• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Well my significant other is getting into Smash Bros a bit
Lucky bugger.

Sorry Kone, I'm gonna have to be a massive fanny and drop out because it's a nighttime thing and I'll be in Leeds.

There's no good Smashers in Leeds. Itching for a decent game. :(

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Uhm, Hao I am a little bit concerned with your expectations re:turnout. Outside of you, brad, ddiz, yeniths, smo, smo's mate, bmac who are you expting to turn up? =s you MAY get willz and cal aswell but thats it. With such limited numbers you may aswell run a league format i.e. everyone plays everyone then into a top 4 play off or something. Repeat every get together to make it more worthwhile.
Yeah if it's only small numbers I'll do a league format/round robin kinda thing. I'll get Yeniths to help me on the day + see what format is best depending on turn out.

Date has officially been changed to the 29th, but unfortunately the venue fee is now £4 (it would have been £4 regardless of date, i spoke to the guy today and he said he needs to up the price slightly cuz he's not making as much profit).

Two of my friends from Electronic Dojo will be coming to help cap matches + generally help stuff as well which is handy

Kone

Smash Master
Dude what you on about? sorry but you are making out as if you are hosting a proper event. It is a bit odd. At most you will have ten people, most likely 7. There is little chance of more than 7.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I know what I'm doing, it's just a small get together/tournament kinda thing. It's just a session with more focus on the actual game this time which is what I prefer.

People who are coming know this is just a small thing anyway, i'm probably being overly formal about it but it's my first time + wanna make it proper.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah there's food places near by (Tesco, £1 baguette shop which is sick, Caspian, a chip shop, McDonalds not too far, KFC) so you should be sorted for food.

I completely forgot as well, I need people to bring set ups haha. I only have one.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Hey Hao,

I'm very tempted to come to this as it could be a free weekend for me. I see you need numbers... am i welcome?

Few things tho.. is everyone else just coming for the day then jumping on the train in the evening? What time does the venue close? If i came i'd have to book in advance.

If the venue is close to the station that's great. I'm only in Nottingham so it shouldnt take long to get there.

Cheers

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hao also what time do I need to be here?

Also Brad come along please, want to practise with you for the monthly really. I'll prob be in LC on Sat so we can head down to Brum together.

Kone

Smash Master
Does anyone want housing at mine on the Saturday night? Sam? Brad? etc thinking we could head down the local for a few bevvies. My local knows me so don't worry (brad) you won't be ID!!! Make travelling into Brum more worthwhile lol.:awesome:

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Hey Hao,

I'm very tempted to come to this as it could be a free weekend for me. I see you need numbers... am i welcome?

Few things tho.. is everyone else just coming for the day then jumping on the train in the evening? What time does the venue close? If i came i'd have to book in advance.

If the venue is close to the station that's great. I'm only in Nottingham so it shouldnt take long to get there.

Cheers
Yeah man come down, couldn't be a better time to use the phrase "the more the merrier".

We've got the venue (if you even want to call it that haha, it's more like a LAN cafe + TV's if i'm honest) from 10:00 til' 17:00, so 17:00 is when we get kicked out.

It's like a 5-8min walk from the station, not far at all really.

Hao also what time do I need to be here?
Just get here before like 12:00 as that's when I'll do sign ups and stuff. You're gonna need to help me with deciding exactly how we should run these monthlies (as in what tournament format we'll be using haha).

Brado

Smash Lord
Yeah i'll try and come George, I could do with practice too, pretty sure Willz is gonna come too.

