• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Kone

Smash Master
I am not interested in sitting in a shop allday but if anyone wants housing the night before they are welcome to stay at mine. As, this is a Sunday event?

Brado

Smash Lord
It's in like central Birmingham I believe. How exactly are you gonna troll there's no chance you'll beat either of us haha

B.Mack

Smash Ace
no chance you say?

I've been practicing Melee.
I'm 100% sure I'll beat you at least Brado.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ooo the Beef! love it

It's same location at GGT1 and 2 but I think me and Hao are the only ones who were active back then but hes its v near centre Brummy in a gaming cafe of place, its decent :)

and Bmac if you've been playing Melee why didn't you tell me :p

Smo

Smash Journeyman
I can do Saturday Ed, but I left my controller at home over christmas so I won't have a pad. Got a spare you could lend?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
is there any chance this cant be on a sunday?
'spose I could do it on the 29th if everybody else can. (if you can just say and i'll change the date + talk to the guy at GGA).

Oh yeah and I'll meet anybody from the train station and such, it's like a 5-7minute walk.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
hao u are a legend man....thx a bunch...

also what time this gona be starting?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I woulda been up for it but I have a friend staying over this weekend.
Smo, my Wii is with me at uni now, wanna come round for some games?
and I mean Melee games, not brawl.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- What time's kick off Kone? I've got a girl in Leeds to contend with. Obviously smash takes precedence.

(...)

I'd love to come if I can/it's in the day. Gutted I didn't get to play you at SNY. On for an MM of any sort?

Kone

Smash Master
It'd be a late evening affair and staying the night. At the moment it'd be you and Smo. Which ain't enough really. If George was to come then Id go for it. I dont have my mob to ring people round though. Dog ate it lol!

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Well my significant other is getting into Smash Bros a bit and while she's not confident enough to play with other people yet she'd like to watch some games and eat and drink. She's great company so if she'd count as another person she could join us, if that were alright with you. Otherwise, George come!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Is this today? In which case I'll say on George's behalf (since he's busy) that he's busy today lol. Don't know what his plans tonight are though but he's got pokemon today and he's down in london tomorrow. I could text him at some point (probs will since I wanna know how he's getting on) if you want me to.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Hao where you live man?
Birmingham, an area called Winson Green. Unfortunately I can't house anybody if that's what you were after haha, apologies.

It's like a 10min bus ride into town depending on traffic.

hao u are a legend man....thx a bunch...

also what time this gona be starting?
The place opens at like 10:00, so if people aim to get here for like 11:00, i'll do registrations and stuff at 12:00 and then we'll get started.

I think I'll need Yeniths/one of you guys to help me with seeding actually, completely forgot I'm meant to do pools first and THEN into double elim brackets haha (although seeing how i don't think there's gonna be loads of us then going straight into brackets seems fine).

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Nah Hao I can house all the people I want; just wondering how far away you are in case you wanted some games

Kone

Smash Master
Birmingham, an area called Winson Green. Unfortunately I can't house anybody if that's what you were after haha, apologies.

It's like a 10min bus ride into town depending on traffic.

The place opens at like 10:00, so if people aim to get here for like 11:00, i'll do registrations and stuff at 12:00 and then we'll get started.

I think I'll need Yeniths/one of you guys to help me with seeding actually, completely forgot I'm meant to do pools first and THEN into double elim brackets haha (although seeing how i don't think there's gonna be loads of us then going straight into brackets seems fine).
Uhm, Hao I am a little bit concerned with your expectations re:turnout. Outside of you, brad, ddiz, yeniths, smo, smo's mate, bmac who are you expting to turn up? =s you MAY get willz and cal aswell but thats it. With such limited numbers you may aswell run a league format i.e. everyone plays everyone then into a top 4 play off or something. Repeat every get together to make it more worthwhile.

Top Bottom