• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Melee Crews @ Genesis 2 (NOW UPDATED WITH POTENTIAL LINE UP)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
u know in that interview HugS mentioned 12 potential people, saying they're the only ones in under consideration atm. so then arent we just using those 12 then? other than deciding on the 2 alternates...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
And I'll play if you guys want me.

Send in Fly to beat HBox. Then send in me to beat the Peach they throw at him. :D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm the guy who created TES and I'm going to have more Melee segments so if you would like to hear more, go ahead and subscribe to the email or the RSS feed so you can stay updated :)

And if you like it please leave a comment on TES.

And you guys can follow me on Twitter @HavokTES

Thanks!

Shroomed

Smash Master
So after listening to the audio between mango and hugo, I think we're ****ed. EC crew too ******** stacked lol.

I just want to take off more than 4 stocks. Btw, I beat Tope at Pound 5. I also think I'd go even or could beat Hax/Jman/Hbox.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I dunno when you take the possible top 12 and pair all the matches up, we don't look that far behind.

Mango--------PP
SS------------Hbox
Fly------------M2K
Axe-----------Jman
Lucien--------Hax
Shroomed----Tope
Wobbles------Vanz
Lucky----------Tec0
HugS----------PC
SW------------Eggm
Lovage--------Colbol
S2J------------Chu

Shroomed

Smash Master
That actually looks a lot better than it looked in my head.

We actually might have this, assuming Hbox doesn't super gay Jeff to death.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jkun you don't know about Wobbles' Peach game.

Tafo, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't get those match-ups, that's the beauty of crews. The only one that's up in the air is the very first match of the crew battle. Afterwards we determine what the matches are going to be.

EDIT: Also assuming that no one chokes horribly, which is what Hugo and Mango are trying to solidify.

Lovage

Smash Hero
if we have 1 or 2 amazing performances (5-6 stocks) and everyone else plays solid, i think we have a really good shot at taking crews.

fly, i hope you'll think about joining us

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
The fact that you have a reasonable chance of being a hungrybox counter as well as doing well against m2k, spacies, and sheik makes you a great option

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I would also consider putting Dajuan in vrs Hbox, he does well and doc is hard to rest. Not to mention it's not that bad for doc. Jeff isn't.a bad choice either, though

If Kevin were considered i would probably consider him in on vanz or pc or something. My judgement may be flawed but I do sort of like how the chart sounds.

Is mango for sure going falco?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I think SS could take M2K actually if he stays marth (plus he did beat his sheik at tourneyplay too...)

And let's not forget Fly could take out Hbox, probably comfortably too if it was 3 to 4 stocks.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Well then

Nevermind that situation there.

Jeff can do pretty well vrs m2k Marth so that is a concurrable statement sir

Mango should go puff and **** him instead though

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
So, the Genesis site says that characters are locked from the get-go, but says nothing about how stages are selected. The rule I'm accustomed to is that the incoming player can either choose a stage (either a neutral or any legal CP depending on the tourney), in which case the previous player can opt to switch if he wants to, or go random, in which case he is stuck with whomever he was using last.

The details here are important, so clarification on how exactly counterpicking works would be nice.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hey fly
im really glad youre willing to play, and rep our coast
i think youre really good and can see you doing really well
even if it is a nerve wracking event
idk
im proud of you for stepping up? lol

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The traditional crew battle counterpick rules never made that much sense to me. Boback and I discussed it at some length yesterday, and our idea is to make the rules just like advanced slobs in singles. So it would go like this:
-Losing team selects next player
-Winning team bans stage
-Losing team picks stage
-Winning team picks character
-Losing team picks character

Stages would be the 5 standard starting stages.

Possible changes:
Include PS.
No character counterpicks, so you have to turn a list of players+characters over to the other team captain.
Instead of stage counterpicks, just strike from the 5 stages every time.

What do you guys think?

sidefx

Smash Champion
also i gotta change the part about having characters locked in since were doing what sheridan said.

thanks for reminding me fly.

DONT PUT DAJUAN AGAINST HBOX. his plan is to randomly ****ing fair until he gets lucky like a *******

$heen

Smash Ace
I think the couterpicking team should have to option either:
-counterpick a stage and let the opponent switch characters (and possibly ban one stage, like in a normal set)
-stage strike without the opponent being able to switch

I feel like this allows for more character based counterpicks to be effective.

The King

Smash Ace
That crewbattle ruleset including advanced slobs is pretty much exactly what I gave you when I formatted up a ruleset like 2 weeks ago lol, what happened to that.

And nah, put in dajuan, that'll work lol. Mindless Fair-spam-trading will beat mindless Bair-spam-trading from jiggs all day long.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
That crewbattle ruleset including advanced slobs is pretty much exactly what I gave you when I formatted up a ruleset like 2 weeks ago lol, what happened to that.

And nah, put in dajuan, that'll work lol. Mindless Fair-spam-trading will beat mindless Bair-spam-trading from jiggs all day long.
Teach me your ways!

But in topic every game Dajuan has had vrs Hbox has been close. He's a consistent counter or at least a phaser of Hbox stocks if we don't have fly. We got the whole west coast to cheer them on, which is the only reason Jeff would be the third choice.

Who else do we have for PP other than mango?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Sheridan, I think you should allow the ban from the winning team no matter what, and allow no changes in characters if the losing team decides to choose a random stage.

That way, we'll preserve some of the advantage the losing team usually gets, and make more players viable as counter pick options. The option of sending a worse player vs a better player makes things deeper and more interesting, and following tournament counterpick rules exactly diminishes this option.

Pretty much, it'd make the crew battles more skill-focused rather than strategy focused if we followed tournament slob picks precisely.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hugo, your conclusion about skill-based vs strategy-based was something we talked about and it's a good point. But if you have players that only play one character, then aren't counterpicks too strong for the losing team? They get to send in the character counterpick, and pick the best stage for the matchup (after a stage ban) knowing their opponent won't change characters. My other concern is about the random thing, I just don't see why there should be any randomness to it at all, why not stage strike instead of random?

Top Bottom