FanDemz come :D

Ed I'd appreciate the housing and pub sounds good, I'll let you know if I'm coming asap

Helloo

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hey Hao,

Cheers
This, only replace Nottingham for York or Leeds (depends on where I am)
I've got quite a bit of money saved up and train fares only seem like about £30 which is cool and this doesn't look like it'd be a maze to get there sooooo

Which Birmingham station do you need to go to? (Multiple stations in one place confuses the crap out of me lol). What time do people need to get there and what time would it finish? Like, could I get a train there and back on the same day cause that would be super handy

I am determined to get into the Smash scene in the UK this year and I figure this would be nice to go to :)

Oh and most importantly - is this Melee or Brawl? I'd prefer Brawl but I don't mind Melee, just need to learn how to wavedash and L Cancel. I'd make a great punchbag in Melee :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Rick this is a small thing but it would be a good introduction into the scene as you will get to know some people even tho this event will be very small it'll still be good with some good people going. Birmingham New Street station is probably closest but most stations in Brummys are close, you could get back home on the same day yes :).

It's Melee but I will be happy to teach you stuff in it as I'm sure other people would.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
id like to add that im the punching bag, from what ive seen, all the people coming will destroy me

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ah ok, will there be any Brawl at all? it's just I prefer Brawl over Melee (probably because I'm much better at Brawl than I am at Melee :p) I know most of the Melee jargon - I just haven't bothered to practice it cause trying to switch between Melee and Brawl is just horrible lol

Edit: Although I would really appreciate some help with Melee if I came down, paticularly with character selection

I'll see whats going down on that weekend :)

Also lmao I nearly posted here

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11975038

straaaaaange

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Which Birmingham station do you need to go to? (Multiple stations in one place confuses the crap out of me lol). What time do people need to get there and what time would it finish? Like, could I get a train there and back on the same day cause that would be super handy
Any will do, Snow Hill is actually the closest but whichever one is cheapest, none of them are far at all as Yeniths said.

And yeah it's Melee, i'm sure everybody will be willing to help you with learning **** + picking a character etc.

Come down it'll be goooood, get here as early as possible really, we got the place from 10:00 til' 17:00 but tournament starts at 12:00.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ill arrive before 12 Hao with the leicester guys hopefully! See you then!

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Play SSBM, it's a good game (+rep for anybody who gets that reference).

I'm not a huge fan of Brawl (in fact i'm an anti-fan, i hate it), I shall decide later depending on my mood whether i want that piece of shizz at this little session haha.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
would anyone be in the mood for some falcon ditto MMs? willz included if u turn up even tho theres a 110% chance id lose

also yenniths im keen on playing ur fox abit more cause ive got very little experience with the match up

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Because I trust you people, my number:

Post here for what time you'll be dropping into New Street and i'll come getcha.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
my younger brother would like to come aswell, and my older brother shows some interest. can i bring them aswell? ill bring my cube aswell (:

B.Mack

Smash Ace
well I live right by New Street so I'll probably go by there too.

RICKERDY BUY YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE, ITS FAAAR CHEAPER.

or check on megabus.co.uk and get a coach. its even cheaper lol.

I was at a game shop today... and I picked up a melee disc. then put it back. then picked it back up... then put it down and ran out of the shop. I swear that game is haunting me.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Bmac awesome your coming :) Brad do you know if you are yet? Better BE! :o. I wana travel down with you on Sat morn from LC.

Ddiz I'll def give you a lot of games, and I'll take you up on that Falcon MM :D

Also I'm pretty excited for this :D If there is less then 15 then maybe we can do everyone plays everyone, then top 4 from there into a mini mini bracket or something, there should be enough time for that. Or we can go straight into brackets with seedings. I'll help you with this anyway :D.

If its more of a fun thing then maybe we should just go straight into bracket, then maybe even a mini mini doubles lol if there is enough time/people :)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
excellent man, please dont sandbag with falcon tho otherwise i wont get better ):

Tamoo

Smash Master
LOL man such a lie!

The reason we have such good matches is that we both sandbag to extreme lengths lol

But that falcon man, so gay. Wish I could read like that.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL! Thats a different kind of Sandbag :p Love just playing for fun and going for crazy combos/reads :) only play nice and boring and safe in tournament ;)

Really looking forward to this and looking forward to coming down to london. Hope all your exams are going well. I may have gigas ready to play vs you when I come down, its so fun lol. (Not fun vs champ tho obv) LOL

Top Bottom