• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Zelda

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
-Zelda may be able to jab infinite at low % on walls. Check this video out at 2:39: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XS_pCSnoRGM. I kept hitting him for a while, but I'm not sure if he was DIing correctly.

Yeah, Zelda has a jab infinite on Pokemon Stadium ( dunno why people call it Pokemon Satdium 1, it's called pokemon stadium only) , in that part that you saw on the video.
The jab infinite is in small characters like lucas and ness maybe G&W too ^^
It's an infinite because the jab doesn't pop them up, they just keep bouncing,
and i think's it's a semi-infinite on tall characters, dunno if they can get out with their Up-B's
but i think it's an infinite, you have to be very separated from your opponent so they can't escape, and after they're 90% or so ( the time the rock stage is out) you can finish with an Up-smash ^^

Or maybe the lucas was DIng wrong, but he never bounced up 0_0
It was just like the IC Ice block lock, he was just there laying on the floor bouncing lmao

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah, Zelda has a jab infinite on Pokemon Stadium ( dunno why people call it Pokemon Satdium 1, it's called pokemon stadium only) , in that part that you saw on the video.
The jab infinite is in small characters like lucas and ness maybe G&W too ^^
It's an infinite because the jab doesn't pop them up, they just keep bouncing,
and i think's it's a semi-infinite on tall characters, dunno if they can get out with their Up-B's
but i think it's an infinite, you have to be very separated from your opponent so they can't escape, and after they're 90% or so ( the time the rock stage is out) you can finish with an Up-smash ^^

Or maybe the lucas was DIng wrong, but he never bounced up 0_0
It was just like the IC Ice block lock, he was just there laying on the floor bouncing lmao
don't you need to knock them over first then?

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Zelda was crap in melee. I must say that I really like how they changed her in this game. Now she's at least decent if anything.

Her attacks have been powered up greatly at the expense of a small change of speed. Her up smash can be used to juggle opponents and is very powerful(killing people at 80%, or at least that's how much damage they had when I killed them). Her up b is among the best, with a distance almost twice as long as Fox's Firefox. Her special attacks are capable of dealing much damage and knockback. However, she lacks speed, which is very important in a good character.

Overall, Zelda is a formidable foe, and is at least mid tier, maybe high tier, but definitely not low.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Seriously he's going through and posting in all char weekly discussions, just ignore him.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
im tryin to create intelligent debate here instead of debating with the people at home that dont know what they're talking about. didnt anyone read my topic in gen brawl discussion?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Her fair/bair are so easy to land on Bowser/D3/Donkey....

Multiple up smashes on fast falling characters at low % is amazing and nearly impossible to punish.
Yeah, but I hardly see anyone using Bowser or DK... D:
Plus, they're so dam heavy, that you still need a little high % to KO them with bair/fair.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
-Using Din's Fire when recovering from top works incredibly good. Surprised this wasn't discussed here.

I disagree; it can be useful as a recovery at times, but because Din's can't hit the opponent directly below, it makes it almost futile to try that.

For example, say you're in the air, & opponent X is across from you, grounded.
If you try to use Din's, a smart player will dash toward you & get below/behind you = ow.
Not to mention her slow fall rate......

I wouldn't say it's incredibly good, but still worth using if you're smart with it.

-Zelda may be able to jab infinite at low % on walls. Check this video out at 2:39: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XS_pCSnoRGM. I kept hitting him for a while, but I'm not sure if he was DIing correctly.
LOLOLOLOLOL.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
you again. was there any point in saying that? was what i said offensive to anyone in anyway? if anyone, you should shut up. you're lucky i haven't reported you yet. i never tell on people, but you're pushing me a bit too far.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
you again. was there any point in saying that? was what i said offensive to anyone in anyway? if anyone, you should shut up. you're lucky i haven't reported you yet. i never tell on people, but you're pushing me a bit too far.
Why the hell shouldn't I troll you when all you do is go around necroposting randomly?

Lawl at you for being so childish.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Oh, my bad. But you aren't exactly posting anything new, either.
Flaming him for your own glorification isn't a good thing, either. Just ignore him & get out of this thread. Is that so hard?

So ironic when you call him childish.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
everything after this post is arguement free.

Is Zelda a character that should be used often in tournaments, or just for fun?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've been having a stroke of bad luck online. I keep getting *****. A Fox beat me of all characters. There was horrible button lag.

It's weird because my Zelda is so much better offline, but online she's absolutely AWFUL. I can't even recover XD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... zelda takes precision. lots of it.

on wifi she'll whiff lightning kicks like it's her job and get punished for lag.

Villi

Smash Lord
Probably if you stopped trying to love tap him with your up b while he's trying to land up smash KO's you wouldn't lose so bad.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
For sarcasm's sake: yes I do need to stop 'love tapping' my opponents whilst they smash me left, right and centre.

Good advice... >.>

In all seriousness, I truly don't use it consistently, AT ALL. I understand I've given off that impression because I talk about the **** move a lot, but I hope this post clears things XD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
For sarcasm's sake: yes I do need to stop 'love tapping' my opponents whilst they smash me left, right and centre.

Good advice... >.>

In all seriousness, I truly don't use it consistently, AT ALL. I understand I've given off that impression because I talk about the **** move a lot, but I hope this post clears things XD
Wtf is love tap.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
LOL...... = =''

You know what I hate? Getting back to solid ground after an opponent hits you up. Soo annoying.
I know! Zelda hasn't got a very good air dodge. Her spotdodge on the other hand is amazing!

I see you're online. Care for some dittos?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Is it like Love Jump but you do it with FW instead?
...wait. That's Farore's Boost or something.
I dunno.
I find both of them useless anyway.

Can anyone tell me some good ways to use LJ or FB? @_@

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I know! Zelda hasn't got a very good air dodge. Her spotdodge on the other hand is amazing!

I see you're online. Care for some dittos?
I can't Brawl on weekdays; You can contact me on weekends & Fridays, though.

I'll be glad to Brawl witchu then.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*facepalm*
omigosh villi's just jabbing at your silly insistance on using Farore's start up offensively... intentionally.

love tap just means that its weak as ****

<_<

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Ohhh.

Still, FB and LJ is useless. I've never seen anyone use it before in a match...even if they did, it was accidentally and most of the time they didn't know what the heck they were doing. Obviously they haven't been on Smashboards xD

The names suck too...Love Jump...ew. Farore's Boost doesn't sound as corny, but it still sucks >___>

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Jump transform is the best! Seriously...I don't KB the opponent anymore with Shiek (which is bad cuz now I have ppl living up to 130% with Shiek T_T ). I just rack and rack and then wait for him to hit me sky high and then I jump transform. They can never get you. YESSS!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ohhh.

Still, FB and LJ is useless. I've never seen anyone use it before in a match...even if they did, it was accidentally and most of the time they didn't know what the heck they were doing. Obviously they haven't been on Smashboards xD

The names suck too...Love Jump...ew. Farore's Boost doesn't sound as corny, but it still sucks >___>
Yeah, I hate the names too. ewwewewew.

Villi

Smash Lord
I usually end up doing FB when I just want to get back onto the stage more quickly than I think I'll be edge guarded. It usually works out better than I think it would if FB didn't happen, but it's just something that naturally occurs when you FW out of hitstun.

Love jump is mostly pretty useless...

D

Deleted member

has anybody noticed that if you go back and play melee zelda and get really good with her that your brawl zelda gets better too? my spacing has become waaaaay better (you could also blame DOA4 for this lol), i sweetspot the bair/fair almost every time now and my brawl combos have gotten better. very strange lol

Top Bottom