• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow | Game Over! Who could have possibly won?!?!???!

Fatchu

Smash Journeyman
Martin Methodist College or Murfreesboro, TN
Maybe because I am active in other parts of swf other then decisive games, I would of gotten back to this eventually and look I did *gasp*. As for my opnions in other members of the town here goes.

Mayling: I really dont have a problem with anything he has posted thus far, I think he is just defensive since in day one he was town day two he was suddenly scum.

Kevin: You do have a point, I think that its possible that these two are linked in some fashion but I cant say how.

Onis: I simply think he dosent want to take up with your crap.

I cant say anything on the others yet, I will let you know.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
About Kevin, what makes you think I have a point? Why does that allow to to say that I may have a point, but not what that point may be?

You said you read the thread; just give your impressions of people. Is there some reason you cannot do that?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Vote Count
Cello_Marl (Gheb_01)
McFox (Mayling)
Gheb_01 (Bunglefever)
Bunglefever (Xonar)
Omis
mentosman8
Fatchu
Xonar
KevinM
Mayling

Not Voting: mentosman8, Omis, Fatchu, KevinM, McFox, Cello_Marl

Last picked is lynched!

The day will end at the latest Sunday, March 7th, Noon EST.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gheb: If Fatchu turns out to be a wolf, and I investigate one of Mayling and Kevin, who turns out to be a wolf, which of the others (of Kevin and May) would you be willing to lynch if you did NOT have a guilty investigation? Please answer this as quickly as you can.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
From what I gleaned from the signup topic, it is his first online game.

Fatchu, we know for a fact that the role Cello claimed is in this game. If Cello isn't that role, it means that someone else is. And it would also mean that that person has been allowing Cello to lie about it for the better part of a Day. That's pretty unlikely.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Xonar, you've been asking for input from Fatchu's role. What do you think about him?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think I want to hear more of him. His fortune teller thingy was a bit... idiotic, but I always like fresh opinions.

What do YOU think about him? and could you make a town>scum list with motivation?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Gheb: I'd heartily welcome a CC. It wouldn't do the wolves any good anyway. Think about it; we'd never have to lynch either of us. You could use your potion to save either of us, or yourself. Then, in order to keep up the ruse, they'd have to kill you. Which gives us "both" another investigation. Then, they'd have to kill me. Or else I'd get another investigation.

Actually, I could be a fake. After all, I lied about my investigation. Further, I "investigated" someone that anyone with a brain could figure out was the Witch (after the Night Kill at least). Cacti and Chaco never really got into the game; it's entirely possible they just never got a chance to counterclaim against me. Because I knew that the one person in the game who wouldn't counterclaim just happened to be the FT.

Let's say we mislynch toDay. That puts us at 5v3v1 for Day 3, assuming Gheb decides to save the Night Kill target. At that point, you have to correctly guess which one of us if the real Fortune Teller. I know that the wolves won't target the Piper as long as Mayling and maybe Kevin is alive; you all don't acknowledge that, but that doesn't matter for the ultimate outcome. If you incorrectly guess which of us is the real FT, then that means we will go to 3v3v1, and the town just becomes kingmaker if the wolves don't kill the Piper.

Fatchu, counterclaim me. I dare you to. And if you aren't going to, then deny that you are the Fortune Teller, which I'll just assume you are doing if you don't claim in the next 24 hours.

Just as telling; Mayling, if Fats claimed FT, who would you believe, me or him? Further, what are your thoughts about...whatever it is that he's spewing. (I read it, but I refuse to recognize that as cognizant thought)

@Xonar:

