• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Quirks

jbro

Smash Ace
i look at my opponent after i win, too
but then i shake their hand, because i'm not a ****ing ****

EDIT: but seriously, pretty sure i clear my throat/mess with my hair in some way when i lose a stock.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I actually noticed at Apex that a lot of people share this quirk. Every time you die and you're on the spawn platform you wipe your hands on your pants. Or when you kill someone.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Is it still a quirk if it has a practical purpose? (getting rid of sweaty hands)

Bones0

Smash Legend
I only wipe my left hand. I like my right hand sweaty because it makes multishining and lasering a breeze as I glide over the controller. I don't like my left lumb slipping around on the control stick though.

bisnap

Smash Rookie
I wipe my hands when I die or get a kill too, but only if I actually need to, so it isn't unconscious. Same with rubbing my nose.

When I get hit with a strong move though, my left hand claws to DI even though it won't do any more. I bring my index finger to hold the stick with my thumb. I'm pretty sure my mouth/face moves around when I'm playing seriously. If I have a drink I'll drink from it as soon as the game ends as if I'm not going to be able to if I don't do it right then.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
If I ever mess up on the angle of my up-b with fox I stare at my controller as if its the controllers fault not mine until I respawn

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have this habit of just going Whooooooooooooo! If Me or whoever I'm playing just starts getting off. Even if it's like GF game 5 and I was getting ****ed up I'd still do it. :glare:

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
when i dash dance really fast my tongue also tries to move the speed of my tumb, going left to right. my mouth is open so you can see it.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I say "good matches" after a set (somehow saying good game sounds condescending to me).

I bite the insides of my cheeks when I concentrate, don't notice at all until after a set (bite marks...).

I always laser after doing something.

DwightDL

Smash Cadet
My biggest quirk happens when I'm going for a rest or (sometimes) a knee). For a rest, right before I'm about to do it (i.e. after an U-tilt or U-throw) I take a big deep breath with my lips mostly closed so it makes a "psssssssssh" sound. I never do this on purpose, and I get called out for it almost every time. The worst is when I'm about to do a rest, but it gets interrupted, but I make the noise anyway. My friends: "Lol you were totally going for a rest right there."

Bones0

Smash Legend
"I usually shake my opponent's hand as soon as the game ended, but I was so hyped I won I jump canceled into a fist pump."
- PP @ Pound 5

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Move closer to the TV everytime im behind a stock.
Yeah, I used to do this a lot.

Then I stopped getting behind in stocks.

I apparently fix my glasses everytime I get ready to tech chase with sheik.

Never noticed it until I think Sveet pointed it out to me.
lol you wipe your right hand on your pants during Sheiks dthrow animation a lot too.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I bite my bottom lip whenever I'm really focused.

Of course I peel my lips when I think outside of melee too, but when I play I have no fingers to peel it with so I use my teeth

kevo

Smash Journeyman
I main falcon, and for some reason whenever I neutral air, I have to press A twice, one for each kick. Don't know why, or how it started, but I just can't break it.
I have that exact same problem with Marth. I assumed you have to press A again to get the second swipe of the nair. So I have that (completely useless) rhythm down perfect.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i move around physically way too much when i play

combo finishers have the powerful lean, DI has the mario kart turn, sometimes i do a slight swing of my body when i dashdance or move around

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Star KO'd I sometimes run my fingers through my hair.
I always breath out when I get KO'd.
When I mained Ice Climbers I used to close my eyes and nod my head while I wobbled.
I lean forward when I charge at someone.
I nod when I KO someone.

Blu

Smash Apprentice
I bite the sides of my mouth whenever I'm concentrating hard. No "mario kart" DI, fidgets, or weird game-faces though. Now that I think about it I'm pretty much a friggin' statue. O_o

I do tend to talk more during friendlies and whenever I'm losing or simply looking for advice. No hate-speech, just talking.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Whenever I do a nair > grab with Falcon, I always hear Mooninite's voice: "Nair grab is so cool".

Sometimes I smile like a ****** (mouth agape and everything) when I get a really cool looking combo.

I instinctively hang my head in shame when I SD.

I like to twirl my thumbsticks a lot right after I lose a stock. I also click my L and R triggers alternately on the Stage Loading screen.

Bill_the_Duck

Smash Cadet
if I mess up a controller thing (press the wrong button, move a stick the wrong way) and it kills me I spam press the correct button or move the stick rapidly the right way until I respawn. Kind of annoying because a lot of the time I fall off the cloud earlier than I would have liked because of it.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
if I mess up a controller thing (press the wrong button, move a stick the wrong way) and it kills me I spam press the correct button or move the stick rapidly the right way until I respawn. Kind of annoying because a lot of the time I fall off the cloud earlier than I would have liked because of it.
I do that too, sometimes. Except I aggressively move the control stick left and right.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Featured Topic'd.

On topic, my quirks on the top of my head are:

1.) Wiping my hands after losing a stock.
2.) Sticking my tongue Michael Jordan like when going for Fox gimps (or any gimps).
3.) Clenching my lips together whenever I do a n-air out of shield with Sheik.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
When I SD, I facepalm, and when I lose a stock, I squint my eyes. :V

I roll my eyes when my opponent SDs. <_>

Top Bottom