• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'll never let you forget that Nintenjoe :laugh:

It will forever be in my sig. :D

sasook

Smash Champion
rofl at the last couple of posts. Maybe since this has been unstickied, Izaw's will be restickied.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
You'd lose my respect too NintenJoe lol
I'd never quit Link, he's just too fun of a character to play as. No matter how often I get mauled by Meta Knight, I'll never give up. There are just some things in life that are worth fighting for, like a higher tier placement. :)

I'll never let you forget that Nintenjoe :laugh:

It will forever be in my sig. :D
Lol, now I'll have a bunch of MK players yelling at me, but whatever. MK will be banned soon enough...

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
they should just name this thread "Link: General Discussion and Spam"

Seriously, the only worthwhile posts in this entire thread are the first 2 pages... :laugh:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
God I am off my game today. I almost lost to a lvl 7 comp. I need help. I need to play some people. D: Maybe tomorrow with my friends.... God I hope so. Either that or get wifi fixed. I can't be worse than comps! :< I'm asking my dad if he can fix the wifi because I just can't. Such a pain.

sasook

Smash Champion
I lost in dittos yesterday to a Link who would use the following:

At a distance - boomerang -> charged arrow -> bomb or if i tried to approach, boomerang -> charged arrow -> double fsmash

Mid - dash attack -> jab combo -> "distance combo" or if i came closer, spin attack/fsmash

short - fsmash, fsmash, fsmash

I swear he used fsmash so freakin' much. It annoyed me because I knew his patterns, yet I couldn't think of a way to counter them. So he won all of them.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Man that sucks. In other news, I got my brother to play me. We used to beat the living **** out of Bowser in Melee on teams as Captain Falcon (both of us). It was fun. It was a comp but it was so fun getting free knees and Paunches. We do the same every know and then in Brawl so I promised him 30 stock against Bowser (no team attack) and he'd play me in a couple of friendlies. I got my wish :D Yay.

I lost in dittos yesterday to a Link who would use the following:

At a distance - boomerang -> charged arrow -> bomb or if i tried to approach, boomerang -> charged arrow -> double fsmash

Mid - dash attack -> jab combo -> "distance combo" or if i came closer, spin attack/fsmash

short - fsmash, fsmash, fsmash

I swear he used fsmash so freakin' much. It annoyed me because I knew his patterns, yet I couldn't think of a way to counter them. So he won all of them.
some suggestions:

sheildash (make it a spot dodge sometimes to avoid being grabbed if he founds out the pattern) and SHADs, since he use laggy moves

and being in his face all the time since it is quite obvious he dont like close combat

the only move link has(besides projectiles) that outreaches fsmash is zair(as you probably know) so more retreating zairs.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The Sonic and Lucario boards get to have spam threads..........so why can't the Link boards?

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
BTW Vista is not that bad, your computer just probably can't run it probably ^^
Vista makes me want to cry :(

I can't run my Adobe Flash to make animations on this without intense freezing.

Laptop =
4 Gigs of RAM
2.50ghz Core Duo processor
500 Gig Harddrive

I can't wait till Windows comes out with a new OS....if it's weak sauce...I'm gonna be a rabid Mac fanboy I guess :/

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Vista makes me want to cry :(

I can't run my Adobe Flash to make animations on this without intense freezing.

Laptop =
4 Gigs of RAM
2.50ghz Core Duo processor
500 Gig Harddrive

I can't wait till Windows comes out with a new OS....if it's weak sauce...I'm gonna be a rabid Mac fanboy I guess :/
I don't think it's Vistas fault. My computer has REALLY similar specs and I can run Flash, Photoshop and Illustrator, plus all my usual stuff (Firefox, Winamp, etc.) at once, on Vista, with no problems whatsoever.

vista sucks no doubt, whats new with vista? new flashy transparent windows, fixed XP bugs(and got twice as many new at the same time) it has its own antivirus built in(but its not good enough to work alone so you still needs an other antivirus program, which makes vistas antivirus useless and only consuming power), it has a new search function that tries to be as macintosh but it never finds anything. No programs works, and everything contains virus due to vista.

Im going for linux ubuntu,which actually uses the graphic card to do the graphics on the desktop. changing this week, actually.

@wastingpinguins and oddler: your specs dont need to be the same, you wasting puingins maybe has more cache memory and faster RAM memories. + thats not all the parts in the computor.
And the harddrive should never be used in a computor to do something else than store data.

sasook

Smash Champion
So um.....I played my first set of offline matches the other day. (didn't record any)

And uh yeah, I realized that it's much MUCH easier to play Link offline. The AT's, the spacing......I like it....a lot......it's much better....like wow. It really opened up my eyes. This may just make me look at wifi like a lulz kinda thing for fun.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So um.....I played my first set of offline matches the other day. (didn't record any)

And uh yeah, I realized that it's much MUCH easier to play Link offline. The AT's, the spacing......I like it....a lot......it's much better....like wow. It really opened up my eyes. This may just make me look at wifi like a lulz kinda thing for fun.
Ah, the beauty of offline matches is marvelous no? Brawl is way better offline than online. Link is also much better lol Anyway, my Japanese Brawl just spazzed on me. It would read the disc. I'm worried. :( I'll try playing it again.

sasook

Smash Champion
Why'd the tether topic get closed? I thought it was kinda funny watching that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom