• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Pokémon Trainer

Bomber7

Smash Hero
everyone knows electrode is the best because he can use Explosion and kill us all, though yeah I thin squirtle is the best.

It's weird that on the match up chart Ivy is the best of the 3

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Sorry Bomber, You're wrong on this one.
Gengar pwns all.

But to me....I think :charizard: is the best of the three.
He can handle himself, He has some speed and KO power.
3 jumps and a good recovery.
A good grab game.

:094:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well according to the chart, Ivy is aparently the best. He has full blue against Squirtle, I think a light green against charz and maybe a yellow against Ivy, with that blue and the other medium to higher low colors, ivy is apparently the best.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
This depends who is your best pokemon. Dittos are focused more on the skill of the player rather than the actualy qualities or statistic of the character.

I mean, like, Squirtle has a 0-50% combo on almost everyone. But not everyone can use this, nor can everyone utilize this (Me including), so without the fast means of dishing damage, then Squirtle is more compromised. Squirtle has the best aerials out of the three hands down, so the skill of the player depends on his usage of Sqruitle's best aspects in the air.

Ivysaur is... ivysaur, Too straight-forward on the skill of the player to really take advantage of anything. But Ivysaur requires more precise spacing, but when used, is a beast because he can defensively outrange Charizard and Squirtle easily in that department.

Charizard seems an ideal choice in the matter. Squirtle's lightweight makes Charizard eat him, and forcing Ivysaur to apporach is key to beating the grass pokemon.

So all three pokemon have the skill it takes to take out each other, now it then relies on the actual skill of the player.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
In a ditto, It depends on who is your best really. I would start with Ivy just because she's my best, but all three are viable. Its not so much which has a better matchup, since you both know the characters and should just use who you are most skilled with.

T-block

B2B TST
Actually in dittos I always start Ivysaur. She can handle Squirtle really well, goes even with herself *cough*, and Bullet Seed raaaaapes Charizard. I love this matchup so much lol

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
I found that when I start off as Ivysaur it has an adverse effect on my opponent. They tend to play against all my pokemon in an overly aggressive manner from start to finish. As opose to starting with Charizard where they tend to pace all my pokemon more adequately and Squirtle in which my opponent tends to play much more defensively all around.

Its not just a single person that it happens with. In my online matches, and tourney games, the mass majority tend to not properly adjust their stills to suit the proper pokemon

Top Bottom