1) Cello - I'm the ****ing Fortune Teller. (Town)
2) Gheb - He's the Witch. (Town)
3) Omis - His posts were full of genuine frustration at my playstyle. (Town, maybe PR?)
4) McFox - I'm sure he's town. (Town, vanilla)
5) Fatchu - His role tried to claim that Xonar was trying to confuse us, and suggested quicklynching the sheriff regardless of how they got their position. He also did a PBPA on Kirbyoshi trying to paint him as scummy, when I remember he said that such a thing was bad in another game (which I don't remember, and during lylo. I think Kat was the scum he said did that). The GG points I gave him for doing it when Kirbyoshi wasn't in danger is gone because Kirbyo was town. And now we have...whatever it was that Fatchu just **** out at us. Obviously uncomfortable with someone that can come to those kinds of conclusions and consider himself sane and "experienced". (Likely Wolf, or beyond dumb)
6) Mentos - He's the **** Piper (Piper)
7) Xonar - You could be a wolf, you could be the Piper if I'm wrong, except that Mentos is the **** Piper. I doubt you are either. Fats really helped me decide that, with his floundering just now.
8) Bungle - You aren't trying to frame me this time, and the time you did try occurred after this. Hmm...still can't see as wolf. Piper is a distant possibility, but Mentos is the **** Piper.
9 & 10) Kevin and Mayling - You should know this by now. If you don't, you haven't been reading. Summarized: United front against my investigation followed by dissolution after revealed as false, pushing of Macman as "super townie" over May, agreeing with McFox for May, original suggestion of me being false prophet by May, Mentos didn't die for May, willingness to kill a confirmed townie for Kevin.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would probably believe Cello as the real FT if Fatchucoti counterclaimed.

Answering of questions coming late, like... 11:00pm tonight.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So I could be a wolf? everyone could be a wolf at this point, even you who has been unCC'd (because of terrible play or summit). You doubt I'm wolf or piper? Okay... I guess. What did Fat say about me again that made you decide DOUBTING that I'm either?

I don't... hueh

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Agreeing on Omis going right now.

Someone vote me please?

Why is someone voting mentoz?
Well, if you want Omis to go, then someone will have to vote for everyone else, including mentos. Since I think mentos is town, I'm voting him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, let's keep one of the most useless players around. Great idea -_-

:059:

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Vote Count
Cello_Marl (Gheb_01)
McFox (Mayling)
Gheb_01 (Bunglefever)
Bunglefever (Xonar)
mentosman8 (McFox)
Omis (Cello_Marl)
Fatchu
Xonar
KevinM
Mayling

Not Voting: mentosman8, Omis, Fatchu, KevinM

Last picked is lynched!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
5days left. Seriously, this lynching system is probably the worst thing ever with these people around.

why arent we getting rid of omis?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Help, I'm alive... my heart keeps beating like a hammer.

So I went to reread day2 since there were some questions addressed to me that I had to skip over due to time constraints. Looking back on d2, Cello put me in a really tight situation, and I don't think I could have done anything to convince him I'm not scum.

Chawhee, since you still seem to think I'm scum, let me try my best to prove my innocence. I also believe that your expectations of my reactions have soundly been unreasonable. Let me show you. Although, at this point, I DO believe you're tunneling me, and usually there's nothing you can do once you're in the tunnel of Chawhee Doom.

But let's have a go, shall we?

@Meimu: I have a book, and I opened it up a day earlier than you did. Also, why would you want me to waste my investigation on you if you are a townie? There's been essentially zero conversation so far, and you feel that's the best choice for my power?
Yes. I have nothing to hide. You think I'm scum. Investigate me, so we can work together. Seems reasonable to me.

She started the train against Meta-Kirby.
Yes. I thought he was scum. So did you.

She agreed with his AtE scum read on Meta-Kirby.
That's because he was using AtE. And why wouldn't McFox be scum because he's the one who /brought up the AtE/ case.

She started the Meta-Kirby wagon, then let you take the reigns so you would take the blame, and as you pointed out, she was backing off. Don't you think it's odd that she couldn't see he was innocent, but somehow managed her "brilliant" squeeze out of my trap?
Totally wrong. I wasn't backing off, as I said yesterDay. I was waiting for MK's response when McFox started attacking him. Even as McFox was attacking him, I was also agreeing with what he was saying. I certainly didn't slide off into the background.

On that note, that was ALL that she cared about; saving both her and Kevin.
Again, wrong. I didn't care about only saving me and Kevin. I was like "Well, he's saying he investigated one of us, and I'm one of them. but it's not me, and Kevin doesn't seem unnerved."

I did say "ask me questions. explain my scumminess."

NO ONE did EITHER. (Except maybe you, MUCH later, after I figured it out you hadn't investigated us.)

Mayling, little Townie++, why in the world didn't she get killed?
Why didn't Cello, confirmed fortune teller++++ get killed? Scum have secret agenda.

