• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Zelda

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
has anybody noticed that if you go back and play melee zelda and get really good with her that your brawl zelda gets better too? my spacing has become waaaaay better (you could also blame DOA4 for this lol), i sweetspot the bair/fair almost every time now and my brawl combos have gotten better. very strange lol
and vice versa. my melee zelda is now actually quite good.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Same here. I find that I sweet f-air/b-air more after playing Melee Zelda. Go figure =P

(and yeah...my Melee Zelda completely sucks. I only play CPUs.)

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Well the melee Zelda itself sucked, so I wouldn't be surprised if your melee Zelda sucked too.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Grr, go try this with Peach. Once you play Brawl your Melee Peach is PURE **** GARBAGE

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Thanks. I know this isn't a Peach thread but also, how do you float a cm above the ground? I can't do taht. It keeps making me float higher.

D

Deleted member

Thanks. I know this isn't a Peach thread but also, how do you float a cm above the ground? I can't do taht. It keeps making me float higher.
press and hold X and immediately hold down, down forward or down back

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Thanks! I'm going to use Peach more often now. Let's go back to talking about Zelda.

What if Zelda could float?

D

Deleted member

she'd be even more amazing?

floating sweetspotted fairs would be sexy lol

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Float with Zelda will be so unZeldaish, but maybe we could have her levitate herself with magical powers lmao. But having a float would make her really fun ^_^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If Dins Fire had've been actually good in Melee, she would have been top tier.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You think so? You could pretty much get out of all her smash attacks, and her moves overall weren't that great. It was easier to sweetspot Bair/Fair though

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
She feels really clunky in melee =( But the joys of landing sweetspots are too good! I wish they were that easier to land in brawl.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Imagine if they froze and Zelda didn't and she had enough time to pull off a taunt, and then BAM they go flying!

THAT'D be great ;D !!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This has been here long enough.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I think Melee's Zelda's Dair and F-tilt were better ;_; Oh well ^_^
At least they're more powerful in Brawl ¬_¬