thought n if there is some positive feedback then ill tlk 2 them on monday after my lectures

Kone

Smash Master
To be honest Nathan I dont think we need a hall or anything for west midland get togethers. If you get a hall sorted you may aswell run a national tournament lol. My view on monthlies is that they should be as social as possible. Personally, Id hate monthlies to become like london monthlies cooped up in a ****ty hall all day :(.

Furthermore, I am CURRENTLY hosting the west midland monthlies at my place. As ive posted before ill be happy to have people over last friday of every month. Arrive 6pm leave by 11am sat.

Ill be hosting another get together Friday October the 29th. Ill be upping the amount of people that can come as Kate's bro is moving out and ill have the spare room done. Means we got another two double beds available :). Ill probably cap it at like 8 or so.

Cheers george, sam, will, cal and brad for turning up. Enjoyed meself :D. Let me know if you guys can make it at the end of oct for another one. Ill have a think of other random crap we can do. Plus, Ill have my dryer sorted so there is proper clean and dry duvets for all AND will make sure Ive got down to ASDA and got some buffet food in. Ill also be kind again and supply beer for the reluctant ;)

To nathan/george if you guys do host things try avoid last fris of the month and keep that free for my get togethers.

Lastly, to George or Sam )who are pretty local) let me know if you guys are up for games any weekend as I generally will be ^^. George did I hear you would try abit of DD out? id go for that lol. Geekyness.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
ok guys i'm sorry bout falkin yesterday 1 of my flat m8s m8s came round so we went out n got mashed up lol =] but i might tlk 2 the student accommodation n c if i can rent out the hall they hve there once a month it should b able 2 hold about 100+ n it shld b free or cheap 2 rent hopefully it would also mean i cld do a west midland monthly in stafford which isnt 2 hard 2 get 2 n we cld start early n finish around 10 n ppl cld still get trains n coach home so let me knw ur thought n if there is some positive feedback then ill tlk 2 them on monday after my lectures
100+? Run a national!

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
thanks for hosting + the hospitality Ed, had a lot of fun. i'd like to come to more in the future, money is pretty lame though =[

also...

SHOUT OUTS TO GEORGE FOR LOSING MONEY TO ME
SHOUT OUTS TO CAL FOR ACTUALLY GIVING ME MONEY AND HAPPY BDAY
SHOUT OUTS TO PIMMS FOR BEING HELLA NASTY
SHOUT OUTS TO BRAD FOR BEING DRUNK AND SOZ FOR SKANKING YOU THIS MORNING
SHOUT OUTS TO SAM FOR BEING COOL
SHOUT OUTS TO CPU DK FOR BEING ****
SHOUT OUTS TO EGG MAYO SANDWICHES FOR BEING SO NICE

2nd best falcon in UK right here

Brado

Smash Lord
Thanks for having us over Ed, was a siick night, proper tired now though haha.

Will def try and make it next month ;D

lool @ willz shoutouts. pimms is nasttyyyy

Hao

Smash Journeyman
George? ddiz? Hao? King? Deathgazer? Koop? Tamoo? LC?
I really need to start checking this forum more often.

George told me about the friday session but I couldn't make it, parents were being *******s haha. I can make wednesday afternoons + weekends basically.

Should be able to come for an overnight session soon as my parents are going away somewhere ha.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
is this still exclusively Melee? sounds like the one on Friday/yesterday was pretty awesome... but unfortunately I couldnt make it... although now I just wanna play some smash... i'm craving it so bad... wish I had my Wii here... :(
I would love to have a national up in Bham!
Kone, I'll almost definitely be at the next monthly at your place, and I'm up for smash whenever really :)

Kone

Smash Master
We had brad/cal/will/smo/yeniths at this. Im expecting next time we get more of the west midland players turning up. Looking at ddiz/hao/baron/king to make it next time ;).

Baron - im fine with you setting brawl up. I have plenty of space and tvs. However, we will try to get you into melee as its a. better and b. is a much cooler/more sociable community ;). DoplG is a brawler and lives in Walsall which is near Brum. I aint ever spoke to him before but you could try get him to turn up to these.

I can't ever host anything in the week Hao unless its a school holiday. I teach so its to much for us. Ill be hosting fridays as it means I still largely have my weekend to plan and mark for the week after. Anyone is welcome to stay the night.

If it gets to the point that we need more space than my house for what the monthlies I run ill look into local pub function rooms which imo would suffice (theres one round the corner which would work) but that depends on whether we regularly get ten more. My place is still probably still alot more comfortable.

Ill be running another monthly on friday 29th October.

However, if anyone is interested im up for some games this friday again?

ps cal you forgot your ketchup, college pass, glasses and cards lol. 2 MUCH PIMMS?

Kone

Smash Master
Id also like to point out that the crack was well good friday night. Sam slipped into the group nicely and was nice to hang out with william more! I can see a WM crew forming ;) lol.

Brad blatantly wears boots btw and I bet WIll was a huge hit in jack in the beanstalk ;)

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
it was like year 4 ****it loool

and it would be cool seeing dopl and bmac in the future. maybe get marni coming as well and then there will be a few brawl players =]

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I have my brawl disc up in Bham, but my Wii is in London... :(
I'm up for some games this Friday at yours Kone... I figure I should learn how to play Melee... you guys seem really cool and I've decided to re-learn how to play brawl... but with GC controller this time. WiiiMote and nunchuck is really the main reason why I suck at brawl right now... ATs are just impossible or so much harder to do... pisses me off.
I could organise brawl bi-weeklies or monthlies up in Bham if people are up for it and if theres a couple of Wiis... the only thing I can think of atm is if I buy a second one, and I'm not doing that, lol. if there was a way to rent one, I'd do that.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
such a shame i couldnt attend this, but somehow i ended up being the only person to take care of my 3 year old brother..... (parents and bro had to "go")

but yes ill definately make more of an attempt to turn up next time, ill simply glue my eldest bro to the house ^_^

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
ps cal you forgot your ketchup, college pass, glasses and cards lol. 2 MUCH PIMMS?
Loool @ callum leaving just about everythingc but his flask
George rushed us out of the door to get the train (Which we missed anyway:laugh: ) and i only got home to realised errything was missing xD

Pimms is ****ing nasty **** ed, why do you even have that, i sobered up after you went to bed after like 2 hours of smash of pure smash

Bradley the flask is the most important thing, it helps me carry around my Vodka.

good **** guys, thoroughly enjoyed it

Top Bottom