Instead, what happened? The first thing out of Mayling's mouth was an attempt to tear apart what I was doing. Why did she do that? Why did Kevin back her up? Why sow the seed of doubt that I might not be the FT?
AGAIN. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG!

Yes, I attempted to "tear down" what you were doing, because I knew it wasn't right on my behalf. And if I know something isn't right, why wouldn't I try to stop it, before a mislynch happens? Why continue to spread FUD ? Especially from a confirmed townie, when it's especially dangerous.

Why ask for a case of scumminess against her rather than Kevin? What made her think that was the best course of action, rather than let Kevin implicate himself in what amounted to a duel with her, especially given his sudden change of heart, being willing to lynch her, without explanation? Why didn't she ask for one?
I asked for a case of scumminess against me, so I could prove it was wrong. Why would I launch an attack against Kevin, when I can hopefully clear myself? After all, i was the one being attacked... yet all people can say is "she's scummy, she's scummy" but give NO reasoning. So yes, isn't it reasonable at that point, I was like "please give me something to defend against?"

If I launched an attack against Kevin, would it not have looked like I was trying to push suspicion off myself and onto Kevin? It wasn't "prove that someone else was scum." It was "prove this specific person is scum." And I've said before, it's easy to twist words and make anyone look like scum. So yes, I was much more interested in proving that *I* wasn't scum, because as town that's what my job is.

Didn't I asked why he wanted to lynch me, when I was like "please make a case against me, instead of just saying I'm scum?" I said that a lot during beginning of day 2.

Kevin and Mayling BOTH presented a united front. One that quickly dissolved the INSTANT there was no threat of a sure investigate against them.
United front? @_@ He brushed you off as nonsense, and I did my best to figure out what was going on. I did figure it out in the end.

Still, you didn't answer my question. Especially about the timing.
What question? What timing?

Cello, I don't think there was any "right course" of action I could have chose when you decided to play your game. I think you already decided that I was scum.

What did you expect me to do? Crumble and say I'm scum? Make a case against KevinM, that may or may not be legit since I only did it because YOU pressured me to? like I said, if I did that it could be construed as just making an attack to get heat off my back. So I asked for people to tell me why I'm scummy so I could defend myself... it never happened. So instead, I concluded what was really going on. Yet, to you, even that still makes me scummy. Because I stopped FUD.

What I'm concluding is that there was no possible thing I could have done to make me seem not scummy in this situation, because you pretty much already decided I was scum.

I think McFox asked me a question, but I couldn't find it. Could you quote it, please, McFox?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Mayling: Who taught you how to go invisible? Why did you go invisible right before Night began?
Ah. Here's the question.

I found how to go invisible in the control panel.

I don't remember when I went invisible, though, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't right before Night began because I went away to VGBC that weekend (cus I was sad about not being able to see flip.) I do remember thinking "I might as well go invisible now because of Sir Stalky McStalkerson (read: Cello) so in future games he can't try and meta off it."

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Omis: I truly do believe that you are town. However, I need to know; do you feel there is any way that you could survive a lylo situation? As in, do you think you could convince anyone else other than me (who will soon be dead) that you are, in fact, town? If not, you may need to die, and I will remove my vote.

@Gheb: Answer my question. If Fatchu turns out to be a wolf, and I investigate one of Mayling and Kevin, who turns out to be a wolf, which of the others (of Kevin and May) would you be willing to lynch if you did NOT have a guilty investigation from me?

@Xonar: Fatchu's posts up to now really rub me the wrong way. Regardless of what his response to my challenge for a counterclaim is, I'm recommending his lynch. If he says he's the Fortune Teller, it's because he's a liar. If he says he's not, it's because I can't trust anyone that makes the sorts of assertions that he has with town's future. He still hasn't seen fit to talk about anyone other than me, Kevin, or May.

I'm certain May and Kevin are wolves; if Fatchu is, which seems likely enough for now, then you couldn't be a wolf (in my view). The reason I don't think you are the Piper is because Mentos is the **** Piper. If Fatchu is our lynch and he's a wolf, then I'll investigate May or Kevin. If not, I'll investigate a random player other than Mentos.

@Mayling: You are right, nothing you did was going to change my belief. The whole point of the Cell(o) Games was to showcase to town the way you would react to them.

Also, before anyone else thinks this, this is NOT the same as Kataefi versus Mayling.

