• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
well ive managed to convince my parents to stay home, all i need now is kone's blessing ^^

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i aint gonna be coming to this one, but hopefully ill be coming to the next fest Ed holds, have fun guys

Kone

Smash Master
Well, there doesn't seem to be enough interest to warrant this monthly. As ive mentioned I have to work overload during the week to ensure I can have the weekend of. Im not doing this for a handful of people (not allday sat). I would propose friday night like normal but im out for fireworks.

Sorry to brad and sam although im sure we'll catch up on a friday night soon.

No worries to Will and Cal. Thank you for letting me know.

Brado

Smash Lord
I am also fairly upset, but it works out alright cause I was having trouble switching a shift for saturday.

Talk soon on msn and sort out GT4 Ed?

Kone

Smash Master
Sorry guys it isnt much of a monthly me, brad, sam and ddiz lol. I cant lose a saturday worth of work for something like that. Sam and Brad you are both welcome for games and drinks sat night if you want? like we would do on a fridya but a sturday instead. Im out for fireworks fri eve.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I can host monthlies at this LAN place in Birmingham if people want., same place GGA1 and 2 were hosted.

Venue would be cheap (£3/£4 per head), roughly 4-6 TV's to ourselves and can be on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
stick brawl on there and I will attend.
Making it Brawl+Melee would help increase attendance and pay venue costs etc... more people means the entry fee could be reduced to around £2 per head which is good, yes?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
stick brawl on there and I will attend.
Making it Brawl+Melee would help increase attendance and pay venue costs etc... more people means the entry fee could be reduced to around £2 per head which is good, yes?
This place charges per-head/per-TV, so it'll be £3 regardless of how many people come unfortunately (from what I remember, i'll ask). I would of done Brawl if it were to reduce costs but I don't think it makes a difference.

If I get a good number of heads willing to come I'll definately get it sorted out.

Kone

Smash Master
Hao - sounds alright go for it.I am sure youll get good enough numbers to make it worth while. However, I wont attend any. Im not 'into' smash enough to go somewhere small/dingy/very geeky just to play a game all night :s. Places like that, imo, take away what is sociable about informal get togethers. It just becomes waaaay to game orientated.

Kone

Smash Master
Community doesnt really work that way Hao (im afraid). I wish it did though. You have to put your neck on the line, organise it and then see who turns up. Id say youll get an average of 6 per event (if that).

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You could just arrange them as small get togethers monthly to start with, and I'm sure more people would get interested with time. Having somewhere to go on a good, regular basis would be great and the GGT venue seems good.

Kone

Smash Master
Except there is no nearby housing. I don't think LC would be that keen if it was a small get together, they had to travel a pretty distance for housing and it was to smash orientated. I think small get togethers need to get the balance between smash and social right. They aren't tournament after all. As Brad recently said to me his last get togheter was way to smash orientated and was less enjoyable as a result. Got to find the right balance.

If you want to use the GGT venue, imo, just run a larger event than a monthly. I really don't think there'll be enough local interest to warrant it.

Also, from my personal view, the GGT enue is the worst ive been to for any event :/

Lastly, I was nice enough to start using my home for get togethers and look into hosting monthlies. However, members of the community can't be trusted to hold to their word and turn up regularly for these monthlies to occur.

Everything in your post is what I have been attempting George. It smacks of ignorance and enforces your naivety your recent actions portrayed to me.

Its all good posting words of wisdom but its actions that count.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Kone has this habit of being painfully truthful... Its nice to not get told off by him.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yes I know ed, I apologise again, honestly do, could go on but I've said it before, I owe you plenty a beer.

In all seriousness hope everyone goes ok for you with the house n all, sounds lame and really do hope it all works out and doesn't cause to much stress even tho it likely will.

I will help housing but of course im way limited to like 3 people, but brummy is easy to make it a day trip thing.

Kone

Smash Master
Okay George. You obviously know the way to my heart lol ;). House thing is still a nightmare. I am waiting to hear from the landlord (tomorrow) as to whether he has sorted out a solution with the mortgage lender to allow us to remain in the property. Even if he hasn't we potentially can get the mortgage company to become our landlord and allow us to finish of our tenancy. Its looking up anyway :).

My point about the housing was that having a small get together at the GGT venue AND then people having people to travel back to yours etc isn't going to that attractive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im hosting a 'smash at eds' Friday the 3rd of Dec. Normal stuff. Smash, beers and games. Sleeping stuff provided. Can set up more than one tvs if people bring spare copy of games. Let me know if you are interested PROMPTLY so that I know to organise my work around it. Plenty of heads up timewise so that should help?

Ill have a house either way ;)

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Hey guys, I've just come back from Sweden and I want to test my newly found Smash prowess in the homelands.

Any gatherings or anything going to be going on this christmas in the West Midlands?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Otter dates your here? I'm in Worcester a bunch over Xmas really so I'm sure I'll get to play you anyway :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Anyone in the midlands hosting a fest over Christmas? Would be interested in going if coach prices aren't expensive.

j3ly

Smash Champion
hopefully when i attend a university in the midlands i can supply my uni halls for people to play in, and teach you guys hao to smash ;)

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- So noone in west mid up for any smash any time soon? I've been speaking to Hao and he's got something in the pipeline apparently, but I'm getting a bit antsy. I'm going back to Stockholm on the 20th. Anything going on in Brum soon would be grand?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Ok so here's the plan:

Venue is here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=b4+...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

http://www.globalgaming.co.uk/html/contact_us.html

Date will be 29th of January, from 10:00 til' 5:00PM (I'll leave registration and such til' about 11:00 or 12:00, so you don't need to come THAT early really, just the place opens up early so why not).

Price is £4 per person.
Tournament entry is £2.
Prize pot split will be 70/20/10

RULES (forgive me if some of them are "wrong" if you will, i've been out for a while).

4 Stock.
7 Minute Time Limit.
Double elimination.
Rock paper scissors to decide stage striking.
Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect.
Double-blind character pick if you want.

And of course no items, wobbling is banned and any other ridiculous glitches haha.

Neutral Stages

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
FD
Battlefield
Dreamland

Counterpicks

Mute City
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

I'm hoping to run these every month, so we can have a proper RB's and all that jazz.

Top Bottom