• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Quirks

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Idk if this is a quirk or not, but it is incredibly funny when it works.

DJnicholasRAGE really likes to charge smashes. If he does and it is going to miss he lets it charge to full and then hits the controller in his left palm like he is clapping with it. It has made me run into a fully charged smash one to many times. Dude has some other funny tricks i've never seen anyone else try.

Dude is mind-gamey

(ain't nuthin to a boss)
The dude likes to shake his controller around in a tech roll situation. I've been doing it ever since I saw that. Sometimes I'll just say "left" or "right" before I choose.

I stick my tongue out every time I waveshine.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm very good at telling whether or not a character will survive with the current DI, so whenever I am watching a match and someone is about to barely survive a strong hit, I reach out in the direction they were sent, as if to catch them.

Also, if I'm -really- irritated with what's going on in a match I'm playing, I sing stupid lyrics to the current song about what I'm irritated with. It's pretty embarrassing. :(

Kirby0505

Smash Rookie
:d

Sometimes when I play my hands sweat and even tho i wipe them off it keeps happening

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
After I get a kill I usually suicide with a poorly timed wave dash. Then I act all surprised like its the first time its happened. :reverse:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Sometimes when I play my hands sweat and even tho i wipe them off it keeps happening
Not really a quirk, many of us do this. Wiping even though there isn't a real reason for it, would be more of a quirk :D

After I get a kill I usually suicide with a poorly timed wave dash. Then I act all surprised like its the first time its happened. :reverse:
Sounds more like JOHNS to me :p

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Not really a quirk, many of us do this. Wiping even though there isn't a real reason for it, would be more of a quirk :D

Sounds more like JOHNS to me :p
Johning? You must be joshing. This new tourney lingo makes me lol.

Anyways, I really don't make excuses for when I SD. I just carry on.

voorhese

Smash Master
I have a habit of scratching my nose after I die and I notice it everytime and it bothers me, but I still do it everytime without thinking.
coincidentally enough in my communication class I heard that we have have "erectile tissue" on our nose that gets affected when we are trying to hide something. So it may be linked to trying to keep your calm, or because you are hiding weaknesses you posses during the match etc.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Whenever I successfully recover, I tilt my head to the right, but when I don't make it or I get gimped, I turn my head to the left.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I used to press r twice when wavedashing but in such rapid succession that it didn't make a difference. I tried to stop this but it made me Hold r too long insead i and shielded after every wavedash. I've since then broke the habit.

:phone:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Just last week I learned gimpyfish has an interesting quirk when he plays, but it's hard to notice.

He grunts/screams as loud as he possibly can every time he does a boozer fsmash.

I missed a rest on him in a bracket match, and he stood up and did a boozer pose as he grunted as loud as he possibly could - causing the whole venue to go silent and look over at us - as he did a fully charged fsmash on me. :urg:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is that hard to notice? I do something similar when I Bowser F-Smash, so, perhaps I am biased.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have a tendency to chew on my tongue in matches, which makes me look weird. When I was a kid, other kids make fun of me for it, even if I was bigger and stronger. :cool:

I also am a great trash talker. "Yeah, Coco Pebbles box. That must have been yummy! Yeah!" "That apple core has really lost some weight!" "That Yoplay is on that Ben Gay." :ohwell:

Another thing that I notice is that when I win, I tend to not lose. Is that weird at all guys=???

:awesome:

Tekk

Smash Lord
I missed a rest on him in a bracket match, and he stood up and did a boozer pose as he grunted as loud as he possibly could - causing the whole venue to go silent and look over at us - as he did a fully charged fsmash on me. :urg:
looooool EXPOSED

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I also realize I compliment my opponent. I say stuff like "nice hit," "good kill" or "great moves" regardless of whether they are owning me, I am owning them, or if the match is close. It can be weird listening to me saying it, because it's like I'm not saying it. It is probably just my politeness subconsciously taking over while I'm super into a match. Besides, who can hate the polite guy who always compliments you subconsciously=??? :rolleyes: :grin: :bee:

Jasou

Smash Ace
Just last week I learned gimpyfish has an interesting quirk when he plays, but it's hard to notice.

He grunts/screams as loud as he possibly can every time he does a boozer fsmash.

lol, such an epic quirk. I gota see gimpy some day.

WhoDaThunk

Smash Rookie
When I lose a stock, I get closer to the tv. And when i get kills with G&W's Judgement or dsmash, i say, "It's hammer time!"

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
..Wow, this thread got a lot of responses, and featured! Good stuff.

So this is something that has to do with being in the zone. I used to take adderall a lot when I was a kid for my ADD, stopped taking it for a while, and have recently started up again. For those of you who don't know, one common side effect of adderall is stomach aches. I'll get back to this later.

Basically, adderall was helping me focus on smash really well. I didn't question it lol.

So one day, I hadn't taken my adderall, nor had I eaten since like 10am (it was 10pm) and had a pretty bad stomach ache. I went to this kid Jesse's (mytummyhertz) house to play smash with a bunch of people. And I was in the zone so hard it was crazy. I suddenly realized, it wasn't the adderall that was helping me focus (though I'm sure it helped), it was the stomach ache. I don't know how or why, but it was like the stomach ache was prominent enough to completely overshadow annoyance, distractions, worrying about ****ing up, pressure, etc. All the elements I could think of that would throw my game off were stopped by the simple fact that I had two things on my mind; The stomach ache, and the game. And I didn't have to mentally think about the stomach ache, I could just feel it.

I play this game better when I have a stomach ache/am generally uncomfortable. Lol. How weird is that?

voorhese

Smash Master
^ I can relate. At scsyn2 I hadn't slept in like 2 days, and during a friendly doubles match i was really sleepy. My partner had died out, and I was 1v2'ing vro and rat. I was doing pretty well and took them down to last stock. And i remember sitting there and thinking wow this guy is doing pretty well. About a second later I realized it was me, and choked away the victory! lololololol

Top Bottom