@Fatchu: 6 more hours. Also, still waiting for...well, anything from you.

I'm going to sleep. I'm leaving my vote on Omis for now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well since we're town is playing terrible and we're playing follow the clears.

GET LIKE ME

I'm claiming village idiot.

There I am completely clear and am now a prime night kill target.

Cello whom most have been following like IDIOTS is wrong.

Therefore we should probably play the ****ing game now.

Cello take your vote off Omis he's scum. And if he's not I **** sure don't want him around in a lylo situation.

Stop trying to run this town you're doing it wrong.

Tis mine.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
The group had decided that, at least just for today, instead of choosing who they thought was a Werewolf, they would choose who they thought was not a Werewolf. They lined everyone up under the giant tree. Immediately, the Fortune Teller and the Witch moved out from under the tree.

"I don't understand, why aren't they with us?" asked one of the men, his identity shrouded from the rest by the Witch's illusion.

"That one is the Witch, that one is the Fortune Teller. They cannot be Werewolves."

"But, I cannot be a Werewolf either!" he cried.

"Well, why not?" asked the Fortune Teller, his interest piqued.

"Because... I'm not a Werewolf, and since I am not one, I cannot be one, or I would not be able not to be one."

"Oh, Lord..." muttered someone.

"Besides," the confused man continued, "why are we picking and choosing the way we are? And why are we listening to the Fortune Teller? He could be just as wrong as we can..."

"Yes," the Witch explained, "but we can trust him not to be a Werewo-"

"Right, but," the man interrupted, "he could still be wrong. He might not be wrong on purpose, but he could be wrong on accident. And that's still wrong, right?"

"Oh, no..." the Fortune Teller sighed. "I think we can trust one more person not to be wrong on purpose. Here's hoping he won't be wrong on accident. Just in case, I think we should all take what he says with a grain of salt. Or two. Or a handful. Someone go get a bag of salt."

"Make it a big bag!" cheered the Idiot. He liked salt.

Stupidity shines through!

KevinM has been revealed as the Idiot!
He is no longer lynchable, but he is no longer able to vote!

Vote Count
Cello_Marl (Gheb_01)
McFox (Mayling)
Gheb_01 (Bunglefever)
Bunglefever (Xonar)
mentosman8 (McFox)
Omis (Cello_Marl)
Fatchu
Xonar
Mayling

Not Voting: mentosman8, Omis, Fatchu

Last picked is lynched!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Cello:

Looking at the players without a vote and Omis, you really want to save Omis at this point? really?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If Omis is town then we clearly deserve to lose. Simple as that. Why isn't he dead yet? Xonar and Mayling can both live toDay and Fatchu's been stepping it up.

Omis and Mentos are our best lynchhes.

:059:

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Time for yet another reread.

Kevin, I said I thought that you were the VI before. Why didn't you claim the way I asked you to by saying "I am not the Village Idiot"? If you had done that, I would have believed you. You not doing so REALLY changed my view on this game.

Before you say something along the lines of "I didn't want to die, town is too dumb to live without me", MOST OF THE STUPID CRAP THAT'S HAPPENED SO FAR WOULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

Omis, is that a Hunter soft-claim?

Fatchu

Smash Journeyman
Martin Methodist College or Murfreesboro, TN
I do have to agree omis has been very shaky from the start and should be lynched, I had then feeling when he defended that guy from cello against his questions on the pm'ing thing.

@Cello Rest assured I am not scum, just highly questioning your judgement. As for me saying that mayling and kevin were linked becuase they always seemed to correspond with each other , always had each others backs, but since kevin is the idiot that dosent really matter anymore. However since we need to get to voting soon and since we have a pretty good Idea on who the scum is we might as well get to voting.

vote mentos

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Fatchu, Mentos already has a vote on him. Vote someone else.

Also, are you claiming Fortune Teller or not?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Omis, you've been hovering for almost an hour now. I know that's in character for you, but...

Yeah, let's kill him. You just claimed something. Based on your wording, you're either scum or a hunter.

I'm going to talk as though I think he's a hunter. Omis, who are you going to shoot when we lynch you? I'd recommend Mentos, but I don't think you'd go for that. Failing that, would you be willing to shoot Fatchu?

Top Bottom